MMOs - How many can one play?

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

MMOs - How many can one play?

Post by Bubba Grizz »

and remain sane?

I currently have 6 MMOs on my computer but for various reasons. I normally only would have a single mmo on my computer but with members of my current guild game hopping and games becoming free to play, I thought I would revisit old games. So I went out to some old games and contacted their customer support to help me find the accounts as I had forgotten the account name/password/email and lord knows I went through a few credit card changes. So I got most of what I wanted to see back on my computer. Some I may keep and some I may just remove altogether.

So I have these on my computer right now.
Guild Wars 2 - Currently playing and enjoying
STWOR - I have some friends at work who play and on occasion I login when they need a 4th
LOTRO - My kids and I have played this together and we still do once in a great while.
RIFT - going free to play on June 12th. I have some characters there and a lot of cash. I may play again.
Vanguard - was hoping that this would be better than it was when it released but no such luck. Will probably delete.
Age of Conan - I was surprised that I had a semi high level character on that game. I might play just for pvp.

Games that I won't go back to.
WoW - I have high level characters and a bunch of cash but no desire to go back.
Dungeons&Dragons Online - Wasn't overly impressed by this.
Neverwinter - Like the game play but hated the infrastructure and the Pay to Win feel. (my opinion)
Star Trek Online - Just couldn't get into it.

Any other games are just too old for me to consider like EQ and DAoC.
Lynks
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: launchpad1979

Re: MMOs - How many can one play?

Post by Lynks »

I think the answer is 1.

Started playing WoW again 2 months ago but just cancelled it. Lots of changes both good and bad but enough to turn me off of it.

A friend talked me into playing Eve Online but I think I won't be staying sane for much longer. What an incredible learning curb.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

EVE is great in that you can passively play it by keeping up with your skills or playing the market. I wish more games were like that so that when you return to the game actively, you've actually made some progress.

The total number of other MMOs depends on how active you are in guild type activities.
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

I play multiple games. I’m only raiding in EQ but I even took a recent break from that as I was sucking at my tanking duties.
I have a station pass account so I dabble in eq2 and dc online.
Predominantly play EVE. I have 2 accounts going, one to fly the blockade runner and sell/buy market stuff and the other is my combat pilot
I have low level characters in DDO and LOTRO and play them occasionally. As ftp games, it’s amusing in small stints.
Rest of my time is in world of tanks, though it’s not technically a mmo.

I can't imagine being serious at just one game any more.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

You should play Neverwinter. It's better than stinky EVE.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--