SWTOR Hot monkey lovin for your companions

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

SWTOR Hot monkey lovin for your companions

Post by Bubba Grizz »

I found this link that I think may be helpful for knowing what gifts to give your companions.
http://www.oldrepublic.net/261-swtor-co ... -love.html

I have found that Elara Dorne doesn't swing both ways. I gave her a courting gift (my toon is a female) and she basically said, "Umm thanks but no thanks".
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: SWTOR Hot monkey lovin for your companions

Post by kyoukan »

When is says Love on that graph, does that mean it is only good for the opposite sex? I give Kailyo weapons and she's like "eh..." and I only get like 12 points.

This is the lamest thing I've ever written.
Hesten
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Hesten »

kyoukan wrote:When is says Love on that graph, does that mean it is only good for the opposite sex? I give Kailyo weapons and she's like "eh..." and I only get like 12 points.

This is the lamest thing I've ever written.
So you gave Kailyo your small weapon and failed to satisfy her? :D

Im not sure, but some courting seems to work on same gender companions, and some dont...
"Terrorism is the war of the poor, and war is the terrorism of the rich"
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

I guess the devs didn't consider same sex relationships. My sniper is male and Kailyo goes ga ga for weapons. We got to first base teehee
en kærlighed småkager
kyoukan
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by kyoukan »

All my male companions for Agent are a bunch of douchebags. I would straight up get my freak on with Kailyo. She's so emo.

I gave her another weapon and she seemed to really like it. Maybe the other thing I gave her was military gear or something because she wasn't super impressed by it.

I'm like 6200/10000 affection with her. Oh Kailyo. Why won't you notice me?
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

She is a saucy little trollop. :)

I am around 7k/10k. Seems to be a bug in the companion icon where it says they want to talk and then you get all fancied up, candles lit, etc...board the ship and she doesn't want to rap anymore....at least it seems like a bug.

Oh, and I saw somewhere that same-sex lovins may be a post-launch patch....so, you may potentially get the strapon cleaned up and sauced. :)
en kærlighed småkager
Arsecn
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Arsecn »

I keep flirting with the mission people, hoping Mako will approve and then we head back to the ship for a threesome
~ 70 Troll Scourge Knight ~

"You're talking a whole lotta Jibba-Jabba."
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

kyoukan wrote:Oh Kailyo. Why won't you notice me?

Aabidano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aabidano »

The first step is admitting you have a problem :D

Kira looks like a tramp in her bikini bottom looking dancer panties she's running around in. Good dps stats tho.
"Life is what happens while you're making plans for later."
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

Have had no <3 - influenced interaction since like 4/10K affection...at almost 9000 now. Maybe it is partially tied to the storyline? Level 31 now and still on Alderaan. Been sending C3-PO out regularly to get companion gifts, and selling the ones I don't need. Seems that the T-5 gifts sell pretty quick at around 3-6K. Since the AH doesn't gouge like WoW or Rift, that helps. It was a nice surprise getting the deposit back if something didn't sell! :)
en kærlighed småkager
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Xouqoa

Post by Xouqoa »

kyoukan wrote:All my male companions for Agent are a bunch of douchebags. I would straight up get my freak on with Kailyo. She's so emo.

I gave her another weapon and she seemed to really like it. Maybe the other thing I gave her was military gear or something because she wasn't super impressed by it.

I'm like 6200/10000 affection with her. Oh Kailyo. Why won't you notice me?
There's reduced effectiveness for Tier 1 gifts as you get higher affection ratings. That might have been why you only got +12 with that other weapon.
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Canelek wrote:Have had no <3 - influenced interaction since like 4/10K affection...at almost 9000 now. Maybe it is partially tied to the storyline? Level 31 now and still on Alderaan. Been sending C3-PO out regularly to get companion gifts, and selling the ones I don't need. Seems that the T-5 gifts sell pretty quick at around 3-6K. Since the AH doesn't gouge like WoW or Rift, that helps. It was a nice surprise getting the deposit back if something didn't sell! :)
Pretty sure that the next "level" in the relationship can't happen until you either get to a certain part of the Class, or Companion, quests.
Asheran Mojomaster
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Asheran Mojomaster »

Canelek wrote:Have had no <3 - influenced interaction since like 4/10K affection...at almost 9000 now. Maybe it is partially tied to the storyline? Level 31 now and still on Alderaan. Been sending C3-PO out regularly to get companion gifts, and selling the ones I don't need. Seems that the T-5 gifts sell pretty quick at around 3-6K. Since the AH doesn't gouge like WoW or Rift, that helps. It was a nice surprise getting the deposit back if something didn't sell! :)

If you are a bounty hunter, I think you have to wait until REALLY late in the quest line. I'm level 44 and on the last part of my companion quest with mako (and still not high enough level to finish it alone), and no <3 yet, but she seems to be finally warming up to me (no longer telling me she wants to keep work and personal life separate).
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Canelek »

10000/10000. I imagine the companion storyline will resume after I beat the buggy Darth Vajadus end of Chapter 1 battle (sniper). It was giving me fits, but I think I figured it out...
en kærlighed småkager