Band Fuse

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Neziroth
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Band Fuse

Post by Neziroth »

Essentially rocksmith but with real tablature instead of a custom UI like Rockband or Rocksmith.

Videos can be found on youtube, this comes out soon!

I'll be getting this for sure, PS hi first post in like 5 years.
<a href="http://www.fictionpress.com/~mjlb">See the other side...</a>

Feel free to share your thoughts~
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Re: Band Fuse

Post by Boogahz »

:vv_jackass:
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Boogahz wrote::vv_jackass:
So mean!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Ooooo, gonna check it out for sure!
en kærlighed småkager
Neziroth
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Neziroth »

I Picked this up and am really enjoying it.

The song list is pretty diverse from 90s pop-rock to 70s classic rock to speed metal and everything in between.

Using real tablature to me is way better than Rocksmith's system just because of its real life applications. I am already becoming more efficient at reading tabs as they scroll by and I hope it translates to the internet and songbook versions of tabs I may buy in the future.

The tuning is quick and accurate and the game also includes support for Bass Guitar and A Vocal Mode which utilizes the same vocal tracking and scoring as Rockband. You can opt to just do Vocals with no guitar should you like to sing but not have a guitar. Any USB Mic seems to work (I didn't buy the one associated with the game).

Up to 4 players can jump in our out at any time on any mix of 2 guitars (lead, rhythm), bass, or vocals

The game itself is $69.99 for the game, guitar cable and XBox Adapter. The Adapter allows you to hook an audio-out cable from your sound system right into your XBOX to bypass the HDMI Lag, while still using an HDMI cable for video. There is essentially no latency at all. There is a $79.99 "Band Pack" that doesn't include the game but comes with 2 more cables, a mic and a 4-way USB hub.

The game is less of a game than Rocksmith and more of a learning tool - it lets you play a song note for note, it will pause itself until you hit the correct note or chord before moving on. From that point it will go to 60% speed and speed up from there on each successful playthrough. The old "Start slow, get accurate, work up to fast" mentality is at work here. The game never kicks you out to a menu for "failing" too many times. You keep going til you get it or give up.

You can also break a song down into specific parts (like a solo or a bridge) and play that until you get it right if only one part is giving you trouble.

The game also comes with about 50-60 videos from famous guitarists talking about how they play and giving tips on scales and techniques and such.

It also has some backing tracks and a blank recording mode so you and up to 3 friends can cover a song (minus drums unless you mic a drum kit). It plays back as you play but once again - no latency. I couldn't just jam in rocksmith due to the .10ms or so latency, the playback would screw me all up. I never tried Rocksmith 2014, but this game is a huge improvement over the original Rocksmith.
<a href="http://www.fictionpress.com/~mjlb">See the other side...</a>

Feel free to share your thoughts~
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

I have this and Rocksmith 2014.

It seems superior in almost every way, being that Rocksmith's Session Mode is pretty damn awesome.

I prefer the tablature presentation as well, and the option to buy a mic, etc. And yes, the tuner is a VAST improvement over Rocksmith's single-string finicky mess.
en kærlighed småkager
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Well, the company that developed Bandfuse shit the bed (Ryalta I think). No dlc songs since February. Rocksmith continues to add songs and I've gotten used to the format. Hopefully they add a mic option and continue to thrive. It has turned me into a half-decent bass player after years and years of guitar. <3
en kærlighed småkager
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

"Real tablature" :D

Is the like "genuine store brand" Mac 'n' cheese?

Never did get around to learn to be able to play from tab, regular sheet music seems much simpler.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

If you can read music it's probably easier. For people who can't tab just seemed easier to understand.

At least to me who can't read sheet music.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Correct. Guitar tablature is far easier for the self taught that never learned music.
en kærlighed småkager