Logitech Stuff (G700 Mouse K750 Solar Keyboard)

Support, Discussion, Reviews
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Logitech Stuff (G700 Mouse K750 Solar Keyboard)

Post by Winnow »

Logitech has been kicking ass lately with their PC devices.

I've had my Logitech G700 mouse for many months now. I can't remember if I posted about it or not.

If not, get it!

It's a wireless gaming mouse with up to 5200 dpi. Logitech owned everyone for years with their wireless gaming mouse 2000 dpi G7. I posted my ass off about that awesome mouse.

G700 is specifically designed for gaming. It has 7 buttons. 4 on the side and three on top:

They key to this mouse is the thought put into the ergonomics. There's no guessing where the 7 buttons are. The contour of the buttons makes it easy to feel them. The side four buttons are in perfect position not to intrude with normal use of your mouse yet just slight pressure up or down on with your thumb placed between the upper and lower set, sets off the button. The top three buttons are also curved, making it easy to feel where your finger is in relation to them.

It's mouse feet rival the legendary G7's. A++ Smooooooth.

The feel if it is rough plastic instead of glossy. I'm ok with either finish. Rough at least gives the feeling of a more secure grip.

Dude needs to cut his fingernails.

Note: it has little receiver but it IS NOT a unifying receiver that works with other Logitech stuff. Due to the very high dpi/polling, this uses a dedicated usb thingy.

Scroll wheel, like most logitech mice, is either free scroll or clicky.

Mouse button settings are kept in the mouse (up to 4 sets) and you can have as many profiles as you want saved with the setpoint software.

Setting macros up for the buttons is a snap. Excellent macro builder.

As mentioned, this thing goes up to a crazy 5200 dpi. It also has three separate polling settings for casual and intense gaming. If you max everything out, your battery will die faster. I've obsessed over dpi in the past on this board and I only set mine to about 2200 dpi. Plenty of room to speed things up. You can have 5 separate dpi speeds set in the mouse. For normal PC use, I have three settings. For gaming profiles, I set it to one dpi setting (mostly due to the dpi buttons being set to other functions in games)

The mouse will last an entire day with heavy use. You'll want to plug it in at night. It functions perfectly well as a wired mouse and is designed to charge while plugged in so in an emergency or if you forgot to charge, you're not out of luck.

The mouse is bad-ass.

Pros
-kick ass dpi/accuracy for wireless mouse (or any mouse)
-extremely well thought out gaming buttons
-feels great (like the MX mice but with slightly less pronounced curves which is a good thing for gaming.
-latest setpoint software works great, unlike the past crapware.

Cons:

If you're a heavy user, you'll want to plug it in at night when you leave your PC.

If the pictures red-x, go here:

http://www.imbuh.com/logitech-wireless- ... ouse-g700/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Out of the blue, I ran across the Logitech K750 Solar Keyboard

I'm a big fan of the Apple metal keyboard and had no reason to really upgrade but something about limitless solar power caught my attention.

Key things I want in a keyboard:

-small. I don't want a shitload of extra buttons. (but I do want the number pad and pageup/page down, and isolated arrow keys where they should be)
-spaced out function keys (groups of 4) makes it easy to feel for them in games without looking. (Apple keyboard doesn't have this)
-quiet
-nice key feedback...not mushy but not hard clicky.

This thing has almost 100% 5 star reviews.

Every review I read started, "I was skeptical but after using...."

Solar power and responsiveness is not an issue...at all. In fact, most people never see the battery power drop below 100%

My Three LCD monitors alone are light enough to power the keyboard.

Size:

It's slightly thinner than the Apple keyboard with the solar panels on top being the difference in height. (these aren't my pictures)

Kinda nice to have an "off" switch" not critical but no need to lose power when it's not in use.

There's an indicator button to push to see if your keyboard is getting enough light. The button will also launch the solar app monitor:

Pretty cool app that monitors lux (amount of light hitting the solar cells)

The keyboard is really thin. Just compare it to the Apple which is already hella thin. There are two little stand thingies you can pull out to give yourself an 8% angle for typing which I prefer.

The keys have a slight depression in them making the feel a little more distinct between keys as well.

Packing is is excellent and minimal. There are no paper instructions and no install disk. The inside of the cardboard container box has the instructions which are all visual.

This keyboard is definitely worth a look when you're in the market for one again.

If pics red-x go here:

http://the-gadgeteer.com/2010/12/09/log ... 50-review/

Pros:

On sale for 59.00 at Best Buy

-Zero maintenance
-Solar powered, no battery replacement or charging necessary, typically 100% charged always.
-nice feel to the keys. In between laptop and full keyboard. Not mushy or clicky, give good feedback.
-clean design, no extra button crap.
-very good software if you wish to change function keys and launch solar app...or you don't have to install a damn thing. Your choice.

