E3 - 2016

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

E3 - 2016

Post by Aslanna »

Soooon!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: E3 - 2016

Post by Winnow »

Specifically, the next Xbox (believed to be codenamed "Scorpio" but referred to internally as the Xbox One-Two) is targeted to run at 6 teraflops. If true, that represents more than a four-fold computational upgrade over the standard Xbox One. It would also mean the system is more than three times faster than the current PS4.

According to previous reports, the unannounced new PS4 (sometimes referred to as the PS4.5, or PS4K) will run just above 4.1 teraflops.

6 TERAFLOPS! vs 4.1 Teraflops

6 Terafloppage goodness would put it on solid VR capable ground most likely for this generation of VR at least.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

No context as to what this has to do with E3. You think it would fit better in the XBO thread.

The only 'new' XBO you'll see at E3 is the Slim one. I think that's why they made it so huge to begin with whereas Sony went "Slim" from day one. Oh that and like 40% of all 360's burned themselves up in a firery red ring of death.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:No context as to what this has to do with E3. You think it would fit better in the XBO thread.

The only 'new' XBO you'll see at E3 is the Slim one. I think that's why they made it so huge to begin with whereas Sony went "Slim" from day one. Oh that and like 40% of all 360's burned themselves up in a firery red ring of death.
Scorpio could be revealed at E3 this year, or possibly sometime prior to E3 2017, to start a push for the new unit until its eventual release later that year. It’s not clear at this stage if that was Microsoft’s plan all along, or if the recent PS4 Neo reports pressured it somehow.
There's still "speculation" as to what Microsoft announces at E3 so it counts! You can't stop the teraflop!

As for the power of the 1.5 versions of this generation, it looks like Sony may slide into that weak sauce slot if rumors pan out. Even more so if Xbox 1.5 can be upgraded.

It also appears that PSVR may run like crap on current PS4s but Sony will still sell existing consumers VR. Vive running at 90fps is brilliant with the proper power behind it. As has been discussed before, you don't want to cut corners with VR as VR sickness kicks in and that's not good for anyone.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Go troll some other thread

/ignore

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Sorry, I didn't know you had the definitive word on exactly what Microsoft is going to announce!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Leaks suck!

Dead Rising 4 looks to be on the way for people who like those sort of things. Probably be XBO/PC only. You'd think people would be tired of those games by now!

Watch Dogs 2 on the way also. Hopefully it turns out better.

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Watchdogs was so far off from what people expected of it that I can't imagine anyone of sound mind even considering buying it until reviews are in. Who knows though, it could end up being good.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Funkmasterr wrote:Watchdogs was so far off from what people expected of it that I can't imagine anyone of sound mind even considering buying it until reviews are in. Who knows though, it could end up being good.
I never played Watchddogs so I can't say. Apparently they "listened to feedback" though so a lot of people are hoping this is an Assassins Creed 2 situation. That is, the original idea was ok but ill-executed whereas the second version was much better.

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:Sorry, I didn't know you had the definitive word on exactly what Microsoft is going to announce!
Yeah. I'm sure they are going to announce a new, more powerful console, at the same time they are announcing a 'Slim" model that they hope everyone will buy. That makes great business sense!

Then again after seeing how Windows Phones have worked out so far you might be right. They don't seem very bright over in Redmond these days.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Sony Confirms PlayStation 4.5, Says More Powerful Console Won't Be At E3
Scorpio's 6 TERAFLOPS must have scared them off. Microsoft can bankrupt Sony in a vapor hardware Teraflop war! Sony's pride will kill them as they try to remain the most powerful console.

Now Microsoft can decide what they feel like announcing at E3. Mission accomplished.

Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

It didn't scare them off. I'm sure they had ZERO intention of mentioning it at E3. They want to keep selling PS4s and not have people not buy them while waiting on the next model. So if MS is smart, and there's debate on that, they'd have the same strategy. Then again they are already behind Sony by ~20 million units what do they have to lose.

We pretty much know what they will be announcing at E3: The 'Slim' version of the XBO. Which, by the way, isn't a hard thing to accomplish when something is the size of a 1970s VCR. Great design team those guys have! They should have sprung a few billion on that instead of buying Nokia.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:Great design team those guys have!

No this is a great design team!

Note: X-Box One is the ugliest console I've ever seen.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Winnow wrote: Note: X-Box One is the ugliest console I've ever seen.
Finally, something we can agree on.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

The XBO is more aesthetically pleasing than the phat PS3? Not sure I can agree. But carry on!

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

http://www.polygon.com/2016/6/10/119025 ... eo-e3-2016
The Xbox One is losing badly in the console race. That’s not surprising, as it was a bungled console from the start.
Duh!
Microsoft launched a console that was more expensive, less powerful and tried to sell the public on a version of the future that no one seemed to want.
Double duh!

Miscrosoft would have to be super dumb to say anything about the XBO-2 at E3 the same time they are announcing the Slim. Nobody will buy it.

Super dumb!

The ONLY way it could work out for them is if the Slim was 'upgradeable' in some fashion with the gpu module being able to be swapped out or something.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Xbox One is the ugliest console maybe ever made. I still can't believe someone thought that was a good design. It's not even the boxiness of it. It's the ridiculous mix of gloss and matte black. The PS3 isn't far behind but at least that just looks stupid with horrible USB port locations.

I know Microsoft was overly cautious about cooling after the Xbox 360 but they could have given even a boxy console a better, more unified appearance externally.

Curious how the slim will look. If it looks exactly like the Xbox One but slimmer then Microsoft has serious designer issues.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Some "Xbox One S", which is apparently the name, pictures leaked. Still looks too square/rectangular for my liking. And it's white. Seems racist!

Still zero interest from me. I doubt I will ever purchase another Xbox console. And for the most part there is no reason to as I have a PC. A 2TB drive is nice though so I'll give them that.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:Some "Xbox One S", which is apparently the name, pictures leaked. Still looks too square/rectangular for my liking. And it's white. Seems racist!

Still zero interest from me. I doubt I will ever purchase another Xbox console. And for the most part there is no reason to as I have a PC. A 2TB drive is nice though so I'll give them that.

If that turns out to be accurate:

- still dumb half and half exterior but looks a little better. The right side pattern should extend across the entire face.
- "streamlined controller" not sure what that means but if they fixed the cheap feeling bumpers it fixes the only flaw in the Xbox One controller
- 4K Video is OK but HDR is the notable part
- 2TB is finally a reasonable amount of space
- looks pretty small using the controller to gauge the size.

white > black when it comes to consoles and controllers

No mention of CPU/GPU enhancements but I'm sure there are at least minor improvements/revisions.

Will have to see if Microsoft can muster up some momentum with exclusives, etc.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Aslanna wrote:Miscrosoft would have to be super dumb to say anything about the XBO-2 at E3 the same time they are announcing the Slim. Nobody will buy it.
Guess I was wrong. I can admit it! I still think it was a mistake to mention Scorpio considering it's a year and a half away.

Super dumb!

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

It's been a whole lot of "who gives a fuck?" at E3 so far for me. If this was the initial launch of the new console cycle and not an updated version midway through, the Scorpio MIGHT have swayed me back to the Xbox as my primary console (unless the Neo ends up being just as good). But now that we're 2.5+ years into it and I've got a ton of PS4 games and almost none for the Xbox, it's just not enough - especially considering the price point is probably going to be high.

All of Microsoft's big games aside from Gears were pushed out of 2016, which is even worse. I agree they never should have talked about Scorpio at this point, but whatever. I also couldn't stand the way the Spencer guy talked, I wanted to punch him in the throat the entire time so I kept skipping ahead in the video to see if they mentioned anything worth listening to him for.

I was kind of let down by the Mass Effect footage they showed - if that's the best they can show at this point I don't have much confidence the game will be out early next year like it's supposed to be, which is frustrating. That and Persona 5 not being out in the US until Valentines day was a huge bummer for me too (even though they announced that before E3).

Yeah, all around a bunch of let downs for me around gaming, hopefully Sony has something cool to show.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Funkmasterr wrote:All of Microsoft's big games aside from Gears were pushed out of 2016, which is even worse.
Well that can't be. According to Winnow Microsoft NEVER delays a game!
Funkmasterr wrote:I also couldn't stand the way the Spencer guy talked, I wanted to punch him in the throat the entire time so I kept skipping ahead in the video to see if they mentioned anything worth listening to him for.
People seem to like him. Personally I think he's a phoney baloney.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:
Aslanna wrote:Miscrosoft would have to be super dumb to say anything about the XBO-2 at E3 the same time they are announcing the Slim. Nobody will buy it.
Guess I was wrong. I can admit it! I still think it was a mistake to mention Scorpio considering it's a year and a half away.

Super dumb!
It was a good move. The new slim Xbox One will compete well with whatever PS4 updated version eventually comes out and then Scorpio will dominate next year with no answer from Sony if the "Teraflop" performance between the two were accurate, Sony's next console doesn't even come close. I wonder if they'll be able to offer a competitive price/performance console to the Scorpio.

Microsoft seems to have a good handle on forward/backward compatibility and the One S is a very nice stop gap until Next year. I have a feeling Sony needs to rethink their next console now that it appears it would be much weaker than Microsoft's offering next year. I wonder how it even compared to the One S with 4K Blu Ray/HDR.

Sony's up next...the cowards that always go "second" in these events so they can scramble to adjust. Stay classy Sony! I think we'll see a ton on PSVR.

BTW, it was odd to see John Carmack with such a small brief appearance at the Xbox event. That guy is a genius/legend.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

6 minutes wasted on a song so far in Sony's event.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:Sony's up next...the cowards that always go "second" in these events so they can scramble to adjust. Stay classy Sony!
Do you know how dumb you sound when you make stupid comments like this?

If not, here's the answer: Very dumb.

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:6 minutes wasted on a song so far in Sony's event.
Not wasted. I assume it's in relation to a new God of War game.

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Aslanna wrote:Not wasted. I assume it's in relation to a new God of War game.
Nailed it!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Christ 17 minutes of Orchestra and God of War.

Who is this first speaker? He's horrible.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:Christ 17 minutes of Orchestra and God of War.

Who is this first speaker? He's horrible.
So far the first 30 minutes of the Sony conference beats the entirety of the Microsoft one.

Fact!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Wow only 1 hour 18 mins with hella long individual demos. WEAK
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Why drag things out like MS did with tons of third-party games? Focused and to the point.

Personally I thought it was better than the Microsoft one but hey I might be biased.

I'll let the internet decide but I have my own mind made up! You do you.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Specifically, if focusing on the two events, I preferred the one from Microsoft. They actually announced enhancements to Xbox Live, a solid hardware plan with a nicely enhanced "S" version releasing in two months and a true next generation console for the holidays 2017. With scaling, you can buy your game once and use it on Xbox or PC. If you decide to go balls out with a super high end PC system down the road, your already paid for game will be able to take advantage of it. If you can't afford a new console (if you can't you shouldn't be buying 60.00 games either!) you can still play a downscaled version on the original Xbox One.

Sony, as usual, was more about special effects and emphasized an orchestra, mentioning it way too much. They spent the first 20 minutes on music/God of War and then wasted a ton of time on Kujima's non announcement which probably wont be out until 2018. Wasted even more time on 10 year old Last Guardian (who gives a fuck about that game at this point, even the demo looked bad last year)

Good from both events:

-I like that Sony is emphasizing VR games with some high end titles even though their console is underpowered for it. It will help speed up VR adoption
-I like that Microsoft is actually waiting until they have a console powerful enough to handle good VR in 2017

-there were some nice exclusive games for both consoles but nothing overwhelming on either platform. Battlefield WW I looked the most interesting to me and that's available on either platform.

I haven't used either console over the past year except for Fallout IV on Xbox One. PC games look so much better. I have a PSVR pre-ordered and will probably pick up whatever Scorpio turns out to be. I'll do another review of the PSVR games and performance as we get closer to Oct 13 to decide whether to cancel that or not. I've already read that the originally PS4 really isn't powerful enough for it and I doubt I'll want to buy an underpowered PS4 "Neo" when a 6 TERAFLOP scorpio (vs rumored 4.2 PS4 neo) with Oculus Rift support is probably going to be the better choice.

In the meantime, if you have a 4K TV and like physical media (or Netflix 4K), Xbox One S looks like a good choice.

For those that still aren't on board with VR, you will be soon so if planning to utilize it with consoles, it does matter that Microsoft will have the console capable of both 4K and solid VR. I'd bet Microsoft is pissed about this generation and has done their homework both on the Xbox One S and Scorpio. Sony will have it's hands full in order to boost it's next gen console up to the range Microsoft has planned. It seems they underestimated the S and how powerful Scorpio would be and now must go back to the drawing board for...more internal delays. Sony has until this time next year to get those teraflops up! Hope they didn't already start manufacturing the Neo.

BTW, that Sony PS4 Event host was the worst ever. It seemed like he wanted to get the fuck out of there as soon as possible. They opened with a game not coming out this year, closed with (a second viewing of Days Gone after a long trailer and then demo later) of a game not coming out this year. They should have spent more time on PSVR unless they are worried that they pushed too hard and their current hardware will suck with it and now they have to revise/delay their "Neo" due to it being way to underpowered compared to Scorpio. They announced "revised" for PS4 versions of Crash Bandi-something (whoopee!) and the game that's actually coming out this year (Last Guardian) was announced so long ago people can't even remember.

But that orchestra was fucking great!
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

Sony brought it imo. The only weak part was all the VR stuff. Do not care, Pass. Also, Why the hell is Kojima suck a big deal again? After Phantom Pain last year and whatever they were showing this year, I'm always left kind of scratching my head.

A ton of interesting stuff to be sure. I may buy CoD this year. This space stuff appeals.

I was surprised that there was no indy support at all in the presser. Sony's been doing a lot for them in past years.

I watch the whole of the Microsoft one and I liked a TON of stuff there too. Loved that most everything had a release date of this year. Horizon 3 is a big + for me. The Play Everywhere Program is also great.

I watched the family friendly stuff with my kids and the custom controllers are a big hit. I have two designs saved under my Microsoft account for Xmas this year.

Sea of Thieves really resounded with them as well. That game is going to be something else.

They really need to stop bringing out Minecraft at these. You own it, we get it. The features they mentionned here also won't be on consoles until 2017. Big yawn.

Otherwise, I'm really looking forward to We Happy Few, ReCore and some of the Indy stuff. I may even consider trading in my Day One Edition for the One S is the GameStop value delta is ~ 100$.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Sony fucked E3 in the ass, blew a load on its face, and used Microsoft to clean it up.

While Scorpio was intriguing, there have been no games I've really wanted to get for my Xbox. I've turned it on twice since I stopped playing Halo, and both times I just looked at the store and shut it back off. How powerful the console is doesn't matter if I don't want any games for it, and I prefer the PlayStation platform (and have all of my games from this gen on it).

That being said I'll be interested to hear more about Neo, hopefully it's able fill a similar role.

I'm excited for Death Stranding, Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War looked amazing, The Last Guardian, and having Resident Evil 7 be on PS VR MIGHT be enough to get me to eat my words about being an early VR adopter. Persona 5 gets a mention even though it wasn't at E3.

I'm also looking forward to Final Fantasy 15, Ghost Recon, South Park, Mass Effect. This fall and winter is going to be nuts, it's been a while since this many things I wanted to play came out in such a short window.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I'm not going to directly respond to Winnow's post since it's filled with trolling. Obviously I am biased but to me personally I liked the Sony conference more. And from the comments I've seen elsewhere many people seem to agree. It was just game after game with hardly any talking. Will half of these be out in 2016? Probably not. But that doesn't make me any less excited for them and that's what E3 is about. The only slow part for me was the Call of Duty section but mainly that's because I don't play Call of Duty.

And as much as Winnow sarcastically criticizes the live orchestra it added a nice touch. The only good musical part about the Microsoft conference was this song which I dug for some reason. I'd be interested in hearing some of their other stuff but can't find any.

Microsoft was all in your face about "XBOX ONE AND WINDOWS 10 EXCLUSIVE" every chance they could get. Sony didn't do any of that this year. The only use of the word was once or twice during the VR stuff. I'm still of the opinion that exclusives aren't what they were. Show any exclusive you want, for Xbox or Nintendo, and that still won't get me to purchase the system if I have no interest in it. There are so many games out these days I don't think I'll miss anything by not playing them all. Choose your battles!

The timed exclusive shit needs to gtfo of the industry already. Regardless of which company is doing it. It pisses people off but hey, "free money" for the publisher I guess. The CEO probably needs a new car.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:It was just game after game with hardly any talking.
That's pretty much exactly what Microsoft did last year - almost all games so Sony copied them this year.

The problem i have with Sony's presentation is that it was very short and a lot of that was two demos and the orchestra (God of War and Days Gone twice!) more was wasted on Kojima's way way off in the future game.

So it was short and not many games, and of those game, hardly any releasing this year. Orchestra was OK but Sony is known for overdoing in on that stuff and in this case I think it was used as a diversion for lack of content and near release content and they didnt say a fucking thing about PSN while Xbox at least addressed some improvements to Xbox Live.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Just as a side, Ubisoft's E3 presentations are the best. Entertaining and informative.

They managed to be good even with the gay (I think intentional due to the shootings) dance team at the beginning. The Guy who introduced For Honor, got into character, etc.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:Just as a side, Ubisoft's E3 presentations are the best. Entertaining and informative.
And you complain about Sony demos. Ubisoft drags theirs on WAY TOO LONG. That Ubisoft conference didn't need to be 2 hours. A perfect example of "less is more" that Sony went with.

Did anyone not fall asleep during the Assassin's Creed movie segment/interview?

Anyway, spin it how you want but if one must 'win' E3, which I still think is a dumb concept, it had to be Sony this year. Again.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:
Winnow wrote:Just as a side, Ubisoft's E3 presentations are the best. Entertaining and informative.
And you complain about Sony demos. Ubisoft drags theirs on WAY TOO LONG. That Ubisoft conference didn't need to be 2 hours. A perfect example of "less is more" that Sony went with.

Did anyone not fall asleep during the Assassin's Creed movie segment/interview?

Anyway, spin it how you want but if one must 'win' E3, which I still think is a dumb concept, it had to be Sony this year. Again.
How did they win? Sony showed some good games. Microsoft showed some good games and also talked about nice upgrades to Xbox Live, new nicely enhanced Xbox One S and announced 6 Floppalicious Scorpio for Holidays next year. Win Microsoft.

GoD of War nice but similar to Tomb/Uncharted except not an open world, more linear (which is the only thing the guy would say about it after the event) I think the Orchestra bedazzled some people.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

They 'won' because they had a better conference. I'm not sure what is so hard to understand there.

As I said I'm not the only one to think so. The only people who don't are Xbox fanboys in denial!

Again, we need to move past there being a "winner". Everyone gets games no matter what console you have. Acknowledge and move on.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

At least I provide some reasons I think they "won". True fanboi just says "they won!" as most responses (Funk/Aslanna) say above.
Sony fucked E3 in the ass, blew a load on its face, and used Microsoft to clean it up.
They orchestra'd them FTW!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Cry more!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:Cry more!
I will! For some reason Sony spent a long time demoing a Zombie game (trailer and then later long demo) "Days Gone" that isn't unique and is easily countered by the Dead Rising 4 game on Microsoft's side (Dead Rising more fun with stuff you can do) Zombies are a burnout category atm.

Sony's demo's boring while Microsoft shows people having fun in multiplayer in their new Pirate game

For some reason, Sony went with a horrible host instead of that spin doctor guy with the fancy accent which made the few times someone spoke between demos annoying.

They should ave emphasized PSVR more but guessing they're embarrassed about the stupid look of their pink/blue ball controllers.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:Sony's demo's boring while Microsoft shows people having fun in multiplayer in their new Pirate game
Not sure if serious...

This was probably the most cringe-worthy part of the MS conference. Followed by the Minecraft one. I am not saying the game is (or isn't) bad but anyone who thought that was a good segment might be off their meds.

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Microsoft is obviously still doing things right for SOME crowd, I'm just not part of that crowd. I don't give a fuck about a clan system, TV on my console, integration with my PC, party/social games - it just doesn't matter to me. As far as changes go for PSN, really all I would like is to be able to change my PSN name, and organize my games and such in folders. I'm sure there are other small quality of life things I wouldn't mind, but those two things are really the only improvements I'd like to see.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote: Not sure if serious...

This was probably the most cringe-worthy part of the MS conference. Followed by the Minecraft one. I am not saying the game is (or isn't) bad but anyone who thought that was a good segment might be off their meds.
Minecraft was horrible and I mentioned it was off to have John Carmack as part of it. If it was just Minecraft demo vs Orchestra, Sony would get the win.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Aslanna wrote:
Winnow wrote:Sony's demo's boring while Microsoft shows people having fun in multiplayer in their new Pirate game
Not sure if serious...

Really? The Sea of Theives demo was a huge hit in my house, My kids had me rewind it 3 times. I thought it looked like they were genuinely having fun with the game.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Animalor wrote:Really? The Sea of Theives demo was a huge hit in my house, My kids had me rewind it 3 times. I thought it looked like they were genuinely having fun with the game.
To me the co-op "Let's Play" segments always seem phony baloney. Nobody talks like that! That's why I didn't like the Minecraft thing. And on the Ubisoft side they did the same thing numerous times. Ghost Recon Wildlands and that VR bird thing where you capture rabbits are ones that come to mind offhand but for some reason I thought there was at least one more.

--
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Aslanna wrote:To me the co-op "Let's Play" segments always seem phony baloney. Nobody talks like that! That's why I didn't like the Minecraft thing. And on the Ubisoft side they did the same thing numerous times. Ghost Recon Wildlands and that VR bird thing where you capture rabbits are ones that come to mind offhand but for some reason I thought there was at least one more.
I'm with you on the Minecraft things. Those always seem really hokey. I didn't ge the same vibe from the Sea of Thieves demo cause I've literally have had play sessions similar to that playing Crackdown, Sunset Overdrive and Destiny (all online) and more recently Goat Simulator(Xbox Live Gold freebie) with the kids on the couch.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Spencer: [excitedly] Did you see? Did you see [Phantom Dust]?

Polygon: I did see! Nick was very excited.

Spencer: I sent out a tweet three weeks ago where I said "[Microsoft Studios head of first-party publishing] Shannon Loftis just won E3." And that was when she showed me. She kept that thing hidden from me, and then she sprung it on me."
So a game they already announced (2 years ago!).. then cancelled (or at least killed the studio working on it).. then announced again was an E3 winner? Those Microsoft dudes are as delusional as their fans! I doubt many people even remember the original game.

--