E3 2012 Chatter

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

E3 2012 Chatter

Post by Winnow »

Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Re: E3 2012 Chatter

Post by Boogahz »

omg, rumble would make me throw that thing out the window...if I managed to unbox it without collapsing in a heap while laughing at it.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I don't. And what's with the face buttons on the side? Who is going to be pushing those? Nobody! That's a definite design FAIL especially if you think the PS3 controllers are bad.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:I don't. And what's with the face buttons on the side? Who is going to be pushing those? Nobody! That's a definite design FAIL especially if you think the PS3 controllers are bad.
Typically controls on the side like that would just be alternate input, kinda like on the Guitar Hero stuff, not meant for primary use.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

They're meant to allow you to play while covering your face in shame for wearing the helmet.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Regardless of what they are for it's just stupid placement. Who wants to be pushing buttons on the side of their head they can't even see? It a headset thing like this is actually developed and produced it should be in conjunction with a handheld controller. Buttons on your head are dumb and will just result in unnecessary materials cost.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:Regardless of what they are for it's just stupid placement. Who wants to be pushing buttons on the side of their head they can't even see? It a headset thing like this is actually developed and produced it should be in conjunction with a handheld controller. Buttons on your head are dumb and will just result in unnecessary materials cost.
I dunno, seems useful if you're using it with kinect or something. Probably wouldn't have a controller in your hand. Headsets do have controls on the side:

I doubt they'd be used much but do you actually look at the controller in your hand when you push buttons? It's not too hard to figure out four buttons in a diamond pattern without looking.

(the helmet is a mock up, not the actual product)
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I realize that. Hence why I stated "If a headset thing like this is actually developed and produced it should be in conjunction with a handheld controller".

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Wii U to not feature hard-drive, instead to sport 8GB flash memory.

Wii U to feature "HD" virtual console, select "classic" games to be re-mastered in HD.

Nintendo to allow select GameCube titles to "be downloaded from WiiWare" onto Wii U, comes from NintendoGal interview with Amber McCollom, E&T director at NoA.

Project Offset to be revived as Wii U exclusive, I.P. picked up by Nintendo.

Mass Effect 3 being developed for "Next-Gen System", possibly hinting Wii U release.

Wii U-specific Sonic the Hedgehog game in the works, will be spin-off of main line series, SEGA has since denied "Sonic Dimensions" specific game speculation for Wii U, but says Wii U is still very "applicable to Sonic".

Dead Space being developed for "unannounced console" alongside PS3 and X360, possibility of Wii U release, game confirmed to release in 2012-2013 fiscal year, most likely Dead Space 3 (see rumor #24 for more on Dead Space).

The Darkness II being planned for Wii U, no further details given.

Wii U to support two tablet controller support, Nintendo feels that it's "absolutely necessary".

EA and Valve competing to become "main service" for Wii U's online system.

Ubisoft working on "AAA MMO Title", speculated to be for Wii U.

Final Fantasy XV to be officially announced for Wii U (see rumor #86 for more on Final Fantasy).

Wii U's online store to be a "fully featured app store", includes digital distribution of eBooks and YouTube app (see rumor #81 for more on eBooks).

Project Ogre to land on Wii U, developed by Kojima Productions.

Sonic and SEGA All-Star Racing Transformed to be released on Wii U, also developed by Sumo Digital.

Wii U's Nintendo Network feature to be configurable online with web browser, to feature "new feature that haven't been used before by Nintendo", rivals PSN and XBL.

Rocksteady working on TMNT game for Wii U, to be in the style of Batman: Arkham City, Rocksteady has since denied this rumor, but continues to work on "next-gen platforms".

Star Trek game to be released on “all major home consoles and PC”, possibly hinting Wii U release (Star Trek to be released in 2013).

Nintendo considering name change for Wii U, having trouble conveying message to consumers.

IO Interactive to bring Hitman: Absolution to Wii U, being developed alongside PS3, X360, and PC versions.

Junction Point to "implement Wii U support for Epic Mickey 2", unsure to be Wii U SKU or enhanced emulation (tablet support).

Activision to support Nintendo "greater that before", developing launch title for Wii U (Call of Duty: Black Ops 2?)

5th Cell working on unannounced Wii U title, to be Wii U launch title (Scribblenauts?).

Wii U to see release of TimeSplitters 4, Overstrike, new Dead Space, TimeSplitters 4 since been denied in development by Crytek, Dead Space 3 officially confirmed for E3 2012 showing.

THQ reportedly working on 2 unannounced Wii U games, one of which possibly uDraw-related.

Nintendo working with MySpace to bring "MySpace TV" app to Wii U, MySpace TV has since been confirmed to exist, no information on Wii U version (or its specific existence).

Anonymous Japanese source claims Wii U to launch at $299, Nintendo has no plans to announce Wii U price at E3 2012.

Medal of Honor: Warfighter coming to Wii U, reported by Austrian newspaper Der Standard.

Nintendo Gamer magazine speculates on Bioshock Infinite's port to Wii U, says is "likely", Vicarious Visions confirmed to be working on Wii U game, delayed PS3, X360 versions of the game to 2013.

Darkstalkers 4 rumored to be in development, to be released on Wii U, PS3, and X360, according to Venture Beat.

Ubisoft working on a "card" game for Wii U, set to be Wii U launch title.

Nintendo tweaking dev kits to make room for Unreal Engine 4.

Nintendo to show ten to eleven Nintendo-published retail titles for Wii U at E3 2012, three new Nintendo I.P.'s to be revealed.

Nintendo to price Wii U "lower than they want to", looking forward to magnify momentum during holiday season.

Ubisoft working on "Lady Gaga: The Experience" for Wii U, according to Dual Pixels.

Wii U to support 720p as "sweet spot" resolution with tablet controller use, tablet controller screen to handle 480p, simpler games to handle 1080p at ease.

Massive Wii U eShop games list (all rumored, none confirmed), includes listing for World of Warcraft and Phantasy Star Online, see list here.

Capcom to make showing at Wii U show floor at E3 2012, categorized under "action".

Wii U uses Wii's USB-Ethernet adaptor for profiling, basic pipeline similar to X360.

Grand Theft Auto V to be released on Wii U, to be delayed across all consoles for Wii U support, says analyst.

Wii U to launch on November 18th in North America, in Japan the week after, according to Japanese source, Nintendo has no plans to announce Wii U launch date at E3 2012.

Lucid developing Gran Turismo-style racing game for Wii U entitled "Concept Grand Prix", to feature "extremely realistic physics", focuses on community features, to compete with Forza and Gran Turismo, more details at E3 2012.

LucusArts creating MMO for Wii U, according to E3 2012 floor listings (Star Wars: The Old Republic?).

Toki Tori 2 for Wii U to feature "Steam Cloud support", Two Tribes claims idea to be only a follower suggestion, neither confirms nor denies such feature.

Gaijin Games have possession of Wii U dev kit, teases Wii U version of Runner 2 on multiple occasions, rumored to currently be in development.

Nintendo discussing the use of "haptic feedback technology" (a special kind of rumble) to be implemented on Wii U controller, not yet official.

Wii U tablet controller camera to feature facial recognition, movie recording, motion tracking (head/eyes), video chat, to support DRC camera.

James Bond license being used for upcoming Wii U game, no further details given.

Nintendo making deals with content companies to provide entertainment/content for Wii U, according to Adweek.

Pikmin 3 is "almost finished", possibly a Wii U launch title, to be shown at E3 2012.

Nintendo teaming up with Epic Games to create Metroid for Wii U, to run on Unreal Engine 3.

Wii U operating system to be mobile based (Android?).

Wii U tablet controller wireless range to Wii U base console to expand to multiple rooms, even multiple floors.

Wii U tablet controller to feature "Gamer Card" feature, to feature StreetPass that allows the transfer of activity and profile, "comparable to Pokémon's pedometer", to feature built-in screen, able to connect to Nintendo Network.

"Unnamed source" claims Wii U to cost $180 to manufacture, of which $50 to make tablet controller.

MonolithSoft working on Wii U project, no further details given.

Wii U to have some sort of "dock" (charging dock?), according to Nintendo patent.

Wii U launch line-up to be "pretty damn good", according to GameTrailer's Shane Shatterfield.

SEGA working on unannounced downloadable Wii U game, also for PSN, XBLA, and PC.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 to be announced for Wii U, according to GameStop listing.

Wii U tablet controller to feature "clickable Circle Pads", similar to "click sticks" for PS and Xbox, Wii U Circle Pads has since been raised several millimeters above tablet controller.

Wii U tablet controller to feature "analog triggers", similar to GameCube.

Frontier working on project for Wii U (LostWinds?), no further details given.

Retro working on StarFox game for Wii U, possibly Star Fox x Metroid crossover, game since confirmed to not be at E3, see details here

Wii U to have Splinter Cell 6, Rabbids Party Land/Raving Rabbids game, Just Dance 4, much more, according to listing on Blockbuster UK, Blockbuster claims listings to be "speculation" and "placeholders", neither confirms nor denies listing source (see rumor #71 & #80 for more on Splinter Cell; see rumor #67 & #74 for more on Just Dance 4; see rumor #78 for more on Rabbids Party Land).

Wii U dev kits (version 5) final as of May 7, brings unspecified "good news", "original" and "not necessarily... obvious".

Ubisoft Reflections working on unannounced Wii U game, set for 2012 release, speculated to be either Driver, Just Dance, or Far Cry related (inferred from studio development history).

Wii U to come packed-in with free Wiimote, tablet controller to possibly have capacitive touch screen, according to Nintendo patent.

New Wii U controller to feature analog sticks, also re-layout of buttons, as seen in Twitter pic from Q/A tester at Traveller's Tales.

Nintendo's Tadashi Sugiyama is working on new Wii U game to be shown at E3, previously worked on Ice Climber, F-Zero, and Mario Kart franchises.

New Splinter Cell game in the works for Wii U and PS3, not mentioned whether it will be SC6 or spin-off, according to HipHopGamer (source has been accurate in the past).

Wii U to feature cloud storage for save games and profile data, comes via system update in 2013, tied to Nintendo Network profile, to be integrated into Wii U channels, joint development between Mozy Inc. and Nintendo.

Ubisoft working on free-to-play Wii U game, says analyst, possibly referring to Ghost Recon Online, coincides with job listing at Ubisoft for "AAA online game", to feature purchasable DLC.

New Nintendo I.P. for Wii U called "Acid Ghost", to be shown at E3 2012, originally was going to be published by Konami on PS3/X360, to feature "dark sense of humor", according to anonymous source at GoNintendo.

Ubisoft to "continue to grow the [Just Dance] brand with geographical expansion, and new platforms", hinting at possible Wii U release.

Supposed "insider" claims "something green and white" coming to Wii U, possibly hinting at new Yoshi game.

Namco Bandai working on new Fooly Cooly game for Wii U, 3DS, according to post on IMDb, to be official sequel of the anime.

New Castlevania game in the works for Wii U (Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2?), able to interact with Castlevania: Mirror of Fate game for 3DS, heading also to PS3, X360, and PSVita.

Ubisoft working on new party game, from LinkedIn profile of Ubisoft employee, employee has history of working on Rabbids franchise, possibly Rabbids party game.

Wii U to feature game suspension similar to 3DS, also to support multitasking.

Ubisoft working on Wii U version of Splinter Cell: Blacklist, to be released in 2013 alongside PS3 and X360 versions.

Evergeek Tech Inc. working on eBook distribution for Wii U, according to LinkedIn profile.

Square-Enix bringing Kingdom Hearts HD Remix to Wii U, plot connections to KH:3D exclusive to Wii U version.

Zen Studios working on CastleStorm for "Nintendo digital platforms", possibly hinting at Wii U release, since been confirmed for 3DS eShop, more info to be revealed at E3.

