Brute/Stalker Suggestions

CoH Discussion
Avestan
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Brute/Stalker Suggestions

Post by Avestan »

I have never played a melee char in CoH or CoV. Can someone give me some advice?
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

If you want to beat the crap out of everything in melee, (player vs environment, not sure about PvP) create a SS/INV Brute.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Super strength brutes do well in pvp as well. With rage slotted for accuacy buffs (+75% to hit) you are practically guaranteed to hit anything you can do damage to in pve and will have a much higher success connecting in pvp. the only drawback is that for about 10 seconds every two minutes you are unable to attack and your defense crashes pretty low. You also get your extreme damage attack really early (like level 6 or 8) and is one of the best single target attacks in the game. It also has the best AE attack of all the brute sets.

Fire melee does less damage on paper, but fire damage is a fuckload less resistant than smashing. Does mostly fire damage and some smashing. Its also a bit heavier on endurance.

Dark melee has more utility than the other sets and less attacks. Splits damage 50/50 between smashing and negative energy.

Stone melee looks a lot like super strength but doesnt get rage and the attacks cycle a lot slower but do more damage.

Energy melee is a great set too with two extreme damage attacks that cycle decently fast. splits damage about 30/70 between smashing and energy.

I wouldnt really go with any secondary but invulnerability or stone armor. Invulberability gives you the best toggle status protection and a great heal as well as some amazing smash/lethal resists. Stone armor starts off only okay but turns into the best defensive set in the game. I don't know much about dark armor but I think it is better for pvp than pve.
Drolgin Steingrinder
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: Drolgin

Post by Drolgin Steingrinder »

Energy melee is currently *the* set to go with. Combining the disorient with the massive frontloading, it's the best pvp set there is (from everything I've heard from anyone, ever!).
IT'S HARD TO PUT YOUR FINGER ON IT; SOMETHING IS WRONG
I'M LIKE THE UNCLE WHO HUGGED YOU A LITTLE TOO LONG
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

The dark secondary is very nice for the AOE damage aura, which, if you can keep your rage bar full by constantly fighting, does awesome damage. I don't have to worry too much about defense, though, because that toon is only played with a pre-made group of friends, one of which is a healing corrupter.

I'm sure this setup will suck for PvP, as most players aren't stupid enough to stand in the aura, but that's not what I made it for.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt