The Companions -- An everquest guild on Tribunal

Everquest related info only here, quests, help, info, recruiting, etc.
EndlissHealing
No Stars!

The Companions -- An everquest guild on Tribunal

Post by EndlissHealing »

The Companions is a high-end raiding guild on the Tribunal Server that raid at 6:30 GMT; 1:30 EST; 10:30 PST at least four days a week clearing Time, progressing in GoD and looking to progress in the forthcoming Omens of War Expansion.

Our recruitment Programme is currently open and re-flagging scheduled. We welcome applications from both experienced and inexperienced raiders with server-transfers and high level applicants being fast-tracked through recruitment.

If you would like to see high-end content and would welcome the challenge of regular raiding in a friendly and supportive guild atmosphere then please click on
http://board.eqcompanions.com/viewtopic.php?t=12019
this link to find out more.

Alternatively feel free to send one of our recruitment team a tell (;t tribunal.Sibapuyad/Ekquinox/Abbru or Endliss).

Thank you for your time and we look forward to raiding with you.

The Companions Recruitment Team

Note for board Moderators: Apologies if this post contravenes board or forum policies. The Companions fully supports movement to the relevant forum or removal if appropriate.
Endliss Healing
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

You're too late with that name. As you can see, the Companions on Veeshan have already conquered the high level content. Take note of the Rubicite Breastplate and Mith Bracers! Use a different guild name!

Image[wave][/wave]
Hesten
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Hesten »

Hmm, just in case a person dont wanna join any of the guild who offer the same ON OUR OWN SERVER, do your guild pay the persons 50$ transfer fee? :)
"Terrorism is the war of the poor, and war is the terrorism of the rich"
EndlissHealing
No Stars!

Post by EndlissHealing »

Winnow -- its the same guild from five years ago, some of our members did come from Veeshan, when the tribunal came out in august of 99 The Companions was created on The Tribunal.

Little historic backround for ya..
Endliss Healing
Jinadil
No Stars!

Post by Jinadil »

Haha, Winnow you got ownzored!~.......wait...
Jinadil Burtabi
Prophet of Sovereign
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

EndlissHealing wrote:Winnow -- its the same guild from five years ago, some of our members did come from Veeshan, when the tribunal came out in august of 99 The Companions was created on The Tribunal.

Little historic backround for ya..
Nice : ) Good luck with the recruiting!
Soesum
No Stars!

Post by Soesum »

Does anyone remember a monk named Belgalad?
"Ya like pain? Try wearing a Corset"
Tenuvil
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tenuvil »

Where the fuck is Tosari when we need him?
Midgen
Gets Around
Gets Around
XBL Gamertag: MidgenPlays

Post by Midgen »

Soesum wrote:Does anyone remember a monk named Belgalad?
"Belgalad" moved to Stormhammer and joined Knights of Zek for a while. He has since retired from EQ.

He sits a few cubes down from me here at the office, as do Bremynn and Kembina.

I'll tell him to stop by and say Hello.
Belgalad
No Stars!

Hi Soe. :)

Post by Belgalad »

Soesum wrote:Does anyone remember a monk named Belgalad?
Yeah, I remember him.

He was a squirelly guy with a penchant for training innocents (or more often his own group/guild) and 255 skill in "feign ignorance."

I hear he went to Stormhammer and became raid leader for Companions-like guild there, and finally retired as that guild was nearing the threshold of Time about 8 months ago.

Rumor has it that he became over-friendly with the guild leader of a rival guild (over strenuous objection from her then-husband) and they ran off ostensibly to live happily ever after--The caveat being that this would be impossible if either continued to play EQ. /tongue-in-cheek off.

Truth-Stranger-Than-Fiction moment aside, Midgen called me on my way home from work yesterday and said Soesum was asking about me. HEY YOU!!!

Good to see you're still around. Stormhammer was a lot of fun, but it was a different environment. There, the game stopped being social for me and became a relentless parade of acheivement. It sustained me for a while, but in the end, I burned out.

My best days in EQ remain those I spent with friends whose ambition never went far beyond finishing their epic or dinging level 60. My time in Companions was the twilight of that happy time.

I am not one of those people who typed /played very often in game. In fact, the day I quit was probably only the fourth time. When the EQ client spat that unholy number back at me, I realized I had subordinated my own best interests for those of the guild. I was always on. I rushed home from work to raid, and spent the drive on the phone with other guild officers planning the next event or gnawing on recruitment goals.

It took a pretty life-changing event for me to let it all go, and fortunately that is exactly what happened before I lost my job, my dog starved, or my family disowned me. :)

Ironically, if I'd stayed on Veeshan and just played with friends, I'd probably still be playing, albeit at a much more reasonable tempo.

So...Belgalad (in one form) is still on Veeshan. His name has been changed to protect the innocent. I moved him back when the account was given away. His new owner sounds like he's about 12 years old, and I imagine he's a third-string puller in some GoD guild or another because he's got a toon that's flagged for encounters he knows nothing about. :)

My other toon is still played by friends and is occasionally two-boxed for DPS. Again, the name was changed.

IRL, I'm engaged to marry a woman I met in EQ. I live vicariously through my coworkers who still play on Veeshan, and we still have many conversations about the old days (including our time in Companions.)

In any case, wanted to drop a "hi" to Midgen, Ghak, Tishia, Tosari, Hawk, Vormulag, Pupy, Majix, Sumnayyena, Ducru, Kiiyara, and Joyau, Fleure, Vrekim, Dalior, Miaya, Borena, Crickett, Ikkary, and especially Soesum. :)