Good news in the NFL

What do you think about the sports world?
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Good news in the NFL

Post by Sueven »

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2057714
The Philadelphia Eagles will not renegotiate the contract of star wide receiver Terrell Owens, The Philadelphia Inquirer reported Wednesday.
The Eagles have intimated they wouldn't redo the contract, and owner Lurie told the newspaper, "It's not even an issue."

"It's a non-issue," Lurie said. "There are a lot of things I spend time thinking about, but that's not one of them."
Asked if he expects Owens to be with the Eagles next season, Lurie said, "If he wants to win a Super Bowl, he should be."

"At this level, with multimillions [of dollars], you're just trying to leave a legacy and win Super Bowls, as far as I am concerned. And he's got a great opportunity," Lurie said.
Good for the Eagles. As an Eagles fan, this is exactly what I wanted them to do. If TO wants to come back, I'd be happy to have him, but I don't want him back with a new contract. I'd rather he sit out the whole season and forfeit whatever salary he would have earned.
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

TO is an idiot.

but not as big of an idiot as Freddy Mitchell.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Good news in the NFL

Post by Winnow »

Sueven wrote:
Good for the Eagles. As an Eagles fan, this is exactly what I wanted them to do. If TO wants to come back, I'd be happy to have him, but I don't want him back with a new contract. I'd rather he sit out the whole season and forfeit whatever salary he would have earned.
I think TO is pretty religious. At some point, I predict he gets a message from god saying that he should play this upcoming year so he can get back to playing after skipping training camp or something.
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

yes that message from God will be in the form of several overdue payment bills from the bank that wrote the loans for his Bentleys.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

I'd just like to say... When I saw the topic, I was filled with hope that this thread would be about this very subject.

Thank you Sueven. Everyone here at reality appreciates it. Hopefully TO can join us back here at reality soon.
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Didn't the eagle fans <3 TO all season? Hell, even some media thought he was A-OK and just 'being TO'. I thought I was the only person who called him a piece of shit fraud.

Sounds like he will end up in Chokeland? :)
en kærlighed småkager
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

we'll roll out the red carpet for that nut in the ATL.

cept we have no cap room.
Homercles
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Homercles »

and I thought this thread was gonna be about the Browns Voiding Winslows contract
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

In other news, Anquan Boldin (WR - AZ Cardinals) said he won't be holding out during training camp for a new contract.

It's the year of Arizona sports!

Even more amazing is a few sports rags are planning to pick Arizona as the their division winner.
nobody
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by nobody »

that reminds me:

i'm sure you've seen this before but i thought it was worth seeing again.

and also:

http://www.channel3000.com/sports/4140895/detail.html#
My goal is to live forever. So far so good.
The U. S. Constitution doesn't guarantee happiness, only the pursuit of it. You have to catch up with it yourself. - Benjamin Franklin

خودتان را بگای
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Quite frankly, I am surprised to see that AZ still has a team. Hell, my Broncos got their best player a couple years ago and still can't win a playoff game. :( Poor Jakey. :(
en kærlighed småkager
xZiBiT
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by xZiBiT »

I have stated many times before how big of a bum I thought T.O. was. I knew he was eventually going to cause trouble. I predicted it would happen in the middle of last year. Now, that it has happened Eagles' fans, what is your honest opinion of the asshat?

Speaking of Freddie Mitchell, how about Dirk pulling a Freddie Mitchell in the fourth quarter last night?
Planetside
poppa - Terran VV Markov
poppa - N00b Conglomerate Emerald
xzibit - NC Markov
xzibit - VS Emerald
Trek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Trek »

I don't see what the big deal is. Last season he played up to my expectations and the Eagles won many games. Now T.O. is showing what everyone already knows about him, so why would Eagles fans see it any differently? He came, he played well, we came up short of the title and he wants more money. If he comes back and the issue isnt a problem through the season, then I will be glad to have him....if not, move on without him.
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

Trek wrote:I don't see what the big deal is. Last season he played up to my expectations and the Eagles won many games. Now T.O. is showing what everyone already knows about him, so why would Eagles fans see it any differently? He came, he played well, we came up short of the title and he wants more money. If he comes back and the issue isnt a problem through the season, then I will be glad to have him....if not, move on without him.
He definitely worked to make a difference for the Eagles. Say what you will(not that you did), but they aren't even close to being the offensive threat w/out him. He also busts his ass every time he's on the field for a snap. You can hate him because he's a schmuck, but he's good, and he's a hard working good at that.
Phugg_Innay
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Phugg_Innay »

To quote Mr Deeds , " If you were to play Badly could we re-negotiate and pay you less? "

Whata bunch of friggin premadonnas. I want MORE more more , hell my 5yr old knows better than to ask for money. How about the punk ass bitch EARNS what he asking for , try doing a few more Right Gaurd commercials. You should have seen how happy us Bay Area boys were when the whiney Biatch left here.
Phugg Innay Bard ( retired )
WTFO ,,, (What the Fuck , OVER)
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

he was warned by the Players Union ahead of time not to sign this contract.

and now he is somehow mad about it.

only a freaking idiot would give a 32yr old WR more guaranteed money on a 7 year deal.

plus TO's cap # is $700K next year.

renogiate that, haha
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

for 700k, I would let his ass sit and watch from home on Sundays all year. Not as many teams will be so apt to drop a huge contract on him after he sits out an entire year.

If he doesn't play all year and Winslow is out all year, this could be a pretty happy and joyous year all around. Hell, Moss even got punked already and knocked off his high horse. Which of these spoiled piece of shit prima donnas is next?
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

good point.

$700,000 is worth it to keep him from your competition really.

plus you can recoup all of that salary by fining him for not showing up.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Voronwë wrote:good point.

$700,000 is worth it to keep him from your competition really.

plus you can recoup all of that salary by fining him for not showing up.
Yep, TO isn't very bright. I think the Eagles upper management will have no problem with writing him off and moving forward. It will hurt the team for sure but I like their stance. They didn't have to trade for him from what I recall..or did they have to give up a pick as compensation? If so, it doesn't matter, the Eagles had like 13 picks in this year's draft.
Trek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Trek »

The Eagles are a good organization and will do what they feel is the best option for them. I will not care what way they go with TO as they have shown they can overcome mishaps.