G700 Gaming Mouse and the K750 Solar Keyboard. Two excellent products from Logitech.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Re: Logitech Stuff (G700 Mouse K750 Solar Keyboard)

Post by Boogahz »

I've been tempted by that keyboard on several occasions. It has always come down to the lack of natural lighting near my desk.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Boogahz wrote:I've been tempted by that keyboard on several occasions. It has always come down to the lack of natural lighting near my desk.
Then get it. It doesn't have to be natural lighting. I mentioned above, my three LCD screens are enough to power it. It has a battery which fully charged, lasts a long time so your power isn't based on always having light. Solar charges the battery. You could always just sit it under a light when not using it although there hasn't been one review saying anything remotely close to having power issues.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Yeah, I caught the comment about the light from your monitors. I hadn't noticed it going on sale. I think I have a reward zone certificate or two that might need to be spent.... :P
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

That keyboard is pretty nice.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Extra keys suck. I mothballed the G15 awhile ago and don't miss it at all. Especially since I had to have a PS2 keyboard attached anyway if I wanted to get into my BIOS. I prefer the basic 104/105 keyboards although I like some click.
Winnow wrote:
Boogahz wrote:I've been tempted by that keyboard on several occasions. It has always come down to the lack of natural lighting near my desk.
Then get it. It doesn't have to be natural lighting. I mentioned above, my three LCD screens are enough to power it.
So if you have the equivalent of a small sun sitting on you're desk you'll be ok!

I'm still waiting for Logitech to make a decent replacement for the MX1000. I will be sad when mine finally stops working.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Two weeks later update:

The solar powered keyboard has never gone below 100% Battery. I leave it turned on all the time. (there's an on/off switch)

I have less than optimal conditions in my living room for solar power yet it still charges fine.

There's zero delay, either with keystrokes or with start up from windows sleep, etc.

So far it's 100% win.

Finger one up at a Best Buy. If you like the feel of the keys, it should be your next keyboard.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

I hear great things about that keyboard, and it is ~$65 @ amazon.com. If I was needing a keyboard, I'd give that one a try for sure.
en kærlighed småkager
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Winnow wrote:Two weeks later update:
The solar powered keyboard has never gone below 100% Battery. I leave it turned on all the time. (there's an on/off switch)
I have less than optimal conditions in my living room for solar power yet it still charges fine.
There's zero delay, either with keystrokes or with start up from windows sleep, etc.
So far it's 100% win.
Finger one up at a Best Buy. If you like the feel of the keys, it should be your next keyboard.
Have you used it for any FPS or MMO games that see you frequently pressing multi-key combos? Just wondering how it does when moving and using alt-key combos in WoW, for example.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

masteen wrote:Have you used it for any FPS or MMO games that see you frequently pressing multi-key combos?
Maximum 6 simultaneous keystrokes.

Probably not the best keyboard for facerollers.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

I was more thinking about movement phases in boss fights where you'll be holding down 1-2 move keys (W+Q/E for me) and tapping instants that aren't on CD to keep DPS as high as possible. So it should be fine for that.

Then again, I did just buy a nostromo, so kb might be getting relegated to text convo only.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

masteen wrote: Have you used it for any FPS or MMO games that see you frequently pressing multi-key combos? Just wondering how it does when moving and using alt-key combos in WoW, for example.
I've been using it for Aion which has similar multi key combos with no issues.
pyrella
>()))>

Post by pyrella »

This is on sale at amazon for 47 bucks - grabbing myself one!
Pyrella - Illusionist - Leader of Ixtlan on Antonia Bayle

if you were walking around and you came upon a tulip with tits, would you let it be for the rest of the world to enjoy.. or would you pick it and carry it off to a secluded area to motorboat them?
-Cadalano
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

pyrella wrote:This is on sale at amazon for 47 bucks - grabbing myself one!

I did as well!
en kærlighed småkager
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I'm still undecided. It would be nice if they would combine the solar with the backlight one!

--
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Well I was hoping for a blowjob as well, but I didn't have enough gift cards. :(
en kærlighed småkager
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Alright.. I ordered one too. I don't know why! I wasn't too convinced by it sounding like a laptop keyboard. But it seemed like a good deal!

--
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Haha! This wasn't really a need for me either, but pretty hard to pass up a deal like that!
en kærlighed småkager
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I returned this keyboard three weeks ago. Half the keys fell off and the battery dropped to zero power and wouldn't charge.

jk, this keyboard rocks! I'm loving it. Hassle free wireless. Haven't had a single issue with it so far. The keyboard feels good. Maybe call it a tweener keyboard, in between a laptop and desktop keyboard. Good stuff.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I probably should have tested it out in Best Buy or something but BB sucks. The only thing that I'm not sure I'll like (other than the feel) are the F keys. They seem smaller than standard and the spacing isn't quite right at least compared to what I am used to.

