Whatcha Been Playin'? 2015

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Whatcha Been Playin'? 2015

Post by Fairweather Pure »

I wanted to create a video game thread where we could talk about more than just the games we've beaten. Since I jump around from game to game often, I imagine others might do the same. This is a thread where we can talk about what we're playing. No matter how big or small, any games you're playing is worth discussing!

I bought a 128GB iphone 6+ and have been giving some ios games a shot.

-X-Com:Enemy Within was only $7 and it's amazing. It's the full version of the PC/console game. Full voice and great graphics all work to make this one of the best io games out there. I'm only on the 3rd mission so far, but I think this game is up there in the upper echelon of ios games.

-Banner Saga was $10 but the reviews were so good I took a chance. It's another turn based strategy game, but this one is more like a mature version of Shining Force. The art was inspired by Don Bluth era of animation, and it shows. The world and characters are facing the end of days.

- Crossy Road is free and it's a fast paced game to play a few minutes at a time. You don't have to buy anything. It's like a modern version of Frogger. It's oddly addictive.

I've also put in about 2.5 hours into Alien:Isolation on the PS4. That game looks fantastic. It's straight out of the first Alien movie! I'm doing a lot of sneaking around and simple puzzle solving. It reminds me a lot of how I felt the first time I played Dead Space 1. The game just does everything so right.

I've also dug into Far Cry 4 on the PS4. It's virtually a carbon copy of Far Cry 3. That's just fine with me, because I loved that game. I hit some invisible walls int eh game because I was trying to start taking down garrisons before the game wanted me to. That was a tad frustrating, but I've now advanced far enough into the story where I think I can go wherever I want now.

I put in around an hour into Evil Within. It's approach to horror is to simply throw a never ending supply of blood and gore in your face, but it definitely has it's charms.

I started Dragon Age: Inquisition. I'm at the first village, right after the Inquisition is officially started back up again. I play with my daughters around and they make all the character choices. I also started a female elf mage and modeled it after them and named her after my youngest daughter. They're really into that game. I think it's good so far, but it feels like I'm playing an instance in World of WarCraft with a party full of strangers while waiting on cooldowns to pop. That's not a bad thing at all. It just feels so familiar and I find that odd.

Did I just mention World of WarCraft? I'm playing a decent amount of that too. Perhaps 10-12 hours a week? The garrison mechanic is wearing a tad thin on me already though. I don't want to babysit my garrison all the time, so I'm trying to purposefully limit my interactions with the game or else that's all I end up playing. My druid is ilvl 330ish and the thought of leveling up my alts does not sound like that much fun because the garrisons are so time consuming and need a certian level of micro managing.

I'm playing through Bayonetta 2 and Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker on the WiiU. Bayonetta 2 is a GotY contender for me. It's even better than the first. It's the best character action game ever made. I've always enjoyed that genre and Bayonetta 2 is a masterpiece. Captain Toad is a slow burn, but a great puzzle game. I'm mainly letting my wife control the game while the 2 of us try to solve the level together.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Re: Whatcha Been Playin'? 2015

Post by Animalor »

Right now my obsession has been Dragon Age Inquisition(XBO) and playing some Skylanders Trap Team(WiiU) with the kids.

We have approx. 35 Skylanders right now between Giants, Swap Force and Trap Team games. The kids also have 1 of each trap from the latest game except the Kaos Trap. Activision has an amazing talent for separating me from my money.

I still start up Destiny, (Want to go on a Crota raid), Assassin's Creed Unity and Sunset Overdrive.

On the PC side, I'm playing Batman: Arkham Origins.

As far as mobile goes, I've been playing Candy Crush again recently as it's been released on Windows Phone, Spider Man Unlimited and Tetris Blitz.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I've been playing quite a bit of War Thunder.

I'm level 60 now (all that means is that I've put a lot of time into the game).I currently own 207 planes spread out over the five nations. 41 of those planes are Elited (maxed out in upgrades)

I previously was playing World of Warplanes but the servers have less than 1000 people on making it hard to get matches while WT has 30-40K online.

If I get motivated I'll post my thoughts in detail on the game but I tend to enjoy tier 3 and 4 the most (there are five tiers of planes from bi-planes through jets). I've learned a lot and have become a decent pilot. My stats are average but I've improved greatly.

I've tried out the tank side of things but it's not as fun with being able to be bombed too easily from the air, there's less skill in staying alive and a lot of long range sniping. Still, the tank battles and graphics are awesome.

For planes, in general I tend to like:

Tier 1/2: Russians
Tier 3: Russians (the game is Russian and Russian planes are considered a little overpowered) great maneuverability and firepower
Tier 4: Germans (I can kill all day in the fw190 versions D9, D12 and D13) Fits my play style, decent maneuverability and gnarly firepower
Tier 5: Americans (B-57 Bomber is the in-game money maker for me)

Japanese: Fun tier 3 but under-tiered planes result in a lot of deaths. Tier 4 Japanese props run into jets often, so does German Tier 4 but I kick their asses anyway.
British: Spitfires are fun as is the Sea Meteor Jet but in general I do better with other Nations.

The game looks beautiful on higher end PCs.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

I'm slowly but surely working at finishing P4G. It's taken me like a year to beat this, I keep picking it up and putting it back down - it's not that I'm not enjoying the game, it's just the time investment required to grind, etc, can turn me off from it at times.

Other than that, chipping away at the Master Chief Collection, and a nightmare run of Dragon Age Inquisition. I also started playing Swapper last night on the PS4 - pretty fun game. I want to get all these things done (at least) before any new games come out.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Funkmasterr wrote:I'm slowly but surely working at finishing P4G. It's taken me like a year to beat this, I keep picking it up and putting it back down - it's not that I'm not enjoying the game, it's just the time investment required to grind, etc, can turn me off from it at times.
I've been playing this off and on on my Vita as well. When does stuff start happening? I've been playing the game for 2+ hours and it seems like a Japanese shitty life simulator. (Seriously, the main character has a shitty life!) I think I've recently gone into the TV or something? It's been awhile, but I don't even know what kind of game I'm playing. Is this a party based jrpg? Turn based? Real time?

I bought it because of its universal acclaim. Despite not actually playing a goddamn thing, I can sense it's charm and I am honestly curious where the game is going.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

It takes a while for it to pick up, but really the game is just as much or more about relationships and such as it is about combat. I really like the story and characters, and if you give it some time I think it'll pull you in. If conversation/story isn't your thing, you probably won't like it, though.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Destiny. Still. Nothing other than that really.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Finished the Swapper tonight. First game I've finished without getting any of the trophies/achievements. It was a fun little puzzle game, though.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

My youngest daughter, age 6, had her first sleep over on Friday night at a friend's house. This left my oldest daughter, age 7, a bit lonely and sad. This was the first time they have ever been apart, so my oldest took it pretty hard. We took her out to dinner, then played games with her until bedtime. I said she could pick any games she wants. Here's what she chose:

We spent the most time on Super Mario 3D World, which she is pretty good at. It's all about wearing the crown for her. For those that are unaware, your scores are ranked at the end of a level and the winner starts the next level with a little crown on his character's head. If you get hit, the crown falls off and anyone can pick it up and wear it. Well, when this happened, fuck the game/progress/power-ups/1-ups/everything else. My daughter would be gunning for that crown. It was pretty fun because I show no mercy and neither does she.

We tried Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze next, but that game is much more unforgiving that Mario, or even something like Rayman. The checkpoints are too few and the challange ramps up way too fast for my kids.

Mom jumped in for some Mario Kart 8 action. We finished first, second, and third place in every race.

