Can't Stand it Anymore - Brett Favre

What do you think about the sports world?
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Can't Stand it Anymore - Brett Favre

Post by Winnow »

Only a few minutes into the game and Bret Favre fumbles the ball...no biggie...but then...the announcers jump in...OMG HIS HANDS WERE COLD!....THAT INVISIBLE GUY MUST HAVE HIT HIM!

STFU! Brett is not the same player he once was...quit sucking up to him...quit with the 30 minute all Bret Favre game build ups....just quit it! It's sickening. I hope for everyone's sake, Bret suffers an injury that doesn't allow him to play next year but isn't a pernamant injury. No, really. I hope he gets injured so he can retire without for my sake of not having to watch this demise. No seriously, I'm not kidding. Bret's not bright enough to fake one.

It's not Brett Favre's job to help Aaron Rogers...it's Bret Favre's job to do all of these interviews about how times are tough. So lame. His legend declines daily. If he was serious about helping the Pack, he'd know that total focus on Aaron Roger's development is the most important thing, not watching a declining ex-star throw picks and fumble the ball while announcers make excuses.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Don't worry, they'll still beat the Lions.
I'd hate Hillary just as much if it was a woman. ┌┘ Winnow
you pretentious fuckwits ┌┘ Nick
:roll: ┌┘ Miir
thoroughly groped┌┘ Xyun
Cartalas
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Cartalas »

Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Could the officials cheat anymore to try and help the Packers? That was an obvious hold in the end zone for a safety that was overturned...and then Gato fumbles it...ruled down....then Favre thows an incomplete pass ruled a completion until the bribe money ran out and another official overturned that.

Geezuz.

Earlier in game
Announcer 1: Have you ever seen Favre get mad?
Favre cock sucking announcer #2: never

Later in game:

Wow Favre just yelled at his offensive lineman. Have you ever seen Favre yell at his offensive lineman?

Cocksucker #3: never

What a disgusting display of Favre worship.

PS: Go Amare!
Tyek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Tyekk
PSN ID: Tyek

Post by Tyek »

I can't believe you actually watched that game, much less paid that much attention.
When I was younger, I used to think that the world was doing it to me and that the world owes me some thing…When you're a teeny bopper, that's what you think. I'm 40 now, I don't think that anymore, because I found out it doesn't f--king work. One has to go through that. For the people who even bother to go through that, most assholes just accept what it is anyway and get on with it." - John Lennon
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

They should just have a split screen with Favre always on one side of the screen. They must be pretty upset Detroit is on offense and they have to break away from a close up of Fave sitting on the bench to show the actual game.

DID YOU SEE THAT???? FAVRE JUST THREW A COMPLETION! THAT'S WHY HE'S THE GREATEST! HE WENT TO HIS SECOND OPTION...MAYBE ONLY A HANDFUL OF OTHER QBs WOULD HAVE THOUGHT OF THAT!
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Xouqoa

Post by Xouqoa »

I think you're just jealous because he doesn't play for the Arizona Cardinals!
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

I am still unsure as to how exactly they overturned the safety. They called a hold in the endzone and illegal grounding in the end zone. They declined the holding and took the illegal grounding. Now....to me it seemed that the grounding call could be overturned because I thought Gaddo was actually outside the tackles when he did it and the ball got back to the line of scrimmage. But what the fuck happened to the holding call that they announced as well?
Sabek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sabek

Post by Sabek »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:I am still unsure as to how exactly they overturned the safety. They called a hold in the endzone and illegal grounding in the end zone. They declined the holding and took the illegal grounding. Now....to me it seemed that the grounding call could be overturned because I thought Gaddo was actually outside the tackles when he did it and the ball got back to the line of scrimmage. But what the fuck happened to the holding call that they announced as well?
They eventually said the grounding wasnt grounding because he was outside the tackles.

The BS part was that they said the hold didnt happen in the actual endzone and that is why it wasnt a safety.

So they picked up the flag on the grounding and called the hold for half the distance which Detroit declined and took the down.
Sabek
Just Sabek
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

Winnow is just jealous that he (and announcers) don't get to suck off Amare every night this season.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

The only good thing out of last night's Favre love fest is that Green Bay won another game so they're within one game of letting the Cardinals take Reggie Bush...ok Houston will probably get him but maybe Leinart...we know any QB sure as hell doesn't want to go to GB with gramps Favre throwing there for another 5 years.

BTW, the Cardinals are #1 in passing behind 2 time MVP Kurt Warner...only one less MVP than Favre! Best thing about Warner is he sits his ass down and doesn't complain when the coaches decide to give another QB a shot. I guess it takes three MVPs before you can screw up your team's future.

----

The Suns made it all the way up to #3 in the Power Rankings without Amare! With Amare they'd be better than a team with 12 Michael Jordans on it. Amare needs his own comic book. We al lknow how great Shaq was in Kazaam and Steel...just imagine Amare in the movies. Superstar!
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Daellyn

Post by Midnyte_Ragebringer »

Favre is pretty much the same guy he has always been. The bullshit is the way people are tryign to represent that this GB team is losing because of him. It has nothing to do with him, but more the team surrounding him. Statistically he is far better a QB than over 3/4 of the league.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

They aren't losing because of Favre (for the most part besides those 27 interceptions and gaggle of fumbles) but they are losing development time for Rogers and their future.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Winnow wrote:We al lknow how great Shaq was in Kazaam and Steel...
I puked a little in my brain after reading that.
I'd hate Hillary just as much if it was a woman. ┌┘ Winnow
you pretentious fuckwits ┌┘ Nick
:roll: ┌┘ Miir
thoroughly groped┌┘ Xyun
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

BTW, the Cardinals are #1 in passing behind 2 time MVP Kurt Warner
I hate to tell you, but you're #1 in passing behind Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin. Kurt Warner's got very little to do with it. Hell, with those wide receivers, even some stiff like Josh McCown could start 5 games and throw for 1,200 yards and 6 TD's... oh wait, he did.
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

Winnow wrote:They aren't losing because of Favre (for the most part besides those 27 interceptions and gaggle of fumbles) but they are losing development time for Rogers and their future.
Put Rogers in there now and you would end his career. They have no O-line.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Sueven wrote:
BTW, the Cardinals are #1 in passing behind 2 time MVP Kurt Warner
I hate to tell you, but you're #1 in passing behind Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin. Kurt Warner's got very little to do with it. Hell, with those wide receivers, even some stiff like Josh McCown could start 5 games and throw for 1,200 yards and 6 TD's... oh wait, he did.
Wouldn't that make you drool over being drafter by Arizona if you were Matt Leinart? You've got two great receivers and two more pretty good ones behind them along with a great mentor in Kurt Warner who will step aside without all the ballyhoo Favre demands.

I know a lot of yards Warner logs is due to Boldin's ability to break tackles and gain big time yardage after that catch and Fitzgerald's ability to make acrobatic catches but Warner still deserves some credit here. Arizona is ranked dead last in rushing. AS A TEAM they haven't rushed for over 100 yards in a game this year. That may be a record.
Badabidi
Gets Around
Gets Around
XBL Gamertag: DaveShapelle

Post by Badabidi »

Favre doesn't play fantasy football, he plays real football. I doubt he gives a rats ass if his fan points drop into the negatives off and on as long as his team comes close to winning or wins. The players he has to work with aren't that great, injuries to RB/WR didn't help him one bit this year. Just drop him from your team and move on.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Badabidi wrote:Favre doesn't play fantasy football, he plays real football. I doubt he gives a rats ass if his fan points drop into the negatives off and on as long as his team comes close to winning or wins. The players he has to work with aren't that great, injuries to RB/WR didn't help him one bit this year. Just drop him from your team and move on.
Excuses. Is he eating ok? Any issues with his bed blankets not keeping him warm? New razor causing problems?

Did someone mention FF on this thread? I've never drafted Favre for a FF team.
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

Wouldn't that make you drool over being drafter by Arizona if you were Matt Leinart? You've got two great receivers and two more pretty good ones behind them along with a great mentor in Kurt Warner who will step aside without all the ballyhoo Favre demands.
Fuck yeah. But if I were running the Cardinals, I wouldn't be spending my time worrying about the QB situation. As you pointed out, the running game is far more of a priority. While I haven't gotten to watch a whole lot of Arizona football this year, what I have seen indicates that a significant amount of the problem is the offensive line and not the running backs. If the Cardinals could put together an above average O-line, their offense would suddenly look pretty scary. With even a mediocre running game, the Cardinals wouldn't have to throw quick outs on 3rd and 1 and they'd be able to run some play action.

The Cardinals need some new offensive linemen. They also need a big guy (either a tight end or a fullback) who's a sick blocker and an occassional pass catching threat, someone like Mike Sellers. I wouldn't start looking for new tailbacks or quarterbacks until both of those situations are cleaned up. Kurt Warner, J.J. Arrington, Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin could be a winning offense with a serious push up front. Matt Leinart, DeAngelo Williams, Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin would bomb seriously behind the horses that Arizona's running out there now.

Of course, you guys could probably also use some help on defense. One thing at a time.
Favre doesn't play fantasy football, he plays real football. I doubt he gives a rats ass if his fan points drop into the negatives off and on as long as his team comes close to winning or wins.
He's won three games this year. I know that they've been playing close and have dealt with some injuries, but the Pack is 3-10.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Badabidi wrote:Favre doesn't play fantasy football, he plays real football. I doubt he gives a rats ass if his fan points drop into the negatives off and on as long as his team comes close to winning or wins. The players he has to work with aren't that great, injuries to RB/WR didn't help him one bit this year. Just drop him from your team and move on.
Reading comprehension > you

This is sorta the same type of crap that happened when TO was playing.
The fucking broadcasters would spend so much time talking about Owens, talking to Owens, jerking off to Owens, showing shots of Owens sitting on the bench, showing replays of catches that Ownes made last week and talking to other people who are talking about people who like to talk about Owens... I saw one fucking monday night game where he wasn't even playing and they cut to a shot of him standing on the sidelines during a play where someone NOT named Owens caught an awesome TD pass.

Have I mentioned how much I hate that douchebag?
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Sueven wrote:
Of course, you guys could probably also use some help on defense. One thing at a time.
We're in pretty good shape on defense. Docket, Dansby and Rolle have all been injured this season. It's our special teams that's giving up the big plays.

You're right in that our Offensive Line should be the number one priority next year but we are moving into a new half billion dollar stadium next year so I'm betting on a glamour selection with the high first round pick for marketing purposes.
Homercles
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Homercles »

When the Bengals moved in to their brand new half billion dollar stadium several years back, they went after that glamour player as well.

Akili Smith ring a bell?

Shore up the O-line before you grab the franchise QB.

Of course Akili was dumb as a post and learned the QB profession from the same tutor as Harrington and Boller. Whereas our current QB (THE GREAT CARSON PALMER) honed his skills at USC just has Lienert has done.

But I have a feeling Lienert will not measure up to expectations if he ends up in Arizona. Hes taken this year off. Standing in an oversized pocket for all eternity. Handing it off to the best player in football. Hes too used to his cushy status at USC. He'll get pounded in Arizona with no Oline and no running game. His fragile ball dancing psychie will be damaged beyond repair.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Homercles wrote: But I have a feeling Lienert will not measure up to expectations if he ends up in Arizona. Hes taken this year off. Standing in an oversized pocket for all eternity. Handing it off to the best player in football. Hes too used to his cushy status at USC. He'll get pounded in Arizona with no Oline and no running game. His fragile ball dancing psychie will be damaged beyond repair.
Anyone remember Tim Rosenbauh (Washington State) that used to play for the Cardinals? He was a decent QB but got hit a few times and retired after like 2 years, throwing away the rest of his contract which would have payed him a couple million.

David Carr from Houston is a free agent next year. He's been sacked a billion times in with the Texans. He'd be perfect for the Cardinals if we could get him for a decent price. I'm not big on drafting QBs but Reggie Bush will be gone with the first pick and I don't think Arizona will be lucky enough to lose out and get the first selection in the draft. I can't think of an offensive lineman coming out that's worth a top three pick but maybe someone can offer up some names.
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

everybody knows the Monday Night Crew (and all TV crews) has been swinging from Brett Favre's nuts for years.

If you don't know that it is because you are in the Klan.
Kargyle
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Kargyle »

Winnow wrote:
Homercles wrote: But I have a feeling Lienert will not measure up to expectations if he ends up in Arizona. Hes taken this year off. Standing in an oversized pocket for all eternity. Handing it off to the best player in football. Hes too used to his cushy status at USC. He'll get pounded in Arizona with no Oline and no running game. His fragile ball dancing psychie will be damaged beyond repair.
Anyone remember Tim Rosenbauh (Washington State) that used to play for the Cardinals? He was a decent QB but got hit a few times and retired after like 2 years, throwing away the rest of his contract which would have payed him a couple million.

David Carr from Houston is a free agent next year. He's been sacked a billion times in with the Texans. He'd be perfect for the Cardinals if we could get him for a decent price. I'm not big on drafting QBs but Reggie Bush will be gone with the first pick and I don't think Arizona will be lucky enough to lose out and get the first selection in the draft. I can't think of an offensive lineman coming out that's worth a top three pick but maybe someone can offer up some names.
Stay away from our QB!!!!

But seriously. What has been done to Carr here in Houston is a tragedy, and I really couldn't blame him for jumping ship when he turns free agent. I really hope that he will stay however. He's got a great arm, and I really think with a good line around him he could be a star.
The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion. - Thomas Paine
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Dennis Green will probably trade the farm for a gimpy Dante Culpepper instead of going with Carr for relatively "cheap" and then concentrate on the offensive line in the draft.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

It's a good thing you don't live here then Winnow. The entire city lives and breathes the packers and Favre. If Brett stubs his toe it becomes news.

Now this has been a topic of discussion quite a bit on the local radio shows as to wtf is going on with the packers. It can't be blamed on any one facet of the team but the consensus is that it is more the fault of the coaching than with the players themselves.

Example:
I think this is from the bears game recently. We ran the ball for over 100 yards in the first half of the game and then ended the day with a total of 117 yards. We ran the ball only 8 times in the second half. We had over 58 passing plays that game. WTF calls 58 passing plays in the dead of freaking winter.

In other games where we were dominating the first half of the game and then died in the second half offensively we had switched out the Offensive line to keep them fresh. WTF is that about. Running backs and receivers get swapped out, NOT LINEMEN. Especially when they were kicking ass.

The only highlight has been the defense really. Our passing defense is number 1 in the NFL. Even with all the penalties that Carroll gets.

Another thing to remember is that he is playing with a JV squad really. He barely knows the people who is throwing to. Most of our big name players, Walker, Green, Davenport, Franks are all out. Hell most of the new players think that being cold means you have to put on a sweater in 60 degree weather. Playing in the frozen tundra is not easy. For anyone.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

You'd be my idol Bubba if you started up a "Favre sucks" chant at the next Packer game you go to. (don't forget to flash the VV salute while doing it!) Even a little "Favre Sucks" sign would make it on TV as you just don't see that sort of thing in Sausageville.

Green Bay is like that town in the movie Pleasantville. Nothing ever happens bad in G.B.! Instead of black and white, the entire town is yellow and green. If Bubba were to say something bad about Favre, other bright colors would start to show up!
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Oh don't get me wrong, I blame Favre for his fuck ups as well as anyone. He flat out dropped the ball in that first series. No excuses. A fumble is a fumble. In all reality we should have lost that game but thanks to some inept officials we managed to pull it out. When we played the bears I was raging because of all the fucked up throws. It was like the ball just died in mid air. Then to throw into triple coverage? Yeah that's the play but damn man, make the right decision and throw it away. Favre can be held accountable for a lot of the bad shit that happend this season but so can others. Favre isn't perfect but he is better than Warner. :twisted:
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I didn't watch the MNF game. How did it go?
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Daellyn

Post by Midnyte_Ragebringer »

Poorly Winnow. They losy 41 to 3 I believe and Favre was awful. He still thinks he has Freeman who is going to get Favre's hurles down field. Favre needs a line to give him time and receivers who can catch. He has neither and won't have neither...he needs to go to another team or retire.
StupidMcDupid
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by StupidMcDupid »

They lost to the ravens 48-3 to be correct.
I didnt have no dates at homecoming,thats cause i had your girl naked in my home cumming.

She was looking at it like, "that isn''t gonna fit", u want a smaller size go and rent a plastic dick.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Yuppers, all of GB is in an outrage and are calling for Sherman's head on a platter. That is a monday night football record for worst blow out. Way to go Packers. If Sherman goes then Favre will probably retire. After that last game and take the season as a whole it might be a good idea. I have a feeling that there will be a major shake up in the organization come January 1st.
Deward
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Deward »

I like Favre a lot but he made some pretty stupid decisions Monday night. He was constantly throwing it up and hoping for a play by a receiver. He has no receivers who can make a play for the ball though. If he kept it short (5-20 yards) then he did well. I think he is just really getting frustrated at this point and I don't blame him.

I think Carr could be a very good quarterback in a different system. He has been absolutely killed in Houston. I would like to see him in Green Bay over Rodgers but if I were him I would go someplace that had an offensive line to provide better protection. He would be very good in Arizona with the receivers there. AZ really needs a decent running back though so they aren't so one dimensional.
Deward
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

I JUST CAN'T SAY ENOUGH ABOUT BRETT FAVRE
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I really hope the announcers turn on Brett Favre this year. Theisman already has. He washed up and is taking a beating.

Waste of a roster spot. Can't wait for the build up in another game where he chucks a hail mary down field and it's intercepted and then the announcers forget about it the next game and remind us of something he did ten years ago.

I can't fucking believe I have to sit through another year of Favre crap. He's like that ex High School QB from Napoleon Dynamite that can't give it up.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

Funny how you bumped this thread, I was just coming here to post the following...
ProFootballTalk wrote:POSTED 10:47 a.m. EDT, August 16, 2006

FAVRE RETIRING TODAY?

The early indications based on our discussions with league sources are that Favre will announce his retirement from the NFL at a Wednesday press conference.

As we write this one, we're trying hard not to pull one of those "Favre will retire, unless he doesn't" routines. Instead, our goal is merely to share the information that we currently have. This isn't a report that he will retire, and if he does retire we won't claim "as first reported on PFT". Our goal at this point is only to inform.

So here's what we know -- a response from one member of the organization to a direct question regarding whether Favre is calling it quits today did not have the "No way in hell!" or "I'm looking into this right now!" quality that would be expected upon hearing that The Franchise is walking away in the middle of training camp.

Favre went back and forth in the offseason regarding whether to return for another year of football. Though the team was under the impression for most of the offseason that Favre was indeed coming back, Peter King of Sports Illustrated reporting earlier this week that Favre did not make a final decision until he heard former NFL quarterback Phil Simms explain on Sirius NFL Radio that Favre should play as long as he is able to play.

The abrupt decision, if he does indeed retire, would come after a preseason game in which Favre got the potato sack treatment from the Chargers' front seven, due in large part to a young, inexperienced offensive line that is learning a new blocking scheme.

Taking over for Favre would be 2005 first-rounder Aaron Rodgers. The move also likely would put the Packers in the market for a veteran quarterback. Kerry Collins is the most recognizable name on the shelf.

Again, we're not saying that Favre is retiring. But the signs are surely pointing in that direction.
But it turns out it was a false alarm...
POSTED 11:41 a.m. EDT, August 16, 2006

FALSE ALARM ON FAVRE

After further review, it now appears that Brett Favre's Wednesday press conference is simply a standard, weekly media get-together.

The root of the problem was that KSTP-TV in Minneapolis sold the thing as an unusual, out-of-the-norm event with this post from a couple of hours ago:

"Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre will hold a news conference at 11:30 a.m. Wednesday in the Lambeau Field media auditorium.

"There's no indication at this point what the legendary Packer quarterback is going to announce. The Packers lost their first preseason game of the year by two touchdowns to the San Diego Chargers."

As it turns out, he's not expected to "announce" anything.

Sheesh. You'd think that a TV station in a rival's market not far from Wisconsin would know this.
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Yup he does give a bi-weekly announcement to the local press. I listen to it on the radio recap on the drive home. Nothing out of the ordinary. I think the only way for Winnow to satisfy his disgust in Favre is to trade for him in VVFF and keep him on the bench. yeah that'll teach him. :twisted:

GO FAVRE!!!
(that was strictly for Winnows benefit)
Last edited by Bubba Grizz on August 17, 2006, 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

Trade Favre to the Phoenix Suns and Winnow would slobber all over him.
Deward
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Deward »

Favre is not the problem with the Green Bay Packers. The O-line is going to be the worst in the league this year. As a football coach, I can tell you that the transition from Gap Assignment type of O-line play to a zone-blocking technique is tough. Zone blocking is confusing as hell. Once it is learned though it is the best way to play o-line.
Deward
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Deward wrote:Favre is not the problem with the Green Bay Packers. The O-line is going to be the worst in the league this year. As a football coach, I can tell you that the transition from Gap Assignment type of O-line play to a zone-blocking technique is tough. Zone blocking is confusing as hell. Once it is learned though it is the best way to play o-line.
No need to be a Favre apologist. Favre had plenty of time to chuck those long bomb interceptions. His O-Line sucks...but look at the Cardinals O-Line...it sucks too and Warner threw for serious yardage last year. Granted, Warner is a two time Superbowl MVP but everyone hates him so we'll assume he sucks for the point I'm making! I know, Fitz and Quan have some skills. The O-line didn't stop Warner from getting sacked a ton but he still passed for big time yardage with no running game (same as Green Bay's crappy running game).
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

And *slightly* better receivers.
Deward
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Deward »

I wouldn't call myself a Favre apologist. I still think he has it in him. He will always throw for more INTs than he should because frankly I don't think he has ever had an elite receiver. He had to take even more chances last year because of the awful running game in GB. COuple that with sub-par receivers who quit on their routes or just plain drop teh passes and you will get more bad than good. I would rather have Favre slinging it around than anyone that is currently available to the Packers right now. Rodgers is maturing pretty nicely now though.
Deward
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Deward wrote:I wouldn't call myself a Favre apologist. I still think he has it in him. He will always throw for more INTs than he should because frankly I don't think he has ever had an elite receiver.
Sterling Sharpe wasn't an elite receiver?

1989 1423 yrds 12 TDs
1990 1105 yrds 6 TDs

Enter Brett Favre:

1991 961 yrds 4 TDs
1992 1461 yrds 13 TDs
1993 1274 yrds 11 TDs
1994 1119 yrds 18 TDs
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Elite receiver After Favre started. Still even so, that is one receiver over 14 years. but yeah, there is a lot of cheer leading going on in the media and there will be for a long time. If you want a real sympathetic ear you should read Dr. Z's column for SI. He outright hates Favre with a greater passion than you.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Bubba Grizz wrote:If you want a real sympathetic ear you should read Dr. Z's column for SI. He outright hates Favre with a greater passion than you.
I don't hate Farve. He's a hall of famer and was fun to watch most of his career. I just want him to go back in time and quit two years ago.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

He's a hall of famer and was fun to watch most of his career
I dunno, he's still kinda fun to watch....

get his ass kicked.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Cartalas
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Cartalas »

Winnow wrote:Christ....will it ever end!?

http://www.sunherald.com/mld/sunherald/16607933.htm
If I was a Packer Fan id be pissed