E3 - 2015

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

E3 - 2015

Post by Aslanna »

Soooooon!

I really hope there aren't as many leaks of games before the event like there was last year. Leakers suck.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Re: E3 - 2015

Post by Fairweather Pure »

No real leaks to speak of yet. Sadly, this may be in large part because there isn't much to leak. There are less games than ever and fewer surprises in what will be announced.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Way to be a Debbie Downer.

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I'll be happy if proven wrong. I always enjoy E3 surprises.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I hear Sony is going to have twice as many spotlights and special effects in the theater they present in this year. There will be waves of blue lights that sweep over the crowds that have been given blue LED wrist bands to synchronize with the music and dancers there to distract from the lack of first party games for the PS4.

Only leak I've seen is possibly Microsoft having picked up the rights to the Silent Hill franchise.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Hoping for some Morpheus news out of Sony and Hololens game info from Microsoft. Maybe some Steam Vive info as well since that will be the first VR headset out.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:I hear Sony is going to have twice as many spotlights and special effects in the theater they present in this year. There will be waves of blue lights that sweep over the crowds that have been given blue LED wrist bands to synchronize with the music and dancers there to distract from the lack of first party games for the PS4.
That's funny. How many First Party releases from Microsoft did we/will we see this year? According to Wikipedia here are the 2015 XBO retail releases:

Forza Motorsport 6 - Take FM5, add some new cars and call it a day. Maybe add some more crazy 'microtransactions' as well!
Halo 5: Guardians - Legit game.
Rise of the Tomb Raider - Not even first party!
ScreamRide - I know 0 people who have played this. I imagine it tanked in sales. Only claim to fame is it beat The Order on Metacritic.
State of Decay: Year-One Survival Edition - Isn't this mostly just a port of the 360 version? Spruced up a bit but not groundbreaking.

Yeah a real deluge of fist party titles there. And RotTR isn't even First Party MS is just publishing it and it will probably come to PS4 in 2016 although no big loss if it doesn't since the previous TR game was a snooze fest.

Either way, I am glad I didn't buy a console simply for the First Party exclusives. My PS4 is happily playing Destiny just fine. I am sorry that you have an inferiority complex about your preferred inferior console but you need to move on.
Only leak I've seen is possibly Microsoft having picked up the rights to the Silent Hill franchise.
That's a rumor not a leak. And MS has already denied it. Or maybe they are JUST BEING TRICKSY?!
Ian Manor ‏@GoReds42093 May 30

Really hope the P.T. / #SilentHills rumor is true. The world needs that game. Please @Xbox @XboxP3
Phil Spencer ‏@XboxP3

@GoReds42093 @Xbox Sorry, this isn't true. Not sure where the rumor started but I don't want to mislead anyone.

--
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

fallout 4? HL3 (hahaha)? I'm sure there will be a couple AAA titles announced for release in 2017!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Kluden wrote:fallout 4? HL3 (hahaha)? I'm sure there will be a couple AAA titles announced for release in 2017!
Fallout 4 already announced. What's up with games being announced prior to E3!

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Same for Dark Souls 3 - just saw something confirming that will be announced at E3.
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

The fallout trailer looked great (as in looked like an alpha product). I wonder when its slated for release. I guess we find out at E3! So they saved that info, at least. I know Bethesda is doing an official on their new Doom edition as well. So they have two AAA titles, supposedly playable, at E3 already scheduled.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

I know it was just a trailer but personally, I thought Assassin's Creed Syndicate looked great!
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Yeah, my excitement for any Bethesda stuff has kinda fallen off over the years. If they address the issues I tend to have with their games in general with Fallout: excessively buggy, movement feels 2d - you feel like you're floating over the ground and not actually walking on it, combat is simplistic and needs refinement, it'll be a great game... Otherwise it'll be just like NV, which I played for like 2 hours and never touched again.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Animalor wrote:I know it was just a trailer but personally, I thought Assassin's Creed Syndicate looked great!
The best part of that is it's single player only. It might actually be a fairly easily obtainable Platinum! I haven't gotten a platinum on any of the Assassin Creed games since they start adding multi-player trophies. I certainly wont buy it day one but once it hits $20 or less I probably will.

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Doubtful on any price cuts announced although more than likely the PS4 and XBO will upgade their base consoles to 1TB drives so I'm sure they'll announce that. XBO also having a 'new' controller. Basically the same but with a standard headphone jack thing like the PS4 has. Too bad they probably didn't fix those horrendous bumpers!

edit! MS made the $350 price a permanent thing. I guess that's not too surprising considering the PS4's lead in sales.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:Too bad they probably didn't fix those horrendous bumpers!
The new controller, meanwhile, comes with the 3.5mm stereo jack we've heard so much about and will be available in two colours: the standard black, or with a Special Edition Covert Forces design, and costs $65 USD. Other changes to the controller include fine-tuning the bumpers and the possibility for wireless firmware updates. Finally, it was confirmed the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows will be available this Fall for $25 USD on its own or $80 USD if bundled with a controller, when it'll enable you to use the device with Windows 10 PCs, laptops and tablets.
Bumpers were the worst change to the new Xbox Controller (nowhere near as bad as joystick placement on the PS controllers though), They're supposed to be mushier now, hopefully feel less like cheap plastic. Playstation controller joystick positioning is like someone still using an old CRT 4:3 monitor or having your beans above your franks.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I guess you XBO people can stop crying about "backwards compatibility" now. I don't see why everyone is losing their shit over it though. I bought a next gen console to play new games. Even though I have a stack of 100 PS3 games I have no desire to go back and play them. But sure I won't deny it's a nice feature for those who want it. I just doubt most people will be utilizing it as much as they think they would.

Honestly I'm not sure why they didn't have something like that from day one since the 360 was x86 architecture. At least Sony had an excuse as I doubt it's that easy to get shit designed for the cell processor running on x86. However they really should leverage PS Now in a similar manner: If you have the disc in the PS4 then allow people to stream the game for free. The same goes for digital purchases. If I am licensed to play the game on PS3 it should not cost me any money to play it over PSNow.

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Agreed on all counts. I'm not going to go back to last gen games, and if I wanted to for whatever reason, I still have the old consoles.

Nothing too exciting from Microsoft. Gears pretty much lost me after the second game, so it'll take a lot for me to get interested in that. Halo was nothing unexpected, and other than that it was Microsoft tossing piles of cash at exclusive shit in an attempt to catch up in console sales, it's kinda pathetic, actually.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

I want the back compatibility to be applied to all games offered on Games with Gold. Would love to play the Witcher 2 on the Xbox One.

That No Man's Sky.. So much sex.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Sony is fucking murdering E3, and everyone thought they didn't have anything. Last guardian, horizon zero dawn.. But really, square just announced ff 7 is being remade, which is basically the best news in the history of news. Color me pleasantly surprised.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Microsoft crushed it this year.

Backwards Compatibility for no charge (that means free. pop in your 360 game into your DVD and copy it to Hard drive. Hello PS4. How much for those PS3 streamed games?)

Minecraft Hololens looked awesome and Xbox One games in VR via Oculus Rift)

Microsoft concentrated on exclusive after exclusive. Sony was ecstatic to announce exclusive figurines for infinity and map packs. Wow. Sony played pretty much all games that are available on both consoles and their mega hit Uncharted fucked up in the demo so they had to go to the pre recorded video while Microsoft had no issues playing their games live.

I suppose Sony fans will think PS4's show was better. It wasn't. I watched them both. Sony had bullshit games that no one will use like that dreams game and No Mans Sky looks like the next Spore after watching the demo.

Coolest thing of either show by far was Hololens Minecraft. I don't even play the game and it looks awesome:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbg2PLkIaDY

Kudos to Microsoft for being able to show off how cool this stuff is with their high tech camera.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:Backwards Compatibility for no charge (that means free. pop in your 360 game into your DVD and copy it to Hard drive.
That's not how it works because if it was then EVERY game would be supported out of the gate. You might want to look into it more. it's not simply copying the game to your Hard Drive lol. Again. How often are you going to play 360 games? I said that when both consoles were first announced. Everyone cried for BC but when it comes down to it MOST people won't even mess with it. I also mentioned that MS should have had it from DAY ONE because it's the same basic architecture.
What is Xbox One Backward Compatibility and how does it work?

Xbox One Backward Compatibility is an Xbox 360 emulator that runs on Xbox One and is used to play Xbox 360 games.

If it's actually emulation, why are you calling it backward compatibility?

We call it backward compatibility because gamers can play select Xbox 360 games on the Xbox One. However, referring to this functionality as an emulator is more accurate from a technology perspective since the Xbox One is not technically reading and playing the 360 game off of a disc.
Winnow wrote: their mega hit Uncharted fucked up in the demo so they had to go to the pre recorded video
More than likely the controller wasn't synched up properly or something. Not to mention it won't even be out for like another year... That's what happens during live events.

Personally, I think what eeverone can (or should) agree on, no matter their console of choice, is that timed-exclusive bullshit is fucking stupid. It's basically anti-consumer in the name of them getting a few more bucks while screwing the customers on the 'other' system.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:
Winnow wrote:Backwards Compatibility for no charge (that means free. pop in your 360 game into your DVD and copy it to Hard drive.
That's not how it works because if it was then EVERY game would be supported out of the gate. You might want to look into it more.
That's exactly how it works. Both digital and disk versions of the games are compatible. For the hard copy versions (which PS people love and fucked up the great sharing system Xbox had set up for Xbox One) you copy the content to your hard drive. You would download the digital version of course. You play the actual game not an emulated game. I guess you're glossing over the point where Xbox 360 games are free to play quote, "where not going to charge you for games you already own" where Sony screws you over and charges you for streaming crap.
Xbox boss Phil Spencer just announced that the Xbox One is getting backwards compatibility with 360 games later this year, which is pretty damn cool.

You’ll be able to access your digital collection of 360 games on Xbox One, as well as put discs in and download games you already own. The service will be available to everyone this holiday season, Microsoft says. Not all games will work with the service—Microsoft said around 100 will be available when it launches—but during the conference, they brought up Mass Effect as an example of an old 360 game you’ll be able to play on your current-gen console.

(You can see the first list of supported games—which is pretty much all first-party right now—right here.)

This is a huge move for Microsoft, especially compared to Sony’s lackluster (and pricey) PlayStation Now service, as they pointed out with a great zinger: “We won’t charge you to play the games you already own.”
https://youtu.be/wz_swZB9s8c?t=58s

bookmarked for the important part about compatibility

(and genuine excitement and applause for #1 requested feature)
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:That's exactly how it works.
It's not.
Winnow wrote: You play the actual game not an emulated game.
Wrong again. What I posted was actually ON THE MS SITE (before they deleted it). You're playing it through an emulator. Although if you know anything about emulators you're playing the 'actual game'. Just not directly. That doesn't change the fact that it's running though an emulator and it's not "true" backwards compatibility. And that's why you can't just stick in any disc-based game and have it work.
Winnow wrote:I guess you're glossing over the point where Xbox 360 games are free to play quote, "where not going to charge you for games you already own" where Sony screws you over and charges you for streaming crap.
Cry more. Again. How many 360 games have you played in the past two years? How many 360 exclusive games even came out in the past 2 (maybe even 3) years. Maybe 3 at most. How many of those would you want to play now on your NEXT GEN CONSOLE? Zero. I have my PS3 sitting plugged in right next to my PS4. How many PS3 games have I played in the past year? Zero. If Sony magically announce "backwards compatibility" I'd care just as much as when they announced there wouldn't be any. Which is.. you guessed it.. ZERO.

Sony crushed it this year!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Sony definitely did not crush it this year. Take away backwards compatibility from Microsoft's presentation and take away...well there's nothing interesting to take away from Sony's conference, and Microsoft's presentation and exclusives were more interesting. Tomb Raider matched Uncharted (kind of. Tomb Raider didn't crash and have to be reset).

Laughably, the Last Guardian game which has been delayed for like 5 years, won't be out for another year and looks borderline boring. Seriously, Sony was all excited about a map pack or something with Call of Duty claiming PS4 was it's home now. Gee, after 10 years on the 360, grats on the map packs and have fun playing an FPS with those joysticks!

They were all proud of Hitman being available for a few hours before being on Xbox One or something like that. It was actually sad to see them playing Batman Arkam and other games on both platforms that Microsoft didn't have to resort to. The only actual cool game that everyone is looking forward to (The Division) will be out on Xbox One first but that's even delayed until 2016.

Microsoft announces a high end controller and Sony announces an exclusive Bobba Fett Infinity Game figure. Microsoft announces free backward compatibility and Sony announces TV stations that no one wants to pay for. At least Backward compatibility will be useful to some people and is gaming related. I'm sure the Sony crowd would have went ape shit if they announced free backward compatibility, instead, we get you saying how unimportant it is. Seems kind of cool to me when one new game (Rainbow 6?) will be giving out free copies of it's two previous games because of backward compatibility so people can play them if they haven't. I guess Sony would charge to stream those.

"We won't charge you to play games you already own" was the best line from either conference. It probably caused Sony to scrap mentioning Playstation Now at all in their conference. Nice to go second all the time and yet they still got zinged.
Niffoni
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Niffoni »

So basically Sony is all "You're going to LOVE all of these PS4 games! in, like, two or three years"

While Microsoft is like "Hey guys, remember A Kingdom for Keflings? You held onto your copy, right? Now we can pretend it's 2008 forever! ...Please?"
Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable, let's prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all. - Douglas Adams
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Niffoni wrote: While Microsoft is like "Hey guys, remember A Kingdom for Keflings? You held onto your copy, right? Now we can pretend it's 2008 forever! ...Please?"
Its a painless process. In fact, if you purchased your games through Xbox Live, they just show up in your Xbox One's games. Not much easier than that.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow sure is defensive. I guess that happens when your console of choice continues to suck. Halo 5? Forza 6? Gears of War 4? /yawn

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I realize winnow can't help but troll, but really, who fucking cares? Backwards compatibility would've been nice the first year the new consoles were out and didn't have many games, but now for 99% of people it's completely worthless - it just sounds nice so people rally behind it.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Haha #XboxOrWeRiot. What a bunch of crybabies. So you have to wait a month (or buy a PS4) for MAP PACKS. Whaaaah.

http://www.exlgaming.com/xboxorweriot-i ... l-of-duty/
After today’s announcement that Sony now has the exclusive rights to Call of Duty (CoD), the Xbox CoD community is literally up in arms protesting about this marketing decision.

Microsoft has had the exclusive rights for quite some time now, hence the reason that the entire competitive CoD scene is focused around Xbox.

Trending on all social media right now is the hash tag #XboxOrWeRiot
Xbox fanboy tears taste good this morning. If you're not happy blame Microsoft not Sony. Or better yet blame Activision for this stupid DLC timed-exclusive bullshit in the first place.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

A game that has been out forever. Sony finally gets. Zzzzzzz, looks same as past 5 years
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

For Honor gave me a partial.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

So far things have been better than I expected this year. A few surprises for sure.

MS - B
Sony - A
Nintendo - F

I have no idea why people want the last guardian so bad. It looks boring as shit. It actually looked like a PS3 game too.

Sony grabbing CoD is quite the coup. I could care less though. It seems like they have made these deals with every huge shooter though. CoD, Battlefront, Rainbow 6, Battlefield, Destiny. They're grabbing exclusive content and "first on PS4" rights all over the place. Just interesting to me.

I could care less about BC on the Xbone anymore. Too little too late. Like, way too little. The amount if supported titles is hilariously tiny.

I love the look of the new xbone controller. $150 is pretty steep though.

The MS AR MineCraft demo was absolutely amazing, and also a total misrepresentation of the technology. It's Milo 2.0 with an extra helping of bullshit.

New xbone interface looks great so far.

Nintendo was goddamn embarrassing. Starfox looks like a Wii game. They're sending dogshit multiplayer versions of Zelda, Paper Mario, and Metroid to the 3DS. Nothing new for the new 3DS, lol. The only reason to have one is for a single game, lol.

Mario Maker looks aaaaaamazing though. But 1 game until next year? Jesus, it's launch year all over again.
Last edited by Fairweather Pure on June 16, 2015, 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Spang wrote:For Honor gave me a partial.
Agreed.

Horizon: Zero Dawn looked amazing. The Ghost Recon footage was jaw dropping too.

Lots to look forward to!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Fairweather Pure wrote:
The MS AR MineCraft demo was absolutely amazing, and also a total misrepresentation of the technology. It's Milo 2.0 with an extra helping of bullshit.
What? How did you come to that conclusion? What was misrepresented?
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Funkmasterr wrote:I realize winnow can't help but troll, but really, who fucking cares? Backwards compatibility would've been nice the first year the new consoles were out and didn't have many games, but now for 99% of people it's completely worthless - it just sounds nice so people rally behind it.
I agree about backwards compatibility. It only really matters when a console is being released and people are still mad about holding onto their old games. It might help pull a few people in that were delaying upgrading to the current gen of consoles (if they were even using the 360), but the overall window of relevance was a couple years ago. Also, don't expect to be able to just go throw any disc in the Xbone if you want it to work.
Here is the list of games that will work when this feature rolls out:
•Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts-n-Bolts
•Banjo-Kazooie
•Banjo-Tooie
•BattleBlock Theater
•Defense Grid
•Geometry Wars Evolved
•Hexis HD
•Jetpac Refuelled
•Kameo
•Mass Effect
•Perfect Dark
•Perfect Dark Zero
•Small Arms
•Super Meat Boy
•Toy Soldiers
•Toy Soldiers: Cold War
•Viva Piñata
•Viva Piñata: Trouble In Paradise
Sure, they will probably add more titles by the time it comes out, and they are actually asking for people to submit feedback for games they want to play. Hell, Viva Piñata made the cut, so anything should!

The new MS controller is nice, but $150? Really? If they had to spend that kind of money developing and manufacturing that piece of hardware, they are definitely not going to have any success with it.

Different consoles having access to products/DLC before other consoles is just a waste for everyone. If you are basing your decision to purchase a console on which one will have a game, or map, before it is available on another console, you might want to invest in some counselling to take care of those other issues you have been ignoring for years.

The VR/AR sets....not even impressed. I saw better uses of that tech in The Lawnmower Man.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Boogahz wrote: The VR/AR sets....not even impressed. I saw better uses of that tech in The Lawnmower Man.

Standard answer that is you have no clue until you try it. It's impossible to represent what it's like outside of VR. People that judge VR before actually trying it are probably same as those that think the Dualshock is a better controller than the 360 controller because it "looks cooler". It has synchronous joystics. That 360 controller looks all jumbled. Must suck!

That's like judging drugs without taking them. That joint looks funny. Getting high blows! Best part of this thread is watching the whining from the PS4 peeps about backwards compatibility...my console doesn't do it...so it sucks! Well grats on ten year old CoD exclusivity! That's really awesome! I'm sure they overpaid which they can't afford to do like Microsoft can. Maybe that's why they charge you to play games you already own due to spending their wad on CoD. Talk about something not being relevant anymore. Exclusive rights to a retread game.

Would Sony even have had a show if they didn't present games with release dates more than a year out and non exclusive games? Hey check out Uncharted (crash) and some dream game that probably would work best in VR that Boogahz has already determined he doesn't like based on nothing.

Sony press conference was painful to watch. The presenters looked like they were late for something they'd rather be doing and it was awkward looking at the confused looks of the audience as the offered strained claps for Disney Infinity exclusive figures. Even the announcers weren't excited about their "you can only get this transvestite Batman campaign on Ps4!" lines.

People keep bashing backward compatibility and yet it was the #1 requested feature. That's ok, you'll figure out how that works eventually. I'm sure more TV channels was the number one requested feature for Sony as well.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

It's funny that Winnow only watched the Sony press conference to find shit to complain about. While I criticized the importance of the "backwards compatibility" of the XBO (ie emulation) I at least said it was a good feature for people who are into that sort of thing. Also games like the Media Molecule one (looked odd) and even No man's Sky at least they are different even if they aren't for me. What does XBO get? Yet another FPS? Wow!

I didn't even watch the MS (or Nintendo) press conference because I don't care. I have zero interest in that console ecosystem. For those that do have an interest I hope there was some good stuff there. It's all about the games not any one specific platform owner. If you watch another press conference just to find things to shit on them for then you're a sad individual. SAD!

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:Hey check out Uncharted (crash)
Uncharted 4 didn't fucking crash. If you think that you are an idiot. It looked simply like the controller wasn't working. Which could happen for a variety of reasons.

Regardless, even if it DID crash (it didn't) it's still a year out. And will crush whatever sales Tomb Raider happens to have. Which doesn't even matter since PS4 will get U4 AND Tomb Raider (eventually).

SAD!

--
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Winnow wrote:I'm sure more TV channels was the number one requested feature for Sony as well.
While the implementation may, or may not, work, a la carte TV has been a top request from people looking to save on their cable packages. If Sony, or anyone else, can actually get that to work right, they will fill a void many people have been looking to take care of.

The backwards compatibility was a big thing years ago, but it is too late for it to be important, regardless of who was doing it.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Sony could have paid "tons of money they don't have" for CoD timed exclusivity... Or Activision could want to side with the console that is outselling the rest by a wide margin. Just sayin'.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:
Regardless, even if it DID crash (it didn't) it's still a year out. And will crush whatever sales Tomb Raider happens to have.
Uncharted 3 sales: 6.6 Million
Tomb Raider 2013 sales: 8.5 Million

And then there's Halo if you want to compare exclusives.

Halo 3: 14.5 Million
Halo 4: 9.4 Million

Tomb Raider will gain more sales for Xbox than already exclusive Uncharted will for PS4.

Just sayin.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:Uncharted 3 sales: 6.6 Million
Tomb Raider 2013 sales: 8.5 Million
Uh. That was across what.. 5 platforms? lol. Totally comparable! And even then it only came out 2 million ahead of a game that came out on a SINGLE platform. I'm not sure you realize how sales numbers works.
Winnow wrote:Tomb Raider will gain more sales for Xbox than already exclusive Uncharted will for PS4.
I doubt that.

Just sayin!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Also worth noting is that Tomb Raider's sales sucked in the beginning and then increased as word got out as to its quality. Uncharted sold more than half of it's copies day one and then fizzled. Not sure if you know how trends work, but Microsoft went with the right product! As is common with Sony, Uncharted = a lot of flash to get you to buy a product. TR had the content to earn its sales through word of mouth.

Lara Croft: timeless legendary #1 female in gaming. Uncharted: Series ends with #4.

I tried Uncharted 3 and didn't get too far. TR 2013 is one of the few games I completed that year.

Both will be good I'm sure. TR gets the edge due to superior controller for FPS. Probably better crafting as well and more of an emphasis on tomb raiding/puzzles as opposed to cinematic sequences.
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

Uncharted and Tomb Raider are the same game, The only difference is the lead character. Everything else is almost 1:1 identical. Since MS didn't have uncharted, they paid Square extra scratch for a timed release I guess. Doesn't bother me...as tomb raider is another title that should never be purchased on day one. That may also explain your sales theory about tomb raider picking up steam after time...its more likely it picked up steam because no one was willing to pay $60, and it was quickly a $35 game (like all the assassins creed games) after just 1 or 2 months I think. Couple that with the quality reviews, and it will sell copies when half off after 4 weeks. I remember buying the xbox360 collectors edition of it at gamestop a month after release for $40.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Played someone games streamed to my Surface last night. It's the only device I have available at the moment with windows 10 I used it over WiFi N.

Ended up streaming disk-based Sunset Overdrive and my digital Download copy of Destiny.

Thinks are very playable in this fashion. There's that slight latency that's detectable between button press and motion that happens in every streaming effort I've seen but it's quite low and hardly noticable. You won't be doing competitive gaming with this.

I messed around for about 30 minutes in sunset doing traversal and shooting and it was quite good. In Destiny I did one of the dailies on hard (30) and was able to make it through without dying with my L30 Warlock.

The whole time it didn't disconnect or crash once.

I think I may install the Tech Preview on our main desktop PC this evening and see how it goes when everything is at line speed.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Kluden wrote:Uncharted and Tomb Raider are the same game, The only difference is the lead character. Everything else is almost 1:1 identical. Since MS didn't have uncharted, they paid Square extra scratch for a timed release I guess. Doesn't bother me...as tomb raider is another title that should never be purchased on day one. That may also explain your sales theory about tomb raider picking up steam after time...its more likely it picked up steam because no one was willing to pay $60, and it was quickly a $35 game (like all the assassins creed games) after just 1 or 2 months I think. Couple that with the quality reviews, and it will sell copies when half off after 4 weeks. I remember buying the xbox360 collectors edition of it at gamestop a month after release for $40.
Between Uncharted 4 and Horizon coming up. I think Sony made the right call not to play the moneyhats game for TR:ROTR. It's only a timed exclusive anyways. My guess, TR comes to PS4 in February or March 2016.

No word on the Morpheus cost other than the nebulous "several hundred dollars" right?

Nintendo: What can be said.. They shot their only exciting (ink) load 2 week before E3. They would've been better off holding out for another 2 weeks and releasing Splatoon at the show and generate some buzz. It's a genuinely great game and it's way too early for it to be forgotten already.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Animalor wrote: Between Uncharted 4 and Horizon coming up. I think Sony made the right call not to play the moneyhats game for TR:ROTR. It's only a timed exclusive anyways. My guess, TR comes to PS4 in February or March 2016.
My guess is the PC will get TR eventually not PS4. So Feb/March for PC release.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Winnow wrote:
Animalor wrote: Between Uncharted 4 and Horizon coming up. I think Sony made the right call not to play the moneyhats game for TR:ROTR. It's only a timed exclusive anyways. My guess, TR comes to PS4 in February or March 2016.
My guess is the PC will get TR eventually not PS4. So Feb/March for PC release.
Perhaps. Or the PS4 gets a Definitive Edition in the summer or something.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »