PC Won't Boot

Support, Discussion, Reviews
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

PC Won't Boot

Post by Sylvus »

So I'm having one that I can't seem to nail down. I powered down my system when I went away for Labor Day, and when I came back, nothing happened when I tried powering back up. Cracked it open and found that if I held the power button on the front of my case in for a while, I'd get the lights on the mobo to come on and the fans to spin for maybe one second (at most) and then nothing.

Took everything apart, attached mobo to another PSU, and now it appears that I can get the fans to stay on and the light to stay on, but only while holding in the power. It doesn't appear to try and POST or anything. Any ideas? Everything is fairly new, don't notice any bulging capacitors or anything, I believe everything should be seated pretty well.
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: PC Won't Boot

Post by Bubba Grizz »

My first thought would be the power supply but lately have had issues with computers (desktops) not being able to turn on because the push button broke on the inside. Maybe there is something wrong with the "linkage" on yours if you have to hold the button in for anything to work.