We rounded out the night with Lego Batman 3 on the PS4. Holy shit my daughter is good at Lego games. Like, unbelievably good. She actually got frustrated with me a few times and took the controller out of my hands to complete a puzzle. I felt like I was in the Twilight Zone or something. I helped her get past a spot her and her sister were stuck at and we stopped there for the night.

PvZ didn't get any play, but I admired are choices overall.

I also played DA: Inquisition for awhile today and hope to get back at it again soon.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

DA: Inquision. So much Dragon Age Inquisition.. So awesome.

I'm planning on starting a second playthrough on the hardest difficulty after this to see how that goes. Perhaps play my inquisitor as a douchebag male warrior down the Templar branches of the story. (and romance Cassandra, she don't fornicate with other female characters apparently.. :lol: )
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

I finished DA:I right after the new year...no drive for a second play through though. have started a game with the other classes but just can't get into it again for some reason. I think it will be like skyrim, a year off, and I'll play through again.

Been trying to find something else to play with the minimal gaming time I have now (I travel during the week for work)...and have been trying out old games and mmo's for kicks. Diablo 3 just got a new patch update and have played that a bit. Yeah, its still the same :) For some reason, I have been playing like 2 hours a week of SWTOR. Love me some star wars I think that keeps me doing that.

And waiting patiently for the stable starbound update...

Basically, I don't know what to play until the Witcher 3 comes out!
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I played DA: Inquisition several times this week but switched back to Far Cry 4 last night and I think I'll dabble in that for awhile.

I like DA, but I'll go back to my description above and say it feels like I'm in a WoW instance with a group of people that don't talk. It feels very "Skyrim-y" to me too, which isn't a knock at all. I'm still fucking around in the Hinterlands but definitely enjoying myself.

I'm going around and freeing up all the towers in Far Cry 4. I think I have 3-4 down, but I want to do them all first, then go back and capture bases once I have better guns and stuff. That little gyro-copter is a blast.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Fairweather Pure wrote: I'm still fucking around in the Hinterlands but definitely enjoying myself.
So basically you're still in the tutorial stage of the game.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Destiny.

--
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

I've been playing Skyrim off and on since last April. I recently achieved this milestone:
[Show]
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I put in some serious Far Cry 4 time this weekend. I cleared 2 fortresses, discovered every tower, and liberated every encampment. The shitty part is that the upper portion of the map, a bit less than half of the game, is locked until I complete story missions (boo!). Almost all of my remaining skill points and weapons are locked behind story mode too.

Those fortresses sure were interesting doing solo with limited weapons and skills!

This game is pretty goddamn good.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Playing the first episode of Square Enix' "Life is Strange" episodic mystery game.

It's OK so far but really mostly just following along in a story. You have the ability to rewind time.

Here's the trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpRhaXfvG_0
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Winnow wrote:Playing the first episode of Square Enix' "Life is Strange" episodic mystery game.
I'd call it a Dontnod game (Remember Me) more than a Square Enix game since SE is just the publisher.

--
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

I've been playing "plan the PC build" for a couple weeks, since Acer's Freesync IPS monitors were announced for a March release.

Just in time to spend no time on the computer because summer.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

In between Far Cry 4 on my console and WoW on my PC, I've managed to pack in some RTS games. I've been on a real kick lately.

Dawn of War 2: Retribution (about 10 missions as Eldar)
C&C Red Alert (3 missions, controls are hard to adjust to in this!)
C&C Generals (6 mission, holds up great)
Age of Mythology (4 missions)

I wish this genre wasn't seemingly forgotten. New games are few and far between. I think I'll pick up the Homeworld remaster and Company of Heroes 2 during the next Steam sale.

I'm trying to cut down my WoW time to garrison assignments a few times a week instead of a few times a day as well as doing all my raiding at once whenever possible. That frees me up for other games and solves the issue of logging in and wasting a few hours nitpicking at a ton of little things within the game over and over again.

I'm still trudging through the Far Cry 4 missions trying to get the northern portion unlocked. I have bought everything I can and unlocked every skill available to me and am still swimming in cash. I can't wait to get into a fresh area with all my new weapons and skills and start taking new outposts down!

