Group Makeups

CoH Discussion
No Stars!

Group Makeups

Post by Avatarofmal »

Just curious, what has everyone's grouping experiences been so far. My main gaming bud and I decided to go with the tank/controller route and we've had very few problems duoing through to level 14. Easier of course when we add some better damage classes, but I don't think we've yet hit a mission that we couldn't complete with no deaths (if we're smart).

He's a Energy/Invuln tanker, I'm a mental/empathy controller. Do other combinations find it challenging but doable to duo through missions? About the only thing that has given us real trouble are the Vhaz missions, but even those we were able to complete with caution.
CoH - Hypermind, A truly mental Controller on Victory Server
-------------------------------------------------
Retired - Malazuin Shadizar - Enchanter, Veeshan
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

Controller/fire blaster duo seemed to be a vary good combo last night. A couple of controllers with 3 or 4 blasters could make for some EQ-like AE groups.
Deward
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Deward »

The vhaz missions got a hell of a lot easier for me once I got hover. the cadavers will still hit you if you are in range but their melee is worse and if you can avoid that then it makes a big difference. I am only level 9 but I just completed a solo vhaz mission and had no problems even underground.

I have been in several pickup groups. I was with one a couple days ago where I was only 7th level but 3 other people were 10-12. I couldn't damage anythign they were fighting but I was able to constantly heal and the exp flowed quick. Everyone in the group had hover or knockback so we did pretty well against a lot of toughies.
Deward