Also, how does cleaning work? With typical keyboards they don't stay the cleanest with stuff falling between them but you can pop of the key caps and such. Is there enough gappage (new word!) on these where that could happen and be an issue? Doesn't appear so from the pictures but who can say!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote: Also, how does cleaning work? With typical keyboards they don't stay the cleanest with stuff falling between them but you can pop of the key caps and such. Is there enough gappage (new word!) on these where that could happen and be an issue? Doesn't appear so from the pictures but who can say!
It does have the glossy finish (not the keys but the rest of the top of the keyboard so it can get fingerprints. I've only cleaned it once, I wiped a few dust particles off the solar panels for maximum efficiency!

I haven't noticed any issues with it getting dirty. I don't know if you can pop off the keys. I guess it depends on how sticky your fingers are and if you eat foods that splatter while near your PC! Seems similar in maintenance requirements to the Apple keyboard which was very easy to keep clean.
pyrella
>()))>

Post by pyrella »

Just got it in - setup took about 3 seconds - plug in doohickey, start typing. Got the app, and apparently the ambient light at my desk (no windows in this room, just fluorescent lights and lcd monitors) is more than sufficient to keep it happy. There is some weird streak on the inside of the glass over one of the solar panels, but is only noticeable at a certain, awkward, angle, and doesn't appear to be affecting performance.

Typing is nice, response is near instant - it's a keyboard, and it does what it's supposed to well ;P

Aslanna - there's plenty of room for shit to get under these keys - keep your cracker consumption to a minimum!
Pyrella - Illusionist - Leader of Ixtlan on Antonia Bayle

if you were walking around and you came upon a tulip with tits, would you let it be for the rest of the world to enjoy.. or would you pick it and carry it off to a secluded area to motorboat them?
-Cadalano
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

pyrella wrote:Aslanna - there's plenty of room for shit to get under these keys - keep your cracker consumption to a minimum!
Oh no! Mine is scheduled for delivery tomorrow so guess I will find out then.

--
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

I got mine yesterday as well (yay Amazon Prime!!). Like Py said, it took about 3 seconds to set up...maybe 5 seconds including lumen guage.

The keyboard does indeed feel small, since I am not used to it. I do like it much better than any notebook keyboard due to not having an annoying touchpad or other obtrusion in the way. The keyboard IS small though, in both width and height. If it didn't have a 10-key, it would seem silly-small. Compared to a full sized keyboard, however, it really isn't THAT much smaller. It is just taking a little time to get used to where the keys are...muscle memory has me hitting function keys if I do not pay attention when using backspace or a number.

As I type this, it seems more natural, and I LOVE the key response as Winnow stated in his review. I can totally see this being my favorite keyboard ever once I "re-train" my fingers.

It's a sleek, no-nonsense keyboard. I'm guessing that it will work with PS3--oh how I hate to not have a keyboard when typing in passwords for Netflix, etc.

If not, it was less than 50 bucks. Logitech knows their shit!
en kærlighed småkager
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Canelek wrote:I got mine yesterday as well (yay Amazon Prime!!)
I'm cheap so I go with the 3-5 day free shipping and I don't order a crazy amount from them so Prime doesn't really make sense for me. The only good thing about living in Indiana is that Amazon usually ships out of Lexington so I get it within a day or two anyway since that's only a few hours down the road. Same for Dell who usually sends from someone near Chicago. I don't remember where Newegg stuff usually comes from. Regardless.. Most things arrive in a reasonable amount of time so I put shipping costs towards more wine purchases!

However all that might be off topic...

--
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Ain't nothin wrong with putting extra cash towards wine!
en kærlighed småkager
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Connected the doohickey to USB on the front of my computer and... Nothing. I don't feel like putting it into one of the back USBs at this time... Sounds like a tomorrow project.

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Yeah.. I think for my everyday keyboard I'll stick with what I already have. The feel of the keys I could probably get used to but I really dislike the spacing of the top number row and the F keys.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:Yeah.. I think for my everyday keyboard I'll stick with what I already have. The feel of the keys I could probably get used to but I really dislike the spacing of the top number row and the F keys.
I like that. From back in my EQ days, it made it easy to feel without looking which skill/spells I was casting with the Function keys groups 1-4 ,5-8, 9-12, I consider that a positive feature of this keyboard.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I don't.. They are too close. I always end up hitting an F key when using the number row. Which is very annoying. Personal preference!

( To be clear I don't mind the spacing of the F keys amongst themselves in the same row. It's between them and the row below I don't care for.)