I'm also taking the first few steps in pricing out a 4 player MAME arcade cab for my media room. I'm buying a new table saw to assist in a few projects around the house and I think I could easily build it myself. I may have other things I want to do first, but eventually I'm going to build one so researching it a bit now won't do any harm.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

MAME! At one point I was contemplating setting up a cabinet but now I don't think that will ever happen. Honestly there's just too much other shit to occupy my time I don't think it would be worth it to invest in something like that. But if you have woodworking skills and an old PC sitting around I guess you could set up something that didn't involve a huge investment.

As far as RTS goes I don't think it's been "forgotten". You have your Civilization and Sim City or whatever but don't forget StarCraft (II) which is pretty big. It's not a genre I personally care for but I think it's represented in gaming these days.

Other than that for me it's still Destiny! I think it's funny how people who spent 100s of hours or whatever playing it are now all like "This is the worst game ever!".

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Destiny isn't the worst game ever, but it's shallow and they did more wrong than they did right.

RNG being tied to leveling was terrible. Casuals shouldn't stand a chance against people that put the time in, by tying to make everyone happy they alienated a lot of the core crowd.

PvP and pve gear should have been entirely separate. There is a reason basically every mmo does this, but Bungie thought they knew better and could keep the same gear and armor balanced for both. They have proven themselves wrong beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Making no good way for groups to form for raids was a mistake. Then making changes like they did to the first raid where you couldn't control who got teleported completely took away any desire I had to keep trying every week, especially when I continuously got no armor.

The story was a horrible joke.

If the second game is a full fledged mmo with guns, I'll be on board. But if it's more of the same I'm done with the series, and likely with Bungie altogether
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Still been playing P4G, I think I'm almost done with it.

I've also been playing a fair amount of evolve,I really like this game.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I ended up actively hating Destiny. I only made it to level 17 or 18. I uninstalled it and never looked back. The combat was great (ie: Halo) but everything surrounding it was a colossal failure IMO. The backlash is totally justified. The world was way too tiny and repetitive. It was as much fun as watching paint dry doing the same shit over and over and over again. I'm so glad I didn't pre-purchase the DLC like I almost did several times!

I'm with Funk though. If they fix the issues with a Destiny 2, I'm still game to give it another try. The game has a solid base in which to build upon.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Beat Crota raid on hard mode last night. Yay!

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Aslanna wrote:As far as RTS goes I don't think it's been "forgotten". You have your Civilization and Sim City or whatever but don't forget StarCraft (II) which is pretty big. It's not a genre I personally care for but I think it's represented in gaming these days.
Civ is a turn based strategy game. Sim City is a simulation game. StarCraft 2 is almost 5 years old now.

I enjoy a good turn based game, but RTS games used to be a major contender in PC gaming back in the day.

Grey Goo was just released and I'll definitely pick that up once it's on sale. It's actually what caused me to install and fire up my classic RTS titles last week.

More Far Cry 4 for me today after I finish helping my girls with their science projects. (Projects that parents do all the work on while kids get told repeatedly what we're doing and why)
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Fairweather Pure wrote:I'm so glad I didn't pre-purchase the DLC like I almost did several times!
Destiny is the game that made me vow to never buy season passes again, and quite honestly it was the nail in the coffin for me pre ordering games, too. I'll be doing that very infrequently from now on.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Destiny forever!

--
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

I've mostly been playing WoW again on the PC. Picked it up around the time that the Draenor expansion came out. I have a few 100's, but I've been concentrating on doing some of the older dungeons I missed during my frequent "breaks."

I've finally been lured into a console game after ignoring my PS3 and PS4 for quite a while. A friend convinced me to pick up Dying Light, and we've gotten some good co-op time in on it. There is nothing quite like locking your partner in a small room full of zombies, except for jumping off of a multi-story building just to miss the soft cushion of trash bags by a foot.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

More War Thunder (PC)

Been spending the majority of my time lately on the Tanks side of things as I've acquired the planes I want and have my preferred country/tier lineups for highest fun factor.

