Tech Question maybe

CoH Discussion
Axien_Dellusions
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Tech Question maybe

Post by Axien_Dellusions »

Anyone else keep getting dumped off the server after a few minutes of game play? I'll be in the middle of a mission and the game locks up and resets whatever mission I'm on. Will take any help I can get on this because I have no clue what's' causing it.
Lvl 65 enchanter (retired)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstien

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." Galileo Galilei
Ogbar
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: Greblaja

Post by Ogbar »

Well, are your drivers up to date, etc? I have heard others mention this on the boards, but I have not had all that many disconnects since the game went live (none at all, in fact, since a couple of days after launch).

I wonder if the problems you see are exacerbated by server load: what server do you play on? Virtue was running 3 dots at times this week, and another one as well (might have been justice, but I am only 70% confident on that).
Ogbar - a member of the Tiger's Roar retirement community
Axien_Dellusions
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

I haven't checked my drivers yet (should have thought have that) but I play on Freedom who is usually at 2 dots. I'll ask.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstien

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." Galileo Galilei
Neost
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: neost
Wii Friend Code: neost

Post by Neost »

I've seen mention of a major bug with Nvidia cards (I THINK it was Nvidia) either on the CoH official site or coh.warcry.com. Might check those sites for info.
Drolgin Steingrinder
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: Drolgin

Post by Drolgin Steingrinder »

If you get bumped off the server and restart CoH, try doublechecking that there's not an inactive version of COH running in the background. It's a huge problem for me that I can't get COH to shut down properly - running any program after CoH without rebooting first guarantees huge lag.
IT'S HARD TO PUT YOUR FINGER ON IT; SOMETHING IS WRONG
I'M LIKE THE UNCLE WHO HUGGED YOU A LITTLE TOO LONG
Psyloche
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Psyloche »

Neost wrote:I've seen mention of a major bug with Nvidia cards (I THINK it was Nvidia) either on the CoH official site or coh.warcry.com. Might check those sites for info.
I got an NVidia card and have no problems at all.
Hijoputa 80 DK - Undermine
Psyloche 80 Rogue - Hyjal
Baaka 80 Paladin - Hyjal
Churrasco 70 Tauren Warrior - Firetree
Rennard 70 UD Priest - Firetree
Sinjin617 - Ogame.org (More or less Retired)
Seithyr 70 Monk - Veeshan (Retired)
Psyloche Wenusberg 70 Rogue - Veeshan (Retired)
Axien_Dellusions
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Okay I'm going to ask you guys because because my husband explains it to me but doesn't. He's saying that the DDR ram and mother board are running to slow but I know we have over 1000 ram and a 2.6 processor and we need to upgrade. (you see where my techno husband is leading me.) I'm so not the computer nut but I know it ran EQ's PoP expansion beautifuly, so I want to fix this so I don't have to follow his want of getting a new computer.

Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

Hmm. The game runs beautifully on my Athlon 1.9 Ghz and 1GB ram so upgrading the computer to get the game working is complete BS.

Do this --
1 - click on start, then run.
2 - in the box that appears, type in dxdiag and click Ok
3 - Click on the Save all Information Button. This will create a file with system specs and driver versions.
4 - PM it to me on the board, e-mail it to me or just post the results on this thread so that we can take a look at it and try to figure this out.
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

The RAM and cpu seem fine, the motherboard could be a poor one, don't know what you have, but even so... Graphics card is another big important one. I had some bad lag one day, but otherwise been ok.
Axien_Dellusions
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

I have a GForce 4 1080 Ti, I think that's what it's called. It's gotten better recently so I'm wondering if it's the mapservers. It usually happens on indoor missions.