EQ Fan Faire.. now with EQ2 Beta.

Everquest related info only here, quests, help, info, recruiting, etc.
Akaran_D
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

EQ Fan Faire.. now with EQ2 Beta.

Post by Akaran_D »

http://eqforums.station.sony.com/eq/boa ... redir=true
The far too wise Vannoth said:
1. We're still having Fan Faire in NO, hurricanes be damned.

2. We are going to give EQII beta access to each person who pre-registers for the Fan Faire, and the current plan is to give everyone their beta access on 10/11 when registration closes.

3. We are going to host a EQ Survivor (working title) tournament for 25 people who will be playing EQII for 48 hours solid, whoever gets the most xp in 48 hours wins. We will have fantastic prizes for the winner of this event, most likely a tricked out PC, possibly an uber TV and more.

That is all.
-V
If you can't make it to the FF, would you still register for a chance at the Beta?
Akaran of Mistmoore, formerly Akaran of Veeshan
I know I'm good at what I do, but I know I'm not the best.
But I guess that on the other hand, I could be like the rest.
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

I would not want to pay $80 to get into a beta. I would however, pay homage to Vannoth and give many VeeVee's to get in. Here's to hoping he can pull some strings to get some of the loyal EQers from Veeshan in! ;-)
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Also....I am wondering why they don't give a beta account to people who have pre-ordered EQ 2!
Tenuvil
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tenuvil »

I was under the impression that since Vannoth loved us so much he was going to give any VVers preferred treatment for EQ2 beta slots!

;)
Llaffer
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Llaffer »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:Also....I am wondering why they don't give a beta account to people who have pre-ordered EQ 2!
Since they only forked over $10 vs. $50 for Lords of Everquest or $80 for FF pre-registration.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Why people would pay money to be in a beta, where lets face it the majority of the people don't actually test and report issues like they are supposed to, is beyond me.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Tenuvil
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tenuvil »

I thought being in tons of game betas was some status symbol / chest pounding among the geek elite? One of the guys on the LOA forums would always boast about how many betas he has been in and how he knew each of the devs personally...come to think of it he did the same thing for music and bands too.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I think you've got close to a zero shot at EQ2 beta unless you've dished out cash for something or another like Lords of EQ, FF, Oddball contests, etc.

Beta testing these days isn't like it was when EQ first came out...which was kick ass back then btw! They don't care how much you actually contributed in the original EQ beta...it's all about the $$ now. I sacrificed many of hours of my time to make EQ better!

All is forgiven if I get an EQ2 beta acct!
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Llaffer wrote:
Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:Also....I am wondering why they don't give a beta account to people who have pre-ordered EQ 2!
Since they only forked over $10 vs. $50 for Lords of Everquest or $80 for FF pre-registration.

Yes....but we also puts in over $700 in buying the games and monthly fees didn'ts we precious? Yes...yes we paid precious. We also paid for Fan Fairs yes precious. Must have beta yessss
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Xatrei »

Winnow wrote:I think you've got close to a zero shot at EQ2 beta unless you've dished out cash for something or another like Lords of EQ, FF, Oddball contests, etc.
I've done none of those things, but am in the EQ2 beta.
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Mr Bacon
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Mr Bacon »

Xatrei wrote:
Winnow wrote:I think you've got close to a zero shot at EQ2 beta unless you've dished out cash for something or another like Lords of EQ, FF, Oddball contests, etc.
hi get me in~
miir and I are best friends. <3
IeailandDokktur
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by IeailandDokktur »

i want in also^^!!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Xatrei wrote:
You suck!

All if forgiven if I get into EQ2 beta though!
Tenuvil
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tenuvil »

You mean like judging costume contests and getting a BoW?

/duck
Tenuvil
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tenuvil »

Xatrei wrote:
Herbie Husker sez, "NDA!"