Apple - New Phone and Tablet

Support, Discussion, Reviews
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Apple - New Phone and Tablet

Post by Winnow »

Zaelath wrote:OMG, they paid a 0.5% dividend, the second in their history, could I be more wrong?
You were wrong.

Everyone wants free money. AAPL went from like 50/share to 700/share in a few years. That's not enough for you? What kind of return were you getting during that time elsewhere?

Only a fool would hang onto a stock forever. Pick your spots. Buy NFLX after it drops and I make some money off my short. (which I currently am losing on pre-market!) It doubled in a couple months.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

Zaelath wrote:I wanna know who was buying a $700 share on the way down when they don't pay dividends...
Winnow wrote: You were wrong.

Everyone wants free money. AAPL went from like 50/share to 700/share in a few years. That's not enough for you? What kind of return were you getting during that time elsewhere?
I believe he was talking about buying AAPL at $700, not at $50. How does picking it up at $700 look today, even with a couple generous dividends?
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Sylvus wrote:
I believe he was talking about buying AAPL at $700, not at $50. How does picking it up at $700 look today, even with a couple generous dividends?

Not good. There's no logic in the price of stocks right now, at least when P/E is considered.

BTW, Netflix is up again, currently 166.00/share as I speak.(worst short ever!) it was under 100 two days ago. 20X the P/E of AAPL.

Short term investments seem to be the way to go if you actively follow the market, otherwise you need to pick some mega potential growth stocks because even record revenues for AAPL causes a drop in stock price.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

128GB iPad Maxi, coming Feb 5th. Starts at 799$.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/1/29/39280 ... na-display
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Winnow wrote:Not good. There's no logic in the price of stocks right now, at least when P/E is considered.
Assuming logic in the markets is a dubious proposition at best.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Animalor wrote:128GB iPad Maxi, coming Feb 5th. Starts at 799$.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/1/29/39280 ... na-display
Maxi? Seriously?
May 2003 - "Mission Accomplished"
June 2005 - "The mission isn't easy, and it will not be accomplished overnight"
-- G W Bush, freelance writer for The Daily Show.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

There's so many of them now that just calling it iPad may lead to confusion. You knew that I didn't mean the mini when I typed that in.
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Yeah, but I still thought it was funny after the initial reaction to the name when they came out.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

iPhone 6 to have 5G WiFi chip?

News that Samsung's Galaxy S4 smarthphone (expected to launch this month) may support 802.11ac, also known as '5G WiFi', has lead to speculation that Apple's next iPhone could support standard as well.

Evercore Partners analyst Patrick Wang has said that new connectivity chips from Broadcom (BRCM) are expected to be used in the Samsung's Galaxy S4, and that Apple is also believed to be in talks with Broadcom about new chips for its iPhone 6, as well as the rumoured low-cost iPhone.

Broadcom unveiled its 5G WiFi chips last year, which use a standard known as IEEE 802.11ac. The company boasts that "5G WiFi is the next generation WiFi standard required for today's mobile and video era and is three times faster and six times more power efficient than previous generation 802.11an devices."

This week, Wang wrote: "We conducted a series of check that indicate BRCM's combo chip (likely 4335, with 5G WiFi, BT, FM) remains designed into Samsung's forthcoming Galaxy S4."

Given BRCM's current technology lead and software stickiness, it makes sense that Samsung would seek a best in class solution."

iPhone 6 WiFi

The analyst said that he believes Apple may only use Broadcom's 43342 combo chip, which works on 802.11a/b/g/n,BT,FM networks in its iPhone 6, alternatively dubbed iPhone 5S, with a ramp starting mid-2013.

A low-cost iPhone that also uses Broadcom chips could be launched in quarter three of this year, said Wang.

It seems unlikely that Apple wouldn't role out 5G WiFi, sometimes called Gig-WiFi in the next generation iPhone. We think that it's highly likely that Apple will opt to include a 5G WiFi capable chip in its next iPhone if its biggest rival Samsung is planning to do so.

However, to save costs for the rumoured cheaper iPhone, it's possible that Apple will choose to stick to a fourth-generation WiFi chip for that device.

It's worth noting that the chips, while referred to as 5G WiFi, do not correlate with 3G and 4G cellphone networks. This 802.11ac standard is the successor to 802.11n.

In January, we reported that Apple's new Macs, Apple TV, Time Capsule and Airport devices could soon support 802.11ac networking.

The 802.11ac standard is still in draft, with its final approval by the IEEE not likely to come until later in 2013. That doesn't mean that Apple will wait until the standard is approved, however. Apple has shipped products using draft versions of wireless standards in the past.

The draft status also hasn't stopped other companies from using it. In June 2012 an Asus laptop became the first to incorporate the standard, although 802.11ac is yet to make its way into mainstream notebooks.

Broadcom is one of only a small number of chipmakers currently providing these 802.11ac chipsets.

Apple's next-generation iPhone is also rumoured to have a fingerprint sensor, multiple colour options, 128GB of storage, an improved display, NFC and an updated processor.
Having an AC capable router now, I have some interest in this. I'd like to see the standard adopted fast. Samsung and Apple adding it to their phones would be nice. Apple slacks on a lot of things, but they've been pretty speedy on WiFi standards on the iPhone.

There have been multiple rumors that Apple will finally split their phone into a 4" and 5" model. I really like my iPhone 5 (even the size/weight of it) but Samsung is now legitimate competition and I'll be looking hard at the next releases from the two companies. I want to see some major updates from iOS this round. I'd also like to see a decent build quality from Samsung to match Apple's standards.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

So I was running (more like jogging) when my case-less iPhone slipped out of my hand and fell on the road, spinning and skidding across about 12 feet, face down on the road. It's not something anyone really wants to do with a phone for fun but I picked it up and even after that, the glass had no scratches or cracks. If an iPhone can handle basically being thrown from waste high onto a street face down on it's display and come up without a scratch, it passes the durability test for me. There are some nicks on the metal on the sides but I don't care about that.

This pretty much solves the question as to whether I want to get cases for my phone ever again. I'll pass. I like how small and light the iPhone is and it certainly is well built. Also, if you drop your iPhone, hope it lands on it's face as the back would probably pick up scratches.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

I've seen one fall less than 2 feet and shatter. What's your point?
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Boogahz wrote:I've seen one fall less than 2 feet and shatter. What's your point?
Cool story bro. See post above yours for a better one.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

The iPhone could save your life!

Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Apple accelerated losses, tumbling to its lowest level in over a year, as investors continued to dump shares of the tech company amid worries over second-quarter iPad mini shipments.

The once-darling tech giant of Wall Street shed nearly 6 percent Wednesday, breaking below $400 a share for the first time since December 2011, following a report from DigiTimes that iPad mini shipments could fall 20 to 30 percent quarter-over-quarter to 10 to 12 million in the June quarter due to "lacking demand in the market."
Oh no! Poor Apple. Below $400!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

It's not from a lack of people liking Apple, it's that they can't pump out enough product. I'd be concerned if they were being ditched for selling crappy products. 400 seems like a good top for APPL. Overall though, APPL's due to become another MSFT with a stagnating share price.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:It's not from a lack of people liking Apple, it's that they can't pump out enough product. I'd be concerned if they were being ditched for selling crappy products. 400 seems like a good top for APPL. Overall though, APPL's due to become another MSFT with a stagnating share price.
I'm not sure how "lacking demand in the market" equates to them not being able to make enough product. Please enlighten the class!
Apple shares have vastly underperformed the broader market amid revenue concerns, plunging almost 25 percent year-to-date against the S&P 500's 9 percent rally. Apple shares have dropped a staggering 40 percent and wiped out more than $250 billion in market cap since hitting an all-time high of $705 a share back in September when the iPhone 5 went on sale.

--
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

It's called saturation, but shhhh, Winnow doesn't understand economics.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I won't defend AAPL stock.

