CoH Discussion
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Radiation Defender help

Post by Dregor Thule »

Ok, I'm planning on going Defender with Radiation Emission + Radiation Blast power sets. Anyone had any experience with either of these? Trying to read the official forums to find out if any of the skills are ass or what, but it's a pita to read.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Rad / Rad was very popular in Beta! :)

Dont take Irradiate in the secondary line, thats my tip! :)

Too costly on the Endurance, it may be useful if you pump End Reduce enhancements and/or pick Stamina later in the lvls, but i doubt it!

Its an PBAOE DOT that spreads out from you, nice effect, but it cost OMGIAMRETARDEDCAUSEALOTISTWOWORDS of end and didnt do that much damage. It will increase in damage as you lvl tho, but didnt see it to be very efficient on the END.

Didnt get further than Irradiate in Beta!

Rad primary line was popular, many liked Mutation for example!
Atomic Angel
No Stars!

Re: Radiation Defender help

Post by Atomic Angel »

Dregor Thule wrote:Ok, I'm planning on going Defender with Radiation Emission + Radiation Blast power sets. Anyone had any experience with either of these? Trying to read the official forums to find out if any of the skills are ass or what, but it's a pita to read.
I didn't do Rad/Rad (it was incredibly common for a while there), but I did do Force Field/Radiation so I do know a bit about their offensive powers.

Neutrino Bolt is awesome for pulling, one quick shot and quite often it doesn't bring a lot of friends (which is hard to do trust me). Also, it fire so fast it's great, it's the faster firing shot I've used so far. X-Ray also does decent damage and it's pretty quick and who doesn't want green beams shooting from their eyes?

I also go electron haze, it doesn't knock down too often but does a decent amount of damage in a cone range which is cool if you can take the aggro.

My controller had the defensive side of rad. It wasn't bad, the healing was alright, not super strong but that's because it's group.

Accelerate Metabolism is an AWESOME buff though for whatever reason most didn't comment on it. It's a huge damage buff, run speed buff, and power regen.

Because it was my secondary I didn't get high enough for Mutation, but it's actually a really good rez. It gets you back into the fight right away, though after a minute or so the recipient will be disoriented for about 15 - 20 seconds (which beats being reduced to 1 hit which is what it used to be).

I didn't take irradiate, but I did take the defensive version of the spell on my controller. I forget the name but it did a tiny bit of damage and it was a damage reducer debuff as well. There was an exploit in beta because it didn't need line of sight, so you could keep it on and hide and kill things if you felt like waiting.

They've fixed that now so it doesn't do damage anymore, but is a damage debuff and increases the damage they take (I think). This is way better because my "made of paper" controller couldn't handle the aggro from the area effect damage so it makes way more sense now (and can no longer be exploited).

Hope that helps!

Angel.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Dregor is a GREAT Rad/Rad-Defender! :)
Ogbar
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
XBL Gamertag: Greblaja

Post by Ogbar »

The secondary radiation line has some of the coolest sound effects in game - there's one that sounds like it is right out of 'War of the Worlds'! Plus, you get to shoot beems out of your eyes. How cool is that.
Ogbar - a member of the Tiger's Roar retirement community
Deward
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Deward »

I went the rad emission/energy line for my defender. I like the knockback capabilities of the energy blasts.
Deward
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Mutate is great!
Drolgin Steingrinder
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: Drolgin

Post by Drolgin Steingrinder »

i own mutate...