Tanks were no fun to begin with. Starting out, if felt like it was all sniping from a mile away and I'd die before I could do anything. Learning about the various tank lines, ammo types and learning to aim and drive took awhile. I found a tank I like that I'm having fun with and also working my way up the American, German and Russian tank lines as well.

Chidoro was indeed correct in that War Thunder is graphically much superior to World of Tanks/Warplanes.

Gaijin, while doing plenty of things wrong, also puts a lot of effort into the appearance of the game. Screenshots can look photorealistic at times.

15 minute games are a perfect length IMO. There's a sense of overall advancement while each individual battle is it's own unique bit of fun/misery.

Besides infuriating skill-less random bombings from planes on the tank side of things, there's much skill involved and plenty of room to develop and improve your plane/tank skills. The only think I miss from World of Warplanes is the lack of repeat battles with people you recognize. With so many people playing, you don't recognize known good pilots/enemies as you do in WoWP that has so few people playing the game. The trade off is that you don't have to wait very long at all for matches to begin, with the much larger player base.

It's luck of the draw as to if you get a team that knows how to win a battle or if they are out to just kill at random ignoring objectives. In lower tier games, I have much more control over winning as I can choose to bomb ground targets, with unfortunately matter more than they should in an Air to Air game.

War Thunder is one of the best F2P games out there on PC as a console controller can't compete with mouse/keyboard.

Couple War Thunder Promotion Videos:

Heroes

Do not Hurry

Cool Music Animated Dogfight Video:

Gunship - Fly for your life

That last one is pretty cool/decent song. Animation is like it's straight out of Heavy Metal the movie.
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

Starcraft II, World of Tanks, War Thunder, Heroes of the Storm, Smite, and Darkest Dungeon. I have also been putzing around with Besieged and have made myself seriously laugh out loud at some of the crap that I made and ultimately failed using.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Picked up and have been playing Halo: MCC single player. The first one on legendary is a real punch in the nuts. I'm on the 3rd mission and am pretty stuck.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I didn't bother with the first two halo games on legendary, it's completely miserable, and co op is worse since you share lives.

I finally finished persona 4 golden, got the true ending but not all the trophies. I love that game, excited for the new one this year.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

WarCraft has been getting the lion's share of my time this week. It's the game that keeps on giving. I did the new raid, worked on my garrison missions every day, and have really stepped into pet battles for the first time. Sure, I've done several battles here and there and gotten a great deal of my pets to lvl 6-8, but I never even had max lvl pets to mess around with (max lvl is 25 FYI). Boy, that changes everything once you have 3 lvl 25 pets. The doors bust wide open and now I'm addicted. I downloaded mods and formed a plan of attack to lvl one of each class to lvl 25. I'm currently working my way around the world facing off with pet tamers in order to get my safari hat that adds 10% exp to all pets. I was doing pretty well but hit a wall with Grand Master Obalis. I need a different pet mix to beat him. I'm going to capture a lvl 25 magical pet or lvl one to beat him.

I had some great news with Pinball Arcade. I bought Seasons 2 & 3 a couple of weeks ago but was unable to DL them through PSN. I waited 2 weeks with no fix and eventually called Sony and got a refund. Well, they didn't refund my CC but instead put the $60 back in my PSN wallet. Today, I log in and Pinball Arcade has DLed all of the tables I was refunded for. I own all 3 seasons, yet my PSN wallet still has the $60 in it. Pretty great! I played Pinball for hours and barely scratched the surface of all the tables I now own. What a fantastic game.

Here's a page with all the tables: http://www.pinballarcade.com/TablePacks/

I'm buying Helldivers today with the money. That's only $20, so I'll have $40 to buy indie and arcade titles with for awhile.

