Teleport questions...

CoH Discussion
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Teleport questions...

Post by masteen »

How, exactly, does it work? Do you pick the spot you want to bounce to from the zone map, or like pick a zone from the city map, or what?
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Zaul
No Stars!

Post by Zaul »

When you try to self teleport you get a target recticle that you aim by mouse and click to go in that direction. 100 yards a port I believe for the initial strength. As soon as you click on the mouse to port you, you can start to activate the power again. This can lead to a series of jumps that can take you in any direction, including straight up. You get 'hover time' after the port is complete but it kind of acts like that time is used by all ports in a series. For some reason, if you do not re-port quickly enough you start to fall, and that momentum kind of stays even if you make another port. You basically have to get used to doing it quickly which doesn't take long at all.
"No power in the 'verse can stop me."
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

So how useful is group port? It says that group leaves you and your team disoriented, so does it have a bigger upside than self port?
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Atomic Angel
No Stars!

Post by Atomic Angel »

masteen wrote:So how useful is group port? It says that group leaves you and your team disoriented, so does it have a bigger upside than self port?
I'm pretty sure they removed the disorient from group port.

Not sure how useful it is truthfully. I can individually port a whole team very quickly.

Self Port is amazing, it is the fastest travel power bar none. It eats endurance, but you can always get reducers.

It is true that you fall quickly if you take more than two seconds to port again (sounds like a short time, but it's really easy once you get the hang of it). If I am out of control I just port closer to the ground or near a rooftop. Or I just port higher and higher and let myself fall on my way in, if you are still within the two seconds when you fall you will take no damage as you are considered hovering.

It's a great way to escape too - it's very fast cast, loved it!