Age of Conan

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Re: Age of Conan

Post by Winnow »

noel wrote: Suvan (bar) and Suvar (con) on Thog.

Add Winnow to you friends since I kept my EQ name so it's easier for you to remember mine than your new names!
Spang wrote:Bullshit, we had a Vanguard sub-forum before the NDA was lifted!
lol@Vanguard

that doesn't count.

I'm not sure AoC warrants a separate sub forum yet but if class discussions start popping up, reference material might start getting lost in the mix.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

AoC doesn't need a subforum.. Yeah remember Vanguard people crying for one. Once that went gold the forum went belly-up not long after. Then what was that other game people were all into for awhile? Rappelz I think? Everyone wanting one for that and the one thread it had, while it did make it to 10 pages, hasn't had a post in weeks. Does anyone even play that anymore?

I'm not sure Bubba was entirely serious but I'm also not sure why everyone always brings up the new forum idea for the latest MMORPG flavor of the month.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Xanupox
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
PSN ID: TheRealScarr

Post by Xanupox »

NEW FORUM NOW! TO ARMS! I DEMAND IT, BY THE POWER OF GREYSKULL FUCKED YOUR FUCKING SKULL< >

Yeah, If you respond with no... I'll send my AF buddies to your ass and kick your house, you fag.
I probably gave you virtual items once upon a time...
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Spang wrote:Bullshit, we had a Vanguard sub-forum before the NDA was lifted!
What exactly did I have to do with that abomination?

I'm embarrassed to be posting on a message board that once had a VG forum. :P
Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Post by Fash »

Patcher wrote:Withdrawing cash from the bank should not correctly add coins to your inventory instead of replacing the already existing ones.
Somewhere, there is an extremely shitty programmer.
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

noel wrote:What exactly did I have to do with that abomination?

I'm embarrassed to be posting on a message board that once had a VG forum. :P
I'm just sayin'.

If we can have a sub-forum for a game we couldn't even talk about at the time, we can have a sub-forum for Age of Conan!

Plus, Winnow will show you his tits in game if you make it happen.

He may even let you touch them.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

We could merge this thread with the Second life thread.
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

every thread should have it's own subforum.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

I was hoping that if the new AoC forum can have it's own sub forums, that they be set up something like this:
[Show]
More sub forums could be added later if needed.
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Phoenix612

Post by Aardor »

What ability makes a demonologist regenerate health? Was pvping against one today, and couldn't figure it out.
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

health potions
I TOLD YOU ID SHOOT! BUT YOU DIDNT BELIEVE ME! WHY DIDNT YOU BELIEVE ME?
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

Winnow, that's not nearly enough subforums. You have one for PVP, so you should have one for PVE. You have one for each class, so you should have one for each crafter type. Also, you should add a fan fiction to accompany the lore. Not to mention you need one for each server, since people here aren't all playing on the same server.

That's just for starters, you'd need a lot more later.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

It's always disconcerting to me when a new mmo comes out, because inevitably a thread like this is started and every time I see that there are new posts in video games I get my hopes up, only for them to be shattered by Conan :D
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

Winnow, I found that hilarious.

What's the command to add friends?
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Commands in AoC are as complicated as commands in Unix.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

In the upper left there is a button for pvp and friends, open that up and hit the Add by Name button on the right and then you can add names in. I got you added last night but didn't see you on.
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aardor »

cadalano wrote:health potions
That's all I could come up with, but we were fighting this person for about 2 hours inside the noble district arena. That would have been a great deal of pots!
Commands in AoC are as complicated as commands in Unix.
A good deal of them are case sensitive, which totally screws people up. Also, none of them have short cuts, like /g instead of /group, or /gu instead of /guild.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

noel wrote:Winnow, I found that hilarious.

What's the command to add friends?
No idea!

I think I was able to add Bubba's character by right clicking on a /tell message from him. Not sure if the person has to be online at the time or not.
noel
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by noel »

It'll be pretty rare that I'll be on at night. I play most of the time during the day actually.
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aardor »

Hello fellow Age of Conan players!

As was mentioned yesterday, I wanted to take the time to inform you all as to what we are currently working on in regard to the Demonologist and Necromancer classes specifically. While we are still actively looking at other class adjustments on a regular basis, these two classes are the ones with the largest number of planned improvements.

We are currently aware that both classes are having difficulties at various levels, so this first round of improvements is intended to ease the leveling process in addition to increasing the general fun-factor of normal gameplay.

Please note, all these adjustments will be reviewed after testing to determine if additional alterations are needed. So, with that in mind, this list is subject to change.

Demonologists

* The duration of Protection of Set will be substantially increased.
* The maximum damage absorbed before Protection of Set fails will be increased to be more in line with damage dealt in leveling scenarios. Additional survivability increases are also being evaluated.
* Players will gain a visible debuff to indicate when Protection of Set has run out of absorbable damage.
* The base splash damage dealt by Fires of Gehenna, Hellfire Stream, Shockstrike, and Shock will be substantially increased.
* The amount of damage dealt by most damage sources will be reevaluated.
* The cooldown of Inferno of Ahmner and Shockblast will be reduced to 2.5 seconds to match the casting time of Fires of Gehenna and Shockstrike.
* The Archmage feat will be moved to tier 2 instead of tier 3 in the Mage general tree to make it more easily accessible to varying builds.
* All crowd control will have a significantly reduced chance to break from damage dealt by pets.
* Fiery Torment (Rank 1) will be introduced at level 30 instead of level 45.
* The casting time of certain long-duration buffs will be reduced.
* The run speed of pets will be increased significantly.
* Various bugfixes and alterations to existing feats and abilities; for example, decreasing the casting time of Detonation.

Necromancers

* The duration of Runed Flesh will be substantially increased.
* The maximum damage absorbed before Runed Flesh fails will be increased to be more in line with damage dealt in leveling scenarios. Additional survivability increases are also being evaluated.
* Players will gain a visible debuff to indicate when Runed Flesh has run out of absorbable damage.
* The mana cost of all ranks of spells will be significantly reduced.
* The damage dealt by Necromancer nukes will be reviewed and the amount inflicted and duration may be increased on specific ranks and spells.
* The base splash damage on core Necromancer single-target spells will be added or increased.
* The amount of periodic damage affected by absorb shields in PvP will be reviewed.
* All crowd control will have a significantly reduced chance to break from damage dealt by pets.
* The Archmage feat will be moved to tier 2 instead of tier 3 in the Mage general tree to make it more easily accessible to varying builds.
* Some issues in regard to melee pets having difficulties following moving NPCs will be improved.
* Various bugfixes and alterations to existing feats and abilities.

In addition to this list of changes, we are looking at the technical issues that currently limit pets from zoning with players. We are actively working on a solution to issue; however, it will be addressed in a future patch beyond the changes listed above. Additional changes in regard to the way periodic damage applies to breakable crowd control are also being evaluated.

Hopefully this gives you some insight into some of the many changes we have planned for the near future! We look forward to hearing your feedback on these changes and also the continued state of these and all other classes. As mentioned in my previous post, we regularly read the sticky feedback threads in all class forums and very much appreciate the reports of issues with the various classes.

Thanks for reading!
http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=49657
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

Aardor wrote:
Hello fellow Age of Conan players!

As was mentioned yesterday, I wanted to take the time to inform you all as to what we are currently working on in regard to the Demonologist and Necromancer classes specifically. While we are still actively looking at other class adjustments on a regular basis, these two classes are the ones with the largest number of planned improvements.

We are currently aware that both classes are having difficulties at various levels, so this first round of improvements is intended to ease the leveling process in addition to increasing the general fun-factor of normal gameplay.

Please note, all these adjustments will be reviewed after testing to determine if additional alterations are needed. So, with that in mind, this list is subject to change.

Demonologists

* The duration of Protection of Set will be substantially increased.
* The maximum damage absorbed before Protection of Set fails will be increased to be more in line with damage dealt in leveling scenarios. Additional survivability increases are also being evaluated.
* Players will gain a visible debuff to indicate when Protection of Set has run out of absorbable damage.
* The base splash damage dealt by Fires of Gehenna, Hellfire Stream, Shockstrike, and Shock will be substantially increased.
* The amount of damage dealt by most damage sources will be reevaluated.
* The cooldown of Inferno of Ahmner and Shockblast will be reduced to 2.5 seconds to match the casting time of Fires of Gehenna and Shockstrike.
* Fiery Torment (Rank 1) will be introduced at level 30 instead of level 45.
* Various bugfixes and alterations to existing feats and abilities; for example, decreasing the casting time of Detonation.

Necromancers

* The duration of Runed Flesh will be substantially increased.
* The maximum damage absorbed before Runed Flesh fails will be increased to be more in line with damage dealt in leveling scenarios. Additional survivability increases are also being evaluated.
* Players will gain a visible debuff to indicate when Runed Flesh has run out of absorbable damage.
* The mana cost of all ranks of spells will be significantly reduced.
* The damage dealt by Necromancer nukes will be reviewed and the amount inflicted and duration may be increased on specific ranks and spells.
* The base splash damage on core Necromancer single-target spells will be added or increased.
* The amount of periodic damage affected by absorb shields in PvP will be reviewed.
* Some issues in regard to melee pets having difficulties following moving NPCs will be improved.
* Various bugfixes and alterations to existing feats and abilities.

In addition to this list of changes, we are looking at the technical issues that currently limit pets from zoning with players. We are actively working on a solution to issue; however, it will be addressed in a future patch beyond the changes listed above. Additional changes in regard to the way periodic damage applies to breakable crowd control are also being evaluated.

Hopefully this gives you some insight into some of the many changes we have planned for the near future! We look forward to hearing your feedback on these changes and also the continued state of these and all other classes. As mentioned in my previous post, we regularly read the sticky feedback threads in all class forums and very much appreciate the reports of issues with the various classes.

Thanks for reading!
http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=49657
This should go in an AoC news/patch notes subsubforum.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

I agree.

These improvements are going to rock!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Dark Templars are underpowered but we aren't complaining!
Gemily
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Gemily »

I'm playing on Thog too, names are Gemily Priest of Mitra and Gemilia Demonologist.
Anyone starting a guild there?
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

I started an offshoot from my WoW guild called the Necromongers. Basically a casual guild with the motto of Serious Players Casual Hours. Granted for AoC we only have a few people testing it out but talking in guild is much easier than trying to navigate their chat system. If any are interested just find me online named Obellox or if Platu is on ask him to add you and that Grizz sent you. He'll understand.
Gemily
Star Farmer
Star Farmer

Post by Gemily »

Yay... thanks, I have this weekend off, i'll look you up :vv_cat-pflowerhat2:
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

It only took 46 levels (not 80, as originally predicted) for my first gold piece! Thank you, Trader!
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Daellyn

Post by Midnyte_Ragebringer »

Restored my computer, reinstalled AoC...my crashes are gone (fingers crossed). Cards run a little loud, but I can play for an extended period of time. Playing on Bane - Culture PVP under the name......Midnyte.
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Post by Fash »

I stimulated the economy with my government check.. picked up an ATI HD3870 overclocked edition. I can actually play the game, now!
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

I actually thought about grabbing the one at Best Buy for $129!
Xanupox
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
PSN ID: TheRealScarr

Post by Xanupox »

Fash wrote:I stimulated the economy with my government check.. picked up an ATI HD3870 overclocked edition. I can actually play the game, now!
I wonder if buying from national chains like BestBuy etc,. have any actual benefit for the economy? I would think that buying from local mom/pop stores would have more of an effect. Also what about newegg.com, who even owns that shit? North Korea I heard...

Anyway... I spent my 1500 on a new computer, thanks G.W.
I probably gave you virtual items once upon a time...
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

I'm probably going to cancel. Game seems cool, but I really don't have the time for two MMOs right now and I'd rather spend my limited spare time playing EQ2 at the moment.