Blizzard currently working on 2 console projects, one or both for Wii U, possibly Diablo III or Starcraft III, also working on MMO "Project Titans".

Square Enix to merge Final Fantasy Versus XIII into Final Fantasy XV, to be released on Wii U and X360 PS3 (thanks Uchihataketo).

"Mario Wii U" to be Wii U launch title, according to Geoff Keighley of GT.TV.

Nintendo to show Star Fox, F-Zero, Smash Bros. at E3 2012, claims source from Gaming Unwrapped.

NEW! Luigi's Mansion 2 to be announced for Wii U, to be launch title, says UK retailer.

NEW! "Scribblenauts Unlimited" URL registered by 5th Cell, possibly hinting at Wii U Scribblenauts game based on title and gameplay style, according to Joystiq.
There's your Wii U pre E3 Rumor list!

Bonus art:

Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

No matter how awesome it may (or may not) be the simple fact is that the controller makes me not even consider it. The stupid name, if they go with it, is just the icing on the cake.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:No matter how awesome it may (or may not) be the simple fact is that the controller makes me not even consider it. The stupid name, if they go with it, is just the icing on the cake.
I'm a known Nintendo hater and continue to think it's retarded if their new console can't fully support 1080P on AAA games. Even poor people own TVs that support 1080P now. According to the "rumors" and tech stats, Wii U will still struggle with 1080P and mosdtly offer 720P on high end games. That's such a cheap-ass move on their part. I'm noticing major differences in visual quality between PS3/360 console version of games and their PC counterparts. Amalur and Wicther 2 for example look like ass compared to the PC. It's really noticeable when you start on the PC and then move over the the console versions. Sure, most people are tech morons and don't care but it's a disservice to them anyway. No chance in hell I'll get a console that won't support 1080P fully, same as why the Wii was such a lame ass console for being 480P. I guess most people will shit their pants when Nintendo gives them something more then a composite cable n the box.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

I'm wondering if Nintendo is accepting their niche status. 720p might be fine if your target audience is the TV most kids have in their bedroom. My admittedly small sample population of my friends' kids have mostly ~22" TVs.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

masteen wrote:I'm wondering if Nintendo is accepting their niche status. 720p might be fine if your target audience is the TV most kids have in their bedroom. My admittedly small sample population of my friends' kids have mostly ~22" TVs.

I doubt it because their big push with Wii U is getting out AAA titles that are adult oriented. Check that rumor list. It's all target at the typical 30's something gamer audience.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Looking good Nintendo!

http://kotaku.com/5915331/the-wii-u-har ... s-familiar

Nintendo's "hardcore" controller for the Wii U, are they seriously going to swap the X and Y button? Why? Just to make it more confusing? It looks like a Wal Mart special third party budget controller for the 360.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Even a "harcore controller" means nothing if they don't make games that support it. The Wii has the Classic Controller but just about every game has to use stupid motion control gimmicks so you're stuck using the WiiMote.

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I jsut watched Nintendo's 30 min Sunday controller intro. Jesus. Besides their new controller being large (width/height)...that thing is thick! It's not some slim type of pad. What an ugly piece of work. They showed some guy using it in a "commercial/demo" for it. Bad move showing it from the front.

Here's a link to the part where you can see the controller being used:

http://youtu.be/9AkPdAWfFjI?hd=1&t=12m40s
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

This year's E3 will be as good as the Borderlands 2 info released.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Yeah this time around I don't see any way I'll buy the Nintendo console.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Assassin's Creed III trailer Looks decent. But given Ubisoft's track record of quickly dropping prices it wont be a day one purchase.

Only game trailer from E3 that I've seen so far. What other are there!

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aslanna wrote:Assassin's Creed III trailer Looks decent. But given Ubisoft's track record of quickly dropping prices it wont be a day one purchase.

Only game trailer from E3 that I've seen so far. What other are there!
Most of the sequels look boring although the new Halo team seems to have done a good job with Halo 4.

