Logitech g900 mouse

Support, Discussion, Reviews
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Logitech g900 mouse

Post by Winnow »

Wow. Time flies.

Logitech Stuff (G700 Mouse K750 Solar Keyboard)

That post is almost 6 years old and I am still using the k750 solar keyboard and just replaced my G700 Mouse.

My battery hasn't held a charge on my G700 mouse for awhile now and was getting tired of playing FPS games with a wired mouse.

I picked up the G900 Chaos Spectrum mouse

Here's a very good review of it followed by an 85 page thread for all the info you could ever want about it:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1595865/revi ... use-by-ino

It's a true ambidextrous mouse. The side buttons are magnetically attached and you can swap then to either side (or have buttons on both sides if you want)

Key positives:

-best optical tracking engine available
-flawless wireless performance

3 of the 6 members of the championship Overwatch team use this mouse wireless. The point being, it's as good as a wired mouse. If you have a stick up your ass you can still attach the very well made cord to it.

-feel of the mouse is great. The mouse clicks, etc. (can read through the 85 page thread above for various opinions about that but overall view is it's great)

Logitech software still sucks. My PC froze while installing/updating my Logitech gaming software. It worked after clean reboot though.

dpi on this mouse is from 200 to an insane 12,000 dpi. I don't go anywhere past the 2,000s for anything I do and that's with a 4K monitor and three total monitors to move around on. If you are the twitch master and only want to move your mouse a millimeter to zoom across the screen, this mouse can do it though, and accurately.

Another thing I really liked is the surface tuning function. I use my desktop and not a mousepad. Its a nice big hard surface. In the software there are settings for Logitech's cloth and hard mouse pads but also you can add your own surface. It has you move your mouse rapidly all over your surface tracking area while it calibrates. I did notice better performance than the default after doing this.

The mouse works well with finger and claw grips for me. I'm not a palm grip user (and doubt anyone is when FPS gaming) but that would more depend on your hand size.

This mouse also has the freewheel which I use a lot when surfing the net. A simple mouse button toggle switches between clicked wheel movement and freewheel.

It's pricey. 149.00 (116 on Amazon) but after seeing that my previous mouse still works after 6 years, it's worth getting the best one for my needs. Amazing that my wireless solar keyboard is still working great after six years. I'm super heavy PC user so it's stood up to a bazillion key clicks with no maintenance.

I'd recommend this mouse if you're a gamer and don't need one of those MMO mouses with a bunch of buttons. I really do hate having a cord attached to my mice and this mouse is a no compromise wireless solution. Charge time is 32 hours or continuous use (probably good for a week or so) with 2 hour recharge time (can use corded while charges if need to) You can turn off all the light effects for increased performance. I don't need the G on my mouse to glow one of a million colors.

Lets see if it lasts me until 2023!
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Re: Logitech g900 mouse

Post by Boogahz »

I have had a good time with my G700s. I noticed the charge issue last Fall, but it hasn't been an issue since I replaced the battery.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

The K750 solar keyboard was the worst tech item I ever purchased. BY FAR! Piece of crap.

My review from ~6 years ago:
Aslanna wrote:My review: A waste of $47. Do not buy this piece of crap. I have no idea why it doesn't work since I barely used it.

1/10
I stand by that!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:The K750 solar keyboard was the worst tech item I ever purchased. BY FAR! Piece of crap.

My review from ~6 years ago:
Aslanna wrote:My review: A waste of $47. Do not buy this piece of crap. I have no idea why it doesn't work since I barely used it.

1/10
I stand by that!
Must have had a defective one! Opposing argument to that would be me still using it after six years of heavy daily use. The software for it sucks as it's Logitech and they've always had the worst software out of any major tech company. I only used that for a few months before ditching it.

keyboards and mice are highly personal preference type stuff.

The g900 is noteworthy for having flawless wireless and gaming. Those are two things that might interest some on this forum.
Marbus
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Marbus »

I just retired my G700 about the same time and got one of these. I believe now the 903 is out but I've been very happy with my 900!
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

I'm somehow still rocking a G9x....its the second one I got from them due to replacement. This one has been strong though, for 4 years now. It will probably shit the bed now that I've said that.