I'll get my characters to level 10 or so so they don't get purged and I'll have another look at the state of the game if/when I lose interest in EQ2 (and maybe after a better than entry-level DX10 card).

No negative comments on it, I just don't have the time at the moment. I think that more developer attention and player feedback will make this game even better.
- Ash
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aardor »

Wow, the second sets of elite dungeons are much harder than the first (sanctum). Cistren is a non-instanced dungeon which leads to Main-System. Cistren has some tough bosses, but the real hard part is all the pvp battles for fights for spawns. Toilerbach's (sp) Tomb is insane. 7ish minutes respawn, with crazy hard bosses. The first boss drains all your stamina, and does some sort of AE ability, makes holding aggro fun, apparently. The second boss has a huge cone based damage, and a huge ae damage. The last boss (toilerbach), well, I have no idea what he does, he cast one ability and it killed everyone in the group instantly, 10 seconds into the battle. We gave up at that point.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Ashur wrote:I'm probably going to cancel. Game seems cool, but I really don't have the time for two MMOs right now and I'd rather spend my limited spare time playing EQ2 at the moment.

I'll get my characters to level 10 or so so they don't get purged and I'll have another look at the state of the game if/when I lose interest in EQ2 (and maybe after a better than entry-level DX10 card).

No negative comments on it, I just don't have the time at the moment. I think that more developer attention and player feedback will make this game even better.
I think the last time I played was last week when we were questing around Tortuga or whatever that town is called. :)

I am feeling the same way--I like the potential, but it can't pull me away from eq2 quite yet. I'll keep it installed and revisit at some point.
en kærlighed småkager
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aardor »

I feel the same way, I am also very worried about the grinding that people have to do from 50-80 (intermittently, but I know for a fact grinding occurs at some point 50-60, and 70-80, being bad in 70-80). I feel like MMOs have advanced passed the need for grinding, I.E. quests to direct you to mobs your level to kill, etc, and that grinding only exists in this game because they rushed it out, and were not able to put enough quests in.

Right now, I equate the funness of MMOs like this (ones that I play obviously)

WoW Raiding >> Age of Conan leveling >> everything else in wow, since i have capped arena, capped honor, epic gemmed arena, capped factions, full raiding gear.

Hopefully they put in more quests, I might just quit if I have to compete with a ton of people for a "camp" to level in for hours.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Well they haven't even hit the 30 day mark yet. So more stuff should be flowing in. However, when they have down time like today for 5 hours and your hopes are that they added something substantial or did something wonderful and then only to find out that they fixed a single item it gets discouraging. Granted I know that this last thing with the money being a very important thing that couldn't wait and that they have procedures to follow and blah blah blah.
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aardor »

Bubba Grizz wrote:Well they haven't even hit the 30 day mark yet. So more stuff should be flowing in. However, when they have down time like today for 5 hours and your hopes are that they added something substantial or did something wonderful and then only to find out that they fixed a single item it gets discouraging. Granted I know that this last thing with the money being a very important thing that couldn't wait and that they have procedures to follow and blah blah blah.
Yeah, maybe I have just forgotten how unpolished/incomplete/buggy WoW was when it came out, but I feel like the MMO market has matured enough that totally unfinished content for large sections of leveling in a game is unacceptable. I didn't know about the down time today, and that's a bunch of bullshit, maybe they should also fix the various encounters/quests that don't work at all, or the odd feats people get like "increase slashing and blunt damage" for a class that can only use daggers. Also, the horse thing totally drives me insane: I spent 3 gold to travel just as fast on foot, but I can sprint for a slightly longer time? I am still hoping that one is a bug.

All the complaints aside, I really like the combat system still, having recently switched trees (which totally killed soloing, but made pvp/grouping more fun) to reaffirm my views. I can't wait for some siege PVP, if I somehow make it through the grind to 80.

