Neverwinter

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Neverwinter

Post by Aslanna »

Anyone still playing? I'd like to join a guild just so I can queue for Gauntlgrym. Don't actually need to do shit together and can always join another guild after. Just need 5 people to start one. Help!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Keverian FireCry »

I'm still playing. I'm actually loving it more now than my initial venture into the game. The fighting system, skills, etc are really well done. The main complaint I have is the attitude of players. This can be said with many game though and I'm realizing that if I want the most out of this game I need to play with people I enjoy playing with.

I recently joined a guild so I could to Guantlygrym, but it's 360+ members and there's very little cohesion. There's the ubers who have 12-13+ gear score and there's everyone else. You're basically supposed to have entire Tier 2 gear before you can even get into a Tier 2 group to get said gear... Ugh. I'm Venlo@Cantharellus if you want to add me. Working on secondary characters now. GF and CW in the works.
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

err quadruple posts somehow
Last edited by Keverian FireCry on November 6, 2013, 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

err
Last edited by Keverian FireCry on November 6, 2013, 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

err
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

So I've got a guild mainly for Gaunt. When I play noone ever is doing delves which is what I'd like to start doing more of. Can reach me at Venlo@Cantharellus if you ever need a TR.
Keverian FireCry
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

So I've got a guild mainly for Gaunt. When I play noone ever is doing delves which is what I'd like to start doing more of. Can reach me at Venlo@Cantharellus if you ever need a TR.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Still playing! Module 2 was released recently with a new class the Hunter Ranger as mentioned previously. It is a fun class to play (imo) and decent DPS although they've already been nerfed a bit.

Something not so fun is they changed the refining process for enchantments so now it's lame.

Have a guild created just to be able to join Gauntlygrym if anyone needs something temporary. I'm not sure which side it's aligned to. I think it's the one that nobody chooses which I guess helps with the queue but means you'd probably die a lot.

Oh and bags on sale for 670 Zen!

--
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Still playing?

Just started up again yesterday...
en kærlighed småkager
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I am! Well.. Sort of. I've just been logging on to invoke for the past month or so. I haven't really been doing anything other than that. Module 3 coming soon though!

--
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Yeah, that adds AAs or the like I think. Would be a decent reason to play the CW (favorite) or TR again. Messing around with the ranger atm. Pretty decent.

Forgot I spent most of my AD on tradeskill booster packs, so trying to remember how to quickly make AD... really sad they have only added the one class in my absence. Still though, I like the mechanics and story. I'm such a RA Salvatore honk!
en kærlighed småkager
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Canelek wrote:Yeah, that adds AAs or the like I think. Would be a decent reason to play the CW (favorite) or TR again. Messing around with the ranger atm. Pretty decent.

Forgot I spent most of my AD on tradeskill booster packs, so trying to remember how to quickly make AD... really sad they have only added the one class in my absence. Still though, I like the mechanics and story. I'm such a RA Salvatore honk!
I like the HR. It does pretty good damage (even after being nerfed) but also pretty fragile.

AD if you're level 60 do the tasks from Lord Neverember and Rhix. I at least did the pvp and foundry ones once a week when I was playing as that's 24k there (4k from Rhix, 8k from LN x 2). Leadership at level 20 can do decently as well but you should have at least blue assets to shorten the time between tasks. I make about 20k a day per character with that. Other than that it's doing dungeon delves and selling the loot on the AH which I hate doing so I don't.

--
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Aslanna wrote:...selling the loot on the AH which I hate doing so I don't.
I've been doing a daily or two and salvaging the purples plus leadership, decent chunk of change. I AH all blue drops at whatever price the system suggests and don't buy any ID scrolls, another 300\day or so generally. If they don't sell they get vendored.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

I've never been much for dailies or highly-repetitive tasks.

I remember I was doing rather well crafting blue pants and shirts and selling them on AH. Will need to see if that is still viable.
en kærlighed småkager
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Canelek wrote:I've never been much for dailies or highly-repetitive tasks.
Me neither but at 3-6k\day for 15 minutes effort is more bang for your time spent than you'll get in some other repetitive task?
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Not really a complaint as these dailies are fairly painless, as you stated. I just need regular shit to do or I get bored. Tactical solo boss farming in eq,eq2 was great. Hopefully they diversify gear in never winter if not already. Best leveling time in a mmo but falls a bit flat at cap!
en kærlighed småkager
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Module 3 will bring a bunch of nerfs. Most notably Split Shot for Rangers is being reduced by 45%. That's huge!

Looking at what else it brings I can't say it's enough to get me to log in and play every day other than to invoke. Even the boons are pretty unspectacular from what I saw. This is currently up on preview server if people want to log in and look around. You can find patch notes here.
Post-60 Advancement
Players who have reached Level 60 will now be able to apply their accumulated experience toward new rewards! When players hit the level cap, the experience bar will now turn blue with a special icon for the "next level" end of the bar.

Each time the experience bar is filled, the player is presented with a new reward. The rewards include:

- Power Points!
Just like the points gained while leveling, these points can be spent on purchasing or ranking up powers up to the maximum rank of 3.
Power Points will no longer be rewarded when the player gains enough to rank every power up to 3.

- Tomes of Experience and Tomes of Companion Experience!
These tomes are bound to your account, so if you have another character or a new companion you want to get up and running quickly, just send these tomes over through in-game mail, or save them up for later.

- Rough Astral Diamonds!

The "AA" is also less inspiring than I was hoping. The ability to get power points is nice but it's like 250,000 per each additional "level". Which is a lot of grindage.

The Tomes of Experience might be OK for alts. Basically when they introduce a new class you could have enough tomes banked to probably hit Level 60 day one depending on how much XP they hold. For some reason I'm guessing it wont be a 1:1 exchange with each tome being worth 250,000 XP.

I wonder how much the RAD reward will be. Very annoying that they can't just give you AD though instead of shit you have to refine. The 24k per day limit on refining AD really sucks.
Heroic Encounters
Discover new quest encounters that appear as you adventure through Icewind Dale.
Heroic Encounters come in 3 sizes. Each size is suited to a number of players.

Small encounters that are good fights for 2-3 players
Medium encounters that is good for 3-6 players
Large encounters that are good fights for 6-10 players.

As Heroic Encounters are cleared new ones will appear, each with different objectives and time restrictions. You can see on the main map that when you mouse over the icon it shows the remaining time. You can also see this in the Heroic Encounter Tracker in the main map.

Completing Heroic Encounters earn Black Ice, rare rewards and are required for campaign progress.
So basically forcing you to 'group' if you want to progress? Too early to tell exactly how that works but it seems like a big strike there for casual players like myself.

Really can't say I'm all that keen on the mixing of pve/pvp. I liked it when this game didn't seem to cater to PvP so much. Now it seems every nerf that comes along is because of it. Why can't games just pick either PvE or PvP instead of trying to work both in since it seldom seems to work. Yes it's optional if you want to participate or not but since powers and abilities are the same whether in pve or pvp a nerf to one impacts the other.

Regardless, I really hope Module 3 is just an experiment and not an indication of all future modules because so far it's turning into a totally different game than it started out as.

--
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Heard about the split shot nerf. That is really the only reason to play a HR (as far as I can tell). 15-25% would be more reasonable, not that the skill is too OP.

As for the "AAs" if it is just additional power points to max out existing powers, well, that is fucking stupid! Every class has skills that nobody bothers to use. No point in having extra points for them!

AD rewards would be good. Not so sure on Exp Books. Not like it is hard to level up a character and the snail's pace of releasing additional classes makes that a bit moot since most folks have likely already leveled 3-6 classes up.

Really was hoping for a real AA-style progression. Love my CW but I do not like doing exp-based activities for 0 progression.
en kærlighed småkager
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Module 3.. Eh. It's definitely made for people with higher gearscore. Biggrin's Tomb is painful with a DC. I'm only going to be doing that one once. There's a difference between being challenging and just being annoying with all those wights.

Open PvP... Don't care.

Black ice crap that fades over time basically = another annoying thing.

Anyway don't think I'll be spending a whole lot of time in Module 3. It doesn't seem that casual friendly. Here's hoping Module 4 is better in 4 months or whenever it will be. On the plus side that means more freetime to do other things not in NW. The only good ting about Module 3 is that it pushed Zen to 500 so I was able to sell a bunch although now I don't really have anything to buy with all that AD.

--
Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

Had my first lag-free-enough day in a while and got Biggrin's Tomb and the beholder done.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Yeah lag was an issue until the last patch on Thursday. Hard to avoid red areas when you're rubberbanding all over the place.

Biggrins Tomb is still lame!

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

An update: I haven't played this in awhile. There was just too many nerfs time and time again. Most of them were designed to try and get you to spend money.

It's a shame because I like the actual gameplay... But I hate how Cryptic/PWE have designed this to be a money sink if you want to actually do the end game content, such as it is. It's fun to pick up and play a character through the campaign and to max level but after that you're better off moving on to something else.

My favorite class though is Oathbound Paladin. It does decent DPS and is pretty good on surviveability. I seldom used a health potion while playing.

--