Last of Us game play looks good:

http://youtu.be/8ZYkj0glnqs?hd=1

lots of detail, looked like the screen froze a few times. Time for next gen consoles.

While people thought Last of Us girl seemed like Ellen Page....here's actual Ellen Page:

http://youtu.be/4NEup8y0g-Q?hd=1

Beyond: Two Souls

Seems more like a movie than a game.

---

Watch Dogs:

http://youtu.be/FcMRkyoHKeA?hd=1

Visually, the best of the bunch and the facial animations look great during dialogue scenes. Game play looks interesting.

-----

Star Wars 1313:

http://youtu.be/U08QNPk0ZNE?hd=1

Probably a next gen console game for next year's Microsoft/Sony console releases.
Hesten
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Hesten »

Hmmm, Two Souls looks good.
"Terrorism is the war of the poor, and war is the terrorism of the rich"
Chidoro
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Chidoro »

Winnow wrote:I jsut watched Nintendo's 30 min Sunday controller intro. Jesus. Besides their new controller being large (width/height)...that thing is thick! It's not some slim type of pad. What an ugly piece of work. They showed some guy using it in a "commercial/demo" for it. Bad move showing it from the front.

Here's a link to the part where you can see the controller being used:

http://youtu.be/9AkPdAWfFjI?hd=1&t=12m40s
maybe the official conference will be better?
isn't that god awful pad thing resistive touch? Nin loves to chisel buyers on the hardware.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

I thought E3 was pretty terrible this year. You can really tell that MS and Sony are distracted my next gen tech. Both conferences showed a severe lack of games compared to past events. They really left the door wide open for Nintendo to come on stage and own the show with the WiiU. Instead, Nintendo dropped the ball so bad it is almost comical, showing off a pitiful amount of titles and actually proudly boasted about having last year's offerings like ME3 and Arkham City as though everyone on the planet hasn't played and beaten those titles already. Those will be 20$ or less platinum hits by the time the WiiU is even available.

Sony ignored Vita almost entriely and Nintendo pimped the 3DS more than it's new console, all the while never revealing an actual realse date or price for the WiiU.

This was the bleed out year form this generation of consoles and games. Nintendo failed hard to give me a reason to own a WiiU. There are only a handful of games I'm looking forward to and there were times this gen where I was buying 4-5 games a month. I'm actually ok with this because next gen is right around the corner and I have a lot to catch up on.

All the usual suspects showed up and looked like I expected them to. God of War, CoD, Halo, Mario, Last of Us, AC, ect will be bought at one point or another. PS Battle Royale looks like fun too.

Trying to pick a highlight is impossible because there wasn't a single surprise moment in the show for me. The worst is also hard to pick because all 3 presentations were full of terrible moments. I guess I would choose PS3's shitty 20 minute Book of Spells as the worst though.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

E3 '12 was a huge win for PC gaming.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

Lots of companies aren't using E3 as a mechanism to promote their shit anymore. There is no reason to now with social media and the prevalence of the internet. E3 costs a lot of money to get any attention and it isn't worth it.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

kyoukan wrote:Lots of companies aren't using E3 as a mechanism to promote their shit anymore. There is no reason to now with social media and the prevalence of the internet. E3 costs a lot of money to get any attention and it isn't worth it.
It's not just that IMO. It feels like these companies are really concentrating on expanding beyond gaming, at times at the expense of the gamer. I fully understand that E3 is not for gamers like PAX or TGS. It's more for showing off tech and lineups to the press. This year just felt extra dry because this generation has been so long. We're beyong sequels and well into 4th and 5th entries into popular series. It just feels a little bland in general compared to even 3-4 years ago. As much as I bash the Book of Spells from Sony, it was on the front page of the Tech section of USA Today the next day. They are accomplishing their goals, I just wish the actual games weren't so marginalised. I believe next gen consoles will breath new life into E3 and gaming in general. This 7th generation has been the longest ever by a great margin and it is showing it's age.

There were still some great games though and I am constantly amazed at how these companies can milk their old hardware. Sleeping Dogs looks insane!