2012 Finished Game List

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
PSN ID: quyrean

Re: 2012 Finished Game List

Post by Jice Virago »

It was ok. The story was descent in a Final Fantasy sort of way. The combat sort of got boring later in the game, because there is only so much variety you can bring in the system they were using. Sidequesting was nice and the voice acting was actually pretty solid. I would put the game on par with one of the non sucky Star Oceans or slightly below Rogue Galaxy, but it had none of the grind of those games.
War is an option whose time has passed. Peace is the only option for the future. At present we occupy a treacherous no-man's-land between peace and war, a time of growing fear that our military might has expanded beyond our capacity to control it and our political differences widened beyond our ability to bridge them. . . .

Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war.
--RICHARD M. NIXON, "REAL PEACE" (1983)

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, represents, in the final analysis, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight Eisenhower
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

In what will probably be my last finished game of 2012 - Darksiders 2. What a great, great sequel to the original.

*edit* I was wrong - Got the credit roll on Need for Speed: Most Wanted tonight.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Halo 4 campaign finished. Also finished the first episode of the episodic thing. Was cool.
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Jice Virago »

Wrapped up playthroughs on Xcom and another run through FFTactics. Bored and sick in bed all holiday, so I started a cold run of the Mass Effect trilogy on the highest difficulty. Doing the Omega DLC in 3 right now. Not much new to play that appeals to me right now.
War is an option whose time has passed. Peace is the only option for the future. At present we occupy a treacherous no-man's-land between peace and war, a time of growing fear that our military might has expanded beyond our capacity to control it and our political differences widened beyond our ability to bridge them. . . .

Short of changing human nature, therefore, the only way to achieve a practical, livable peace in a world of competing nations is to take the profit out of war.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, represents, in the final analysis, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children."

Dwight Eisenhower
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

Almost didn't post this one here but..

My daughter got Brave on the DS and finished it in a day. Don't ask me how, she then proceeded to delete her game and was almost in tears over it. I took the DS when she went to bed and re-did the entire game for her in about 2.5 hours.

Didn't think my last credit roll of the year would be a DS game.
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Jice Virago wrote:Wrapped up playthroughs on Xcom and another run through FFTactics. Bored and sick in bed all holiday, so I started a cold run of the Mass Effect trilogy on the highest difficulty. Doing the Omega DLC in 3 right now. Not much new to play that appeals to me right now.
I was sick for almost 3 fucking weeks straight. Heavy chest cough and major fatigue mostly. No fevers or anything else really, but I was absolutely sapped. I didn't want to do anything, video games included. Hope you're better now!
Jice Virago
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Jice Virago »

Still feel like shit, but work calls and I have a trip back to Wisconsin in a week for a Warhammer tourney, so toughing it out. Wife is miserable with it right now though.

Dwight Eisenhower