Bonds out for the Year??

What do you think about the sports world?
Homercles
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Bonds out for the Year??

Post by Homercles »

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2018994

A dejected Barry Bonds said Tuesday that there's a chance he might not return this season because of multiple knee surgeries.
"Right now I'm just going to try to rehab myself to get back to, I don't know, hopefully next season,
and then...
"You wanted me to jump off the bridge, I finally have jumped. You wanted the bring me down, you've finally brought me and my family down. Finally done it. From everybody, all of you. So now go pick a different person. I'm done.
..couldnt use the juice to help recover from his initial knee injury. Went out too early and re injured it. Damn the media to hell!!!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

To hell with Bonds. Dude is in total denial.

I hope he never plays again. I hope he is depressed and realizes he cheated at some point. He's an asshat as it stands. Maybe 20 years from now, he'll acknowledge what went on and be forgiven somewhat.

I don't care that much that players used steroids if they'd admit and and we could move on. I also realize they can't just admit it without ramifications but Bond's bloated bobble-head and obvious use of steroids is so obvious, he could have treated the subject in a better way even without admitting guilt like Giambi has.
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: launchpad1979

Post by Lynks »

LOL, this is great. I decided to join a Yahoo public league while I wait for our keeper league to get started.

I might have a shot at winning that one.

My keeper league is another story, Bonds being out wont affect any of the Top 5 teams.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Winnow wrote:To hell with Bonds. Dude is in total denial.

I hope he never plays again. I hope he is depressed and realizes he cheated at some point. He's an asshat as it stands. Maybe 20 years from now, he'll acknowledge what went on and be forgiven somewhat.

I don't care that much that players used steroids if they'd admit and and we could move on. I also realize they can't just admit it without ramifications but Bond's bloated bobble-head and obvious use of steroids is so obvious, he could have treated the subject in a better way even without admitting guilt like Giambi has.
Well said.

Barry Bonds should have finished the interview by SUCKING MEDIA/MEDICAL COCK for giving him an excuse to not attempting to hit 60+ home runs this year and not get tested for steroids this year.

He's a cheater, and he should go out like the sour little bitch that he is.

Oh, and if you're reading this Barry, every word of my post is entirely because you are black. :roll:
Vetiria
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Vetiria »

for giving him an excuse to not attempting to hit 60+ home runs this year and not get tested for steroids this year.
What excuse did the media give him, exactly?
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

I agree they should all come clean. Bonds, Armstrong and everybody else! :D
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Vetiria wrote:
for giving him an excuse to not attempting to hit 60+ home runs this year and not get tested for steroids this year.
What excuse did the media give him, exactly?
He's whining saying that the media constantly asking him questions and hounding him has influenced his decision to sit the year out...

Kelshara: I agree Hushovd should definitely admit to doping. :P (all's fair in love and war my friend)
Vetiria
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Vetiria »

No, he's not. Those were separate comments. He just had his second knee surgery of the off-season and won't be able to recover until mid-season. The media part happens with Bonds every few years; that's nothing new.
Phugg_Innay
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Phugg_Innay »

Good F'n riddance BB ,,, from a Bay Area native that HATES YOU !! I bet he goes home and kicks a dog or cat.
Phugg Innay Bard ( retired )
WTFO ,,, (What the Fuck , OVER)
Pherr the Dorf
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Pherr the Dorf »

Phugg_Innay wrote:Good F'n riddance BB ,,, from a Bay Area native that HATES YOU !! I bet he goes home and kicks a dog or cat.
Silly A's fans get all riled cause their team will live in the cellar this year :D

Edit to add, that was his 3rd knee surgery this offseason, 2nd on that knee
The first duty of a patriot is to question the government

Jefferson
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

Kelshara: I agree Hushovd should definitely admit to doping. (all's fair in love and war my friend)
If there was anything at all that indicated Hushovd juiced I'd fly back and smack him myself until he confessed. Kind of interesting you brought that up actually, I read something about how Norwegian athletes who have been caught using doping basically are frozen out of society completely. It is so highly disregarded back home that once you are caught you are fu...

And I still say Lance juiced! HAH!
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Daellyn

Post by Midnyte_Ragebringer »

Barry Bonds put on a show yesterday. His knee is progressing fine and should be out there by the beginning of May. His trainer said everything is fine and has no idea why Barry said those things yesterday. Barry is full of shit and has used the media once more to try and gain public sympathy.
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

yeah its the media's fault Barry juiced.

yeah its the media's fault Barry set up a house for his mistress in Arizona.

this guy is such an idiot. i hope he doesn't ever come back.

every week that he sits out of baseball increases the chances slightly that Aaron will hold onto the record (slim chance right now though).
Vetiria
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Vetiria »

Midnyte_Ragebringer wrote:Barry Bonds put on a show yesterday. His knee is progressing fine and should be out there by the beginning of May. His trainer said everything is fine and has no idea why Barry said those things yesterday. Barry is full of shit and has used the media once more to try and gain public sympathy.
So you think it's completely natural for someone to have knee surgery, then be back running healthy a month later?
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Vetiria wrote:
Midnyte_Ragebringer wrote:Barry Bonds put on a show yesterday. His knee is progressing fine and should be out there by the beginning of May. His trainer said everything is fine and has no idea why Barry said those things yesterday. Barry is full of shit and has used the media once more to try and gain public sympathy.
So you think it's completely natural for someone to have knee surgery, then be back running healthy a month later?
Yes, when his trainer says it is. Unless Barry employes idiot trainers that aren't looking out for his wellbeing.
Homercles
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Homercles »

It has been completely natural for Bonds to overcome severe injuries in short times. Hes never missed any significant amount of playtime during a season. Injuries heal much quicker when youre on the juice. Muscle returns to full strength much quicker when youre on the juice.
Hes no longer on the juice. His injuries arent healing as quick as before. He cant use the juice to help his recovery. Hes finally begining to understand what "cheating" means. And hopefully the guilt that comes with that understanding will lead to his retirement.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Vetiria wrote:No, he's not. Those were separate comments. He just had his second knee surgery of the off-season and won't be able to recover until mid-season. The media part happens with Bonds every few years; that's nothing new.
Actually in nearly the same breath where he said his knee was bad, and it was keeping him from playing, he said and I quote:
"I'm tired of my kids crying. You wanted me to jump off a bridge, I finally did," Bonds told reporters Tuesday, shortly after returning to training camp. "You finally brought me and my family down. ... So now go pick a different person."
In that statement, you = the media. In that statement, he's saying the media contributed to him sitting out.

He's a whiny, cheating, bitch. Lest he forget it was the same media that voted him for MVP 7 times.
Vetiria
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Vetiria »

You're reading more into it that he's saying. Thee's plenty of things to slam on Bonds about, there's no reason to take from a statement something that isn't there.
Last edited by Vetiria on March 23, 2005, 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vetiria
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Vetiria »

Winnow wrote:Yes, when his trainer says it is. Unless Barry employes idiot trainers that aren't looking out for his wellbeing.
That's the Giant's trainer, not Bonds's.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Vetiria wrote:You're reading more into it that he's saying. Thee's plenty of things to slam on Bonds about, there's no reason to take from a statement something that isn't there.
The point I'm making is that Bonds is not only attributing his upcoming absence to his knee, but also to the media hounding him.

Thing is, the media wouldn't be hounding him if he hadn't:
  • Used steroids
  • Lied about it
  • Been involved in a Grand Jury investigation
  • Had his mistress come out and say that she'd seen him using steroids
  • Provide said mistress with unaccounted for income (which might result in an IRS investigation
The point I'm making is that Bonds wants to blame the media when he is accountable for every bad thing that's happened to him.
Vetiria
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Vetiria »

Like I said, you're taking something from his statements that aren't there. The media may be one of his reasons he quits, if he does quit. He's not blaming them for him being out from the knee surgery.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Barry Bonds is the posterboy for much of what is wrong with professional sports--the special treatment, lack of caring about the game, lack of leadership--the list goes on. So he wants to be a martyr now? Excellent, WAY TO GO you poor sad misunderstood bitch, Bonds.
en kærlighed småkager
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

Vetiria wrote:
If it's a scope and it's watch closely by the best doctors available, 6 weeks is very realistic. There's nothing natural about what players are asked to do regularly so they are watched extremely closely.

And if anything think Bonds is going to retire w/ $38 more mil on the table, they are buying into his little fairytale that he's a victim. He is hurt, he got a minimally invasive procedure, and you'll see him in about six weeks pending complications. He managed to get people to talk about anything but his steroid use. It was a very calculated appearance.
Vetiria
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Vetiria »

That was the 2nd time on that knee he had the procedure done though. There were complications from trying to move too quickly so they're slowing it down a bit. Personally, I think he was just a bit depressed and down from all the recent steroids/mistress/tax stuff. He probably won't sit out the entire season, but 6-8 weeks is not out of line.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Vetiria wrote:That was the 2nd time on that knee he had the procedure done though. There were complications from trying to move too quickly so they're slowing it down a bit. Personally, I think he was just a bit depressed and down from all the recent steroids/mistress/tax stuff. He probably won't sit out the entire season, but 6-8 weeks is not out of line.
We have a bonafide Bonds apologist! Must have him in a fantasy league or something!
Voronwë
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Voronwë »

lets not forget the IRS investigating his payments to his mistresses home mortgage.

THE MEDIA HAS IT IN FOR BARRY.

NONE OF THESE SITUATIONS WERE OF HIS CREATION!!!!

Bonds is a bitch.
Vetiria
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Vetiria »

Winnow wrote:We have a bonafide Bonds apologist! Must have him in a fantasy league or something!
No, not an apologist. I just don't like seeing people get slammed unnecessarily. There are plenty of things to slam on him for, no reason to make one up.
Kelshara
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kelshara »

Not sure if I agree that he doesn't care for the game. For the rest.. eh.. probably.
Sueven
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Sueven »

Of course Barry Bonds is a bitch.

But.

It's clear that Barry was not on steroids during the entirety of his career. He was a quick healer with the Pirates and during his early days with the Giants. To claim that steroids are solely responsible for his recuperative ability is ludicrous.

There are other completely plausible explanations for why he would have a slower recovery process now than earlier in his career. Like, say, the fact that earlier in his career he was young, and now he's old?

However, I am sure that lack of steroids is a partial explanation for his slower recovery.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Sueven wrote: There are other completely plausible explanations for why he would have a slower recovery process now than earlier in his career. Like, say, the fact that earlier in his career he was young, and now he's old?

However, I am sure that lack of steroids is a partial explanation for his slower recovery.
It's covering up the fact that he's going to be looking like a toothpick compared to the last few seasons.

His head looks huge still. I think he's still juic'in it unless he's getting forehead injections like women get lip injections to keep up appearances.