Favorite builds?

CoH Discussion
Drolgin Steingrinder
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: Drolgin

Favorite builds?

Post by Drolgin Steingrinder »

So far I'm having fun. I don't have as much time to play as I'd like, but I'm enjoying both Interrobang v 2.0 (Robot/Traps Mastermind), General Tomfoolery (carnie Energy/Energy Brute) and Sugar Ray Robotson (Energy Melee / Super Reflexes stalker). I made a corruptor but they seemed to be more designed for groupplay than blasters were in CoH.

What's your favorite builds? not necessarily the one you play the most but what's been fun?

I've got plans to start fooling around with a dominator at one point and if I can find a build I enjoy I might check out the corruptors again.
IT'S HARD TO PUT YOUR FINGER ON IT; SOMETHING IS WRONG
I'M LIKE THE UNCLE WHO HUGGED YOU A LITTLE TOO LONG
Avestan
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Avestan »

Only played mercs/traps mastermind so far, but I am loving it.

Level 14 and I have 3 loyal servants that kick all ass for me.

So much more fun compared to when I played CoH as a controller that could do no damage and had no ability to solo at all.

fun, fun fun.
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

Martial Arts/Ninjitsu Stalker and I'm a one man strike force.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Robots/Traps MM fer sure. Throw some trops, keep the FF generator going, and let the bots tear shit up.

I've started a Fire/Dark brute for gimp night, and let me tell ya, the AOE aura combined with a full rage bar is fucking unfair.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

I gave up my robots/traps MM because there are so many bots MM's around. I made a mercs/dark miasma MM instead that I am furiously levelling. Having a lot more fun with her. Dark is such a great secondary set for a MM and I like the mercenaries more than my old robots. The tier 1's are nearly identical except mercs do lethal instead of energy. Mercs spec ops are miles better than tier 2 robots, and the commando is simply a beast. It's like grouping with an AR blaster with no secondary set. He has every attack an AR blaster has except for ignite, which is crap anyway. He even has LRM rockets from the ancillary pool.

Full auto from my regulars and commando, plus 3 sniper attacks, web grenades, flashbangs, stun gas, M30 grenade, flame throwers. It's pretty nasty.

mercs do a bit more damage overall, but lethal is resisted more.. so they kill regular things a bit faster and lethal resist mobs a bit slower, so right now it's mostly a wash dps-wise.