Wizard 101

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Wizard 101

Post by Winnow »

https://www.wizard101.com/
Xatrei
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: Wizard 101

Post by Xatrei »

Seeing the intro animation on that link makes me want to smash a kitten with a rock.
"When I was a kid, my father told me, 'Never hit anyone in anger, unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it.'" - Russel Ziskey
Bagar-
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Bagar- »

Saying that was gay would be a put-down to homosexuals everywhere.
Going out to play pool now with my fellow klan members. Have a nice night. - Midnyte
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I just noticed this game uses a chat system similar to Toontown. The Toontalker!

That can only be a good sign as Toontown is the 2nd best MMO right behind the original EQ.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

This game is pretty fun. It's sort of a combination between an online RPG and a card game.

More fun and deeper than you might think.

One nice thing about the game is that it lets you get started right away while the game downloads in the background. It downloads the character creator first and low res textures. You can download the high res in the background.

Here I am ready to make friends!

You play cards in your deck against other players/npcs

It looks like you can play against multiple opponents at the same time if all the circles are able to be filled.

Summon creatures.

It does remind me of ToonTown a bit. The Toontalker, downloads in the background, and you play mini games to get your mana back up after fights. Nice UI, easy to use. It's a dumbed down EQ type game (kinda like WoW) but fun.
Sartori
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Sartori »

Love many of your contributions Winnow, but sometimes I wonder after reading things like "I couldn't handle KOTOR after 10 minutes" (or however it was worded). Yet...you not only play Wizard 101, you recommend it. /shrug
Sartori
70 Undead Rogue, Illidan (retired 11/07)
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Sartori wrote:Love many of your contributions Winnow, but sometimes I wonder after reading things like "I couldn't handle KOTOR after 10 minutes" (or however it was worded). Yet...you not only play Wizard 101, you recommend it. /shrug
Yeah, I have my quirks.

I didn't say I disliked KOTOR, I just didn't play it for more than a few minutes after installing it. I'm sure other outside factors were involved. Some other game or interest had my attention at the time I'm guessing.

This game is fun. I can handle games with varying degrees of difficulty and enjoy each for what they are. I recommend the game to those that don't mind a light game once in awhile. As I mentioned, there's more to it than the Disney looks give it credit for. I don't expect everyone to try it.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Wizard 101 rocks!
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

I liked toon town a lot and for that reason alone this game looks cool.

I'm currently playing a totally stupid webgame called Mechquest

http://www.mechquest.com
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
Sabek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sabek

Post by Sabek »

noel wrote:I liked toon town a lot and for that reason alone this game looks cool.

I'm currently playing a totally stupid webgame called Mechquest

http://www.mechquest.com
My kids play the original Adventurequest from this same company.
Sabek
Just Sabek
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Is this going to be a free game or a monthy fee type game? Also would it be appropriate for kids? as in, is it dumbed down enough for kids to actually play and enjoy (kids 5-8 age range).
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Bubba Grizz wrote:Is this going to be a free game or a monthy fee type game? Also would it be appropriate for kids? as in, is it dumbed down enough for kids to actually play and enjoy (kids 5-8 age range).
It's definitely for kids. That's why they have the "Toontalker" so pervs can't start up chats with your kids.

I don't know how the pricing will be but sign up for the beta as that's free for sure. It only took a couple days to get added into the beta after signing up.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Winnow wrote:
Sartori wrote:Love many of your contributions Winnow, but sometimes I wonder after reading things like "I couldn't handle KOTOR after 10 minutes" (or however it was worded). Yet...you not only play Wizard 101, you recommend it. /shrug
Yeah, I have my quirks.

I didn't say I disliked KOTOR, I just didn't play it for more than a few minutes after installing it. I'm sure other outside factors were involved. Some other game or interest had my attention at the time I'm guessing.

This game is fun. I can handle games with varying degrees of difficulty and enjoy each for what they are. I recommend the game to those that don't mind a light game once in awhile. As I mentioned, there's more to it than the Disney looks give it credit for. I don't expect everyone to try it.
Or it could be that anything remotely related to Star Wars is boring, and just gay in general. :evil:
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Funkmasterr wrote:
Winnow wrote:
Yeah, I have my quirks.

Or it could be that anything remotely related to Star Wars is boring, and just gay in general. :evil:
This is in no way criticism, but you only think that because you weren't alive in the late 70s.
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Sartori
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Post by Sartori »

Funkmasterr wrote:Or it could be that anything remotely related to Star Wars is boring, and just gay in general. :evil:
Kinda like anything rap is boring, and just gay in general?

Anyways, The game looks very appealing to kids for sure, and I guess adults are enjoying it, too! I couldn't sit through that trailer though :(
Sartori
70 Undead Rogue, Illidan (retired 11/07)