E3 - 2015

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: E3 - 2015

Post by Aslanna »

If those were the highlights then there's no question that Sony CRUSHED it! To say otherwise is to just have blinders on and deny that the sky is still blue when you can't even see it. And it's nighttime.

It's funny how Winnow keeps ragging on Sony for having no First Party exclusives when MS isn't doing much better. And what they do have is just another iteration. Forza 6. Halo 5. Gears of War 4... At least most of the things Sony has on the radar aren't just another sequel. Uncharted 4 is about it and maybe Gran Turismo 7. Wake me up MS when you have a new and exciting IP like Horizon because apparently Sunset Overdrive didn't do it. What else you got? They got some interesting looking indies, like Cuphead, but according to Winnow those sort of games don't count.

In summary: Play what you want who cares what anyone else thinks.
Winnow wrote:My guess is the PC will get TR eventually not PS4. So Feb/March for PC release.
Doubtful. Or MS would definitely made a big stink about CONSOLE EXCLUSIVE. I'd say either early (Jan) 2016, after the holidays, or 6 months later like Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare, it comes out for PS4.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

You seriously just watched a cynics recap of the Microsoft presentation and think those were the highlights? Wow. You must take Fox News seriously as well.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Who said I was serious? And note the qualifier "if" in my post. You may want to bone up on your reading comprehension!

However I notice you didn't mention any of the other highlights. There must not have been any others!

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:their mega hit Uncharted fucked up in the demo so they had to go to the pre recorded video
Why Uncharted 4's action-packed demo began with 30 seconds of standing around

Bruce Straley, the game's co-director, recapped what exactly happened the day after the presentation. It begins straight away with the recap if you want to hear Straley describe what it's like when your game eats it during that kind of a close-up.

"Sheer panic, horrifying," Straley said.

What happened? Straley said he went out to the PlayStation stage in pitch dark with a stagehand carrying a stool — but no controller.

"I notice when I get out there, the controller's not where it's supposed to be, I'm like, uh-oh," Straley said.

""Now my brain's not working.""

You might remember there was a long pause after the lights went down and before the demo came up. That was Straley fishing for a DualShock 4.

"I dig into the well, I find a controller, OK we're good. It has a light on, the blue light's on, I start the game, the game starts, I'm like, cool. I sit on my stool," Straley said.

Whatever this controller was connected to, it wasn't the PS4 being displayed on the screen. Straley started manipulating the sticks and got ... nothing.

"Nate's supposed to move, I'm supposed to hit the analogue stick and he responds," Straley explained rhetorically. "This is gameplay, this is what happens when you're playing a game. Nothing happened!

That wasn't the only malfunction.

"Now my brain's not working," Straley joked. He grabbed a backup controller and it, too, was not working.

As this unfolded (or didn't) Neil Druckmann, the game's creative director, was backstage in a sweat. "I just start spinning," he said. "I didn't know what to do."

Ultimately, Straley figured it out. The controllers were operating a backup PS4. He tried pointing to that unit, but the control booth noticed the feed to it was playing the game and switched over. Straley restarted the demo, blew through it flawlessly, blowing away the crowd to finish out the night. All's well that ends well.

As I said, it was obvious to anyone with a brain, or at least eyes, that it didn't crash and was simply a controller issue. It was also a live demo and not a "pre-recorded video" so wrong yet again.

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Which games made a significant impression on you? Did any games actually lose hype that you may have had prior to this E3?

Nintendo

-Lost hype for Star Fox. It looks pretty bad. I look at games like Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon and I can't believe Star Fox is made by the same people. I was looking forward to it, but now It's a cheapie bin or buy 2 get 1 free purchase for me.
-Meanwhile, hype levels went off the chart for Super Mario Maker. Changing games on the fly? Holy shit. It looks fantastic. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psXWPU_qNoM
-Yoshi's Woolly World looked like a lot of fun, so that went into the must buy category for me.
-Fuck Amiibos. Just fuck those things.

Microsoft

-I'm excited about Tomb Raider. I really enjoyed the reboot and can't wait to get my hands on the sequel.
-Cuphead might be my favorite trailer from E3 2015 to show people. The art style is off the charts and leaves such a great impression.
-I've been looking forward to Below since it was announced last year. It's shaping up to be a lot of fun.
-Most of the indie games MS showed attracted my interest.
-The Rare Collection seems like a lot of bang for the buck. $30 for 30 games and many of them have high replay value.

Sony

-Uncharted 4 may have been the best looking console game at the show, and that's saying a lot because overall the graphics took a big jump this year.
-No Man's Sky is quite the experiment. I look forward to messing around with it, but I'm not sure how long the legs will be. It looks like it might get repetitive. I want a release date soon.
-First party output is pretty thin for Sony this, but I plan on buying all of my multiplatform games on this console, so I have tons of games to look forward to this year.

The Rest
-For the first time ever, I'm not really thrilled about CoD. It's been years since I bought any map pack DLC and I'm not going to start anytime soon either. Everything being future oriented has made them blend together a bit too much for my liking. I'll get the game, but it may not be a Day 1 purchase for me this year. Well, it has zombies, so who am I kidding?
-Halo 5 looks like another Halo. I like Halo games, so I guess I'll get it. I'm not chomping at the bit or anything over it though.
-Star Wars Battlefront, on the other hand, I am about as hyped as one could be. I've loved everything about this game that I have seen and it looks beautiful.
-Forza 6 looks nice, but I'll only buy technical racers on sale or in GOTY packages...also on sale. I just don't play them enough to warrant a full purchase price.
-Metal Gear Solid V is part of a franchise that never really grew on me. Cheapie bin game.
-I want to like Rainbow 6: Siege but the idea of talking over every single detail of a raid via voicechat with strangers makes me want to shoot myself in the face.
-I already Preorderd the Fallout 4 Pip-Boy edition. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H86cZwjdGwU Yes, I will play the game with this on my wrist with the ios app. One of my most anticipated games by far.
-Just Cause 3 could be my most anticipated game of December, trumping Xenoblade Chronicles which I have been keen on for over a year. If this feature trailer doesn't get you excited, then maybe this isn't the hobby for you! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x1q7wY0koE

I skipped over a lot of games, but I'm not going to make a note for every single game. I think my tally was around 65 for games that I want someday that were shown at this E3. Overall, I thought this was the best E3 in years.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

No Horizon Zero Dawn mention? Were you sleeping through that or just have so little interest you didn't even bother to list it? E3 Game of Show as far as I'm concerned.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Pretty poor planning not to at least test the controller before a demo. "the annoyingly bright blue light is on. Must be ok!" Nice to hear it wasn't pre-recorded. The guy must be really good at the game or the game is too easy. TR 2013 felt more like playing a game with RPG elements than playing a movie.

The Uncharted demo reminded me of an arcade game I played in 1983:

Dragon's Lair

People, including myself back in 1983, were wow'd by the graphics. Since it was entirely scripted, it looked like animation (which it was) rather than the pac-man type graphics every other game had at the time. It also didn't get much replay value and of course was repetitive when you failed, trying to hit the right keys/timing in the same sequence over and over.

Watching the Uncharted demo gave the illusion of choice driving down the hill but the chaser truck always showed up in the same parts no matter how you drove. Drake could probably have stopped and ate a burger halfway down the mountain and the chaser truck would be waiting to pop out of the same side road in the next scripted pop out part in the road.

Tomb Raider had a few dumb scripted sequences of it's own, mostly the sliding down a mountain moving left/right to avoid being impaled parts but as I recall, there were only a few times where I had to use a specific weapon in a certain part, otherwise, I could use my weapon of preference that I had leveled up to do my damage.

With Tomb Raider focusing more on actual tomb raiding/puzzles this round, it looks like the more entertaining choice for brain users while Uncharted is more of a summer blockbuster flick.

I'm sure anti Microsoft people will be happy to hear that Tomb Raider will be released the same day Fallout 4 is released so they can get all excited about the initial sales numbers. Uncharted 4/Sony, more desperate for sales, artificially pushed their game release to march 2016. Sony is all about marketing and I see why they did it. For some, the anticipation of an upcoming planned vacation is better than the actual vacation itself.

Maybe some will learn from the past through and see how quality game keeps selling over time as did TR 2013. There is some value to the story in these games. With Uncharted I could care less. Drake is some guy that I'm surprised I even know his name while Lara Croft has quite a history and her origin story beginning 2013 and continued in 2015 release is compelling.

Lara's new origins story has more of a feeling of a survivalist which ends up being more interesting than gung-ho can't die Drake. The story can make a big difference as Witcher 3 has brought to light, keeping me playing that game even if, like all games, the combat gets tiring, Witcher 3 keeps you playing because all aspects of the main story and side quests are interesting.

TR is as much a copy of Uncharted as Uncharted is of Gears of War (read up on it!)

Uncharted lifetime: 21 Million
Gears of War: 22 Million (won't mention Halo's numbers (~63 million) to keep it at least close)
[Show]
Uncharted 1: the best looking game on PS3 at the time, the exclusive TPS rivaling Gears, and one of the only acclaimed PS3 games and exclusives at the time.

Uncharted 2: Its reviews and awards both coincided well with the PS3 becoming $299 and its multiplayer gave it legs

Uncharted 3: actually a bigger name at this point, became a focal point at E3, and was advertised with Subway. In a crowded holiday season it was the PS3's biggest exclusive and was given the most advertising to by Sony.
Sony pimps Uncharted hard for good reason. TR will most likely end up being the better game with Uncharted being the flashier (Sony movie preview ad supported) game. As for any slight graphics advantage, who cares? The recent asian MMO's I play absolutely blow the fuck out of WoW and yet people still play WoW. The issue there is Korea doesn't even bother releasing their games in the U.S/Europe anymore or do so years later. The U.S. is an also-ran when it comes to MMOs these days.

Nice to see Microsoft isn't afraid to support a strong female lead character which traditionally sells less than a male lead. (Grats copycat Horizons!)
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I swear I get a little dumber each time I read one of your rambling posts. I need to stop while I'm ahead.

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Aslanna wrote:No Horizon Zero Dawn mention? Were you sleeping through that or just have so little interest you didn't even bother to list it? E3 Game of Show as far as I'm concerned.
That game is a year+ away from release. There were tons of games that were announced that I was thrilled about that I didn't mention, but instead I tried to focus on games I can play sooner rather than later.

My Games Workshop inner geek is jizzing over all the games coming out, but I need more info on all of them.

Focus had 2 great titles that I cannot wait to hear more details on, but their E3 showing was anything but main stage.

Space Hulk: Deathwing

-Reveal Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNT8LQnImiI
-Trailer from earlier this year: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YROOgLD-wtU
-E3 offscreen in-game footage. I mean, why bother?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQhSiAKdBxM

Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

Teaser from earlier this year: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dot-EdnkIkM
E3 offscreen in-game footage. Once again, why bother at all?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmBj89O2OW4

GamesHQ is making Warhammer End Times: Vermintide, which looks cool. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1rdqUZlx7s

Also, Mordeim is still in early access only on Steam. I wish they would complete this game already: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqi7lVl7xfI

At least I got an updated Bloodbowl 2 trailer containing campaign info: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAS-pDTeejI
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Fairweather Pure wrote:
Aslanna wrote:No Horizon Zero Dawn mention? Were you sleeping through that or just have so little interest you didn't even bother to list it? E3 Game of Show as far as I'm concerned.
That game is a year+ away from release. There were tons of games that were announced that I was thrilled about that I didn't mention, but instead I tried to focus on games I can play sooner rather than later.

There are some other concerns about Horizon as well. Here's what we know:
Guerrilla Games worked on the game for four and a half year. After Killzone 3 twenty developers starting to work on it. They created concepts and prototypes. After Shadow Fall was shipped, the “big team” joined, and after a year and a half they are at the stage we saw yesterday.

This is “by far” the biggest game Guerrilla has ever made.

The game is set a thousand years after the apocalypse.

Eloy, the main character is a machine hunter, she’s about twenty year-old and she’s one of the best hunters of her tribe.

There’s a lot of strategy involved in finding out how to defeat the machines.

Defeating the machines lets you gather resources to craft new weapons, ammo and tools.

The game is a seamless open world, there are a large variety of machines, from small like the Watchers to enormous like the Longnecks.

The demo is running on PS4, and is pre-alpha.

Guerrilla games always tries to make benchmark games for visuals on PlayStation platforms, but they don’t want to go backwards just because it’s open world, they want to improve graphics. A game like this is much tougher in memory and GPU, so they have been pushing the technical artists to the max.

Having made an engine for Killzone: Shadow Fall was good for this game too. Prototypes used even Killzone 3 assets. After shipping Shadow Fall, the studio had its own PS4 engine, and a very mature one at that, but then had to implement streaming, and it took a lot of effort to set that up properly, especially with this amount of detail and content. Yet, now the game is running, and the studio wants to build it further up.

The game’s RPG elements include hunting the machines for resources (beginning with smaller ones to then be able to fighting bigger ones). Crafting is a key component of the game. The game has also “a lot” of quests.

The game is “a new horizon” for Guerrilla Games, and they hope to build it in “a fantastic franchise.” What we’re seeing now is just the tip of the iceberg. There’s “so much more stuff” Guerrilla is going to reveal in time, and they’re really looking forward to show more.
First scary thing that sticks out to me: Gorilla Games

Here's their game list:

Killzone Shadow Fall - PlayStation 4 (2013)
Killzone: Mercenary - PlayStation Vita (2013)
Killzone HD - PlayStation 3 (2012)
Killzone Trilogy - PlayStation 3 (2012)
Killzone 3 Multiplayer - PlayStation 3 (2012)
Killzone 3 - PlayStation 3 (2011)
Killzone 2 - PlayStation 3 (2009)
Killzone Liberation - PlayStation Portable (2006)
Killzone - PlayStation 2 (2004)
ShellShock: Nam '67 - multi-platform (2004)

Yikes. Forgettable games.

Horizons using Killzone assets doesn't sound promising either. This company may not have the chops to produce a good game. If you're going by track record, this is definitely a wait and see. I wouldn't make this game of the show the same as The Last Guardian shouldn't have been considered 5 years ago.

For 2015 release date games, Tomb Raider, Fallout 4 or even Battlefront are good choices.

Best independent game hales from Xbox One and Steam: Cuphead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TjUPXAn2Rg
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

"Gorilla Games" lol. At least spell their fucking name right. Especially when it's in the shit you're quoting.

As far as Cuphead goes. While the aesthetics are cool the actual gameplay sounds lame. Good for people who like hard/frustrating games though. Knock yourself out!

Not only that but it is an "Indie" game. Why are you even mentioning it? Oh yeah because it's on Xbox yet when PlayStation has an "exclusive" indie game you find 10 ways to dismiss it.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I suppose if it was a company that mattered I'd pay more attention to the spelling. I specifically mentioned Cuphead because I find it entertaining to do so. All of the "great" reasons Sony marketing pimped for the PS4 to sell it years ago it are fun to poke fun at. Non existent exclusives, delayed exclusives, "indie" games for gamers that really aren't better on the PS4. Sony is great at marketing. They better hang on for dear life to their couple frames per second while they can. Most likely that will be shored up with DX12.

I'm happy to see great games released on any platform but the Sony marketing hype being sucked in by the masses is sad to see. A pre-alpha game from a crappy track record game developer is game of the show? People should have learned their lesson by now from Sony and hyped games with vague release dates.
Xbox One:

The Xbox One is adding backward compatibility for some Xbox 360 games, through a combination of downloads and physical disc checks. The feature will be available later this year.

A new controller, called the Elite, looks impressive but will cost $150.
Halo 5 is the Xbox One exclusive blockbuster to beat, even if the last few games in the series suffered from Halo fatigue. A new Gears of War game, due in 2016, adds to the exclusive list -- along with an Xbox One remaster of the original game, coming later this year.

Minecraft, the insanely popular building game now owned by Microsoft, made a strong case for the company's HoloLens augmented-reality technology.

Hot off announcing a partnership with virtual-reality upstart Oculus Rift last week, Microsoft doubled down and committed to working with Valve's rival VR platform as well.

Fallout 4 on the Xbox One will have access to the same player-created add-on content that PC gamers have enjoyed for years, potentially extending the life of the game. (It's possible that feature may find its way to the PS4, too -- eventually.)

Indie games got only a nod, but Cuphead, created by two Canadian brothers, was an instant cult favorite.

Briefly mentioned, or not at all: Windows 10 gaming, new Kinect games or features, the second-screen SmartGlass app.

While not highlighted at the press conference, Microsoft revealed a totally overhauled Xbox One dashboard that will hit the console before the end of the year, too.

PS4:

A long-dormant PlayStation 3 game, The Last Guardian, made a surprise appearance. It will be resurrected for the PS4 in 2016.

The company highlighted games that feel more creative and less commercial, such as Dreams and No Man's Sky.

Sony promoted the Kickstarter campaign to help classic game creator Yu Suzuki fund the development of Shenmue 3. (Shenmue was a cult favorite '90s game series that originally debuted on the Sega Dreamcast.) Gamers responded, driving the funding campaign well over its $2 million goal just hours later.

The announcement that another classic, Final Fantasy VII, is getting a modern makeover, was greeted by an enthusiastic fan response.

Morpheus, the Sony virtual-reality system, had more VR games to demo than anyone else, and the headset works with a standard PS4 console, so it may have a lower buy-in cost than other VR systems.

PlayStation Vue, the just-launched streaming TV service, got a brief (albeit vague) promise of a la carte channels coming soon. It's also expanding to Los Angeles and San Francisco, bringing it into five total markets in the US.

Briefly mentioned, or not at all: PS Vita (confirming tough times for dedicated gaming handhelds), new original programming for Sony's PlayStation Network (like Powers, which Sony touted in a big way at last year's show).
Seems a lot of Sony's announcements were announcing exclusive content for games available on both platforms while Microsoft announced backward compatibility and being able to use Mods on the most highly anticipated game: Fallout 4.

Sony's big cheers were for Last Guardian (5 year old game), a remake (FF7) and a kickstarter game sequel.

It also looks like Microsoft 360/PC games will have the edge for VR having partnerships with both Oculus and Steam VR.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:the Sony marketing hype being sucked in by the masses is sad to see.
Ahaha!

Nah. The masses are being sucked in by the better console. It's no wonder Sony won E3 and why a lot of the companies have gone with the PS4 as their development platform.

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Top 20 most viewed E3 trailers on YouTube (currently):
Star Wars: Battlefront – Multiplayer Gameplay – 9,401,300
Final Fantasy VII Remake (PlayStation Channel) – 8,570,506
Destiny: The Taken King – 6,153,807
FIFA 16 – 4,963,515
Assassin’s Creed Syndicate (US) – 4,023,101
Mass Effect: Andromeda – 3,081,945
Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End – 2,599,498
The Last Guardian – 2,477,316
Halo 5 Guardians (Warzone) – 1,990,936
Need for Speed – 1,950,748
Horizon: Zero Dawn – 1,921,166
Star Wars: The Old Republic – Knights of the Fallen Empire – 1,898,423
DOOM – 1,882,006
Dishonored 2 – 1,858,757
Star Wars: Battlefront Mission – 1,719,669
Star Wars: Battlefront Mission (PlayStation Channel) – 1,574,499
Mirror’s Edge: Catalyst – 1,362,813
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands (Europe) – 1,306,730
Call of Duty: Black Ops III (PlayStation Channel) – 1,222,509
Hitman (PlayStation Channel) – 1,088,519
I count 3 PS4 exclusives.

Only one of those is an XBO exclusive. /sad face

Proof that Sony won E3 this year. You can't argue with facts!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

You could also count the number of clicks on Wal-Mart's site compared to some other site and come to the conclusion that Wal-Mart is the best store in the world!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Best Console. Best Exclusives. Best Multiplatform games. Best E3. You can't fault people for going with the winning product: PlayStation!

It's funny how you criticize Sony's marketing yet you eat Apple's shit up with a spoon and then ask for seconds.

--
Kilmoll the Sexy
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: bunkeru2k

Post by Kilmoll the Sexy »

You two idiots can ruin anything. This Sony vs MS stupidity is less entertaining than watching retards in a slap fight.

With that being said, the news for Fallout is top of the list. If this ends up multiplayer co-op, I am probably going to have to quit my job.

Anything CoD can lick me from shaft to taint.....if they want a good CoD then they should remaster MW1 and perma ban the hackers.

