Diablo 3 Beta

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Diablo 3 Beta

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Blizzard sent out 100,000 beta invites yesterday. Lo and behold, I was one of them. Check your email and Battle.net accounts if you opted into the beta!

I'm downloading the game now, will post impressions later.
Canoe
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: Diablo 3 Beta

Post by Canoe »

I tried, but no e-mail for me!

I want in so bad, I've been playing Diablo II again for the past month, just to try and tide me over until 3 comes out.
Skogen
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Skogen »

I got one.

But I am waaaaaay to busy is SWTOR to even consider trying it now.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Skogen wrote:I got one.

Give your info to Canoe than ya cock tease!
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

I didn't get one either. I never seem to get beta invited. Fuckin nazis.
Canoe
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Canoe »

Fairweather Pure wrote:
Skogen wrote:I got one.

Give your info to Canoe than ya cock tease!
What he said! :)
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

I just finished the Beta. It took about 4 hours and is said to be the first 3rd of the first act. The game is incredible. The "active skill" idea is amazing. It wasn't until I unlocked my 3rd skill that it all started to sink in. I was able to start chaining 3 different and separate attacks and create specific strategies to defeat encounters. Granted, the game is easy as fuck. I never used a single health potion the entire time. I think I was below health once. Still, this game mechanic is fantastic. It's so much deeper than it looks on paper. You could easily have 10 Witch doctors with the exact same set of spells who all have entirely different abilities and ways to play. One may focus purely on poison, while another may do nothing but pets. A third person might do a combination of both. with neither being as strong but keep a level of versatility the other 2 lack. Passive skills just diversify things even further, while runes change the very nature of each individual spell up to 5 different ways. It makes my head swoon with all the possibilities.

My ID is Fairweather #1208 if anyone else gets in. I'll add you asap.
Canoe
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Canoe »

If you remember - Diablo II was easy as heck as well up until the first act boss.

I think that's on purpose so there isn't a difficult start to the game. The game didn't truly get challenging until you started to work your way through nightmare levels, and then obviously hell.

Doesn't surprise me that you are finding it easy right now - I'll be interested to see what's it like at the harder levels.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Reading through a couple of different forums, it sounds like the difficulty has been tweaked around 7 times so far, with each patch making it easier. I played a wizard last night and due to their fragile nature I've gotten below 1/2 health a couple of times already and I'm about 1/2 way through the Beta with that class. There are some interesting changes from witch doctor to wizard. Most obvious is that the wizard gets a "free cast" spell. This is like how monks get auroras. It takes the place of a casting "tree" but they have other unique benefits for each class and party. Where my witch doctor was never oom once, I've gotten the oom msg on my wizard a bunch of times. This is because I have a high mana/high dmg spell as my secondary cast. I even had to resort to kiting once or twice. Mana refills pretty damn fast though, so it's not too much of a bother.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Fairweather Pure wrote:Most obvious is that the wizard gets a "free cast" spell. This is like how monks get auroras.
What? Monks get to shoot Northstars now? Didn't see them being such a ranged class.
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Kwonryu DragonFist wrote:
Fairweather Pure wrote:Most obvious is that the wizard gets a "free cast" spell. This is like how monks get auroras.
What? Monks get to shoot Northstars now? Didn't see them being such a ranged class.
The other classes have 3 trees, with a variety of spells in each one. The wizard class replaces 1 of those entire trees with free casting spells, which is about half as many as a normal tree. The monks have a tree replaced by a variety of auroras, then they have 2 normal trees.
Skogen
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Skogen »

Well, I would ya in on my beta invite...but Blizz has friggin' *everything* hooked up to ones battle.net account...so to give you access to the beta, I'd also be giving you access to everything else!
Canoe
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Canoe »

Skogen wrote:Well, I would ya in on my beta invite...but Blizz has friggin' *everything* hooked up to ones battle.net account...so to give you access to the beta, I'd also be giving you access to everything else!
Heh - I know Skogen - No worries! I'll get to play it at some point.

Just waiting, and waiting..
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Asheran Mojomaster »

Don't feel bad. I've been registered for beta since it was first available, played diablo and diablo 2, with both registered to my bnet account, same with starcraft and starcraft 2, and have a WoW account that has been active for years with the annual pass...and no beta for me.

I swear, I do not get blizzard betas. I got into SWTOR beta and constantly get invites to tons of other games, but can't get into betas for WoW expansions (will be for MOP I guess, but only because I am guaranteed with the annual pass), diablo, etc. I even preordered starcraft to get in beta and mine ended up bugged and couldn't get into beta for a few days until it was fixed for me.

Blizz just doesn't like me.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Fairweather Pure wrote:
The other classes have 3 trees, with a variety of spells in each one. The wizard class replaces 1 of those entire trees with free casting spells, which is about half as many as a normal tree. The monks have a tree replaced by a variety of auroras, then they have 2 normal trees.
Sure i know about the Monk-auras, but what about the Aurora-blast you were talking about?
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Asheran Mojomaster »

Fairweather Pure wrote:
Sure i know about the Monk-auras, but what about the Aurora-blast you were talking about?
They are so powerful that they blast the magnetosphere.