I'm also going to work in some Far Cry 4. I still haven't unlocked the northern zone.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

More WoW. I'm finishing off the epic ring quest this week and slowly working 21 lvl 1 pets up to lvl 25. They're all lvl 10 now, with another 8-10 of those between lvls 15-16. It's been a pretty rewarding experience actually.

I finished Far Cry 4 in anticipation of The Handsome Collection. I've started a gunslinger in the Pre-Sequel and I'm having a fun time.

I'm going to dabble in Dragon Age: Inquisition a bit too. I want to keep that game fresh on my radar.

I don't really have any upcoming games that I am dieing to buy and play so it looks as though I will buckle down and concentrate on what I have for the duration.

Oh yeah, I look forward to DLing Child of Light on my Xbone as the game of the month. Maybe I'll try that tonight.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Bloodborne is still better than whatever you are playing, so like, you should fix that and stuff.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Funkmasterr wrote:Bloodborne is still better than whatever you are playing, so like, you should fix that and stuff.
I'll buy it when it's $20 or less. Probably more towards the $10 range actually. I'm not huge on the "Soul" games. Like, at all.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Destiny.

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Fairweather Pure wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote:Bloodborne is still better than whatever you are playing, so like, you should fix that and stuff.
I'll buy it when it's $20 or less. Probably more towards the $10 range actually. I'm not huge on the "Soul" games. Like, at all.
It's ok man, you still play World of Warcraft; not everyone can have good taste in games ;)
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Some guy beating Bloodborne in 44 minutes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TO0KxiH ... e=youtu.be
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Speedrunning has never made sense to me. He uses a glitch that will probably be "fixed" to skip up to the point I'm at in the game after a week of heavy playing.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I get it in the sense of finding new things to do with a game you've already finished. Probably multiple times. But to me 'glitching' a run doesn't make it a speedrun. Although yes I know there are different categories of a speedrun I just don't happen to like the glitch runs.

--
Rakz!
No Stars!

Post by Rakz! »

Destiny once a week with some friends doing the weeklys and Crota HM. Mostly just to talk trash.. game isn't bringing much joy any more by itself..
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

I started playing Dishonored. Not bad.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Still playing the hell out of Bloodborne. I'm still on my first playthrough, got all the optional bosses down and only the last couple of story bosses to go. I'm waiting for a friend to catch up so I've been working on the first chalice dungeon in the meantime, they get really hard really fast. Still loving this game. Bought Dark Souls 2 for the PS4 and started playing that a little, too.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I've been playing Mortal Kombat X with my wife and kids. That game is amazingly good. It's a real showcase for the PS4 too.

We've also been playing the shit out of Mario Kart 8 in my house. Nintendo released DLC for the title. It includes 16 tracks, like, 8 new characters + new vehicles for $12. They also released a 200cc racing class which is insanity in motion. You don't need the DLC for that though. It was a title update. This game now has 48 fucking tracks, and every single one is a work of art. This is easily the best Mario Kart in the series and that is saying a lot.

I had a friend gift me his copy of Bloodborne because he didn't like it at all, so I'm going to try and play that soon.

Other than that, I'm still doing garrisons twice a day in WoW. I need to hit a raid ASAP. I have 10 loot rerolls banked and I also need to polish off a few quests. Speaking of quests, I polished off almost all the pet quests. That has been an amazingly fun distraction from the usual WoW stuff.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

I've been playing a lot of Elder Scrolls Online. It starts out pretty slow, but once you get into it, it's quite good.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Spang wrote:I've been playing a lot of Elder Scrolls Online. It starts out pretty slow, but once you get into it, it's quite good.
Are you playing it on PC or Xbone?
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Re-subbed to SWTOR to play with some EQ2 guildies. I ended up cancelling my WoW account again, as I finally reached a point where I wasn't able to really group with people. Max level without being raid capable leads to a lot of downtime to just play with garrison stuff.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Destiny. New expansion in 2 weeks!

--