Respec (Freakshow)

CoH Discussion
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Respec (Freakshow)

Post by miir »

Was kinda bored on monday so I decided to finally get the respec done on my 38 scrapper. She didn't really need it but there were 2 powers I wanted to change.

Anyway, I head over to founders and start asking around for people to get it started. I grab 2 rad defenders (35/36), an Illusion/Rad 'troller (34) and a random blaster because you need 5 to start.

First mission goes fine, perma triple AM and mobs being bombarded with EF/RI. I'm doing insano damage and the rad defenders were letting losse with their AEs (I think the blaster was afk, or running away or doing some gay blaster thing). I think we had one death with a Tank getting in a lucky shot in on the controller.

Second mission, 2 rooms in, the controller draws aggro from his wife and has to log off (doh). We keep plowing through, mobs start getting tougher with some level 40 tank bosses. With no controller, the defenders are starting to draw aggro and i think they both died once.. maybe twice. I think the blaster died once or twice.... regardless, we finish it and head to TV for the last mission.

First little room is fine, 2 tanks and a few LTs and minions. Blaster overaggros, dies. EF anchor (tank smasher) runs out of room, aggros another group, blaster/defender/defender all die. I stick it out and clean up the mess.

I start to realise why I hate blasters, especially energy blasters. How can a level 37 not know that blasting a mob (who happens to be the debuff anchor)over a railing into another pack of mobs is a bad thing? (S)he dies again, taking the defenders out as well.

Blasters should not be pulling lvl 40 Tanks with snipe!
Somehow (s)he blames us for his stupidity and promptly quits the team.

The 2 defenders are having a riot as they both get thier 'Unwavering' badges almost simultaneously. Neither really cares that the blaster left.

This is where it starts to get rough.
1 room, 3 red bosses... pop 2 lucks and rush them.
Unfortunately, I didn't see the 2 purples behind the door and promptly get pancaked.
Round 2 didn't go much better but I managed to take down one purple... who ressed as I was laying face down.
The defenders start to get smart and not ninja drop EF/RIs on bosses.
After a few more deaths... well about 5 each, we get to the last hallway.
They are shooting out the prox bomobs but somehow, eventhough im about 100 yards away from the one they are shooting, I manage to get blown up... *shrug*

Reactor room is uneventful... actually it was rather anti climactic and boring. But overall, that was the most fun I've had in a while playing COH.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Krimson Klaw
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Krimson Klaw »

Energy blasters are always doing that crap. I hate them. If I am on my fire blaster (AE'ing machine) I refuse to group with them. They tend to love scattering perfectly bunched up mobs so my ae abilities are nulled. Oh and I refuse to group with them on my controller too, they make an easy control situation into a nightmare, scattering mobs from one corner of the zone to the other with their l33t knockbacks and the one I truly love, the ae knockback, or as I like to call it, the 'screw the entire team in the @ss' ability.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Everbody hates energy blasters.

I was playing my dark defender on a TF and both me and the tanker bailed because the energy blaster kept knocking mobs out of his burn and throwing my debuff anchor around corners and shit.
The leader refused to boot him from the team so the 2 of us there were carrying the entire TF just left.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

I just want to reiterate that everyone hates energy blasters.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt