They need a Halloween themed RPG...

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Fairweather Pure
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: SillyEskimo

They need a Halloween themed RPG...

Post by Fairweather Pure »

I'm thinking like an entire ghost/vampire/haunted house-type RPG. When I say RPG, I'm talking turn based, Jap RPG system.

Zones and quests could range from graveyards and haunted houses to haunted pirate ships and slaughterhouses, ensuring a varied and imaginative gaming experiance. Bosses could be themed around the zones themselves and offer several mini bosses along the way. Your party would be made up of vampire hunters, priests, "white" witches, ghost hunters, and inquisitors. Perhaps a half vampire guy turned good and a party member that gets bitten in the game as part of the story and can change into a werewolf or something. C'mon, this would be awesome. The game practically creates itself. The items list is virtually endless, as is all the various monsters you could fight in the game. Imagine an entire act of the game based on the undead in an abandoned and "infected" city. That's some fun shit. How about real-time day and night cycles that enhance either your party member's powers or that of the monsters?

I want to play this game right now. Someone make it please.
Neziroth
Almost 1337
Almost 1337

Re: They need a Halloween themed RPG...

Post by Neziroth »

Go DL RPGmaker and make it yourself! Heh. (Love that program)

Anyhow, cool idea. What time period would it be set in? Past, present, future?

Funny you mention RPGs, I've been going nuts on my SNES emulator lately playing oldschool jap RPGs. Just went through Chrono Trigger again, and now I'm playing EarthBound (favorite game ever?) for the 4th or 5th time since it came out.

Too much focus on graphics and cool gameplay lately in games and not enough on story / pulling the player into the game. Imo the best RPGs were on SNES (Secret of Mana, FF3(6), EarthBound, Chrono Trigger, etc), a few great ones were on Sega too.
<a href="http://www.fictionpress.com/~mjlb">See the other side...</a>

Feel free to share your thoughts~