2013 Finished Game List

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: 2013 Finished Game List

Post by Aslanna »

Like Far Cry I really enjoyed the game when it was just in the jungle with human enemies.. So basically the first half of the game or whatever. They you got aliens and shit and I thought it was just stupid. So no I don't think Crysis is a good game. Generally speaking the Crysis games are all just 'demos' for their engine.

Not sure why anyone would get any of the three for consoles though.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Far Cry 3 was a better game. The aliens in Crysis were bullet sponges and I enjoyed killing humans much more.

Also, the game bugged out, like 4-5 times. Like, I had to kill a helicopter to start the next sequence and the helicopter had flown all the way to the ceiling in the game and was just a speck in the sky. Another time I fell in a hole and couldn't get out. Those issues were pretty annoying and I cannot remember the last game that had bugs like that where I had to reload my last save so often. All the bugs happened just when it was time to start a new sequence.

Also, I actually have Crysis 2 on PC as well but will likely still play it on my 360!
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

05/18/13 - Postal 2 - Mac - FINISHED
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

Just wrapped up Infamous 2 last night (thanks PS+). Very fun game. Enjoyed it quite a bit. Now on to Uncharted 3.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I added NFS Most Wanted because I've played the shit out of that game and I think I'm finished with it. Lots of multiplayer with friends and just sitting around on the couch replaying the same races over and over. I have a shitload of racing games to play through, so I'm dropping NFS as my go to racer and will replace it with a backlog game like Forza Horizon.

I'm also getting pretty close to beating The Saboteur. I went on a kick this weekend and played the shit out of it. I need to look at a guide and figure out how far I am. By looking at the map and the unlocks, I gotta be at least half way. I'll play this one until the end and add it to the list. Such a fun game!
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

The Saboteur was such a pleasant surprise to me when I played it. I bought it for cheap at WalMart and it's one of my absolute favorite Open World games his gen. I preferred it to GTA, Red Dead Redemption and others.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I liked it as well. Some of the missions, like the racing one, were lame. I don't remember it being an overly long game unless you want to Plat/1000 it. That can eat up lots of time.

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I have a lot of little gems like The Saboteur in my collection. It's one of the reasons I like to have a library of games. Same thing with movies and books too.

I looked it up and I'm over 2/3rds through the game. I could skip some side quests and finish pretty early if I wanted. I get distracted killing Nazis at every opportunity which tends to pad the game length considerably. It has a little "open world jank" but it isn't anything too serious. A lot of the weapons are kind of redundant, but they all kill Nazis so it's all good.
Dakanaf
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Dakanaf »

Well of course it was good, it was made by Pandemic! Too bad it was also the last game they made..
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

I just marked Borderlands 2 as completed on the Xbox 360. I wrapped up all the achievements that shipped with the original game and that would get me a Platinum on the PS3. =P
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Finished Final Fantasy 3 for Android, and The Last of Us. I'll definitely be going for plat for TLOU.

Started playing Metro Last Light, and Heart of the Swarm campaign now that my pc is working again.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Funkmasterr wrote:Finished Final Fantasy 3 for Android, and The Last of Us. I'll definitely be going for plat for TLOU.

Started playing Metro Last Light, and Heart of the Swarm campaign now that my pc is working again.

bro i will hellbat drop your probe line so fucking bad
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Leonaerd wrote:
Funkmasterr wrote:Finished Final Fantasy 3 for Android, and The Last of Us. I'll definitely be going for plat for TLOU.

bro i will hellbat drop your probe line so fucking bad
:lol:
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Rogue Legacy 100%! Not a bad game but the all items achievement was lame. Basically beat the game 3 times before getting the final item.

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I hit lvl 90 on my Priest in WoW and immediately got his ilvl up to 446. I have 4 pieces of lvl 476 gear and most is 453ish. My trinkets are dragging me waaaay down. I have 2x 315 trinkets. It's the hardest item to upgrade for me for some reason.

Anyway, it was a lot of work but I'm extremely happy with making such large progress in such a short amount of time. All my major pieces are gemmed and enchanted too. That gets expensive!
Dakanaf
Gets Around
Gets Around

Post by Dakanaf »

For trinkets grab a ghost iron dragonling from an engineer or ah to use then go to domination point (or lion's landing if you are horde) in krasarang wilds. You may have to unlock it first if you haven't. Then kills the named guys in there that drop the honor tokens, they also drop pvp trinkets, just keep those in your inventory. They will cheese your ilvl up and you'll be able to que for lfr to get actual trinkets. I was 480 ilvl and in tot lfr the day after I hit 90 on my warrior with some careful planning. Make sure you have the 502 boots from the quest lorewalker cho gives you too, super easy!
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Dakanaf wrote:For trinkets grab a ghost iron dragonling from an engineer or ah to use then go to domination point (or lion's landing if you are horde) in krasarang wilds. You may have to unlock it first if you haven't. Then kills the named guys in there that drop the honor tokens, they also drop pvp trinkets, just keep those in your inventory. They will cheese your ilvl up and you'll be able to que for lfr to get actual trinkets. I was 480 ilvl and in tot lfr the day after I hit 90 on my warrior with some careful planning. Make sure you have the 502 boots from the quest lorewalker cho gives you too, super easy!
Ghost trinket alone brought me to 456. I knew those trinkets were dragging me down, but not that much! I was already getting one of these. My dad made one and emailed it to me so I was waiting on it. He also sent me 10k and a JC mount! I guess he's sitting on 100k+ between all of his characters.

Thanks for the Loremaster tip. I'm doing that right now and it's a lot of fun. I know the lore/storytelling in WoW gets shit on, but I honestly don't know why. People must not read the actual quest text or watch the cut scenes. This Loremaster quest chain is amazing in a series of really fantastic quest chains. Very cinematic and enjoyable with loads of story and a great theme. I can just feel this chain is leading up to much bigger things and it's pretty exciting to be a part of it. I've just used the cat to steal siege plans and now I have to gather supplies to befriend the trolls. I'll likely finish this later today at some point.

Meanwhile, your plan to camp another trinket is next on my list for sure. Although it sounds like my dad will be sending me a Dark Moon trinket very soon too. I think I have to camp that area anyway for Brawler's Guild, right? That's on my list, but for my feral druid more so than my priest. After playing other classes I really appreciate the versatility of my feral druid that much more. He can do so much more than my priest, shaman, or rogue at any given time.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Just got me a Platinum on Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward on Vita. What a great game that was. It's heavier on the story than the gameplay. I'd call it more an interactive novel than a game per say but the whole package is a very well put together experience that is really worth playing IMO. (Sadly it's not part of PS+ anymore).

Put over 30 hours in this to completely finish the game.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Ducktales HD down! I've been playing it with my kids for the past 2 weeks here and there. Holy shit the last level was a fucking bitch. My kids got to watch daddy grit my teeth and fight through the anger until it was over.

That is the first WiiU game I have actually completed.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Wrapped up Skylanders Swap Force with my kids yesterday morning.

Those games may be a money pit but you havta give it to Activision, they're putting out a quality, fun game every time and the kids are loving these toys on a level I haven't seen since Pokémon.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Battlefield 4 down, my first PS4 game! This was the best single player in the series. Short, but sweet. By completing various "point" based objectives and kills you uock weapons fir multiplayer. Try as I may, multiplayer is fucking broken as shit right now. It is completely unplayable. EA dropped the ball hardcore on it's launch of BF4.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I finished Resogun! It's only five levels so not a lot there. I don't see myself completing this on higher difficulties though. I got about 50% of the trophies including saving all the humans on every level.

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Fairweather Pure wrote:Battlefield 4 down, my first PS4 game! This was the best single player in the series. Short, but sweet. By completing various "point" based objectives and kills you uock weapons fir multiplayer. Try as I may, multiplayer is fucking broken as shit right now. It is completely unplayable. EA dropped the ball hardcore on it's launch of BF4.

The campaign was terrible, maybe we played a different game? And I'm not sure how the ball was dropped, the game was out on the ps3 and working fine, I had zero issues. On the ps4 I've had no issues getting in a game either. Apparently there was a DOS attack on EA over the weekend that was messing things up a bit though, which is probably why it took me like two days to install.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Funkmasterr wrote:
Fairweather Pure wrote:Battlefield 4 down, my first PS4 game! This was the best single player in the series. Short, but sweet. By completing various "point" based objectives and kills you uock weapons fir multiplayer. Try as I may, multiplayer is fucking broken as shit right now. It is completely unplayable. EA dropped the ball hardcore on it's launch of BF4.

The campaign was terrible, maybe we played a different game?
Well to be fair he did say "in the series". BF isn't exactly known for their excellent (or even good) single player campaigns.

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Funkmasterr wrote:The campaign was terrible, maybe we played a different game? And I'm not sure how the ball was dropped, the game was out on the ps3 and working fine, I had zero issues. On the ps4 I've had no issues getting in a game either. Apparently there was a DOS attack on EA over the weekend that was messing things up a bit though, which is probably why it took me like two days to install.

The campaign was completely fine. Better than average for these types of games IMO. I stopped caring about CoD single player when they started taking themselves so seriously and threw a dozen characters at you that all looked/sounded the same. That series got extremely complicated. I barely followed the plot. In BF4, it was a slimmed down plot line that was pretty simple (thankfully so). You followed the same 4 people and no one else mattered. You had your important part to play in the narrative with huge set pieces along the way and in the end you save the day by making a choice on who lives or dies. I thought it was a lot of fun. BF3's campaign was a fucking mess. Bad Company was good, Bad Company 2 was not. I would rate BF as pretty good by comparison.

The game is broken as fuck on PS4. The EA forums are nothing but "I cannot even play multiplayer" type posts. They know they released a turd.

DICE has this broadcasting across the game when you log in:
We are aware of the frequent crashes in Battlefield 4 on PlayStation 4. We are hard at work identifying these issues and are hoping to get a game update out early next week. Stay tuned for more details as we can confirm them, and thanks for your patience!
"Frequent Crashes" is putting it fucking mildly!

The 360 version needed a patch to be playable as well. What a wreck.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

CoD Ghosts down. Standard fare as always but it had some pretty cool parts in it as well. It had a twist ending I never saw coming. The near future war thing was a weird mcguffin to fit in the "Ghost" story. It didn't really seem needed for the story they told. They describe a world filled with devastation that you never really get to see or interact with. Actually, most locations look pretty nice!
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Got platinum for Resogun. The trophy to get through the game without losing all your lives on experienced definitely gave me trouble.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Credit roll for Peggle 2 on Xbox One. =)
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Oh yeah, I gotta buy Peggle 2!
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Not a very productive year as far as completing games goes. I got 3 platinums! And one was just from loading the completed Sly save on the Vita. I haven't really done much gaming this year and don't see that changing much a anytime soon.

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I'm going to try and squeeze Dead Rising 3 in before the year's end. I think I'm almost finished.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

I'm getting close on AC4 and Tearaway(I think).
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I think I said this last year but I will reiterate it again:

This was a great idea. I use it often and it's great to look back at the previous years and see what I was playing and when. I have definite trends in my play times but the types of games I finish are all over the map. This has been more entertaining than I ever really thought possible when I made the first thread years ago. I tend to post a game I beat, then make a few comments on it. That simple format is really entertaining to read years later. I like how others chime in on their opinions on the games too.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Wrapped up Tearaway. That one was quite the experience. The ending made my daughter cry for about 5 minutes.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Dead Rising 3 down! Best launch game by far IMO. I didn't want to put it down. Story was shit but the gameplay was non stop fun.

I loved every minute of that game.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

So AC4: Black Flag was amazing. Easily the best since 2 IMO. There's a video sequence mid-credits that you won't want to miss.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I am waiting on it to hit $20. For the PS4 version... Might be awhile!

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Animalor wrote:So AC4: Black Flag was amazing. Easily the best since 2 IMO. There's a video sequence mid-credits that you won't want to miss.
I need to get back to this. I just got my boat in the game when the holidays hit. Then I got distracted by Dead Rising 3. I really think I should finish Bioshock Infinite first, then get back to Black Flag afterwards. As far as my "next gen" games go, I'm finishing them off at a fairly good rate right now. Of course now I have a 3DS and Vita to further distract me from my backlog. Who am I kidding? The PS4 and Xbone are pretty barren for the next several months so there's plenty of time to spread the love around my other platforms.