Rappelz

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Somali
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Re: Rappelz

Post by Somali »

Its a grindfest.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Leonaerd wrote:What's Rappelz?
Are you serious? Reading the fucking thread.
Somali wrote:Is Crystal Caverns what people refer to as CV?
I just made up the name "Crystal Caverns" because I couldn't remember what the name was but yes, it's referred to as CV.
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Pretty nice patterns on Robe of Mother Nature

Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Evo1 Hawkman

Evo2 Hawkman

Evo1 White Dragon Cutesypie

R5 Armor
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
Momopi
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Momopi »

so did the eggs end up spoiling after all? I found a few on trainee island and got a r3 strike a few r2 strikes some 1000 bags and a blue pot. ever elusive cards still evade me hehe. I still like trainee island a lot always fun.
Momopi Down warder of PD
Naala Momokitty Raid Assassin of PD Meow Meow
Naala the Breeder in Ted Club
Somali
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Somali »

Trainee island + lvl40 pet becomes an easy farming area I would guess. I've never seen a card drop on trainee island though.
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Xouqoa

Post by Xouqoa »

Seems like a pretty neat game... I didn't play for too long though.

I was annoyed that I had to edit a config file outside of the game to enable 1920x1200 resolution though.
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Xouqoa wrote:Seems like a pretty neat game... I didn't play for too long though.

I was annoyed that I had to edit a config file outside of the game to enable 1920x1200 resolution though.
The game looks really good at 1920x1200. I have no idea why it's not one of the drop down resolutions available to choose. Rappelz shoots itself in the foot by not showing itself in the best light as well as the initially screwing up high textures and effects for several weeks after E4's release.

It remains a great filler game.
Momopi
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Momopi »

For some reason i have trouble seeing bridges from time to time. I have to rotate the view a bit to see it. why is that? because of that I died once trying to get away from lost child on that long bridge to sirens island. it totally could have been avoided if i could see the bridge. I'm not sure about filler game cause I like it a lot more than everquest but thats only my opinion. only thing i think is out of wack is that your stuff can break when making it better, like putting skill cards together. With the price of taming cards now without a ceiling that seem to go up each day by a million rupees I hesitate to combine them now even if i did manage to find one however unlikely that may be.

ps Johnny Boy was a complete and utter beating, I was 0 for 2 against him getting it down to about 15% health each time :P He is a 45* mob at assassins guild. Looks like I might have to ask for help hehe.
Momopi Down warder of PD
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Me and Zarrah will help with Johnny! :)
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
Momopi
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Momopi »

yay! You wouldnt think Johnny boy 45* would be harder than a level 56 mob but man this dude hits for metric tons. I tried a few different strats against him but when it hame down to it I just couldnt take the beating Johnny gave me. I felt like Michigan going against this mountaineer among hawkmen! I hope I can sorta catch up to you two in levels, Me, nickie and fash were making a superior DP group that could kill non stop for two hours. A few of those and we all can do stuff together! Maybe those two fatty mobs in moonlight.
Momopi Down warder of PD
Somali
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Somali »

Fash started a new Character or were you guys pt'ing with him at 55?

I'm gonna be doing some grinding on Oyo the next few days to try to hit 50 by Saturday (he's 42 now). I'll be looking for DPs to get there unless you and Nickie happen to be on. We can trio the XP if that happens. If I'm in a DP before you guys sign on, I'll try to see if I can get you guys into whatever DP I'm in.
Last edited by Somali on September 6, 2007, 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Momopi
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Momopi »

was that your char? oyo is you somali?
Momopi Down warder of PD
Somali
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Somali »

oh hehe yeah.
Oyohusa and Mythlon are me.
Momopi
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Momopi »

omg ok i got it now! I have a question about job levels. I noticed that you start at job level 1 for master breeder and now i am at job level 41, does that mean I dont need to go from job level 41 to job level 49? I hope i didnt just blow 69k job points going from job 40 to job 41.
Momopi Down warder of PD
Sabek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sabek

Post by Sabek »

It's like overbreeding pets. You can go all the way to JL50 and get extra stats.
Sabek
Just Sabek
Momopi
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Momopi »

man i feel so dumb tossing away 69k jp like that. I can't see how overbreeding a character would make much of a difference? I could be wrong though.
Momopi Down warder of PD
Somali
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Somali »

OverBreeding stats are kindof up for debate. Its some extra time to do it, but the longer you play the character the less significant the cost of overbreeding becomes. I see a lot of the higher levels on the boards saying that they wish they could go back and get the extra stats, and that the 1M JP it takes to go from jlvl40-jlvl50 is nothing looking at the jp lvl requirements at upper levels. Its also a matter of how much of a perfectionist you want to be. Extra stats that you could have that you can't get any other way. The same person with an extra few stat points will always perform a little better than the same person without them.

On a related note, I'll likely OB all my characters. But I like the idea of having extra stats.
Momopi
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Momopi »

well if i started it and you say its good no reason i should stop then.
Momopi Down warder of PD
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Overbreeding sounds like something Cid did in SL, but not in Rappelz!

I'm not convinced OB'ing yourself is that important unless you max out at level 150 which no one on any server has yet, and that would take years of grinding....otherwise, just keep leveling and your stats will go up. Equipment makes a difference in this game. I doubt there's too many level 61 chars (even OB'd) that could go toe to toe with me simply because I've maxed most armor and have blown the crazy amount of rupees to get my weapons to +8 (and climbing) and my key skill cards to +4 (and naali is finding out how hard it is increase skills through cubing with the combined extreme expense of cards and high failure rates), and maxed my crit %. I don't see a lot of high enchantment levels on R3 weapons either. It seems most wait until R4.

Obtaining the rarer soul stones for your level range helps a bit with stats.

Someone OBing their character, playing the same amount of time, wouldn't catch me until the end-game as there are so many levels in this game, you can keep going and going before you hit a wall.

Same with pets (at least with the b.pixie) OB'ing my B.Pixie wouldn't really do much for me. It already has around 20+ JP's sitting there unused at level 58 as it's heal, regen, and hp skills are maxed. Right now, it's heals are ~1,500 at level 10. Equipping it with something higher than a +4/10 staff might add a few more hps to heals but not too many to make a huge difference. With melee pets, it would make a bigger difference.

OB'ing is a pride thing for sure though. My friend has a +10 OB Orc although there's no way to tell unless they decided to sell it and then you'd see the +10 and big star on the card. Character levels don't even show in this game and you can only tell someone's level range by their armor/weapons, and by certain skills where a JL is required to obtain them, so OB'ing is mostly internal pride in your character unless GMs setup PVP tournaments with level restrictions.

One thing that bothers me is that my R3 weapons are now both Ancient with +2% crit stats for a +4% total. There are no R4 Ancient weapons so I'm going to lose 4% crits when I hit 80 and upgrade my weapons to R4 versions. There should be a way to obtain Ancient R4 weapons so you don't have to have a setback after leveling.

Fun game no matter how you approach leveling your character though!
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Xouqoa

Post by Xouqoa »

So, I have a Dark Mage or whatever it is called.

I upgraded a couple of my spells from rank 1 to rank 2 and they don't see to do any more damage, but they cost more mana. Is that normal? Are spell casters gimpy in this game?
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy
Somali
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Somali »

Th increase in damage for going up levels in the actual spell is minimal, but its there. The difference you will see will be from increasing your INT an your MAtk. Mostly your MAtk. But no spell casters aren't gimpy. DMs hit pretty hard and have really wonderful buffs for the melees.
Momopi
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Momopi »

how much longer did you stay online for last night?
Momopi Down warder of PD
Somali
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Somali »

not much. maybe 30 mins? I dinged 44 and logged out. being main healer with the pixie was entertaining. lol
Somali
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Somali »

rather, I dinged, went shopping, then logged out. But I didn't find anything neat to buy.
Momopi
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Momopi »

i think that holy warrior we had in the first group was mostly counting the tileso nt he floor. i enjoyed it with you guys i even managed to get 6 out of 10 of those airksuke stone things.
Momopi Down warder of PD
Somali
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Somali »

yeah the holy warrior we had was pretty pointless. He did claim he had lag, but I'm thinking he was just slacking off. If his lag was that bad he'd have been eaten much earlier on the way to Dirt.
Somali
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Notes for Newbies to the Dungeons

Post by Somali »

Lesson 1: When running through a dungeon to a party, have the Menu/System tab open so that you can quickly go to character select if you start getting whacked on hard. You will also be expected to hit char select when you get to your party to make sure you lose whatever train you've been dragging with you. Much better than just offing yourself in front of your party. I found this out the hard way my first time through after dying halfway to them and having the party bitch about why I didn't use this method.
Lesson 2: m1 and m2. These are the dungeons Moonlight Remains. If you start in Horizon, go West toward the Grey Bridge. Moonlight 1 can be found by crossing the bridge turning right and then following the left wall. Moonlight 2 can be found by crossing the bridge, turning left, following the right wall until it turns to the west, then following the left wall into the dungeon.
Lesson 3: The named monsters in the dungeon are worth a lot of XP, but they hit much harder than normal named, and have an extreme amount of HP. Grinding normal mobs can often times equate to better XP/hour
Lesson 4: Named are as follows:
First big room to the left with a big spinny thing in the middle: Tranquilla.
First big room to the right with a big spinny thing in the middle: Keroro
Next big toom with spinny things, (between Tranq and Kero is Ofo. (Also known as captain badass dragon)
Left from Ofo, room with big spinny thing: Dirt
North of Dirt is what people call Spiders
SE of Spiders is Abhu (I believe)

I'll try to think of some more things as time goes on.
Momopi
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Momopi »

I also think its a good idea to just clear and move as a team then running from one place to another with a group considering what happened both times we tried it. people get all spread out and half of them die then the group poofs. the stupid guy rezzed me right when a mob was on top of me and i just died right away.
Momopi Down warder of PD
Somali
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Somali »

What happened last night was the result of a bunch of either A> Nitwits or B> People who don't know the SOP. I've never had a party wipe as a result of moving from one place to the next within a dungeon. A lot of times you'll be a fill in for someone leaving a party as well and you'll have to make the run on your own.

Edit: lol I edited on accident. clearing contect to make new post, which was original intent.
Last edited by Somali on September 7, 2007, 2:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

A huge benefit of being an Assassin is the Cloak of Shadow skill. Hit that and you immediately invis and lose all agro...almost seems overpowered. Thankfully, the mobs ignore your pet as well when you invis. The refresh time for cloak of shadow is less than it's duration so you can remain invisible all the time. You can also teleport without becoming visible while using cloak of shadow.
Momopi
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Momopi »

i honestly had no idea you could do that with the char select.
Momopi Down warder of PD
Somali
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Somali »

I should note that repops are what make clearing and moving as a team a bad idea. The problem is that if we'd attempted to clear and move rather than run through it would take nearly 1-1.5 hrs to get from the entrance to the dirt camp. unfortunately, a lot people will lose interest during that time because "Teh XPz R to smallz" or something and decide to bolt or fake a DC. Moving from one spot to another really is quite easy as long as you leave the system tab up and use it if you've been hit a few times. I'll normally run on until I've hit about half life and then force DC myself by going to character select. After that I'll use a potion or some food and then re-dc as needed to stay above half life on my way to the camp.

And yes Winnow, the invis thing is frikkin awesome and may be enough of a reason (combined with the fact that I found a +2 ancient dirk and haven' been able to locate any XBows) for me to go back toward the assassin route and give up on shadow hunter.
Somali
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Somali »

Momopi wrote:i honestly had no idea you could do that with the char select.
I didn't either until I started doing more DPs Naala. That's why I'm posting here, so others don't have to feel that pain. :)

Char Select is an instant disconnect and you lose all aggro the moment you hit it. Its quite wonderful, but it almost feels like an exploit. At the same time, everyone more or less expects you to know how to use it when you are in a DP, and trying to do things without it (unless you have Ass Invis) would be extraordinarily difficult. So, I work with the tools we're given and the mechanics as they are presented, even if it does feel "cheap."
Momopi
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Momopi »

makes me feel like gurugurumaki the famous exploiter of veeshan doing that char select!
Momopi Down warder of PD
Somali
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Somali »

I don't remember this Guruguru guy.
Momopi
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Momopi »

his time to shine was pre kunark heh
Momopi Down warder of PD
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

feerrot spec sploiter.

me no exploit use!
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Xouqoa wrote:So, I have a Dark Mage or whatever it is called.

I upgraded a couple of my spells from rank 1 to rank 2 and they don't see to do any more damage, but they cost more mana. Is that normal? Are spell casters gimpy in this game?
Spellcasters are the bomb in this game.

Raising a spells lvl is not linear though, while the diff between lets say lvl 3 and 4 seem minimal, it may be much more at lvl 5.

Also, the key-stat that improves all magic damage and heals is Int.

Raising your spells lvl, all skills that raise your M.atk (Magic Attack) as well as your intelligence (1 Int raises M.Atk with 2 and gives 30 MP) is the way to boost the spells.

Then you can get skillcards for the spells to improve them further.

There is also jewellry that boost M.Atk as well as Buffs.
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Also, skill cards add bonuses to spells/skills.

Cards DON"T give only -x MP or raise duration. They have hidded (not listed) effects too, like boosting damage, increasing the power of the buff (A Buff giving +65 P.Def gives +75 with a skillcard for example) etc. Why it is like this, i do not know.

Each taming skillcard is supposed to add +3 % taming chance.
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

If i remember Moonlight correctly

Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
Momopi
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Momopi »

does anyone know how much roughly it costs to bump a r3 2 handed mace from level1 to a level 10?
Momopi Down warder of PD
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Momopi wrote:does anyone know how much roughly it costs to bump a r3 2 handed mace from level1 to a level 10?
You can use r3 strike cubes w/out e-protect up until +4 so thats 4X700K = 2.8M if no fails (hopefully, otherwilse it gets a lot more expensive as yo urebuy the weapon and add 2.6 more million to the cost, e repair is out of the question at 10M plus)

after +4 it will cost 2.6M (for e protect unless prices have changed) + 700K R3 per attemt so 3.3M per attempt with a 50% or higher failure rate, so 6 X 3.3M X 2 = 39.6M

39.6M + 2.6M = 42.2 M if you're lucky.

I was somewhere around 25-30M for both my +8 R3 weapons but it gets even more difficult going from +8 to +10.

So, if someone is selling a +10 R3 weapon for less than 40M, it's a good deal.
Momopi
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Momopi »

how much you think it costs after that to use the blacksmith from lev 1 to lev 10 for r3?
Momopi Down warder of PD
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Momopi wrote:how much you think it costs after that to use the blacksmith from lev 1 to lev 10 for r3?
Ah, my bad. I think it's around 3.5M to level an R3 2H weapon from 1-10. I could be off. I know it's more expensive for the 2Hers. There's a chart somewhere that lists this stuff.

Edit: Go here:

http://rappelz.alizarinhq.com/item/weapon/mace/2/

If it's not a 2H mace, click on the correct weapon on the left column.

bah, nm, the stats aren't filled in for most of the weapons there.
Somali
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Somali »

Momopi
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Momopi »

I went linkdead then i could not log back in...kept saying cannot connect to the patch server. does this mean rappelz is down?
Momopi Down warder of PD
Sabek
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sabek

Post by Sabek »

Momopi wrote:I went linkdead then i could not log back in...kept saying cannot connect to the patch server. does this mean rappelz is down?
I got the same thing earlier.
Sabek
Just Sabek
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Same here for me, Zarrah and Nickie

Not the best spot to go lose connection!
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

HOY! Sally!

Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---