N00bish entheusiasm...

CoH Discussion
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

N00bish entheusiasm...

Post by masteen »

So one of my best RL friends picked up this over the weekend, and we got to play together last night. I'm more into this game than any other since EQ, but the n00bish joy he took in doing stuff last night really suprised me. I felt like I was owning Crushbone all over again.

The little things like figuring out chat commands, interface tweaks, basic multi-MOB tactics are all new to him. He's an experienced gamer though, so it doesn't take him long to pick stuff up, but sometimes I catch him just staring at some new and cool aspect of the city and get the Neo-esque "Woah."

Good times :D
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

We did a mission last night with the Tsoo (NINJAS). It was awesome/scary walking into the mission and seeing a room full of about 15 ninjas jumping all over each other. The best was when we were fighting at the top of the stairs and the Tsoo would jumpfly up the stairs in classic ninja pose.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Were they flipping out and cutting heads off? :razz:
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Sparty
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Sparty »

Yeah, What Dregor said. Ive played a ton of MMORPG's, and this is the first since EQ that has ever given me that newbish feeling of excitment. Not sure how long it will last, but im having fun atm.

My name is Sparty
Neost
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: neost
Wii Friend Code: neost

Post by Neost »

I went on a Tsoo mission as a sidekick with some guys the other day. That was one of the coolest fights I've experienced in a long time. Even when we went up against double sorcerers and many ninja types it was mad fun.

I've tried all the latest games to hit the shelves and never played one for more than a couple of weeks since EQ. CoH is rocking so far.