Spate - my new game

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Sparty
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Spate - my new game

Post by Sparty »

Hey gang,
I've been working on a PC platformer set in a steam punk world.

Here's the trailer (complete with poop joke).
http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri= ... I6YV_EqqCQ

And the kickstarter page (granted, anyone here can just ask when it's finished and I will send it free of charge :)
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/379113968/spate

Let me know what y'all think.

My name is sparty
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Spate - my new game

Post by Aslanna »

I'm not sure YouTube link works properly!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Nice looking game. A link that works. Also, you're a few clams closer to reaching your goal.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

hey guyz I haven't really been part of this community in over 5 years but I hear I can get free money if you'll donate to my shitty kickstarter.

It sure didn't take long for this crowd funding gimmick to get beat to death.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

kyoukan wrote:hey guyz I haven't really been part of this community in over 5 years but I hear I can get free money if you'll donate to my shitty kickstarter.

It sure didn't take long for this crowd funding gimmick to get beat to death.
Shut the fuck up you dumb bitch. Sparty has always shared his work with us ever since he first started working in 3D modeling and later gaming. If your stupid ass was more of a contributer and less of a complete negative troll you'd have known that.

On the other hand, it sounds like you're a little jealous of anyone that manages to raise a dime since you can't think of a way to raise money now that your dude paycheck is bored of you. Go watch your freebie boring joke of a game Diablo beta trickle down to your 486 and stick your hands in a fire.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

It looks fantastic Sparty. You have a lot to be proud of.
Sparty
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Sparty »

Lol, kyoukan, when did you get so grumpy? Must have missed that in my 5 years away (which isnt true). None the less, nice to here from ya =)

Winnow hit it right on the head. I cherish the community here and always love sharing my work here as most of the people here have the same interest as I do, and therefore my projects may be of interest to them. Like I said in the first post, no one here needs to pay. Its free to anyone who wants it once released. I linked to the kickstarter because there is a lot more info there, including gameplay videos, and its also kinda fun to see a face behind a EQ name.
And, for the record, I used Indiegogo (crowd funding) for my last short film. And it has been my plan to use kickstarter since I began this game over a year ago.

Thanks for checking it out everyone.

-Sparty
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Hey bud! I hope all is well in your world. Missed you around here. I remember the lovely Hawaiian short you did. It was lovely and touching. Good luck on the game!

Kyo - Be nice. :)

-Rich
en kærlighed småkager
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Spang wrote:Nice looking game. A link that works. Also, you're a few clams closer to reaching your goal.

VERY cool steampunk platformer Sparty!

How's things these days? I remember when you started making 3d-stuff, you sure have improved since then! :)
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Better be a baseball to find in this motherfucker.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

Sparty got a job. I'm so proud of him.

Yeah, let's rob that nigga.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt