Changes comming to PVP servers

Everquest related info only here, quests, help, info, recruiting, etc.
Akaran_D
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Changes comming to PVP servers

Post by Akaran_D »

Rytan_the_Wyrmlord, an EQ Designer, said:
I saw this on the other thread and realized I’d forgotten to mention the bounty system we’re considering adding. Here’s a quick break down.
-Players will be able to place a bounty on another players “head”. A % of this amount will be deducted from the purse as a broker’s fee.

-Any player can request the bounty using a new interface.

-The hiring player must accept the bounty hunter’s offer to complete the bounty.

-Any number of players can be assigned the bounty at any time, subject to the number of bounty hunters the hiring player accepts.

-The first player to kill the bounty will be rewarded the amount specified in the bounty.

-A list of available bounties, their amounts, and the hiring player will be available to all players. So you’ll know when someone orders a hit out on you.

-A running list of how many bounties you’ve completed will be kept, and a possibly a separate leaderboard for the top bounty hunters.

Originally we wanted to have a system where anyone could collect the bounty assigned by another player, but we realized that this would be easily exploited by having a friend kill you and collect the bounty. With this system it could still happen, but at least the hiring player has control over who can collect.

-Ryan
Akaran of Mistmoore, formerly Akaran of Veeshan
I know I'm good at what I do, but I know I'm not the best.
But I guess that on the other hand, I could be like the rest.
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Post by Siji »

Nice and all, but is there any kind of level limitation on collecting bounties? Or is that taken care of with some other kind of server rules?
Gemily
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Gemily »

woohooo would love to see Lloyd's face when a bunch of lowbies goes after him for the bounty, payback is soooo sweet on the murdering bastards :D :D :D :D :D
Drinsic Darkwood
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Drinsic Darkwood »

Sounds nice but seems kind of faulty to me. I don't play on a PvP server so I could be totally wrong but the only common bounties I'd expect to see would be from poorly-geared newbies who can't kill someone on their own ( or get their friends to help ), or some fairly rich person with nothing better to do that to place bounties on people's heads. The average player would either a.) kill the fucker themself or b.) save the money for something that actually improves their character.

I dunno, that's just how I see it.
Do unto others what has been done to you.
Tenuvil
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Tenuvil »

it's the SWG bounty system that never worked! Can missions with quasi-instanced content be far behind?