Glad I get to pay to beta test another game.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Bubba Grizz wrote:Well they haven't even hit the 30 day mark yet. So more stuff should be flowing in. However, when they have down time like today for 5 hours and your hopes are that they added something substantial or did something wonderful and then only to find out that they fixed a single item it gets discouraging. Granted I know that this last thing with the money being a very important thing that couldn't wait and that they have procedures to follow and blah blah blah.

Fixed a single item? I see more on the patch notes on my comp :/

Aardor wrote:Yeah, maybe I have just forgotten how unpolished/incomplete/buggy WoW was when it came out, but I feel like the MMO market has matured enough that totally unfinished content for large sections of leveling in a game is unacceptable. I didn't know about the down time today, and that's a bunch of bullshit, maybe they should also fix the various encounters/quests that don't work at all, or the odd feats people get like "increase slashing and blunt damage" for a class that can only use daggers. Also, the horse thing totally drives me insane: I spent 3 gold to travel just as fast on foot, but I can sprint for a slightly longer time? I am still hoping that one is a bug.
Holy crap was the WoW released fucked up. Servers were down for days for no reason, entire zones/instances were not itemized, unpopulated, had 0 quests, etc. We were talking about this in guildchat the other night, and laughing about how many servers some people jumped from before finding one that would stay up more than a few hours, hehehe
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

I just silently dinged (or is it dung?) 50, and I still have a ton of quests in my log. If I get to a point where I have to grind, I think I'll take up a tradeskill, or level an alt until more content is added. I've read posts from higher level players that state there are plenty of quests up to 80.

I lowered my prices on the trader and have been selling a lot more of my items. Items over 1s rarely sold, but items in the 10c to 50c price range have sold often.

I encourage everyone to /bugreport anytime you come across something that's broken. It'll minimize the game, so write down or memorize any needed info before you type the command.

I'm still enjoying this game a lot.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

I was referring to:
Update Notes - 29th of May

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following important fix is updated today:

Withdrawing cash from the bank should now correctly add coins to your inventory instead of replacing the already existing ones.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

They allegedly fixed this stuff too:
General

*Fixed some more server and client crashes.
*An issue which could make NPCs evade forever has been resolved.
*An issue which could lead to pets becoming unresponsive has been resolved.

GUI

*You should now receive feedback if you try to take items from the guild bank without having enough rank.

Items

*Items in tradepost now show stack-size.
*Resources Gathering: Cotton and Cottonwisp have been fixed.
*Kheshatta: Drop rate for Scorpion plate has been increased.
*Fixed a grammatical error with Knarled Leather. It should now be named Gnarled Leather.
*Boltshock Bangles are now properly classified as "Cloth Armor" instead of "Wrist Armor"
*Thunder River: The quest item 'Smoked Meat' has re-received its visual appearance.
*Field of the Dead: 'Fur of Bloodclaw' will no longer end up in the quest inventory.
*Thunder River: The quest item 'Helvenia's Herbs' has re-received its visual appearance.
*Sanctum of the Burning Souls: The boss drop 'Bloodtainted Hoop' will no longer end up in the quest inventory.

Massive PvP

*PVE Player city buildings should no longer be attackable.

NPCs

*Bartholomo's Wife will now respawn more often.
*Acheronian Ruins NPCs will respawn more often
*It should be easier to deal with Renton's Corrupt Friends when doing the quest Awakening II.

Player Characters

Barbarian
*Finishing Blow damage boost should only affect the first hit after the charge.
*Thirst for Blood should correctly trigger it's stacking damage bonuses for you and your team.

Necromancer
*Pets should not auto dismiss so fast when they cannot reach their owner.

Ranger
*Knee-Capping should no longer trigger Root Immunity on NPCs
*Marked for Death should give the correct damage values for bow/xbow.
*Marked for Death cooldown has been adjusted to 3 minutes like originally intended.
*Critical Aim should no longer fail to execute in some situations.
*Critical Aim duration increased to 10 seconds, but it will instantly terminate on the next ranged hit
*You should no longer get messages about getting non existing abilities when training Eagle Eye.

Tempest of Set
*Triumphant Life of Set has had its total damage dealt per cast increased.
*Triumphant Life of Set now deals the damage over 3 seconds instead of instantly.

Quests

*Old Secrets: Golden Golem should now always spawn.
*The Demon in The Tree: The Demon in the Tree Minions should now always attack the player.
*End Battle: Strom should now respawn, making it impossible to break the last part of the end battle.
*Quests Bloodroot, Concealing the Chinks, Purging the Fallen, and Source of Contagion have been improved in Tarantia Noble.
That doesn't include all the "stealth" adjustments they've been making in every patch thus far.

Also, you can now dance! Press B, scroll down, and click the icon. Use your attack buttons to perform dance combos.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Ok, my primary is a Guardian who recently hit 30. Where are the Blessed Caves in Stygia? I have been all around this damn mountain that the marker is on in the mini map and can't find them.

On a side note, I tried playing an assassin and am finding that I get my ass kicked often. I have to lose my Combat Daggers mentality from WoW and stop charging right in to take on multiple mobs my level. I have a feeling that I won't be a very good assassin.
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aardor »

Bubba Grizz wrote:Ok, my primary is a Guardian who recently hit 30. Where are the Blessed Caves in Stygia? I have been all around this damn mountain that the marker is on in the mini map and can't find them.

On a side note, I tried playing an assassin and am finding that I get my ass kicked often. I have to lose my Combat Daggers mentality from WoW and stop charging right in to take on multiple mobs my level. I have a feeling that I won't be a very good assassin.
There's a semi-hard to find area where you can climb to get to it. I had to look it up on the forums to find it. Run around the mountain spamming U and you should find it eventually =P.

I can generally take 3 things at once as an assassin, but it took awhile to get used to. A big thing was moving the mobs so that I hit all of them at once, and then making sure i'm spamming attacks when not doing combos. An assassins weapons are 1.2 speed, so you need to hit an attack every 1.2 seconds. Here's a blog i read about assassins, that has some good stuff at the beginning. The blog itself isn't bad, it's the only one i've found of it's type for assassins, but it's missing a good deal of testing (he admits that), and it is only one persons opinion. http://aoaevii.blogspot.com/
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Here's something you don't see every day! Players of Funcom's Age of Conan logged in today to reveal a new 'bug' in the game - their breasts were smaller! A recently released patch in the game caused some data to be changed in the morph values that control the character models, and the size of their respective bodyparts - specifically the breast size of female characters.

In response to complaints on the game's forum, Funcom has responded with a statement explaining that they are aware of the issue, and the unintended changes will be fixed very soon.
I've never seen a game that's had so many "accidental" changes to character models.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

Letter from the Game Director
Posted: - 03.06.2008

The following information from Game Director Gaute Godager is about the plans for the near future.

Fellow Hyborians!

As you may have noticed we have had frequent patches the last two weeks. We hope this will soon start to quiet down, but as long as there are major issues – and there have been – we will dedicate the Conan team to fixing them and giving you these fixes as soon as possible! We have a plan on how to move this game forward because as you know, what you have today is but the platform – the dawn of this world. I hope you enjoy the game as is, but I can ensure you, this is but the beginning!

Our focus from now on can be summarized by these points:

We will add content, specifically in mid-late thirties and mid-late fifties and make the leveling speed smoother in those areas, reducing the need to grind.
We will have an overhaul of the PvP system – adding consequence and a host of small things.
We are fixing bugs you reported through all channels we can get information from.
We will add a new large outdoor region in the 55-60 range this summer!
This is only a small taster! More information about the exciting summer and fall Roadmap will come the end of the next week!
We are staffing up Customer Service, Quality Assurance and Community departments!
I will spend some words on a bit more details now.

1. Filling “thin areas” in our content

We have seen that there are certain level ranges of these Hyborian Adventures that do not have the amount of quality we wish them to have. Most specifically these are the end of the Thirties and the end of the Fifties level ranges. We are addressing this in several ways.