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Ah, while it doesn't bother me, well I could see that potentially being annoying.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

And also the light app thingie gives me a frowny face when using it at night. Only get about 45 lux with my monitors.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:And also the light app thingie gives me a frowny face when using it at night. Only get about 45 lux with my monitors.
It doesn't have to be happy all the time! As long as it's happy during the day.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

My old G7 is finally giving up the ghost (left button getting loose, have to click it HARD to get a clean single), so I ordered one of these newfangled g700s.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Logitech software is garbage and their support is non-existant. Do not buy this mouse unless you don't plan on actually doing anything with it other than pointing and clicking. All the awesome functionality winnow is gushing about requires the setpoint software to actually recognize the hardware it was designed to.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I went back to my old keyboard and set the K750 aside. I doubt I could get comfortable with it as my main keyboard. Ah well at least it only set me back $47. I wont cry about it too much.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Setpoint is crap. No argument there. I've had no issues with my mouse and keyboard though except for some weird remote desktop issue that crashes the mouse driver.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Did you have to do anything to get setpoint to recognize that you have a G700?
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

As you mentioned, Setpoint is complete crap. There's actually a setpoint I and setpoint II executables that load up. Setpoint I is completely unnecessary but because Logitech is retarded, you have to load them both to use the G700 until they come out with the next version of setpoint.

There's some sort of major issue with removing your previous versions of setpoint before installing the latest version. Once you get it figured out, things will work fine. I really really hate setpoint. Logitech driver developers are morons and have been for years. It's amazing that great hardware has such crappy drivers.
Sadly, Logitech's "gaming" mice won't be recognised by SetPoint itself - you have to run SetPointII (it should be accessible in your Start Menu under Logitech/Device Settings - you can also run devicesettings.exe from the Program Files\Logitech\SetPointG folder if you can't find the Start Menu entry).

This version of SetPoint is very different from the normal one (both uglier and less functional in my view) so I'm arranging to return my G700 because of it.

As for the serial/part numbers, they are inside the battery compartment - you'll need to open it and remove the battery to be able to view them. Only the truly cynical would suggest that this is an ingenious method to reduce support queries...
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Yeah, that didn't help. It still won't recognize it. Fuck Logitech, I'm sending it back.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I tried to use this after two months of not using it.. Now it doesn't seem to work. It's set in the on position but none of the keys respond and hitting the light check gets me nothing. wtf!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Use it or lose it! Maybe need to wait for it to charge a little or something.

Mine's working great. Always has. (same with the awesome G700 mouse!)
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

It's been three hours now still no worky!

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

My review: A waste of $47. Do not buy this piece of crap. I have no idea why it doesn't work since I barely used it.

1/10

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Don't know why it doesn't work for you. It's been flawless for me. General reviews are very positive as well so you must have a defective one or using a non powered USB port or something.

Maybe check to make sure internal batter is seated properly:

http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/app ... 5/cl/us,en
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Product Updates:

My K750 Solar Keyboard I purchased in this thread is still going strong and is awesome. Wireless hassle free great keyboard.

My G700 Wirelss Gaming mouse finally isn't optimal because I used the hell out of it. I eventually wore down the foot pads and it has the dreaded doubleclick issues old logitech mice ALWAYs get...at least the last 4 I've had.

big feet!

I ordered and received a Logitech G602 wireless gaming mouse yesterday.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless ... B00E4MQODC

Good mouse feet make a huge difference. Remember the tiny mouse feet old mice had you want large mouse feet these days. The big deal with this mouse is it's 150 hours battery life (active use, not standby) or some ridiculous 1000+hours of use in non performance mode. Takes 2xAA batteries easily switched and of course, you should be using eneloop rechargeable batteries in everything by now.

Logitech has new mouse/gaming software that is finally decent and bug free. Logitech for years has had the crappiest drivers and support software so this is a nice change.

max dpi is 2500 which is fine for 1920x1080. If you have a higher res than 1920x1200, it might become an issue for fast paced FPS games. I used 2000dpi on my G700 even though it went to 5400.

It's buttery smooth. Now that Logitech finally fixed their software, it's an all around great choice for a mouse if you're like me and hate anything wired but want good gaming performance. Great wireless performance combined with not needing to touch it for months before swapping batteries in 10 seconds = win.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Winnow wrote:Product Updates:

My K750 Solar Keyboard I purchased in this thread is still going strong and is awesome. Wireless hassle free great keyboard.
Wow, it's been 7 years now and I'm still using the K750 solar keyboard. What a great product.

Heya Marbus.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I threw that thing away. What a terrible product.

Still a waste of $47!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:I threw that thing away. What a terrible product.

Still a waste of $47!
I would have bought it off you as a backup for a full bitcoin back then which would be worth $9-10K today!