As for saturation, Android is getting killed by it while Apple continues at a higher growth rate. See several posts above for included charts!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

55 percent of Verizon’s first-quarter smartphone sales (4M of 7.2M total) were iPhones
Nexus 10 is no iPad-killer, says strategy analyst

Strategy analyst Benedict Evans (via Daring Fireball) has done some admittedly rough-and-ready number-crunching on Nexus sales based on Google development data to come up with a figure of just 680,000 Nexus 10 tablets in use.

Given that Apple sold 36.9m iPads sold in the second half of 2012 alone, we’re guessing they’re not too concerned about the competition. Even the Microsoft Surface tablet is believed to have beaten the Nexus 10 numbers, with a rumored 1.5m sales.
I'd say they're doing alright.

You can't predict stock price. Apple's P/E is extremely low. If it had the P/E of Netflix AAPL share price would be like 10,000/share.

Around 400/share is a reasonable price for AAPL so if it drops to like 350 or lower, it would be worth considering buying some as when the next round of iphone/mini/pads are released, the stock will go up for a decent gain.
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Winnow wrote: Around 400/share is a reasonable price for AAPL so if it drops to like 350 or lower, it would be worth considering buying some as when the next round of iphone/mini/pads are released, the stock will go up for a decent gain.
So do you have a big buy order for $350 in place? Personally I think it will tank further based on "lower than expected, yet still strong, sales" the next round. Not everyone that has an iPhone buys a new one every cycle, and iPads are way too good at being iPads to replace because there's a new one.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Zaelath wrote:
Winnow wrote: Around 400/share is a reasonable price for AAPL so if it drops to like 350 or lower, it would be worth considering buying some as when the next round of iphone/mini/pads are released, the stock will go up for a decent gain.
So do you have a big buy order for $350 in place? Personally I think it will tank further based on "lower than expected, yet still strong, sales" the next round. Not everyone that has an iPhone buys a new one every cycle, and iPads are way too good at being iPads to replace because there's a new one.

Pending the entire market collapsing (pretty much assured with Obama in office) or a serious conflict in Korea, I'll make you a bet that Apple is above 400 a year from now. Apple is an incredibly safe play. People are not going to stop buying Apple products. Sales are strong and it's been awhile since a new product release. You'll have the new iPhone, Mini, iPad out over the next 4-5 months. Apple's P/E isn't retarded high like most of the tech stocks.

I wouldn't want to speculate short term. In general the market is due to head south after this latest big bull run. I'll buy 1 token share for the purpose of this bet if it hits 350 and keep it for a year. Set 375 as the break even. Anything below that I'll pay you the difference. Above that and you pay me the difference. (or figure something else out for the bet)
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:Pending the entire market collapsing (pretty much assured with Obama in office)
Well.. Considering he's been in office since what.. Early 2009? And the markets are at an all time high? Yeah that's pretty much "assured".

--
Dakanaf
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Dakanaf »

See the thing about Obama is that he's a lot like Jesus, he gets a lot of credit for stuff he didn't do based around a mythology.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Just to be clear my point isn't that the markets are at an all time high due to Obama. I just think it's ridiculous to state a market collapse due to Obama is "assured" to happen. Especially since he's been in office over 4 years now.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

It takes time. The Obamabubble is about to burst!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Lets see how Apple's faring vs other tablets:

http://chitika.com/march-tablet-report

Hmm, Apple's actually gained market share...saturation and all!
With the iPad maintaining its dominance within the tablet usage environment, it seems unlikely that any company will pose a challenge to its standing as the biggest driver of tablet traffic, particularly considering that the company is expected to release its latest tablet device within the coming months.
Lets see...who to make apps for. if I was a developer..crappy SDK, crappy store Android tablet or iOS tablets? Hmmmm. The week after iOS 7 is released it will have more users than the last three updates of Android. All of those tiny little less than 1% Android tablets aren't even on the same OS version.
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Yeah, and who is Chitika?
Chitika is an online ad network that caters over four billion strategically targeted ads each month to a network of over 250,000+ sites, making it the second largest network of its kind.
Oh, right.

BTW, how do any of your "If I was" fantasies related to the best value for money when someone is choosing a phone/tablet? I'm sure you really love your 300,000 different iFart apps, but I'm at a loss as to how normal people give a shit. What was your last "killer" app on iPad, IMDB wasn't it? Which is better if you just use the browser on both devices, particularly if you lie to the stupid site about what kind of web browser you have. What, mobile? Nooooo I'm a desktop, kindly fuck off offering your app to me.

Also, regarding increased market share of a slowing market, get an 8th Grade economics book or something. You'll look less stupid.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Apple is crushing Android in the tablet market...absolutely destroying them and deservedly so. Perhaps Android will drop to #3 by this time next year.

Surface (1.5M) has already outsold the Nexus 10 (less than 700K). Mini Surface products due out soon.

Saturated
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Winnow wrote:Apple is crushing Android in the tablet market...absolutely destroying them and deservedly so. Perhaps Android will drop to #3 by this time next year.

Surface (1.5M) has already outsold the Nexus 10 (less than 700K). Mini Surface products due out soon.

Saturated
Surface figures are for wholesale units that are sitting on shelves unsold, or got returned, remember that?

Saturating.

Reality, it's hard.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

That's the point. Apple keeps going up, Android is going down no matter what the conditions. Impressive. Show me whatever chart you want and Android is still going down or increasing its user base less than Apple. Same market conditions for both. And that's with Samsung spending more on marketing than the entire GNPs of all African contries combined. Africa has more cell phones than America and Europe combined...and those poor bastards would be sure to use a cheap creaky plastic Android over an expansive well built iPhone if they could get either...and Apple still comes out on top!

Android Tablets blow ass. There's no other way to put it. Lack of app support, horrible SDK/store/developer support, and embarrassingly low sales with various OS versions. It can't even beat out....the satin inspired, unholy Surface Sales.

And then there's this:
Apple co-founder, Steve Wozniak, is confident that Apple’s share price will rise again even though it’s been falling short at the moment, due to future products that will “surprise and shock us all.”
Prepare to be shocked and amazed! Android's been sucking ass the past three months while Apple hasn't released a new product in 5 months, and now they have a new iPad, Mini, and iPhone in the pipe for the next 4 months. Their iPad and Mini iPad are alrady completely dominant will again show #2 who's boss (soon to be #3) by spinning their innovative wheels in the face of the sticky like gum Android devices that lack developer support due to ass SDK and store and an device OS user base splintered more than ever with mega buck marketing Samsung looking to ditch the platform for its own OS.

And for phones, iPhone went from zero to 57% of Verizon's total sales in 3 years...in a "saturated" market...looks like people choose Apple over Android 99% of the time since the market is so "saturated"...otherwise where did all those Verizon iPhone sales come from..whether they're moving carriers or new...it's Apple they want. Not bad Apple...not bad! Not to mention Apple's retention rate...oh...probably because the phone is fucking great. See plentiful charts in previous postings about Androids horrific retention rate...although I hear it's picking up new users in Africa with the a new Creaky Android 2.1 phone made out of recycled tampon containers. *

*btw, the market is saturated. Probably for tablets too....just like the market was "saturated" for cell phones back in 2007 before the iPhone. Zaelath is a genius for pointing this out.
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Winnow wrote:
And then there's this:
Apple co-founder, Steve Wozniak, is confident that Apple’s share price will rise again even though it’s been falling short at the moment, due to future products that will “surprise and shock us all.”
http://www.theonion.com/articles/weepin ... ste,32104/

The problem is you're claiming this is all evidence that Apple is a good stock to buy, but the stock market doesn't reward good business, or good product, or even consistent billion dollar profits, it rewards growth. Apple is "crushing it" at regaining some market share in a fraction of a market that isn't showing any significant growth.

I'm not saying the market is right, or that Apple products are shit, I'm saying I wouldn't buy their stock given the only benefit they can bring me is by increasing in value, which requires real growth. You can quote percentages forever, but that won't impress the market.

I don't buy Apple because they're patronising, not because they're bad products. Your shrill claims that Android is poor aren't backed up at all by my lived experience over the past 3 years at all, but it's fucking funny watching you make them.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Zaelath wrote: I don't buy Apple because they're patronising, not because they're bad products. Your shrill claims that Android is poor aren't backed up at all by my lived experience over the past 3 years at all, but it's fucking funny watching you make them.
I own both and Android blows compared to iOS, especially with tablets. You keep on buying Google because they aren't "patronizing". lol. Keep sucking up those mega budget Samsung ads that aren't "patronizing". lol.

Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Samsung != Google.

If you want to be told what you're allowed to do with your phone, more power to you. You're getting to that age where it's more and more common.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Zaelath wrote:Samsung != Google.

If you want to be told what you're allowed to do with your phone, more power to you. You're getting to that age where it's more and more common.
If you want great apps from great developers combined with rock solid high quality hardware, it doesn't matter if you're 18, 28 or 58, iOS is the best choice. For the tinker people there's always Jailbreaks. As for "getting to that age". I hack just about everything I own, but not my phone. That needs to be reliable and work. I don't want to "tinker" when I'm using a phone.

Android blows. Even the nerd developers prefer iOS. If you want a scattered mess, choose Android. I'll stick to my PC when it comes to that.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:If you want a scattered mess, choose Android. I'll stick to my PC when it comes to that.
A scattered mess? Well you are using windows 8 so that does make sense.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:
A scattered mess? Well you are using windows 8 so that does make sense.

Scattered mess refers to building your own PC, plenty of OS options that may or may not work well (I suggest using Windows 8 for the most stable experience), and ability to highly customize your UI, enjoying virus checkers, firewalls, etc. (which reminds me of all the malware currently attacking Android devices)
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Winnow wrote:(which reminds me of all the malware currently attacking Android devices)
Similar to your endless yabbering about the number of (mostly useless) apps available for IOS, the number of individual pieces of malware is irrelevant to the actual impact they have on users.
Zaelath
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Zaelath »

Winnow wrote: Android blows. Even the nerd developers prefer iOS.
Yeah, that's all so true I watched a PM wander around an office full of nerds and developers yesterday looking for anyone that had a charger for an iPhone 5.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Microsoft's new Windows Phone Ad makes fun of bothe Android and iPhone

http://youtu.be/Z19vR1GldRI

And just more for you Android lovers to chew on
This week, a survey by the Yankee Group suggested that iPhone ownership will soar past that of Android by 2015.

It indicated that twice as many people said they intended to buy an iPhone in the future as said they'd buy an Android.

Moreover, it offered that much of this loyalty isn't just inspired by the products themselves, but by the whole Apple ecosystem. The numbers hinted that only 9 percent of Apple owners were looking to Android for their next device, whereas 24 percent of Android owners were ready to be disloyal -- 18 percent intending to go to Apple.
Still hoping Windows Phone ends up #2 behind iOS.
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Winnow wrote:...much of this loyalty isn't just inspired by the products themselves, but by the whole Apple ecosystem.
Perhaps confusing loyalty with entrapment?

How easy is it for the average idiot to leave "the ecosystem" (aka "the collective") and take their already paid for books, video and music with them?
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aabidano wrote:
Winnow wrote:...much of this loyalty isn't just inspired by the products themselves, but by the whole Apple ecosystem.
Perhaps confusing loyalty with entrapment?

How easy is it for the average idiot to leave "the ecosystem" (aka "the collective") and take their already paid for books, video and music with them?
Not really. The apps are actually better. I'm competent when it comes to tech. No way would I want to use Android as my primary phone and definitely not as my tablet. Somehow, a lot of other people seem to try Android and also think it's ass and go back to Apple. hmmm.

Pretty amazing that gazillion dollar iOS products can outsell all those cheap ass plastic phones that sell for $0.01. If Android was remotely close to being as good as the Apples combination of hardware/software, you'd think people would switch the other way.

The Microsoft commercial is pretty funny.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Android 4.1 and 4.2 combined grew to represent 28.4 percent of regular usage, or enough to finally overtake Ice Cream Sandwich at 27.5 percent.
What a mess!

