A-Roid

What do you think about the sports world?
Pherr the Dorf
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

A-Roid

Post by Pherr the Dorf »

Virtually everyone was doing it
Pherr the Dorf wrote:
Just about everything in sports you and I have seen in the past 15 or so years has been juiced, every sport, I kinda enjoyed a lot of sports in that time and the fact that what I will be watching tomorrow and next year are also juiced doesn't bother me in the least.
The first duty of a patriot is to question the government

Jefferson
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: A-Roid

Post by Winnow »

I'm all for juiced sports. If the athletes sign a waiver clearing the leagues of any responsibility for future medical problems and they can get their insurance to cover them, I think roided out sports would kick ass. There's plenty of dumb jocks that would sacrifice their health and lives for the money they get from professional sports. I'd rather see short careers with juiced players than strung out careers of non roided players.

Steroids should be legal at age 18 and at age 16 with parents permission. Athletes dying from steroid related issues should not be a crime for pseudo medial personnel and parents. Lets face it. The world is getting overpopulated. Less are dying in wars (well less people we care about. No one gives a shit about the Middle East). We need a way to kill some people off and it may as well be entertaining.

Sports are getting boring. We need to bring back gladiator death matches like the great Roman Colosseum days. TV ratings are going down and we're entering a depression. Something to keep the masses' attention is needed right now.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

TV ratings are going down
Haha, you're a fucking moron.

In 2008 the NFL, NBA finals, Stanley Cup, Wimbeldon and the PGA all made significant ratings gains.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Soreali
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Dyerseve 1321

Post by Soreali »

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3894847

Ill give him credit for manning up to it... not like he had much of a choice.
Timmah.

Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

I never liked him.
I thought he was a cock sucker in Seattle.
He somehow became a bigger cock sucker in Texas. (Some kind of giant mutated super cock sucker?)
He's carried on as a cock sucker in NY.

This really doesn't affect my opinion of him. Nor am I surprised.

(and I know that just about everyone in baseball, major and minor leagues, were using steroids during that peroid)
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

TV ratings are going down.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Boo hoo for emo-rod. I imagine the other 104 or whatever players on the seized list are crapping their pants as well. How many Yankees I wonder?
en kærlighed småkager
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Canelek wrote:I imagine the other 104 or whatever players on the seized list are crapping their pants as well. How many Yankees I wonder?
All of them ;)
- Ash
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

I hope they just make public the whole fucking list and have done with it already. Sosa and Maguire brought the fans back to the game in 1997 or so--it had a severe drop in attendance after the 1994 lockout. Now, attendance is great, despite the past few years of allegations, false/forced confessions and general media asshattery.

Get it done now. Take the pain.

I want baseball to be about baseball and not asshats like Rodriguez, Giambi, Bonds, Peditte and Clemens.

Do I care about steroids and athletes? Fuck yeah I do. But, what is done is done. I am not going to stop watching but I definately am disappointed that these guys took a shit on the game and basically told a whole generation of young people' "Steroids are bad, unless you have a ton of pressure and want to be the best."

Fuck you A-Roid.
en kærlighed småkager
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Phoenix612

Post by Aardor »

Isn't MLB legally barred from releasing the list by agreements with the player's association and players? Also, the records were supposed to be destroyed a year (or 3) after the were filed. Granted, the government had the records before they were scheduled to be destroyed, but I do not believe MLB could release the records without being sued by a ton of different entities.

In my opinion, the government should release the records, because otherwise we will only hear about the ones who get leaked, which is not fair to them (currently only A-Rod, as much as I dislike him).

Edit: I hate/dislike A-Rod because he is like the epitome of anti-clutch, and because I generally dislike anyone who sells out to the Yankees. I could give a shit if he did PEDs, mostly because I assume he and everyone else have/still do them. You still can't test accurately for HGH, can you?

Further Edit: Another reason I hate A-Rod is because he is good friends with Coach K. This has become the primary reason for my hatred.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

It is my understanding that those records were frozen in 2003 since they were survey tests to guage the viability of league-wide testing. Players names were supposed to be protected.

Once the whole BALCO thing took off, the feds seized those records, so the players were no longer protected since the Federal Gov really can give a rat's ass what the MLB thinks.

At least, I think that is how it worked out.
en kærlighed småkager
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

Aardor and Canelek are both correct, but Aardor is more correct. The tests were done and the records were produced, and both MLB and the players union promised confidentiality. Later, the feds acquired the records via subpoena in the BALCO investigation. The feds have some privacy requirements, as they do with all subpoena'd information, but they are not party to the contract which binds MLB and the players union to confidentiality. While the information is now less confidential than was the original intention, MLB and the players union are still contractually obligated not to reveal the names, and they'd get sued to hell if they did reveal the list, and they'd lose.

That said, whoever it was that leaked A-Rod's name should just man up and leak the rest of them. MLB can't do it themselves, but it'd be good for MLB if the whole thing just came out.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Ah. Thanks for the clarification.
en kærlighed småkager
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

MIAMI—Alex "Fuck-Rod" Rodriguez, who has been given many unflattering nicknames by the press during the course of an eventful and turbulent career, found himself wondering what unflattering sobriquet he would be awarded for lying about his steroid use. "I really didn't like being called 'A-Fraud' by my teammates," Stupid-Goddamned-Son-of-a-Bitch-Rod told sources Wednesday. "That was hurtful, and reading it in Joe Torre's book was a real letdown." As of press time, Lying-Prick-Rod was unavailable for comment, as he was busy falsely accusing Sports Illustrated reporter Selena Roberts of trying to break into the Coral Gables mansion in which Complete-and-Total-Sack-of-Flaming-Fucking-Shit-with-Tiny-Shriveled-Balls-Rod currently resides.

^ The Onion
en kærlighed småkager