Augments...

CoH Discussion
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Augments...

Post by masteen »

Should I be augmenting my powers with the level 1,2, and 3 training augs dropping from the noob quests? I don't want to gimp my characters, but the augs REALLY help vs. the more organized baddies.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Mawafu
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Mawafu »

You can overwrite augs later when you get better ones.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Overwrite, or upgrade? I've upgraded a couple of augs (mostly the damage inc. ones), can you upgrade training augs with dual or single origin ones?
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Xouqoa

Post by Xouqoa »

You can trash the ones you have in there and put a different one in at any time.
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy
Zamtuk
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zamtuk »

just put one for every level and you can consistently upgrade.

i start at lvl 1 everything (unless i can help it) and upgrade with whatever drops, it automatically goes up. if it fails, it will give you the higher of the two powers.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

and the higher aug always takes precedence when you combine them.

So if you had one that was like 2+ and combined it with a 5, you'd end up with a 5+ and not a 2++. Or a 2++ and a 5 would still end up with a 5+.

All the number means is the level that the particular aug is effective at (someone else correct me if i'm wrong) and each plus is just an additional level of effectiveness (so 2+ means 3 and 2++ means 4). Once you are more than three levels above an aug's level, it is no longer modifying your power, and you cannot equip an aug that is more than three levels higher than your current level. The varying strenghts of augs depends on which type they are: Training, Dual Origin, Single Origin. SO is the most powerful, Traning is the weakest.
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Of course Masteen!

Use what you got and replace when you find / buy better! :)
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

Quick question. I assume the answer is no, but does putting say 2 end reduction augments on the same power (not combined) have any benefit?
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

You.. You get the benefit from each instance of the aug.
Hesten
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Hesten »

Btw, a GOOD tip:
If you get the Hover power (and who dont wanna fly?), go buy a fly enchantment right away, i seen a total of 2 drop, a level 4, and a level 2, so not worth waiting for it to drop. Go buy it, you wont regret that extra fly speed.
"Terrorism is the war of the poor, and war is the terrorism of the rich"
Drolgin Steingrinder
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: Drolgin

Post by Drolgin Steingrinder »

Actually, unless you put a shitload of flight speed enhancers into hover it will *always* be a lot slower than walking. For most ranged combat builds, including support classes, Hover is one of the only defensive buffs we really get - and the Def. gain from hovering is major. I'd suggest putting a Defense Buff enhancement in there instead, ymmv.
IT'S HARD TO PUT YOUR FINGER ON IT; SOMETHING IS WRONG
I'M LIKE THE UNCLE WHO HUGGED YOU A LITTLE TOO LONG
Letania
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Letania »

Actually, unless you put a shitload of flight speed enhancers into hover it will *always* be a lot slower than walking. For most ranged combat builds, including support classes, Hover is one of the only defensive buffs we really get - and the Def. gain from hovering is major. I'd suggest putting a Defense Buff enhancement in there instead, ymmv.
Seconded. Hover is KEY for staying alive, especially soloing. Put some Def into it, once you get higher level and have better Enhancements you'll see a big difference in survivability with hover off, and hover on.
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

Dregor Thule wrote:Quick question. I assume the answer is no, but does putting say 2 end reduction augments on the same power (not combined) have any benefit?
Yes, I have every attack power double damage augmented.
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Keverian FireCry »

For Hover do you reccomend just keeping it at 1 slot or do you add a slot for more Def enhancements?
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

I dropped the flight speed 10 into the enhancement slot. Also put a second slot in it for the endurance reduction. I am probably going to drop a defense enhancement in there at some point, but currently I am able to defeat groups that are even with my level by being more mobile and using fast AE powers up close and then bugging out to pick off one at a time.

If you play a fire blaster, there is a very good combo with fire ball/breathe fire. I pre-cast the fireball and run into range and have the breathe fire queued up before the fire ball hits. I can get the entire group before they are able to disperse. If I find groups that are just 2 levels lower than me, I can usually drop all but the LT's and bosses almost instantly.
Drolgin Steingrinder
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: Drolgin

Post by Drolgin Steingrinder »

Only reasons I can see for putting flight speed into hover are if you a) aren't planning on getting Flight and intend to use Hover as part of your traveling powers or b) if you play on the edge of "Too Tired" all the time and need a cheap movement power to help you get away from bad guys since Flight is very end intensive.

I haven't added a second slot to Hover yet; if I do it will probably be for another Def. enhancer.
IT'S HARD TO PUT YOUR FINGER ON IT; SOMETHING IS WRONG
I'M LIKE THE UNCLE WHO HUGGED YOU A LITTLE TOO LONG