Several mid-late thirties dungeons are getting a complete overhaul (Black Castle, Pyramid of the Ancients and Treasury of the Ancients)
Several quests are being made fuller and more entertaining. If people wish to revisit these quests, we will add a system to let them try them out again.
we are adding first a batch of quests in Eiglophian Mountains (lvls 55+)
We are also adding in a bunch of quests that didn’t quite make it for launch in the 30+ areas.
Around 60 quests through the game have been flagged as “Lore Quests”. They will now be patched out with full Voice-Over. (Roughly 1 quest per level after level 20)
All this will come in June! In July the first level 80 additional Dungeon will be patched out. More on that later…

2. Overhauling the PvP System

People like our open PvP system. There are many plans on how to give this open free PvP even more meaning and Purpose. In the meantime we will be doing some smaller tweaks, and we plan to get these out sometimes in June. I will not go into 100% detail here, but that will come next week! What I can promise is:

An update on how sneaking and perception works in PvP (nothing major, but an adjustment).
A change in the amount of information you get when you hover over an other player.
An added system of consequence to “ganking”. (Killing much-much lower level players).
A system of adding consequence to losing a PvP match, and winning a PvP match + turning on PvP Leveling.
A change in how Crowd Control (Root, Knockback etc) works in PvP.
PvP gear.

3. New Massive Region

We will unveil this location later, but it will feature a host of quests, new monsters and places of dreams or horror. It will be styled towards the players in the late 50s and bridge the experience on the way to Atzels Approach. We have plans for releasing several of the areas that didn’t quite make it for the release.

4. Fixing bugs and increasing Customer Service

Funcom has always prided ourselves with having great customer satisfaction. The success so far for this title has left us with the need to increase the size of CS. This will go in parallel with the constant fixing of bugs and other issues that lead people to petition. Included in this is even better testing of the game by increasing the size of Quality Assurance and informing you better about changes by staffing up the Community Department. I know a blurb like this will haunt me always, but I will still venture one: We aren’t satisfied until all our customers are! You know we had a very, very difficult launch of Anarchy-Online! That was a very painful process for all of us working on it – 4 years. You might not understand how driven we are to make sure you enjoy this game, and all the support around it!

The future is very bright for Hyboria. There will be many bright mornings following this, the very first. Together we shall surge ahead and build the world even bigger, better and more detailed!

Yours truly,

Gaute Godager

Game Director
Age of Conan, Funcom
Ashur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Ashur »

Fellow Hyborians!
Irony: Cimmerians and Stygians are not "Hyborians".

Hyborians were barbarian followers of the god Bori and are indeed now the common people of several areas east of the Pictish Wilderness. The primary Hyborian Kingdom is Aquilonia, but Corinthia, Ophir and several other nation states are Hyborian-based.

So "Hyborian" technically only refers to the Aquilonian players. ;)

But I suppose it's easier for people to consider the land "Hyboria" and themselves "Hyborians since Bob Howard didn't really name the land as a whole, as he thought of the land as pre-historical Earth.

OK, geek mode off... back to your combo-button-mashing!
- Ash
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Ashur wrote:
Fellow Hyborians!
Irony: Cimmerians and Stygians are not "Hyborians".

Hyborians were barbarian followers of the god Bori and are indeed now the common people of several areas east of the Pictish Wilderness. The primary Hyborian Kingdom is Aquilonia, but Corinthia, Ophir and several other nation states are Hyborian-based.

So "Hyborian" technically only refers to the Aquilonian players. ;)

But I suppose it's easier for people to consider the land "Hyboria" and themselves "Hyborians since Bob Howard didn't really name the land as a whole, as he thought of the land as pre-historical Earth.

OK, geek mode off... back to your combo-button-mashing!
I rolled Aquilonian, so piss off!
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Aquilonian is the way to go!

Nice outline letter. Looks like they will stay on top of things.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Boogahz »

Here's proof that they need the consequence system in place for PvP

I just want to make the money to buy a horse to do this once or twice myself!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-rl3RPC_Mw
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

PvP is lame.. But that's pretty funny.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--