How about some nostalgia

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Neziroth
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

How about some nostalgia

Post by Neziroth »

Against my better judgment I just joined a new EQ Emulated Server. Project 2002 - The Age of Al'Kabor.

It's brand new, having been live for about a month now. There are 40-50 people playing when I'm on, and only 3 were level 50 at last check. It's a true-to-EQ progression server.

I have some buddies playing but it would be cool to have some other people around to hang with.

I don't work for the server so this "advertising" is only me inviting you guys to join me and nothing more. Check it out if you have a 15 year old void in your life you'd like to fill.

http://p2002.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7
<a href="http://www.fictionpress.com/~mjlb">See the other side...</a>

Feel free to share your thoughts~
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Re: How about some nostalgia

Post by Boogahz »

I have tried to go back to EQ a couple times, and it just doesn't match the experience I had with it early on. Some of it may be the people, but a large part is just how much other games have moved forward since then.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Boogahz wrote:I have tried to go back to EQ a couple times, and it just doesn't match the experience I had with it early on. Some of it may be the people, but a large part is just how much other games have moved forward since then.
x1000

I just can't go back. Especially the very start with it's glaringly obvious flaws and the lack of all the quality of life improvements put into the game since then.

EQ is like high school. I'd rather keep the great memories than go to a reunion and see how shitty everything really was.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Fairweather Pure wrote:
EQ is like high school. I'd rather keep the great memories than go to a reunion and see how shitty everything really was.

Exactly that.

As for high school reunions, I have zero desire to go to one of those. I'd rather remember the faces and memories of my youth as they were, not as the closing in on 50 wrinkled messes they've become. I also really don't care what happened to anyone after high school. Reunions are for those that need to network or like pissing contests.

College buddies are different. I meet up with 11 of them every year for a weekend of beer/poker/golf and fantasy football draft. So, something like Chess is more like college. I'll go back to that game over and over.