Console forum

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Console forum

Post by Dregor Thule »

Any chance we could just merge this back into the main Video Game General Discussion forum? At this point a lot of games that appear on consoles are appearing on PC's as well. There are many being discussed there that aren't console exclusive, and it just seems like a pointless separation now.

Thanks! <3
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Re: Console forum

Post by miir »

I think we need more pointless separation... sub-forms for XBox, PS3, PSP, DS/DSi, 3DS and Wii.

But seriously... maybe we could even merge the MMO sub-forums.
There's little very traffic in any of them.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

I support this idea. Gaming is gaming, regardless of the platform. Also, can we unpin the 2010 completed games thread and pin the 2011 one.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

I'd rather not have the MMO forums merged, tbh. I have zero interest in any of them, and like that when I go into video games I can see if there are new posts in the consoles forum (the games I care about). Actually, I'd really rather they stayed separate period. I'd rather there were two separate threads for games that are in consoles/pc so that I don't have to sift through other posts for stuff I'm interested in.

But that's just me :?
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Animalor wrote:I support this idea. Gaming is gaming, regardless of the platform. Also, can we unpin the 2010 completed games thread and pin the 2011 one.

That's the thing though, when I'm playing a game, if I come here (or anywhere else) I'm looking for info on the specific version I'm playing, as well as people that are also playing it on that platform. Everything is different for console/PC games. Online infrastructure/features/graphics/everything.

I think there is enough traffic in the video games forums that keeping them separate for the sake of keeping things cleaner.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

So what about games that are on consoles and PC? omg where to post?!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

If people took the time to mark their posts it would work

(360) Halo series, sold way more than any PS3 title

(PC) Witcher 2, Best booby scene

(WoW) What a lame game for the masses

Just title your messages properly and it would work.

Keep MMOs separate from PC/Consoles though.
Sylvus
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: mp72

Post by Sylvus »

Animalor wrote:Also, can we unpin the 2010 completed games thread and pin the 2011 one.
Done.

As far as the other requests go, every time I've ever made a change with anything on this board, there's been a 50/50 (+/- 5%) split on people loving or hating it. If you guys can convince Funk, and it's easy to do, I have no problem merging them back together.
"It's like these guys take pride in being ignorant." - Barack Obama

Go Blue!
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Why not have a organizational randomizer? :D

Modding/Finance

Consoles/NWS

Home Improvement (would be a rad section, no?)/Retards
en kærlighed småkager
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Other than when I search for something I view everything from the View New Posts menu option anyway so what actual forum something in isn't something I pay attention to. However with the amount of posters that are still active I don't see a problem with having all games, console or PC (especially since some games may cross both platforms), talked about in one spot. I also don't think Funk should be the sole determiner of such a thing but as I said.. it's not a huge deal to me since I am forum blind.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

I'd say keep the MMO forums seperate from the traditional gaming threads but merge console and general gaming into one forum.

A lot of us end up playing the same games in either the PC or the console and having that platform distinction is a bit of a waste (Portal 2 comes to mind.)
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

My bookmark for VV is "view new posts". I don't really care if we have sub forums at all. Topics of discussion rise to the top.
Leonaerd
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Leonaerd »

Agree with Fair.

Also a Home Improvement / Gadgets section would be nice. Anything to provoke more posts.
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

We should divide the NWS forum into no less than 673 sub-forums. Have a tits forum, but subdivide that into areola, cleavage, underboob, natural, and silicone. There should probably be about 28 sub-forums for the female genitalia.

But none for the goddamn furries. Fuck those guys.
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I'll agree to the combining of console/video game general stuff, as long as you keep the damned MMO's separate!
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Why exactly is it that people want to move Consoles into the Video Game General area? I like not having to click through all of the Console threads when checking this forum.
pyrella
>()))>

Post by pyrella »

I actually like winnow's formatting of title's the best.

But some consolidation isn't terrible either. Probably should combine the defunct MMO's into a defunct MMO forum with all posts in it. Games that live in a single thread are fine as well (Minecraft/eve/a few others). Did I kill Rift yet after giving it it's own forum?
Pyrella - Illusionist - Leader of Ixtlan on Antonia Bayle

if you were walking around and you came upon a tulip with tits, would you let it be for the rest of the world to enjoy.. or would you pick it and carry it off to a secluded area to motorboat them?
-Cadalano
masteen
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by masteen »

No, and don't because I'm prolly gonna resub this month!
"There is at least as much need to curb the cruel greed and arrogance of part of the world of capital, to curb the cruel greed and violence of part of the world of labor, as to check a cruel and unhealthy militarism in international relationships." -Theodore Roosevelt
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Animalor »

Boogahz wrote:Why exactly is it that people want to move Consoles into the Video Game General area? I like not having to click through all of the Console threads when checking this forum.
I checked both the Video Games and the Consoles forums first page of posts and over 90% of the games mentionned in either are available on both.

It's also aggravating when I want to discuss a title and I got in on the PC for much cheaper(thx steam) and the only discussion on the game is in the console forum. Doesn't make sense.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Personally I don't care about pc games for the most part, and would rather not have to pick through posts that don't pertain exactly to the platform I'm playing it on.

Like I said though, I can deal with it as long as the mmo nonsense stays separate.