Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Hackulo.us & AppTrackr Gone

Post by Siji »

If you have an IOS device you've jailbroken, you know what these are. Things just got interesting. They posted some b.s. excuse about why they took them down, but in one fell swoop it's made using apps for free a bit more difficult.

My largest concern is the loss of AppSync. My understanding is this is what allows a cracked IPA to be copied to iTunes and then synced to your IOS device. AppSync is/was part of Hackulo.us and while you can get copies on other sites, it's going to be interesting to see if anyone picks up the slack and makes a new one. I'm curious if there's an alternative program for this, or how you would get a cracked IPA to your phone? Perhaps I'm completely misunderstanding the need for this program.

AppTrackr was just plain awesome for being able to find apps. Ultimately it brought some new app purchases from me which I never would have made before actually having tried the apps I ended up buying.

I still haven't found an Android equivalent site to AppTrackr, which may be why I barely use my android tablet.

An unbroken IOS6.. Hackulo.us gone.. AppTrackr gone.. Interesting.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Hackulo.us & AppTrackr Gone

Post by Winnow »

Siji wrote:If you have an IOS device you've jailbroken, you know what these are. Things just got interesting. They posted some b.s. excuse about why they took them down, but in one fell swoop it's made using apps for free a bit more difficult.

My largest concern is the loss of AppSync. My understanding is this is what allows a cracked IPA to be copied to iTunes and then synced to your IOS device. AppSync is/was part of Hackulo.us and while you can get copies on other sites, it's going to be interesting to see if anyone picks up the slack and makes a new one. I'm curious if there's an alternative program for this, or how you would get a cracked IPA to your phone? Perhaps I'm completely misunderstanding the need for this program.

AppTrackr was just plain awesome for being able to find apps. Ultimately it brought some new app purchases from me which I never would have made before actually having tried the apps I ended up buying.

I still haven't found an Android equivalent site to AppTrackr, which may be why I barely use my android tablet.

An unbroken IOS6.. Hackulo.us gone.. AppTrackr gone.. Interesting.
I haven't used my Nexus 7 in a month but I found the Appulous equivalent the second day I had it. I actually just turned on my Nexus to see what it's called: Aptoide (add Aptiode Repos). You can research the rest to figure out how it all works. I think you need Blackmart something or another as well. Don't know. It was really easy and I forgot how to do it the second it was done.

As for iOS stuff. None of my devices are jailbroken anymore. I barely need any app that cost money and if I do, I buy it.

That said, appsync is not part of appulous/hackulo.us./Apptrackr. It's on it's in its own repository that you can access via cydia. Used to have to work to get stuff for free. That's the way I like it. You just need to do some research and find a list of shady repositories to add to cydia, or at least the one that has appsync.

Not that hard.

You can find apps or info on that kind of stuff here:

http://xsellize.com/index.php

Can always go:

http://forum.mobilism.org/index.php

Maybe people will posts iOS apps to the newsgroups again in an orderly fashion.

Some sites are starting to do that. This Audiobook website is fantastic and just posts nzb links the newsgroups to download the books so they don't get wiped out constantly like rapidshare type filesharing does.

http://abook.ws/index.php?action=forum