Ghost Recon looked stellar. Seige looked good...and is going to come with RS:Vegas 1 and 2. Not earth shattering but a bonus....

Everything else was kind of just meh.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Kilmoll the Sexy wrote:You two idiots can ruin anything. This Sony vs MS stupidity is less entertaining than watching retards in a slap fight.
Someone has to balance out Winnow's batshit crazy loony tunes posts. I'm fine taking that challenge. Maybe if he get's over the attitude that everything he champions is simply the best no matter what we can make progress. Until then I'll continue to fight stupid with stupid. The difference being mine is pretend!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Most Overhyped: Horizon Zero Dawn

Some article has the producers comparing this game as a mix between GTA V and Skyrim. Sure! pick two of the most successful games of all time and call your game a mix of the two. Overhyped? Check!

Best Game being released this year: Fallout 4 (Xbox One with Mod integration)

Game you'll wait longer for than the Duke Nuke'em 3D sequel and will suck just as bad: The Last Guardian (PS4)
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:Most Overhyped: Horizon Zero Dawn

Some article has the producers comparing this game as a mix between GTA V and Skyrim. Sure! pick two of the most successful games of all time and call your game a mix of the two. Overhyped? Check!

Best Game being released this year: Fallout 4 (Xbox One with Mod integration)

Game you'll wait longer for than the Duke Nuke'em 3D sequel and will suck just as bad: The Last Guardian (PS4)
I present this as Exhibit A.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

An opinion piece. It that frowned upon? Is there a company boring line I'm supposed to follow?

Funny how Sony didn't mention Playstation NOW at all in their conference. I wonder why! Nice to go second to hide your faults or rag feed off earlier presentations. Bold!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

The nominees are in for the best games shown at E3 2015, with Electronic Arts and Sony (or its first-party studios) taking 11 nominations each and Star Wars Battlefront picking up five by itself.
Grats on the nominations, Sony. Proof that you CRUSHED it this year.

--
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

Aslanna wrote:
The nominees are in for the best games shown at E3 2015, with Electronic Arts and Sony (or its first-party studios) taking 11 nominations each and Star Wars Battlefront picking up five by itself.
Grats on the nominations, Sony. Proof that you CRUSHED it this year.
<troll>Will the awards be given in 2017-2018 when those game actually come out? </troll>

In all fairness, they did put on a great show. :)
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

[quote]More than 21 million viewers tuned in to Twitch earlier this month to check out E3. These are nearly double the number of last year's viewers. Twitch revealed these staggering statistics yesterday along with other insights. Twitch's coverage included live press conferences from Microsoft, Sony and other big companies that preceded the official start of the conference. With that out of the way, now we get to the most interesting part. So who do you think had the most popular press conference?

Twitch said events from Microsoft and EA attracted the most viewers at any single time. They beat out Sony, Bethesda, Square Enix and Ubisoft easily. While Twitch didn't provide specifics, they said that overall concurrent viewership peaked at 840,000 during these two events. Considering that Microsoft led mine share during E3, it's not surprising that they along with EA were the most popular. [/quote]

Awww, I guess some Sony fans must have nodded off during The Last Guardian demo and knocked over thier PCs disconnecting them from the Sony stream. Not fair! They were awake at the start and should count!
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

It makes perfect sense that Twitch numbers would be higher for MS since the Xbox has a dedicated Twitch app. That's a rather skewed perspective IMO.

I think a better measure of console interest would be sales numbers. Does anyone have any specifics on that? I'm curious how those numbers stack up. Hardware and software, of course.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Fairweather Pure wrote:It makes perfect sense that Twitch numbers would be higher for MS since the Xbox has a dedicated Twitch app. That's a rather skewed perspective IMO.

I think a better measure of console interest would be sales numbers. Does anyone have any specifics on that? I'm curious how those numbers stack up. Hardware and software, of course.
Like stocks, this is forward looking!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Just more false advertising from Microsoft. I guess that's to be expected. Glad they are being called out on it!
Nearly everyone who used the hardware remarked on the limited field of view, and it's one aspect of the technology Microsoft has been loath to address in official videos and marketing, but we're past the point it could get away without showing what the hardware is actually like to use.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Already was aware of the limited field of view. It's an AR device, not a VR device. It's not meant to totally envelope your vision.

It should be compared to whatever Magic Leap eventually releases and even Google Glass.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I think everyone is aware of what sort of device it is. The issue is what they were showing at E3 isn't what someone actually using it would be seeing. False advertising! But I guess marketing and buying out other companies is what MS is good at.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

It's impossible to show exactly what someone would see, just like it's impossible to explain or demonstrate VR headsets without someone actually using one. They did a great job of at least giving an idea of what it's like.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:It's impossible to show exactly what someone would see, just like it's impossible to explain or demonstrate VR headsets without someone actually using one. They did a great job of at least giving an idea of what it's like.
Yet they were able to do it just fine in the recent video they put out?

Well isn't that strange. Microsoft doing the impossible yet again!
For example, this is what the HoloLens marketing likes to show you.
[video!]
While the person wearing the headset sees something very different. Microsoft is finally releasing video of what you see through the headset, and it tells a very different story.
[more video!]
Try again Microsoft apologist!

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:
Aslanna wrote:
Regardless, even if it DID crash (it didn't) it's still a year out. And will crush whatever sales Tomb Raider happens to have.
Uncharted 3 sales: 6.6 Million
Tomb Raider 2013 sales: 8.5 Million

Tomb Raider will gain more sales for Xbox than already exclusive Uncharted will for PS4.

Just sayin.
Teehee.. Hey Winnow, can we get an update on this please?

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:Best independent game hales from Xbox One and Steam: Cuphead
Haha! Cuphead still isn't even out. And no mention of it on the horizon. Ha get it.. HORIZON? Zing!

And it's not 'hales'...
TLG got much better reviews than DN. It did better than a bunch of XBO exclusives, actually. How does that feel?!

Also, still waiting to see those TR sales in comparison to U4.

--
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Spang wrote:For Honor gave me a partial.
This game was not as fun as it looked.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Spang wrote:
Spang wrote:For Honor gave me a partial.
This game was not as fun as it looked.
Yeah, at first I really liked the beta/demo. No dedicated servers is a big negative, but the thing that started to grate on me the most was that literally every time I was about to kill someone, they ran away to go hide behind a team mate and then it was 2 on 1. That and the microtransaction shit is way too heavy handed, and even though you'll be able to "buy" the new characters from the DLC with in game currency, it seems like it will be unrealistic for most people, and that's a problem.

Playing Nioh and loving it, though.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

For Honor wasn't something I was interested in but it sucks for people who were interested and aren't finding it fun.

Nioh! All those PS4 exclusives keeping it real. Not long now for Horizon.

--
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

I was very glad that I was able to "try" For Honor in the closed/open betas. I was really looking forward to it, but there just wasn't enough to keep me on the bandwagon.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:For Honor wasn't something I was interested in but it sucks for people who were interested and aren't finding it fun.

After watching part of an hour game play video, Horizon doesn't look that great either. I didn't watch the whole thing because it was putting me to sleep.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Well you'll know soon enough, I think the review embargo gets lifted next week.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:
Aslanna wrote:For Honor wasn't something I was interested in but it sucks for people who were interested and aren't finding it fun.

After watching part of an hour game play video, Horizon doesn't look that great either. I didn't watch the whole thing because it was putting me to sleep.
I'm sure for every 9 positive reviews there will be one negative one. And those are the ones you'll rush here to paste like it is some kind of victory or something. Either way it looks better than any recent XBO exclusive. Oh wait there hasn't been any!

Funny you were all about those yet go radio silent when XBO is wandering around in a game desert. PS4 is where the games are. It's like an oasis of games. So refreshing!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Exclusives are one thing. Good exclusives would be the sub category to look at.

Even with non exclusive games, I'd be looking at what platform console exclusive GOTY shoe-in Red Dead Redemption will look best on. Right now I'd place my bets on whatever final name the Scorpio is called (hopefully not "Pro" version with an extra cake layer on top of it!)

Games like Red Dead are what make or break a console experience.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

lolz. Now we have to look at "sub categories"!

RDR2 will be fine wherever it is just like RDR was.

--