Any good tip for the 2nd power pool for electicity blasters?

CoH Discussion
Hesten
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Any good tip for the 2nd power pool for electicity blasters?

Post by Hesten »

I finally reached level 10, and i got access to my 2nd power pool.
Took the Flight powers in the first power pool, but now when i can get the 2nd, i dont really know what to pick.

Concealment dont really seem interesting, not sure if its needed in the endgame.

Fighting is useless, since i cant get close.

Fitness i considered, for the health and stamina regen later on.

Flight i will of course get Fly, and maybe Air Superiority, anyone know if thats any good?

Leadership im not sure if its worth it, but seems interesting.

Leaping is kinda useless when you got Fligth

Medicine could be interesting, but figure that im a dps class, not a healer.

Super speed could also be interesting, but again, got Flight.

Teleportation could maybe be usefull, but again, cant port mobs close, and i can travel with Flight.

Anyone got any good tips on what a Electricity/Gadgets based blaster should get as 2nd power, if any at all?
"Terrorism is the war of the poor, and war is the terrorism of the rich"
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Any good tip for the 2nd power pool for electicity blast

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Concealment is good if you want easier pulls(stealth) or just like to scout an area without aggro! You can pass thru hostile areas without aggro as well.

Fitness is Good for hp and end regen!

Air superiority is striking down an opponent from the air, its good for melee if they have no other means.

Leadership are buffs for whole group that STACKS! If you use tactics and i use tactics, effects stack! :)

Recall Friend from Teleportation line is very useful but you dont really need teleport yourself if you aiming for flight! Would recommend recall though, fly to the spot and port in the friends! :)
Hesten wrote:I finally reached level 10, and i got access to my 2nd power pool.
Took the Flight powers in the first power pool, but now when i can get the 2nd, i dont really know what to pick.

Concealment dont really seem interesting, not sure if its needed in the endgame.

Fighting is useless, since i cant get close.

Fitness i considered, for the health and stamina regen later on.

Flight i will of course get Fly, and maybe Air Superiority, anyone know if thats any good?

Leadership im not sure if its worth it, but seems interesting.

Leaping is kinda useless when you got Fligth

Medicine could be interesting, but figure that im a dps class, not a healer.

Super speed could also be interesting, but again, got Flight.

Teleportation could maybe be usefull, but again, cant port mobs close, and i can travel with Flight.

Anyone got any good tips on what a Electricity/Gadgets based blaster should get as 2nd power, if any at all?
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Keverian FireCry »

bah
Last edited by Keverian FireCry on May 2, 2004, 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

as a blaster pretty much the only means you have to heal yourself is the medicine power pool set. you can also heal and res other people which is nice since no one will be playing defenders in two months. blasters don't have a lot of hp but at higher levels I could see someone sitting around doing nothing for a long time while waiting for their health to regenerate. this depends on how often you think you are going to be soloing though.

teleport friend/group is very useful if you're impatient and everyone is flogging their dogs instead of running to a mission while you're waiting for them to get there (group less so since you could probably TP a whole group using teleport friend in about a minute), but I would highly suggest not getting teleport foe at least until the developers do something to that power. the way it works now, whether or not you succeed of fail the teleport it aggros the mob you're teleporting as well as anything else it was standing around with, so basically it is quite literally no different than just shooting the thing with a lightning bolt and letting it run at you. it has a longer range than anything you could shoot it with, but it still only takes them an extra second to make up the difference. it's easily the most worthless power in the game.

invis is alright because you get a huge defense bonus for being invisible. I hate the sound effects though.

either way, unless you are building your character in some weird way it's probably too early to be thinking about a second power pool til you are in your 30s.
Spankes
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Spankes »

If you pick a power pool and decide you don't like it can you get rid of it and get something else?
EQ - Spankes - Retired
Wow - Randulph
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

From the Strategy Guide:

The reward for this trial is a medal on your ID card, a large Experience Point bonus, and a special Enhancement that modifies two or more powers/effects and is valid at +/- 5 levels instead of the normal 3. Additionally, the radiation from the reactor has 'mutated' the Heroes such that they can reselect their Archeype (!!), powers, and power sets. Enhancements are put into a "special bag" for this process and reallocated when done. Unallocated enhancements are lost.
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Xouqoa

Post by Xouqoa »

What trial is that?
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy
Letania
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Letania »

either way, unless you are building your character in some weird way it's probably too early to be thinking about a second power pool til you are in your 30s.
I disagree. Hasten is ridiculously powerful at any point in the game and allows you to really knock shit around.

Stamina is also an amazing power, I can't see playing another character without either a fast recharge End skill, or Stamina. Devices doesn't have any Endurance regenerating skills but has several toggled skills that will drain you (Drone and Cloak are nice). Ignore stealth, do Cloak.

Since you got Devices as a second power you won't really have a lot of room for Power Pools if you want to get the most out of that set. My setup would be to get Stamina, Hasten and Flight and be done with them...

But really at level 10 you shouldn't be getting into a second power pool, as Kyou said, unless you're building your character some weird way. You need to get your nuke lineup solid, then get Hasten and go to town.