Latest word from States'

CoH Discussion
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Latest word from States'

Post by miir »

Gotta love devs who aren't afraid to admit when they fucked up... and fix shit quickly. Such a refreshing change from the crap SOE throws out.
Guys,
There's a couple of bugs that we've fixed - and will fix - that have created a sense that the game is "too" tough.

1. Rikti Great Swords were doing MASSIVE damage. We hotfixed this. This had an effect on anything related to the Rikti (cape missions, Terra Volta trial, etc.).

2. Nemesis minions were mistakenly given stun attacks - leading to the dreaded "chain stun." This change is forthcoming.

3. The Terra Volta trial was still too tough at release; we tuned it down again.

4. We removed the stun ability from the Rikti guns; this was always in before, but I didn't like the precedent of giving minions a lot of stun ability.

5. The mobs in the Hollows were a little too tough near the entrance. It is designed for levels 5 to 15; the first spawn I ran into last night was level 8! So we've changed that. But note: the Hollows are like Perez Park. It's a Hazard Zone - meaning that the spawns are designed for hero groups, rather than solo heroes. So if you're soloing a mission in the Hollows, you'll need to be very, very careful going to your mission door.

Each of these errors added up to the idea that we were toughening up the game. Sorry for that impression, because it wasn't the intent.

Thanks for playing!
tons of stuns isn't necessarily fun! I don't mind lts. & bosses having stuns - it makes them tough. But minions with stuns = chain stunning. And that's not fun.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Thank Jebus! Those Rikti were annihilating us last night. I thought it was just a bit of rust on the old fingers, but there wasn't much I could to when blasters are getting one-hit killed. Even inv tankers were having problems.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

there wasn't much I could to when blasters are getting one-hit killed
Blasters getting 1 shotted makes me happy in the pants.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Letania
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Letania »

4. We removed the stun ability from the Rikti guns; this was always in before, but I didn't like the precedent of giving minions a lot of stun ability.
wow heh
Blasters getting 1 shotted makes me happy in the pants.
seconded

I love the dev communication on the boards.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Well, all blasters are dirty bitches, but they were helping me GLOW!
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt