iPhone 6, 6+

Support, Discussion, Reviews
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

iPhone 6, 6+

Post by Winnow »

Got up at midnight to order the new iPhone.

Apple's site was overwhelmed as we AT&Ts. I got through on AT&T and had and finally received an order number 18 minutes after orders opened. with a 14-21 days delivery date estimate.

I ended up with three pending charges on my credit card and today there's no sign of my order even though I received an order #. Didn't get email confirmation.

I have zero faith that order will get processed so I ordered it again through the Apple Store this morning. 3-4 weeks estimated delivery. Got email a few minutes after ordering. Apple, while absolutely crushed by the number of orders, is still excellent with their processing.

I ordered the 5.5 inch "space grey" 64GB iPhone 6 plus.

Certainly didn't go as I'd hoped. Wanted it day one but I'm not one to wait in lines so had to deal with the mad crush of orders at midnight and it didn't go in my favor this time.

I already knew this, but ordering directly from Apple is what you should always do if possible. The carriers suck.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Re: iPhone 6, 6+

Post by Fairweather Pure »

We're weighing our options right now. We have a 4Gs that work fine and look brand new, so it would be an upgrade for the sake of it. We'll probably wait until we can walk in a store and have one handed to us, so after the New Year no doubt.

I'l get a 5.5, 128GB and my wife will get the 64GB version. With the increased size and capacity, I will likely replace my iPad at work with just my phone instead of my current combo. Although, I do like having the large iPad next to me for media selection too. I'll have to wait and see I guess.

I'm not getting the watch because fuck watches.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Fairweather Pure wrote:We're weighing our options right now. We have a 4Gs that work fine and look brand new, so it would be an upgrade for the sake of it. We'll probably wait until we can walk in a store and have one handed to us, so after the New Year no doubt.

I'm not getting the watch because fuck watches.
Yeah, delivery estimates are already mid November after only one day of pre-orders for the iPhone Plus so next year is what you're looking at unless you camp a store.

Not surprising but the iPhone launch crushed all other iPhone launches in pre sales.

I held a Galaxy Note 3 in my hand to get an idea of how the 5.5 inch phone would feel. I'm good with it. It actually still fits in my shirt pocket. Sticks out of course but it's as light as the iPhone 5 and thinner. I typically use two hands while using my iPhone to surf, text etc so I'm not worried about single hand usability (although double tapping the home button on iPhone 6,6+ brings the top of the screen down so you can access it).

Est Delivery date for me is Oct 13. While I'm pissed AT&T fucked my order over, I understand the mad crush. I wish I hadn't gotten an actual order number though making me think I had a successful order or I would have gotten the phone maybe one week after launch by ordering it sooner directly from Apple. A day and a half later and there's still no sign of my order# on AT&T's website.

I think I'll be happy with a 5.5 inch screen. The actual A8 chip combined with the new "Metal" GPU accelerrated graphics SDK provides some serious power to iOS devices.

Vita, NDS, etc are clearly on their way out.

Here's a super nerdy video showing people poking their iPad screens:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJj9RiNjFag

I'm not a phone/ipad gamer but I'm positive teens, early 20's people are adopting the this format for gaming quickly. Apple stays and the forefront of mobile GPU power and their Metal SDK engine is being praised by the gaming companies.

I'm not taking my iPad with me when I go out or even an iPad mini if I owned one, so the larger the phone screen while still being portable, the better. Seems ~5.5-5.7 inches is the max before it won't fit in your pockets.

Pretty sure the 5.5 inch iPhone will cut into iPad mini sales. Regular sized iPad should be fine. my iPad Air is just plain awesome. Best device of the decade (as each succeeding version of the iPad has been since the first one)
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

You can always "camp out" and hit the store of your choice up friday morning. Stores will have stock...but obviously limited. Then just cancel your orders if you get one. I imagine the apple store is the worst place to try, but a random ass AT&T in a strip mall may come through for you.

That's if you didn't want to wait. I've also noticed that whenever doing that, you get the "we only have the model with the most memory" so they can always sell the super duper Plus sized overpriced even beyond normal comprehension version of the apple product.

They could also always be telling the truth, that most people don't want to pay that much of a premium for day one product...so that's the model that is available. Worked when I got my lady her 5S on release day.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

My wife ordered 6's (normal size) for the both of us.

I have been using a Nokia 1520 with Windows OS for a little while, but Windows just doesn't have the applications I need--and I use very few! Also, the phone is just really too fucking large. Sweet battery life though!

I feel that the 4.7" is a good size after going from a Samsung to the battleship. Sure, the 5.5" 6 Plus is pretty sweet, but I'll be happy going back to a "normal" size phone. Not sure what the shipping time frame is, but I am perfectly content to wait.

I have AT&T and Apple Store within 2 blocks of my work, but I do not like lines. :D
en kærlighed småkager
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I wasn't being the fanboi this time trying to get the new iPhone as early as possible. This time I have a reason as my current iPhone is on it's last legs. The entire screen has become detached from the front of my iPhone 5. I can see inside my iPhone from the sides and from the top of the phone. It's been like that for a month or two and any water, etc that happens to hit my phone if going to toast it with the insides being exposed like that.

That's why I was up at midnight trying to get an early order. I'm fucked over the next month if my phone dies and I'd have to get an Iphone 5s or something. I dropped my phone and it skidded face down on asphalt, sliding along the ground for about 12 feet while spinning rapidly, all on the caseless face of the phone. Amazingly, the screen still looks great but there are big divots taken out of the metal frame so I can't really say it was a faulty phone to get it replaced. Pretty obvious that I dropped it. That happened probably a year ago. The screen detachment is a different issue that started a few months back but one look at my beat up iPhone and I don't think I'd convince the Apple guys of that.

I ordered a rip off 49 case with my 6+ (yay, I get that delivered this Friday even though I won't get the actual phone) from Apple to prevent this from happening again. iPhone 5 was the first iPhone that I didn't use a case with. They handle nice without cases but I guess I learned my lesson. Even though that's the only time I've seriously dropped my cell phone in 10 years, it only takes one accident without a case to screw things up.

I won't be able to hit the Apple stores early on Friday so I really don't have any hope of getting a 6+ and am not in the mood to grab some lame gold colored one or too large or small GB just to get one sooner. I want the Space Grey 64GB (only version with the black face to it)

Really just bummed about the bogus order number AT&T gave me but I should have known better and waited out the mad rush with the Apple store and ordered it there even if it was a week delay instead what turned out to be a month. There's still no sign of the order number I got confirming I had ordered an iPhone from AT&T. It's like it vanished. There must be others that were screwed in the same way. I don't mind overloaded servers, that's totally expected, but if you generate an order number, that should mean it went through. I guess the three pending charges on my CC from AT&T from that day mean nothing either.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Sheep!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Samsung (getting crushed by Apple and wasting billions more a year on ads) is back to their anti Apple Ads. Now they are pumping how they had a 5.5 inch screen years ago and Apple copied them. (they destroy it all by pulling out a lame stylus during the commercial..wut?) Well, now I can finally get one because the best OS is available in a big phone. It says something when I've wanted a larger phone for years but still didn't move to one because Apple is that much better. If not for my eyes going, I'd get the 4.7 iPhone 6. I will miss the extremely easy handling of the 4" iPhones. 4.7 is a happy medium for most.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

The ads are irritating. Especially during politician season. Samsung phones are alright, but would certainly feel flimsy for those used to the metal iphones. I do miss Android, but iOS is an OK enough OS. Do they allow phone number blocking yet? I find that is a pretty fucking awesome feature and both Android and Windows have it built in. Not a show-stopper, but it sure is handy with all the sales calls/phishing/etc these days.

edit...
Apparently, you can block numbers as of iOS7. That is excellent (and about fucking time)!
en kærlighed småkager
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Stephen Fry thinks that the iPhone 6 is the most exquisite mobile ever made.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Still like my HTC One more than any iPhone I've had or seen. Thinking about upgrading to the One M8, but I don't know if there's a new one coming out.

Ditch Apple.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Ditch well-engineered machines.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

My iPhone 6+* arrived early! It's glorious.

Actually it does look nice. All black with no text. Very minimalist. At least it's quality for $49 even though that's way too high a price.

*case
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Which case?

My wife's 6 is being delivered tomorrow, which I find quite surprising. Mine was ordered a day or two later, so I don't anticipate it arriving quite that quickly...
en kærlighed småkager
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Canelek wrote:Which case?

My wife's 6 is being delivered tomorrow, which I find quite surprising. Mine was ordered a day or two later, so I don't anticipate it arriving quite that quickly...

It's the leather one:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MGQX2 ... k?fnode=47

ImageImage
ImageImage

I don't know if image will post, it's directly from apple's site. Leather version is 49 for 6+ and 45 for 6. There are cheaper silicon versions and various colors.

Somewhere there's an article about the iPhone leather cases self healing from small scratches.

Eta for my iPhone 6+ still shows Oct 13-20 on Apple's site. (my At&T order is still nowhere to be found)

Useful size comparison
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

iPhone 6 triggers surge of Samsung trade-ins

Tim Cook prophesied that the iPhone 6 would trigger and avalanche of upgrades, but what he may not have expected was the unfathomable amount of Android users who are trading in their Samsung phones to get a grip on Apple’s large screen beauty.

Samsung phone trade-ins have tripled in the last week alone on Gazelle, reports Bloomberg, and the stream of used Galaxies isn’t expected to slow down anytime soon, as nearly a third of Android users say they’re ready to switch allegiances.

Samsung’s grip on the global smartphone market has been slipping in 2014 thanks to lower than expected sales for the Galaxy S5, and newcomers Xiami and OnePlus offering strong challenges in Asia. Now that Apple’s introducing big and bigger screens on the iPhone 6, the Android giant is facing an absolute nightmare.

Over 25% of all iPhone 6 buyers are new to the Apple ecosystem, says analyst firm RBC. The iPhone 6’s bigger display was cited by 39% of Android users as the number one reason they want to upgrade to the iPhone 6 or 6 Plus, and Gazelle’s CEO Chris Sullivan doesn’t see that trend changing soon.
The one thing Android phones had over iPhone was the larger screen and now, of course, you see another mass exodus of Android users returning to iOS. 39% of Android users were there for a larger screen. Now even that "advantage" is gone.

I don't care what phone people use but there's a reason people use iPhones. They are an excellent product, user friendly, best apps and development SDK for apps, and and high quality hardware.

Samsung's TV ads about big screens backfired. It gave a heads up to big screen android users that they can return to iPhones again.
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

Good, I'll buy someone's tmobile SG4 or 5 on the cheap. I was about to make the step and order a OnePlus One.

edit: I would argue "user friendly" till the cows come home. Android is not any more difficult, nor is windows phone.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Kluden wrote:Good, I'll buy someone's tmobile SG4 or 5 on the cheap. I was about to make the step and order a OnePlus One.

edit: I would argue "user friendly" till the cows come home. Android is not any more difficult, nor is windows phone.
It's not as big of a deal as it used to be, but the app environment is still superior on iOS. For experienced users, any phone will do, but for mom and pop, Apple is still the better choice, especially if you're giving them tech support over the phone.

If you want a 5s, those can be had cheap now and are still great if you prefer the 4" screen for portability.

Apple sold 10 million 6/6+ phones in 3 days. Pretty impressive with only 10 countries available to purchase them so far.

Apple fans are messy:

http://kotaku.com/the-trail-of-iphone-6 ... 1637551731
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

hahah that's such a great picture!

Apple people with their priuses...but they can't be bothered to not litter.

Sadly, GS5's are still well over 350 used. Needs more time to "simmer down". I do need a 5S for my work phone...so may buy one of those at the same time (work forces apple upon me...a-holes...I just wish these phones had a fkn BACK button. I hate having to scroll up to the top to hit the back button, or use some magic finger swish combo, but only if that app is programmed with it...blah blah blah).
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Kluden wrote:hahah that's such a great picture!

Apple people with their priuses...but they can't be bothered to not litter.

Well to be fair, those pics are from Hong Kong and many of those people are most likely evil doer resellers (notice all the old people in the lines who probably could care less about tech)

Not sure if it would be any better state side, haven't seen any pictures!
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Don't keep your iPhone 6 in your pocket!

A second MacRumors forum member, DevinPitcher, claimed that his friend’s iPhone 6 Plus bent after his friend put it in his pocket and got into his car. Both Hanzoh and DevinPitcher provided photos of their iPhone 6 Pluses to back up their claims.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

The iPhone 6 and 6 Plus are both too big for my taste. The size of the iPhone 5s is just right. #Goldilocks
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Spang wrote:The iPhone 6 and 6 Plus are both too big for my taste. The size of the iPhone 5s is just right. #Goldilocks
4" iPhone is a great option. Apple has a big advantage by having a smaller phone. There are definitely benefit trade offs for going bigger. The reason I'm going with the 5.5" 6+ has a lot to do with age and vision. If I was in college and more active, I'd be debating between keeping 4" or the 4.7" screen. The 6+ will be nice though when you're on long trips or any other time you're stationary for awhile. 4" and iPad Air is a nice combo for long trips/vacations, etc.

I have a feeling Apple will keep all three sizes and introduce another 4" model next year. There is almost zero competition at the smaller phone size.
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

They could get away with keeping the 6 and 6+ as is for 24 months. There is no other iOS option, so whatever. But people in the apple cult do trade in every year, so they would cut off that crowd (and the profits).

I could see them stretching those two out though, and just bringing out the iphone 6S, being a revamped 5S at 4". My wife is one of those people, where the 4" iphone is the right size for one hand use for them.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Neato. Delivering 6 tomorrow. I suppose I should walk to apple store to grab a case. My wife has the leather case and it seems pretty nice.

It'll be nice to have actual real functional apps. the Windows Phone experiment is happily ending.
en kærlighed småkager
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Here's a cool grid showing availability of the 6 and 6+ broken down by Apple Store, Carrier, Storage and Color.

Basically there's jack shit available for the entire country for the 5.5 6+ except for some Sprint models, zero AT&T, Verizon and TMobile. Scroll the the right to the the 6+'s.

Seems to be plenty of 4.7 versions though.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Winnow wrote:Here's a cool grid showing availability of the 6 and 6+ broken down by Apple Store, Carrier, Storage and Color.

Basically there's jack shit available for the entire country for the 5.5 6+ except for some Sprint models, zero AT&T, Verizon and TMobile. Scroll the the right to the the 6+'s.

Seems to be plenty of 4.7 versions though.
psst, forgot the link
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Boogahz wrote:
psst, forgot the link

Oops!

http://www.seaturtle.org/idevice/iphone6_grid.shtml

You can also search by zip code:

http://www.seaturtle.org/idevice/

The grid is cool though and easier to see an overall picture of availability in your area.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I spotted a rare in stock iPhone 6+ last night, quickly cancelled my pending order with Oct 13-20 delivery estimate, and bought a 128 GB Silver iPhone 6+ and picked it up earlier today.

The round trip up to north Scottsdale was about 55 miles (Phoenix Metro area is huge)

Besides having no clue what I'm going to do with 128 GB, I'm very happy with the Silver iPhone 6+.

I've only had it a few hours so here are my initial random impressions:

-5.5" is gloriously humongous. the 6+ screen is beautiful.

-I fondled my new phone for an hour or two before putting it in the leather case I had previously purchased. IMO it feels much better/secure when I hold it while it's in its case. Much more grippy on the sides. Apple's leather cases are minimalistic and have a very good fit with all buttons, etc working well.

-Speaker is clear and louder than the iPhone 5. This is probably more important to me than others as I don't like wearing headphones.

-having come from an iPhone 5, I hadn't experienced the touch ID. So glad to not have to type in a code anymore to unlock my phone. touching the sensor quickly unlocks the phone. No lame swiping like on Android phones or codes like on old iPhones.

-No surprise, but worth mentioning that the phone is extremely responsive with the new A8 processor, even with the higher resolution screen.

-no comment on battery life yet except that mine came 100% charged and doesn't seem to be going down very fast. It's at 90% after three hours of playing around on it (some of that was connected to my iMac though)

-Netflix, Zite, Flipboard, and everything else so far, looks awesome on the bigger screen. Most of my primary apps are already updated to iOS8 to take advantage of the larger screen so no "fuzzy" look to them like un-updated apps would appear.

-gave it the shirt pocket test. Besides sticking out of my pocket more than the iPhone 5, it's same weight or lighter than my smaller old phone so I can keep carrying it that way. No plans to stick it in my pants pockets except for when I'm wearing cargo shorts or pants and can place it in those pockets when I'm wearing T-Shirts, etc.

-You have the option of using zoomed icon mode or standard mode right off the bat. Zoomed icons/text is a little bigger. I chose standard for now as even with standard, everything is huge compared to my old 4" screen.

-as usual, the pick up and customer service was first class at the Apple Store. I paid for it last night and there were no receipts, etc involved, just showed my driver's license and a few digital signatures later I was out the door with the new phone, having declined to have them set it up for me. The whole AT&T activation process was invisible to me and smooth. Easy restore and update to iOS 8.02 when I got home.

Think of the iPhone 6 and 6+ like single and dual wield weapons. 6 may be slightly faster with one hand access but the 6+ has more power as long as you use your phone with two hands like I did already even with the smaller screen. The double tap of the home button to bring the top half of the screen down so you can reach it with one hand actually works pretty well but you're still holding a large phone with one hand so it's not quite as easy as a smaller phone. Having now used the bigger screen, I'll happily take the trade off for the larger screen experience. If you are mobile all day long, constantly on the move or have some sort of physical job, then the smaller one is probably best. There's quite a different feel to the larger 6+ when it's in a case. Some reviewer said it almost has to have one which I agree due to the smooth metal not feeling as secure in your hand as it should. Apple's thin leather cases completely protect the protruding camera as well on the back of the 6+.

No dead pixels, scratches, flashlighting, etc that I've noticed. Seems perfect so far.
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

i'll stick w/ motorola
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Impressed with the battery life of the 6+ so far. The above stats are from being charged last in China and shipped. It indicated 100% charge when I opened the box and turned it on. 9.5 hours of active use with 20% of the battery left works for me. I don't have auto-brightness turned on to save more battery. Considering how thin and light the 6+ is for its size, that's pretty damn good.

I haven't tried viewing the screen in sunlight yet but I hear there have been some solid improvements to sunlight viewability.
Bright sunlight is a huge problem with my Samsung Galaxy S3; the display is virtually unreadable unless I shade the device and squint hard. The Retina display for the iPhone 6 models will include a new polarizer in the glass to provide better readability in bright sunlight. Apple said that the display uses higher contrast: "...we developed an advanced process of photo alignment. This involves using UV light to precisely position the display's liquid crystals so they lay exactly where they should. Better-aligned crystals deliver a superior viewing experience, with deeper blacks and sharper text." Wider-angle viewing is another touted feature designed for users who share photos and videos. For those who need a clear, readable, and vivid display, this could be a major shot across Android's bow.
BTW, Flipboard bought Zite awhile back and said it would eventually be going away. I'll be really pissed if/when it does. Flipboard is ass compared to Zite. Hopefully by now they've realized that Zite is better than their "pretty" Flipboard and will keep both apps going.

I'm not much of a photo taker but I took a test picture and it looks good. I tried the 240fps video and that's really cool. Super slo-mo. It was raining here yesterday so I filmed some water dripping off of my roof. The video was very clear and while I wasn't really moving much, stable so hoping the 6+ image stabilization was helping. 240 fps video is pretty cool. I'm sure I'll find a reason to use it once or twice while I own the phone.
The iPhone 6 Plus, the more robust of the new iPhones in our testing, started to deform when we reached 90 pounds of force, and came apart with 110 pounds of force. With those numbers, it slightly outperformed the HTC One (which is largely regarded as a sturdy, solid phone), as well as the smaller iPhone 6, yet underperformed some other smart phones. Throughout most of our test, the LG G3 and Samsung Galaxy Note 3 bent, then recovered completely from each step up in force. But at 130 pounds, the case of the G3 fractured. At 150 pounds of force, the Note 3's screen splintered and it stopped working.
"Bendgate" isn't an issue. As usual, with iPhones being more popular than any other phone, they go through more scrutiny.

To see how extreme is it to bend, watch this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0-3fIs2jQs
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

updated battery time before I charge. So about 12 hours of active use for the 6+ if you run it completely out. That's really good compared to any previous iPhones. Of course it's larger but also hella thin.

Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

battery life on my wife's 6 is horrible, simply horrible
and it's too thin to hold w/out a case. Makes 0 sense to keep trying to make these things so thin, it comes at a cost of structural strength, battery life and comfort.
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

Winnow wrote:
"Bendgate" isn't an issue. As usual, with iPhones being more popular than any other phone, they go through more scrutiny.

of course it's an issue. the frame is pathetically weak above the battery. It is a design flaw, simple as that
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJ3Ds6u ... nTzoqsYeNw
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Chidoro wrote:
Winnow wrote:

of course it's an issue. the frame is pathetically weak above the battery. It is a design flaw, simple as that
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJ3Ds6u ... nTzoqsYeNw
yup, it is all about where the pressure is applied:
http://youtu.be/O9U-NmsgCO8
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Chidoro wrote:battery life on my wife's 6 is horrible, simply horrible
and it's too thin to hold w/out a case. Makes 0 sense to keep trying to make these things so thin, it comes at a cost of structural strength, battery life and comfort.
Should have gotten 6+!

Batter life is better, I guess much better as its 12 hours.

Love my iPhone 6+. Thankfully I'm not retarded and won't bend my phone. Out of several million phones, apple had 9 complaints? The horror! I'm sure Note, HTC, act had bend complaints as well but no one cares about those companies.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

iPhone 6 battery life is far better (so far) than my old iphone 4 and Samsung s3. Texting and interwebs browsing is my usual activity. It has only been a couple days, but I have yet to need a 'mid day charge'. For a "small" phone such as the 6, I find it has excellent battery life. It is certainly not as good as the enormous Nokia 1520, but it is pretty damn good.

Anyone that is having battery issues is either running a fuckton of things at maximum brightness or simply has a defective device.

As far as bending, I can't see that being an issue with the small iphone unless you wear skinnyjeans, Stocktons or a speedo.
en kærlighed småkager
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

Winnow wrote:
Chidoro wrote:battery life on my wife's 6 is horrible, simply horrible
Should have gotten 6+!

Batter life is better, I guess much better as its 12 hours.

Love my iPhone 6+. Thankfully I'm not retarded and won't bend my phone. Out of several million phones, apple had 9 complaints? The horror! I'm sure Note, HTC, act had bend complaints as well but no one cares about those companies.
it's more than 9 complaints, just stop. The note is actually pretty rigid. No idea about htc. you are trying to ignore a design flaw. I'm sorry, but it's there. 6+, the 6 seems to be fine even if it's too damn thin to hold, necessitating a case thereby covering the design.

She doesn't get 6+ while using it. it's ticking her off tbh. the upside is that it charges really fast. once they get the software down, it will at least bring it to acceptable levels. She was using it in the car for about an hour and it lost over 40%. Simply unacceptable.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

The other day I had my HTC One sitting on top of my medicine cabinet in the bathroom, bumped it and it bounced off the vanity below, flew up in the air and landed screen down on the tile floor. Didn't even have a scratch. This isn't the first time I've dropped it, and I don't use a case.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Funkmasterr wrote:The other day I had my HTC One sitting on top of my medicine cabinet in the bathroom, bumped it and it bounced off the vanity below, flew up in the air and landed screen down on the tile floor. Didn't even have a scratch. This isn't the first time I've dropped it, and I don't use a case.
Nice, but the HTC One is still easier to bend than a 6+

Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

She was using it in the car for about an hour and it lost over 40%. Simply unacceptable.
Again, that seems like a defective device.
en kærlighed småkager
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

Canelek wrote:
She was using it in the car for about an hour and it lost over 40%. Simply unacceptable.
Again, that seems like a defective device.
I don't think so. I got her to turn off the wifi, gps, and Bluetooth, so that will help. but it's still a small battery trying to power a larger screen with a lte SoC
Last edited by Chidoro on September 29, 2014, 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

Winnow wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote:The other day I had my HTC One sitting on top of my medicine cabinet in the bathroom, bumped it and it bounced off the vanity below, flew up in the air and landed screen down on the tile floor. Didn't even have a scratch. This isn't the first time I've dropped it, and I don't use a case.
Nice, but the HTC One is still easier to bend than a 6+

not above the battery it isn't. you're clutching to a poorly conceived test to show the 6+'s weak point
Last edited by Chidoro on September 29, 2014, 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

using an older razr maxx hd here that's off contract. Love how solid and well built it is.
and the battery life is a thing of beauty
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Chidoro wrote:
using an older razr maxx hd here that's off contract. Love how solid and well built it is.
You are clearly wrong about the 6 battery. There are few complaints about it and many more people praising the battery life. Either return it of deal with it. You purchased an Apple product. That means you can exchange it with ease.

Your "bend" comments are a joke. They don't bend easily. Congrats for getting suckered in by the usual anti apple crap that happens every launch (after a bazillion phones are sold). Cracks me up how gullible people are. Go ahead and take some nutjob's viral video over Consumer Reports and also Apple revealing the stress tests that that phones went through. Typical overreaction.
[Show]
Scams as usual. Looks pretty scientific compared to Consumer reports. I can see how you were fooled.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Samsung Galaxy Note 4′s “Gapgate” Caused by Major Manufacturing Defect

by Usman on Monday, September 29th, 2014 - 10:29am PDT

While Samsung may be busy mocking the iPhone 6 / 6 Plus ‘bendgate’ controversy, something that has already been proved an overblown issue, the Korean company seems to have even bigger issues with its own flagship phablet, the new Galaxy Note 4. According to a report by BGR, Note 4 buyers in South Korea are reporting a major manufacturing defect in the form of a gap between the phablet’s frame and the display panel, both on the top/bottom and the sides.

Looking at the images posted by Galaxy Note 4 buyers, there seems to be a clear gap where there shouldn’t be as images show business cards inserted in them. The report also says that two pieces of A4 paper fit inside the gaps. Furthermore, the source notes that Samsung is apparently aware of the issue, though it is not yet known how widespread the issue is.
Douchebags purposely bending iPhones vs actual defects. Yep. Business as usual.
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

Winnow wrote:
Chidoro wrote:
You are clearly wrong about the 6 battery. There are few complaints about it and many more people praising the battery life. Either return it of deal with it. You purchased an Apple product. That means you can exchange it with ease.

Your "bend" comments are a joke. They don't bend easily. Congrats for getting suckered in by the usual anti apple crap that happens every launch (after a bazillion phones are sold). Cracks me up how gullible people are. Go ahead and take some nutjob's viral video over Consumer Reports and also Apple revealing the stress tests that that phones went through. Typical overreaction.
[Show]

Scams as usual. Looks pretty scientific compared to Consumer reports. I can see how you were fooled.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaQsXJ5NtnA
There you go shitdick

now go run off and gobble more apple cock you complete and utter fool

And it's my wife's fucking phone. I can guarantee you i'm not wrong about the battery. you are clearly an idiot
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Chidoro wrote:
And it's my wife's fucking phone. I can guarantee you i'm not wrong about the battery. you are clearly an idiot
I don't care it it's God's phone. If it's not a common occurrence, get the fuck over it and exchange it or return it as it's not normal battery behavior for the new iPhones.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

It is highly unlikely a battery is going to go south like that if it is not defective. Winnow may go over the edge with The Apple Defense from time to time, but I have to agree that the whole bendy thing is generally due to people being heavy-handed with electronic device usage. If you really want a bendy-phone, but that bigass LG Curve. Otherwise, take care of your gear or buy a damn case.

Really liking the regular 6 myself--almost as good as Android, but with a much nicer build than my old S3. I can't speak for the HTC, but that seems pretty nice as well.

Oh, and that Amazon phone seems pretty slick as well.
en kærlighed småkager
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

Winnow wrote:
Chidoro wrote:
I don't care it it's God's phone. If it's not a common occurrence, get the fuck over it and exchange it or return it as it's not normal battery behavior for the new iPhones.
It's common enough, since it's the fucking phone. So I don't care if you feel like puffing your chest out over a phone that has sub-par battery life, that's just your bizarre sociopathic behavior. Fact is, with all that stuff turned on, that was the battery life. With the stuff she doesn't need on, it gets the lousy battery life everyone else is claiming the phone has. So until they optimize it, it's subpar. And it's because they wanted to make it too thin to even hold comfortably.
And i'm glad you decided to drop that your savior of scientific phone studies did not calculate the problem of the 6+. And even in that failed report the apple nation was trying to cling to, it still came in 2nd to last.
Last edited by Chidoro on September 30, 2014, 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.