FFXIV (The game)

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

FFXIV (The game)

Post by miir »

Trying a new thread in the hopes that Winnow with fucking grow up.

Macro guide:
http://www.ffxivcore.com/blog/244/entry ... ro-set-up/

Some useful crafting info:

Basic info about synthesis orb colors/types of syntheses:
http://www.ffxivcore.com/tutorials/arti ... s-success/

A little more in-depth about crafting, still in general though:
http://www.ffxivcore.com/tutorials/arti ... ing-guide/

Very thorough starter crafting guide. Includes locations to buy each tool in each city!
http://www.eorzeapedia.com/wiki/en/Guid ... _Qinsakura

Little bit more advanced crafting info. Some overlap with guide above but covers some extra topics:
http://www.eorzeapedia.com/wiki/en/Guid ... _Qinsakura

Recipes:
SE's site, the Lodestone. 100% accurate but very vague.
http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/index.html

Eorzeapedia - much more detailed but not necessarily 100% correct. Also, sorted alphabetically OR by job.
http://www.eorzeapedia.com/wiki/en/Category:Recipes
Last edited by miir on October 8, 2010, 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: FFXIV

Post by Aslanna »

Three threads for this game. Can we get a FFXIV forum please?
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Can only open new forum when the tear quotient reaches infinity. I think Miir and Funk are getting closer! Maybe the new forum could be them sending PM's about the game to each other.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

It would be nice to have a FFXIV thread that's actually about the game... you know the game called Final Fantasy 14... it's a RPG... kinda like Enslaved... but not as good.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl ... ed371bd789

This Topics post will examine in detail two unique elements of the battle system which lend to its depth and variety—Battle Regimens and the incapacitation of body parts.

Battle Regimens and the Incapacitation system allow players to enjoy different ways to fight battles in combination with others. They are easy to use and can provide a variety of beneficial effects.

Battle Regimens
Battle Regimens are combat tactics which party members may employ against a single enemy. By coordinating and executing battle commands in a precise order, players may cause certain additional beneficial effects to occur. A Battle Regimen begins with the stacking of battle commands. All party members who wish to take part in the Battle Regimen must stack their actions in the correct order against the desired target. One of the members then initiates the Battle Regimen, and the stacked actions will be executed automatically.

Executing a Battle Regimen
1. Consult with other party members to determine the best Battle Regimen to use against a specific target. The battle commands and the order in which they are to be executed should all be decided.

2. Wait until your position in the queue comes around to switch to Battle Regimen mode and select the battle command you wish to stack.
* One party member cannot perform more than one action during a Battle Regimen.

3. After all participating party members have stacked their battle commands, one of the party members selects to initiate the Battle Regimen.

4. Once the Battle Regimen is initiated, the stacked battle commands will all be executed automatically, chaining together to create additional effects.
* Please note that factors such as distance from the enemy may prevent stacked battle commands from being executed once the Battle Regimen is initiated. In these cases, the Battle Regimen will not end, but will instead proceed on to the next command in the queue.

Additional Effects
The additional effects produced by successfully executed Battle Regimens, and the combinations that yield them, are listed below.
Additional Effect Combination Example
Lowers a target’s physical defense Normal attack ⇒ Normal attack Light Slash ⇒ Heavy Strike
Lowers a target’s magic defense Normal attack ⇒ Magic attack Light Slash ⇒ Phantom Dart
Increases a target’s casting time/raises MP costs Normal attack ⇒ Magic spell Light Slash ⇒ Fire
Lowers a target’s TP progression/raises TP costs Normal attack ⇒ Weaponskill Light Slash ⇒ Red Lotus
Maintains the effectiveness of class abilities when used by different classes Magic spell ⇒ Magic spell
(both from same class)
Weaponskill ⇒ Weaponskill
(both from same class) Trunksplitter ⇒ Brandish
Increases player damage Weaponskill ⇒ Weaponskill ⇒ Magic spell
(weaponskills from different classes, finishing spell is optional)
Magic spell ⇒ Magic spell ⇒ Weaponskill
(spells from different classes, finishing weaponskill is optional) Blizzard ⇒ Scourge ⇒ Puncture

Damage to Body Parts
Among the enemies found throughout Eorzea, there are those with body parts susceptible to damage. Sustaining a certain amount of damage will result in those body parts becoming incapacitated. For example, an aldgoat’s horns may be broken, or a diremite’s stinger lopped off. This is achieved through the use of specific weaponskills that automatically target these body parts whenever they are present. When the body part of an enemy is incapacitated, it will suffer the following effects:

Weaken the monster
Prevent the monster from using its special attacks
Influence the type of loot dropped

The Art of Incapacitation
This portion will introduce some of the weaponskills capable of causing incapacitation, as well as the body parts those weaponskills target. Beyond those listed below, there are additional enemies with body parts capable of being incapacitated.

1. Incapacitating Weaponskills
Head Limbs (Right) Limbs (Left) Limbs (Lower) Other (Right) Other (Left) Other (Outer)
Sword -- Riot Blade -- Red Lotus II Spinstroke II -- Luminous Spire
Hand-to-Hand Concussive Blow II       Seismic Shock II Victimize II Simian Thrash Pounce
Axe Skull Sunder II -- Maim -- -- Brutal Swing II Trunksplitter II
Polearm -- Moonrise II Chaos Thrust Skewer II -- Twisting Vice --
Archery Shrieker Barrage Foeseeker -- Bloodletter -- --

2. Body Parts by Genus
Head Limbs (Right) Limbs (Left) Limbs (Lower) Other (Right) Other (Left) Other (Outer)
Hippogryph Head -- -- -- -- -- --
Opo-opo Head -- -- Legs -- -- --
Gnat Head -- -- -- -- -- --
Cactuar -- -- -- Legs -- -- --
Giant crab -- -- -- -- -- -- Shell
Salamander -- -- -- -- Right Wart Cluster Left Wart Cluster --
Wolf Head -- -- -- -- -- --
Boar Head -- -- -- -- -- --
Ahriman Eye -- -- -- -- -- Tail
Wight Skull Right Humerus Left Humerus Femur -- -- --
Dodo Head -- -- Legs -- -- --
Coblyn -- -- -- -- -- -- Ore Cluster
Aldgoat Horns -- -- -- -- -- --
Imp Head -- -- -- -- -- --
Flytrap Maw -- -- -- -- -- --
Antling Mandibles -- -- -- -- -- --
Humanoids Head Right Arm Left Arm Legs -- -- --
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

That's pretty sexy, I wasn't even aware. Now you just need to get your punk ass online and group with me/get me into the linkshell so I can try and dump off some of these mats on the crafter types and get some armor made :P

I actually paid like 15k for my level 9 weapon last night. Pretty noticeable difference already. I was able to take down the Dodo bird levequest and only died once when one ran and spawned two more. Previously I didn't stand a chance.

I also picked up a couple little things, like a earring and a scarf.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Those sound like the group attacks (don't remember the exact name) in LOTRO. It definitely makes the group communicate about what they want to do. Does the game also have integrated voice chat?
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I'm not sure if it does.

That reminds me though, miir. I have a vent server that I've had set up in forever, I can give you the infoz if you want. You could even give it to the others in the linkshell if they have an interest in using one and don't have one set up yet. I might as well put it to use, I've been paying for it and haven't used it in months.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Oct 8 update:
FINAL FANTASY XIV

[Important Update Details]
- Made an adjustment to how experience points are distributed amongst party members. Instead of dividing a total number of experience points by the number of players who participated in the battle, it now distributes the total amount of experience points equally amongst all players in the party.

- The chat log will no longer close while entering text during the following processes:
- When viewing a bazaar
- When setting up a bazaar
- During gathering
- During synthesis

- An issue wherein a player would be unable to progress with the quest "Futures Perfect," if they join a party during the cutscene has been addressed.

- An issue wherein a player would be unable to start a levequest if they initiate a teleport at the same time has been addressed.

- Implemented a countermeasure for an issue which prevented players from gaining skill points during battle.

- An issue wherein the FINAL FANTASY XIV client would shut down when a player adds or removes a new party member has been addressed.

- An issue wherein players would take damage when executing a macro command for an area of effect action that is centered on themselves has been addressed.

- An issue wherein messages in tell, party, or linkshell chat would not go through properly has been addressed.

- Implemented a countermeasure for an issue where an item would not display properly under a certain condition.

- A rare issue wherein an item data would get corrupted during a server outage has been addressed.
* We have confirmed that if a player attempts to put this corrupted item into their bazaar, it would cause the server to go down. We are currently in the process of addressing this issue, but until then, we have placed a temporarily restriction on these corrupted items which were being sold by certain players. We will be providing an update on this situation once we have a better idea on when the the actual fix will take place. We deeply apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

- An issue wherein the login queue would not work as intended during server congestion has been addressed.

- Implemented a countermeasure to prevent server outages under a certain condition.

- Other miscellaneous issues have been addressed.
* The previously announced improvements to the market system are currently in the final preparation stages and will be ready by the version update next week. Please keep an eye out for future announcements regarding this matter.

That XP change needed to be done and that chat window window closing issue was my biggest pet peeve. Glad it's fixed.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Yeah a couple of nice updates there. You gonna be on tonight? I'm going to play Halo with some work friends for a couple hours when I get home then I plan on putting in a loooong ass FF night :)
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Yea I'll be on but i dunno for how long... most likely between 8:30 and 10.
I think I might work on some Thaumatuge skills for Miir this weekend. The server lag has been getting better this week so maybe I'll be able to tolerate the spell casting lag
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Yeah I want to figure out what trades I'm going to do and mess around with those this weekend. I also need to find some new gear.. all of my core pieces of gear are still level 1 and durability is getting low on them, but I've had really tough luck finding shit I can use, apparently everything for LNC is a pain in the ass to make cause I find an abundance of other classes stuff.

I also want to put a little more thought into whether I need to level up any other classes, so far as a secondary I have pugilist to 6 or 7 but that's it.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

The other cities will have different item selection(weapons/armor) on their NPC vendors.
I had to run to the forest city to get my level 9 bow.
I also took the boat to the pirate city to look around.
Make sure you click the Aetherite crystals in those cities so you can teleport back.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

miir wrote:The other cities will have different item selection(weapons/armor) on their NPC vendors.
I had to run to the forest city to get my level 9 bow.
I also took the boat to the pirate city to look around.
Make sure you click the Aetherite crystals in those cities so you can teleport back.
Fuuuuck, you can buy level 9 weapons from vendors? How much did it cost?
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

30k i think.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Oh, ok. Now I don't feel so bad. I need to sell all these materials in my inventory I'm not using, my space is all full and I'm getting close to broke again - and I need new armor. :lol:

It seems like you are able to get bags at some point, I wonder when that becomes a reality. I can't believe the fucking price gouging that's going on for crafted stuff atm.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Throw the tradeskill stuff on a retainer.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: FFXIV (The game)

Post by miir »

First of all, we would like to thank you for joining us in the realm of Eorzea, and hope you are enjoying your adventures.

Since the official launch of service on September 30, 2010, we have received a wealth of constructive feedback from the FINAL FANTASY XIV community, and the development and management teams would like to take this opportunity to express their sincerest gratitude. For those who purchased the collector’s edition and began to play one week before official service began, the month-long free play period is drawing to a close. Considering the nature of much of the feedback we received, however, and the current state of the game, we have decided to extend the free trial period for all users. Please continue reading for further details.

We would like to assure players that the world of FINAL FANTASY XIV is constantly growing and evolving, and the voices of the community are essential to that process. The development and management teams are carefully considering all player feedback, and working diligently to implement whatever changes and additions will serve to make Eorzea a better home for adventurers. We humbly ask for your continued support to this end.

Today, we have released information regarding forthcoming version updates. For further details, please view the following Lodestone Topics:
・Version Updates Coming Soon! (10/15/2010)
( http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/index.html )
・Ask the Devs! (10/15/2010)
( http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl ... 02b03b1184 )
・Message from the Director (10/15/2010)
( http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl ... f0793632b5 )

Free Trial Extension Details

Eligibility
All users who registered a FINAL FANTASY XIV service account and purchased a character by October 25, 2010 will be eligible.

*Character purchases must have been carried out no later than October 25, 2010 at 23:59(PDT).
*Accounts terminated due to User Agreement infractions are ineligible for extension.
*Holders of multiple service accounts may receive extensions on all accounts.

Extension Period
An additional thirty (30) days, for a combined free trial period of sixty (60) days.

*Free trial period end dates and initial billing dates will be automatically extended. Users are not required to take any action.
*Extensions will be for a period of thirty days regardless of billing cycle length. Regular billing will begin upon conclusion of the extended free trial.
*Should automatic renewal of options be disabled, the free trial will still be extended.
*Users notified by automated mail of either the end of their free trial period or the beginning of their billing period will still receive the extension.
*Extensions will be processed by the Square Enix Account Management System on or around October 19, 2010. An official announcement will be made at that time.
*Information regarding new billing period dates will be available via the Square Enix Account Management System.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Sexy!
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Only other game I can remember doing that was WoW when it first came out, and then for a few short periods in the first year.
Dregor Thule
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Xathlak
PSN ID: dregor77

Post by Dregor Thule »

Good for them for giving something to the player base for having to deal with a lot of problems.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

This coming from SE is nothing short of shocking.
Xanupox
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
PSN ID: TheRealScarr

Post by Xanupox »

Heard this game sucks so bad some jap sold 23 million dollars of his stock in SE because he was pissed at the game.

Heard this game sucks so bad SE decided it wasnt fair to charge after the free 30 days and extended it to 60 free days... wow... suckage worse than mirr on my ball in a fire pot
I probably gave you virtual items once upon a time...
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Well, I guess it was about time for VV's herpes to flair up.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

The quests at Camp Drybone have started to get pretty easy. There are still 2 or 3 that I have a tough time soloing, but the rest of them I do on the highest difficulty (raid setting or whatever). So I decided to try a few quests at Camp Horizon... Bad idea, I got molestered. I think once I get my physical level up to 19 I'll give it another shot there though.

Having fun messing around with tradeskill stuff, too. I still have a bit to learn about what exactly the best way to go about things when synthesizing is, but I'll get there :D
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

I'm thinking about picking this back up casually sometime soon, they've worked out a lot of the stuff that bugged me already. Miir?
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

It's still free.
I log in from time to time and there's still a surprising number of people still playing.

There's still way too many esoteric gameplay elements and there just isn't that much to do in the game.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Well poop. Maybe I'll patch it up tonight and log in just to check it out.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Some nice changes coming down the pipe

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/thre ... post138995
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Nice! I'm most likely going to be giving this another shot soon, probably after I finish with the witcher 2.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

I'm guessing that those changes are gonna hit sometime around the end of June.
Animalor
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Anirask
PSN ID: Anirask

Post by Animalor »

The big problem with MMO's is that none of them have been able to recover from a tepid launch, regardless of how cool the post launch content has been.
Hell, even MMO's that launch strong often time end up forgotten (see Age of Conan and Warhammer online)

They become cash drains that risk-averse companies drop without a second though. Hopefully Square-Enix can buck this trend but I'm doubtful.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

'A Realm Reborn' beta is up and running now.

It's actually pretty damn good.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

miir wrote:'A Realm Reborn' beta is up and running now.

It's actually pretty damn good.
What's improved since last release? I signed up for the beta but haven't seen and invite yet.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Winnow wrote:What's improved since last release? I signed up for the beta but haven't seen and invite yet.
Go fuck yourself.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Hmmm, using crappy dual shock controller or your keyboard? Try Tera. 360 controller works great in that game.

Maybe put together some rap lyrics to express your feelings about the game.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

I really wish we could ignore posters.
I'm getting sick of your fucking horseshit trolling of nearly every single fucking thread.

Maybe I'll just stop posting here for good.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Shut the fuck up you pussy. I'm not a mod on this board. Im all for ignore buttons.

What set you off on this thread? I had a pretty basic question in response to your very basic comment.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

I guess you're not content to troll the fuck out of the other 2-3 FFXIV threads... you need to troll this one as well.

I really don't have the patience to deal with your childish shit on this forum anymore.
Congrats, you've driven away another person.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

What a fucking drama queen. It's not hard to just ignore a poster on this forum. I do it all the time when I feel like it. I'll give you a tip, since you seem clueless. Just keep posting as if the person doesn't exist on the thread. I do it on my threads all the time. Who gives a shit about trolls.

FFXIV sucked. It's been heavily revamped. I haven't trolled anything regarding the updated release. I wouldn't have signed up again if I didn't want to give it another shot. It's not worth wasting time on MMOs these days just to troll them.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

miir wrote:I really wish we could ignore posters.
I'm getting sick of your fucking horseshit trolling of nearly every single fucking thread.

Maybe I'll just stop posting here for good.
I've always wanted to (never would, before someone freaks out) edit none of his particularly long posts to just say blahblahblah. Definitely gets tough to skip over repetitive trolling.

I might pick this back up again, let me know if you're gonna play it after the beta.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Honestly I didn't see anything wrong with the initial message response. Someone woke up on the wrong side of the igloo.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

Post by Fairweather Pure »

Aslanna wrote:Honestly I didn't see anything wrong with the initial message response. Someone woke up on the wrong side of the igloo.
Lol, my thoughts exactely. What an asshole.
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by miir »

Just to clarify my response.

When FFXIV was first released he trolled the fuck out of every thread that was started.
So much that we actually had to create fresh threads so people who were actually playing the game could discuss it.
See the 50+ troll posts he made on this thread

He obviously has no interest in the game beyond playing it for 2 hours and carrying on with his childish bullshit trolls.

That's it.
I'm done with this shithole, trollfest, circlejerk of a forum.
I post on a bunch of other forums where people can post without having to deal with the incessant trolling of a child with too much time on their hands.

Later!