Eq mod: shards of dalaya - Free to play

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Neziroth
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Eq mod: shards of dalaya - Free to play

Post by Neziroth »

Hey old playmates,

I just wanted to make a quick post to support the new game community that I have joined. We do an account drive every summer to keep the game alive.

It's called Shards of Dalaya and it's a very professionally run eq emu mod. The zones aren't the same and everything you know from eq has changed. It's not ez mode by any means - no plane of knowledge for super fast travel, instead there's the much more sinister mansion of portals that some people refuse to even use.

There are no corpse runs, but death is still punished by xp debt and a rebuff that makes you unable to cast or attack for 5 minutes.

Overall xp is faster than eq, and grouping is rewarded by huge xp bonuses. Being social is encouraged because anything over 2 boxing is not allowed. During primetime the game floats around 250 active players.

You can be lvl 65 max and raid ready inside of 2 months if you try hard but you won't be at the very top of the raid scene for a looooong time. Raids are tuned very well and a max of 18 people can participate in a raid so skill and strategy really come into play.

If you miss eq the way it used to be, check this out. If you sign up please reference me so I get credit! My in game name is Ludovician, look me up and I'll help you get set up.

At the very least check out the site and forums or wiki at http://www.shardsofdalaya.com

-Neziroth - veeshan
-Ludovician - Shards
<a href="http://www.fictionpress.com/~mjlb">See the other side...</a>

Feel free to share your thoughts~
Siji
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: mAcK 624
PSN ID: mAcK_624
Wii Friend Code: 7304853446448491

Re: Eq mod: shards of dalaya - Free to play

Post by Siji »

It always amazed me how close to the actual game people were able to make the emulators. I never understood how that was accomplished. Sounds cool though.
Neziroth
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Neziroth »

Best thing is Aside from the engine and classes/races it's nothing like eq. New items, spells, mobs, raid mechanics, etc. Definitely Check it out even if you don't want to reference me.

It's a whole new game to explore and learn... For instance Freeport is an undead raid town with raid targets.

Hesten
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Hesten »

Neziroth wrote:Best thing is Aside from the engine and classes/races it's nothing like eq. New items, spells, mobs, raid mechanics, etc. Definitely Check it out even if you don't want to reference me.

It's a whole new game to explore and learn... For instance Freeport is an undead raid town with raid targets.
Err, Freeport was always a raid town....at least my troll warrior killed his number of guards :)
"Terrorism is the war of the poor, and war is the terrorism of the rich"
Neziroth
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Neziroth »

You sir have made a good point. I am lacking a response!

Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Asheran Mojomaster »

Wow, SOD is still around? I played there for 6 months or so YEARS ago. I remember there were smaller scale raid mobs all over the place, starting at like level 9 that big groups of people would rush. People outside of the level range for it could not attack it or heal the people fighting.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Neziroth wrote:I am lacking a response!
No, you're not.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Kluden
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Kluden »

I tried getting into it...just too spoiled by today's standards in controls I guess :( I put your name in when I created an account though, so you get the kudos.