MLB 2013

What do you think about the sports world?
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

MLB 2013

Post by Canelek »

Another year, another absolutely crap Mets team.

Bullpen: Maybe two serviceable relievers. No closer (Parnell has great stuff, but no guts).
Rotation: Harvey is fucking fantastic! Niese is decent. All else are at best AA situational starters. Even if Santana were able to play, I'd call him a iffy 5th starter.
Infield: I like Murphy this year, but he isn't very clutch. Shortstop is utter shit (6 errors and awful OBP). Ike Davis doesn't start hitting until August. Wright is about as un-clutch as a October 2006 Carlos Beltran; not to mention he hides injuries so he can play meaningless games, thereby fucking his team up even more (re: All Star Games, WBC, etc.) They should have traded him during this whole "rebuilding" project. I've rarely seen a player that is so good innings 1-8 and completely phones it in when shit matters.
Outfield: Who the fuck are these clowns? Still some hope for Duda, being a kid and all. Too many strikeouts and no consistent power for a guy who swings for the fences (granted, when he does connect...woooo damn). Valdespin has potential, but Collins loves rotating these guys so much they gain no rhythm...
Catcher: John fucking Buck! The highlight of your 2013 Mets. At least someone is trying...
Bench: "A bunch of scrappy guys that really do not fit anywhere"
Manager: I like Collins, but he needs to swap out some of these gasbags for some semblance of hope for the future... again, not his fault, because:

GM: Alderson is a fucking windbag, but gets slight street creds for helping build a decent farm system that his predecessors destroyed.

Ownership: DIAFKTHX

Well, that is pretty much all I have regarding baseball this year.

Around the league:

Braves = wow
Jays = DreamTeamLolz
Angels/Yankees = teeheesuckit!

PS: Football time yet? :D
en kærlighed småkager
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Re: MLB 2013

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

Braves have major issues. Seriously!

They need to find a sucker to trade Uggla to and play Pena at 2B. Then they need to figure out who to play between Chris Johnson and Francisco at 3B....which is tough since they are both hitting a ton. Guess it is nice when you can stick one of them at 1B while a guy like Freeman is on the DL and you can still reel off 10 straight wins. When McCann comes back, they will need to waive Laird and keep McCann and Gattis. Schaffer can spell the strikeout machine that is BJ Upton. It might be scary once BJ and Heyward come around and start hitting. The pitching staff (barring injury) is friggin scary. They will get Beachy back in June/July which only makes that group even stronger.

They might be the deepest team in the league on position players and pitching.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Don't really want to waste making another thread for this

New protective hats for pitchers.

lol

I'd rather just wear a batting helmet.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Zack Greinke agrees on 6-year, $206 million deal with Arizona

Free-agent pitcher Zack Greinke has agreed to a six-year deal with the Arizona Diamondbacks, according to ESPN and multiple media reports.

The deal is worth a total of $206 million, a source told ESPN's Pedro Gomez.

Sources familiar with Greinke's negotiations told ESPN's Jerry Crasnick that Greinke had been seeking a deal with an average annual value of $31.5 million or $32 million, slightly higher than the $31 million a year that David Price commanded in his seven-year, $217 million contract with the Boston Red Sox.
Yay Arizona?

wtf is up with these mind blowing contracts. Didn't realize people even watched baseball anymore.

Someone worked this out to be about $10,000 per pitch that he'll make over the life of the contract.

Side note on state tax. California 13.3 = percent, Arizona 4.54 percent, so there's that. (Nevada has zero state tax if they ever get a team)