Food Processors!

Recipes, Reccomendations, and Reviews
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Food Processors!

Post by Aslanna »

Hi! I've been researching food processors for awhile now but am unable to make a decision. My problem is every time I make up my mind i read a bad review on Amazon which then ends up changing my mind. I was going with a Braun Multiquick 3 K650 but then I read they no longer support the US market for those so any replacement parts wouldn't be very easy to get. Cuisinart and KithenAid have too many models for me to make up my mind so it's hard to weed through all of those. The MagiMix 5150 looks nice but I'm not sure I want to spend $450 on a food processor at this point even though it does seem to include just about every accessory you'd need.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Re: Food Processors!

Post by Canelek »

I've had a Cuisinart food processor for about 6 years. I think it is a pretty standard model (steel base + blades and accessories). Works great! I figure there is no need to spend more than a couple hungred bucks in this category, unless you make massive amounts of food all the time. I use mine for pesto, and for slicing things when I need to cook for more than 10 people.
en kærlighed småkager
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

...bad review on Amazon
Keep in mind most people writing those are aggravated by an appliance they likely haven't read the instructions for. I look for warranty complaints.

We've had a little Cuisinart for years for Pesto, chopping nuts and other light use. No problems at all, does what it's supposed to do.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

We've had a KitchenAid 12 cup processor for a few years, and it's been great. I only use it a few times a month, but it's been great so far and has given us no trouble.
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Canoe
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Canoe »

I've had a Cuisinart standard 12 cup processor for a few years - and I love it.

In the winter it doesn't get a ton of use, but in the summer, I make a couple hundred jars of salsa, relish etc with stuff from the garden, so it gets heavily used, and I've never had a complaint.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

that's because they're all DEAD! :vv_pissed:

but if there is plum jam involved, I am totally in
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

A year later I finally got around to purchasing one. NewEgg recently had the Cuisinart Prep Plus Food Processor on sale for $120 for the 11-Cup variety which seemed a decent price since it's $165 on Amazon. It wasn't really the model I wanted, and is a bit on the large size capacity-wise for one person, but the price was right. Now to find something to make... Black bean burgers sound good!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--