In comparison. iOS 6.1.2...an incremental version of iOS blew past Jelly Bean's percentage of total platform devices in less than a week, and that was months ago.
iOS 6.1.2 Adoption Hits 35% in Less Than a Week

Tuesday February 26, 2013 6:25 am

iOS 6.1.2 is already used on more iOS devices in the U.S. and Canada than any other version of the operating system, with adoption rates hitting 35% in just six days, according to data from ad network Chitika.
Also back in February:
Apple's iOS 6 now accounts for 83% of all iOS-based traffic in North America
Better SDK, better apps, a user base that adopts so much faster to new versions of an iOS than Android that it's kind of laughable...better store...better built....my god...it's full of stars. Hmm what would I develop for...in light of this...in light of predictions that Android will get passed by iOS in total users in 2 years..(that includes even all that cheap plastic Android devices...oh wait, that's just about all of them!).hmmm....but Android can use flash! lol

Microsoft deserves to be #2 behind Apple

http://youtu.be/Z19vR1GldRI

That would have been best commercial of the Super Bowl if it was released back then!
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Apple forces updates through iTunes. Android doesn't.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Boogahz wrote:Apple forces updates through iTunes. Android doesn't.
First of all, it's not forced. I have an old iPAd I use occasionally with an old version of iOS that works fine with iTunes.

The difference is that it's easy to update your iOS device while the shitstorm of companies and device types with Android cause havok and most of the time you can't upgrade at all. Sucks to be a developer for android...but we already knew that. Fragmented user base, crap SDK, crap store, cheap plastic on most popular android phone.
llThingsD's Walt Mossberg said the Galaxy S4's “plastic body felt a bit insubstantial,”
The Verge complained about its “unpleasant, cheap design.”
consumer electronics warranty provider SquareTrade says that according to its breakability tests, the device is actually more fragile than both its predecessor, the Galaxy S3, and its archrival, Apple’s iPhone 5.
Its also crappy outside to go along with the crappy apps/sdk/sticky ui!
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Winnow wrote:...and most of the time you can't upgrade at all.
Not generally getting anything out of it so who cares? It's not generally useful past being able to say you're on the latest version so why bother...? Plus many are cheapo phones, they aren't going to run the new load.

It's like feeling superior about IOS since no one updates their Acer Pentium II to Win7.

We haven't had any issues on our phone apps going from 2.2.1 > 4.2 over time. No platform issues reported either.

IOS has been similar in that respect though I'm not familiar with the revision numbers.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Hmm "saturated" market yet Apple keeps growing. WOW!

Samsung manged to squeek out .7 % but the rest of the Android clan was negative.

What's up with all that marketing from Samsung? All that mega cash spent was only good for .7%? Maybe Apple has a better product...hmmm higher quality hardware, better apps, better SDK...With all of the magical things Android phones can do and all the OS variants you might get...why aren't people flocking to Android?
Samsung Responds to Galaxy S4 Complaints By Telling Users to Go Buy an SD Card

According to CNET UK, the 16 GB version of Samsung’s newest flagship handset has only just over half of its listed memory available for owner use. The rest is taken up by the smartphone’s operating system and built-in apps. Samsung said the following in a recent public statement:

For the Galaxy S4 16GB model approximately 6.85GB occupies [the] system part of internal memory, which is 1GB bigger than that of the Galaxy S3, in order to provide [a] high resolution display and more powerful features to our consumers.
BLOATED!
Dakanaf
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Dakanaf »

Why do you care so much? Is apple paying you or something?
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Dakanaf wrote:Why do you care so much? Is apple paying you or something?
Yes and Microsoft is paying me to bash the PS3/4. I get a double payout if I mention Windows 8 and the PS3 controller causing crab hands in the same post.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

So Microsoft is buying Nokia for $7.2 billion... Is that the only way they can get companies to keep making crappy Windows phones?

I like how they Trojan Horse'd Nokia though with Elop. Evil or genius. I'm not quite sure which!

--