Demonoid

Support, Discussion, Reviews
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Demonoid

Post by Canelek »

I haven't used this site before. Does anyone have a invitation code they wouldn't mind parting with? Thanks!
en kærlighed småkager
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Demonoid

Post by Winnow »

Canelek wrote:I haven't used this site before. Does anyone have a invitation code they wouldn't mind parting with? Thanks!
You don't need one unless you're going to post something.
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

Canelek wrote:I haven't used this site before. Does anyone have a invitation code they wouldn't mind parting with? Thanks!
If you find you can't download w/o one and need one let me know. Fairly sure you can snag torrents from there these days w/o logging in.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Go here for top torrents in various categories:

http://www.demonoid.me/top_torrents.php

Go here to search:

http://www.demonoid.me/files/

I have an account but never log in.
Ransure
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ransure »

PM sent.
This 2cp has been brought to you by DOKURANGER!
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Danka, Doku!

Oh, and apparently one needs to be logged in to download, Winnow. I tried a couple links as a small test.

Edit: may have been my location (VPN set to France), but I do not think that forum reads region as any sort of validation.
en kærlighed småkager
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Canelek wrote:Danka, Doku!

Oh, and apparently one needs to be logged in to download, Winnow. I tried a couple links as a small test.

Edit: may have been my location (VPN set to France), but I do not think that forum reads region as any sort of validation.

Strange, I haven't been logged in. Unless it's a movie, I usually don't even bother with VPN either.
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

Yeah, I don't log in anymore either since they moved domains (.me), i never bothered logging in again. Searching and downloading works, so why bother.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Woot! Been looking for The Dead for months now. Found BRip on Demonoid. The movie just recently got a distributor and begins theater limited run in Oct. Can't wait to watch tonight!!!!
en kærlighed småkager
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Three key Demonoid domains are now up for sale, less than two weeks after the BitTorrent site was taken down in a coordinated effort.

The Ukraine-based site was taken offline earlier this month when local authorities contacted its Internet service provider, Colocall, and forced it to shut down the service's servers. Demonoid was among the Web sites included in the U.S. "Notorious Markets List," which was created to identify "markets, including those on the Internet, which exemplify the problem of marketplaces dealing in infringing goods and helping sustain global piracy."

Three of its domains -- demonoid.me, demonoid.com, and demonoid.ph. -- are available for purchase on domain marketplace Sedo.

Interpol and the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry said they worked together to take down the site, was ranked in the top 600 Web sites in global traffic and the top 300 in U.S. traffic. However, Colocall said decided to terminate Demonoid's service on its own accord.

"Demonoid was a leading global player in digital music piracy which acted as unfair competition to the more than 500 licensed digital music services that offer great value music to consumers while respecting the rights of artists, songwriters and record companies," Jeremy Banks, director of anti-piracy for the IFPI, said in a statement. "The operation to close Demonoid was a great example of international cooperation to tackle a service that was facilitating the illegal distribution of music on a vast scale."

The action led international hacking group Anonymous to promise to bring down its wrath on the Ukrainian government and use "any means necessary" to restore Demonoid.
oh, and also relevant:
Google has begun a crackdown on internet piracy by relegating websites that often host unlawful copies of films and music, in what is being seen as a victory for the entertainment industry.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Aslanna wrote:
Google has begun a crackdown on internet piracy by relegating websites that often host unlawful copies of films and music, in what is being seen as a victory for the entertainment industry.
https://www.google.com.au/search?q=avengers+torrent hrmmm... fail?

http://www.bing.com/search?q=avengers+torrent similar fail, or is that their new market edge?

http://www.bing.com/search?q=office+2010+torrent even that works... search filters must be hard if MS can't protect their own IP.

I think I downloaded a TV episode off Demonoid once when it was late getting to eztv.
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Zaelath wrote:
Aslanna wrote:

http://www.bing.com/search?q=avengers+torrent similar fail, or is that their new market edge?

http://www.bing.com/search?q=office+2010+torrent even that works... search filters must be hard if MS can't protect their own IP.

I think I downloaded a TV episode off Demonoid once when it was late getting to eztv.
Those are Bing links! Not sure how that's related to Google searches omg!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

http://www.kat.ph

all better now
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Well, they have a PDF of Anal Sex Positions Guide, front and center. Must be closing in on Thanksgiving.
en kærlighed småkager
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Aslanna wrote:
Zaelath wrote:
Aslanna wrote:

Those are Bing links! Not sure how that's related to Google searches omg!
2 are bing links, first is google.
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Newsgroups have gotta a little weak over the past few years due to people being spoiled on megaupload, rapidshare, etc services. With those services getting shut down more often and torrents becoming a little more challenging for common folk, newsgroups will probably see a bit of a resurgence.

There are many more fake postings on the newsgroups these days as well though so that may take out the non savvy users that can't figure out the valid posts.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Got a few files from that site you linked Winnow, seems like a good one. For me, it wouldn't be a matter of whether I could figure out the good files on newsgroups, it's that I don't want to have to make any effort. I want to click on the file and see comments about it from people that have downloaded it, plain and simple. If it takes more than a mindless couple of seconds to find what I'm looking for, I'll only use it as an absolute last resort, which judging by how torrent sites are dropping like flies, might happen.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

many sites like this one

http://www.rlslog.net/

make it easy to find stuff as well
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

http://www.demonoid.ph/
Hello guys!!

After some well deserved vacations, here we are, back online.

The site is now cloud based and there have been many changes to the code. As a result, you might see some weird glitches here and there. We'll do our best to have everything working smoothly as soon as possible so please bear with us.

The guys from the site staff are already back, please take a moment to visit our forums and say hello. As before, the forums are separate from the main site login so you will need to register there separately.

Enjoy your stay, and welcome back :)

- The Demonoid Site Staff
I'm still a bit wary though. Could be a government sting op. Trust nobody!

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Oooh, nice :) kat.ph isn't bad, but I always liked demonoid the most. Hopefully it's back in all its former glory.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Funkmasterr wrote:Oooh, nice :) kat.ph isn't bad, but I always liked demonoid the most. Hopefully it's back in all its former glory.
Old account logins should work along with having all your stats. I haven't connected myself to verify.

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I did, worked! I haven't downloaded anything yet.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

If rooting around for X is something you like doing, cool. For something I'm interested in actually watching - which excludes nearly all TV - I'd rather spend $3-4 and snag a used DVD and rip it for the results/time spent?

*Edit - not trolling, just doesn't seem worth the level of effort for what you're getting?
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aabidano wrote:If rooting around for X is something you like doing, cool. For something I'm interested in actually watching - which excludes nearly all TV - I'd rather spend $3-4 and snag a used DVD and rip it for the results/time spent?

*Edit - not trolling, just doesn't seem worth the level of effort for what you're getting?
It's brain dead easy to find almost anything, including documentaries etc, within seconds on the internet when it comes to multimedia. Torrents are a last resort. Still much faster and easier than buying and ripping a DVD. Much of it is better quality than DVD now as well.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Yeah, I download all the shows/whatever else I want to get usually once a week. I usually queue up a dozen or more things to download, and I've got them downloading within 5 minutes. Within another 5-60 (depending on what I'm downloading), it's done downloading and organized into folders.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

So where is the best (safest, free) place to get movies and software now?
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Bubba Grizz wrote:So where is the best (safest, free) place to get movies and software now?
using a VPN (to change your IP address), id say subscribing to one of the download services like upload.to and going to a site like the one below is the most efficient way to get movies and TV shows

http://www.rlsbb.com/

TV shows posted the same night they air on TV. Links are typically good for about a week. Free download are super slow. 12-15/month gets you faster downloads. You can think of it as 12-15 for access to every TV show and movie released on Bluray/DVD, magazines, Games, etc on zero day release.

Keep in mind, things change, sites may change or fie sharing services may come and go out of favor. Right now, upload.to is the best one.

I've been getting a whopping 80Mbps download speed on a single stream from them and maxed 150 Mbps on multiple file downloads from them. (that can vary depending on your internet service)

http://www.astrill.com is what I use for VPN if you don't want your IP being logged. I've used it for years and buy it in cheap six month subscription chunks. (use it to stream NFL games from Europe as well when I subscribe to NFL gamepass)
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Winnow wrote:using a VPN (to change your IP address), id say subscribing to one of the download services like upload.to and going to a site like the one below is the most efficient way to get movies and TV shows

http://www.astrill.com is what I use for VPN if you don't want your IP being logged. I've used it for years and buy it in cheap six month subscription chunks. (use it to stream NFL games from Europe as well when I subscribe to NFL gamepass)
Keeping in mind should "they" decide to do a sweep those companies and your credit card company will roll on you in a heartbeat to save their necks. Being "safe" from a mass sweep takes more a bit effort.

Individually I suspect using a VPN and getting caught is worse than getting caught not using a VPN too as you've shown you know what you're doing is illegal/prohibited and are actively trying to not get caught.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Aabidano wrote:Keeping in mind should "they" decide to do a sweep those companies and your credit card company will roll on you in a heartbeat to save their necks. Being "safe" takes more a bit effort.
'Supposedly' they don't keep logs. So even if you've subscribed to a VPN service doesn't mean you're a criminal!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aabidano wrote: Keeping in mind should "they" decide to do a sweep those companies and your credit card company will roll on you in a heartbeat to save their necks. Being "safe" from a mass sweep takes more a bit effort.

Individually I suspect using a VPN and getting caught is worse than getting caught not using a VPN too as you've shown you know what you're doing is illegal/prohibited and are actively trying to not get caught.
If you are being investigated in a "serious" crime, they could probably track you through your VPN, but that's not going to happen for a DCMA violation.

That goes for torrents as well.

There are other benefits to VPNs, especially good ones like Asrill. It allows you to stream netflix shows only available on other countries, stream NFL games that you can't get in the U.S., etc as well as play betas of games that require you to be on a certain country. youtube and other streaming/downloads can be greatly affected by your IP/location so being able to switch that on the fly helps with that as well. I pay ~$34/six months for the convenience.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

'Supposedly' they don't keep logs. So even if you've subscribed to a VPN service doesn't mean you're a criminal!
I don't recall the wording but they're supposed to in accordance with their policy or something similar, many used to get around it by having a policy to not keep logs.

Of course the first thing that's going to happen in a lawsuit is they'll be ordered to do so and their only recourse is to turn out the lights or get hit with a contempt charge. And then get slapped with a contempt charge for turning off the lights.

For one of the big VPN or newsgroup providers doing a mass data harvest, evidence for prosecution would be easy to automate. Bet it could pay for itself with only a few hundred wins against people with assets.

Not arguing against VPNs, I use tor all the time. They aren't the shield people think they are unless you go to extraordinary efforts to make them so.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aabidano wrote:
Not arguing against VPNs, I use tor all the time. They aren't the shield people think they are unless you go to extraordinary efforts to make them so.
No one thinks they are some sort of super protection. They are much better than using a naked IP.

As for your precious Tor, that was compromised by Heartbleed so all that fancy protection wasn't any better than a VPN.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Winnow wrote:As for your precious Tor, that was compromised by Heartbleed so all that fancy protection wasn't any better than a VPN.
You're really talking proxy services, not VPNs as-such. But for this context, Tor is a VPN? I can't think of any other description for it.

Anyone using TLS from OpenSSL is vulnerable, which would include pretty much every not-IPSec proxy or VPN service out there.

Speaking of it, heartbleed is ugly mostly on a gross basis, not so much on an individual basis.