Age of Conan

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Deward
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Re: Age of Conan

Post by Deward »

There is a good group of us on Mananana.

The gold farmers are definitely annoying. I had the same guy send tells to me at least ten times before I got around to /ignoring him. I don't think FunCom does much to discourage that sort of thing but at least ignore works well. I find it odd they are trying so hard to sell money. I am level 30 now and the only thing I have spent any money on was to re-do my feats. I am sure that will change later though. So far money has been a bit pretty non-existent for me. In 30 levels I think I have amassed about 12 silver. The few shops I have looked have almost nothing for that cheap. And definitely nothing worth buying.

I am at my first roadblock as a cimmerian. Those Ymir bastards are pretty much unsoloable and all of my remaining quests deal directly with them. Luckily I can tank them long enough to kill their buddies and then make a run for it. Still having fun regardless though.
Deward
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Deward wrote:
I am at my first roadblock as a cimmerian. Those Ymir bastards are pretty much unsoloable and all of my remaining quests deal directly with them. Luckily I can tank them long enough to kill their buddies and then make a run for it. Still having fun regardless though.
Head over to to the Wild Lands in Aquilonia or head down to the Stygian area for awhile. I found those areas more fun than the Cimmerian lands. There are quests for your level in the other two areas.
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

i was actually able to solo all of the ymir-area quests (aside from the ymir ones) with a good example of how infantile the leash & social systems are in AoC. As long as your initial attack is out of social range, your target can run straight through other enemies and they will not assist even if you are still attacking as it runs through. But even if you do pick up social aggro, the leash range is never reset past the initial social assist.. so I was able to just attack one guy in the middle of a pack of Ymirs from max range (which exceeded the default mob leash range due to Demo talents) and by the time the Ymirs actually got to me, they'd hit their leash and reset without me moving an inch even though i'd been nuking my target right next to them the whole time.
I TOLD YOU ID SHOOT! BUT YOU DIDNT BELIEVE ME! WHY DIDNT YOU BELIEVE ME?
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

I found leash pulling mobs to be a pain in the ass on my DT. It was either the dmg shield, the proc that makes their attacks heal you when they dmg you once, or one of the other random procs that seemed to count as attacks...
*~*stragi*~*
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: kimj0ngil

Post by *~*stragi*~* »

Have you seen these patches and undocumented sweeping nerfs? I really believe that AoC is just a big ironic joke. They are doing everything in the most idiotic way possible, it just can't be serious.
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Phoenix612

Post by Aardor »

Assassins:

* From the Darkness ability nerfed. Animation changed and damage after charge normalised to white attack.

.... yeah that was really needed. Probably going to quit the game at this rate.
Boogahz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: corin12
PSN ID: boog144

Post by Boogahz »

Yeah, I canceled when the free time was up. I have too many other things to spend my time on. I didn't need the additional frustrations this game was bringing. Overall, I expect it to be greatly improved over time. I just hope that it doesn't take TOO long.
*~*stragi*~*
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by *~*stragi*~* »

They aren't QAing anything. It's like they're artifically fucking everyone over to delay the leveling so people don't realize they have no content to speak of once they hit the level cap. Barb got royally fucked over too, no reason to use CoS anymore.

So I made a ToS and now they've nerfed the only way to level one via active blocking.

There's classes now that aren't even able to grind exp.
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

They made changes a while back to the Elite mobs so that they actually do damage to players who are higher level than they are. One day I was up killing Ymir and destroying the Totems but couldn't finish due to time constraints so I camped out up there. I came back after they made the change and got slaughtered. Today I went to that area, this is a different character on different server, and tried complete some quests. I am roughly 8-9 levels above these guys so I am not getting exp for these but I want to complete the quests so I can catch up in the chains. I walk up to a vanir and a ymir sorc and started my fight. The vanir dropped pretty fast but the sorc took me out. I am a Guardian with full defensive stance and manuevre set up, 8 levels higher, and he still took me out. It was close but he got me. Something is wrong with that.
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aardor »

Bubba Grizz wrote:They made changes a while back to the Elite mobs so that they actually do damage to players who are higher level than they are. One day I was up killing Ymir and destroying the Totems but couldn't finish due to time constraints so I camped out up there. I came back after they made the change and got slaughtered. Today I went to that area, this is a different character on different server, and tried complete some quests. I am roughly 8-9 levels above these guys so I am not getting exp for these but I want to complete the quests so I can catch up in the chains. I walk up to a vanir and a ymir sorc and started my fight. The vanir dropped pretty fast but the sorc took me out. I am a Guardian with full defensive stance and manuevre set up, 8 levels higher, and he still took me out. It was close but he got me. Something is wrong with that.
It depends how you look at it. You can either be frustrated by not being able to do gray elite quests, or you can be frustrated whenever you try to do one of the many (after lvl 50) non-instanced dungeons that had 80's perma camping them up till that change (for money). I think it was a good change, I just think they should have instanced every dungeon up till lvl 80, and have some non-instanced dungeons then. Would have provided more content for leveling up, something which is definitely lacking, and has barely been addressed at higher levels, and still allow for the experience of non-instanced content.

Oh well, it's not like there is a single instance in this game without a bugged encounter. Pretty frustrated with it these days. Canceled my account (good through end of july though) till they start doing better updates across the board, and actually list them in patch notes. Unfortunately it seems like AoC is having a similar lunch to AO did: fun game with really cool systems, but not nearly enough testing, causing massive nerfs/changes to classes, and bug fixes which come out months after release.
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aardor »

Player Classes

Mage

* Tome of Erlik now has effects and sounds.
* Purge now has sound and particle effects associated with it and should now go on the appropriate cooldown. Purge now provides 5 seconds of immunity in addition to removal of effects.
* Misdirection now has received a better visual and should no longer look like a lightning strike.
* Weakened Protection will no longer refresh itself after the player cancels his own Absorb buff.

Rogue

* Mountaineer, Distraction, and Concealment effects are now innate in the feat and will not take up space in the Rogue's buff window. They will still provide a buff to the Rogue's teammates.
* Distraction will now properly apply to the Rogue's teammates.

Bear Shaman

* Reaper Claws will no longer disappear when you zone.

Conqueror

* Feint Attack combo animation speed will now scale correctly for both male and female. Now the male and female should do equal damage.

Necromancer

* The splash damage of the Deathless Acolyte: Magus has been increased from 10% to 30%, with 4 meter range and a maximum of 5 targets
* The Deathless Acolyte: Reaper and Deathless Acolyte: Arcanist now have 30% splash damage with 2 meter range on a single additional target
* The Deathless Acolyte: Arcanist's chance to trigger the Arcanist's Knowledge has been doubled
* The Arcanist's Knowledge effect will now display the current stack count in the buff GUI
* Casting Frost Blast will no longer cause the Necromancer to get stuck in a casting animation
* Flash Freeze now additionally decreases the casting time and increases the damage of Freeze
* Freeze will now clear the target of all Necromancer damage-over-time effects when cast, this will reduce the chance of it breaking accidentally on damage
* Ice Shackle no longer has a chance to break on damage
* The debuff effect applied by Wither Soul should now have the appropriate icon

Combat

* Thrown weapons have had their range increased: Light throwing weapons now have a range of 15 meters, up from 12. Heavy throwing weapons now have a range of 18 meters, up from 16.
* Generic NPC crowd control effects have been tweaked. Resistances from feats and other player effects should now help against NPC crowd control. Stun, knockback, charm, and fear will now grant the player immunity.

Massive PvP

* Battlekeeps now have resurrection points for the attackers, that are located near the front gate of the city.
* Fixed an issue that disabled Siege Weapons if the target was out of range.
* NPC's will properly respawn when a building is repaired.
* Players are now able to use a siege weapon after the player using it has gone linkdead.
* Players now get a notification when they are about to get teleported out during a Massive PvP battle.
* Damaged playerbuilt curved walls now have correct collision so they can not be walked through before they are completely destroyed.
* Lacheish Plains: Several holes have been closed in the West Battlekeep so players can no longer bypass the walls there.
* Poitain: Several holes have been closed in the West, South and East Battlekeeps so players can no longer bypass the walls there.

Mounts

* Moving around while mounted should now correctly interrupt spell-casting.

Items

* Fixed a tooltip error on the crossbow Skysmite causing the bonuses to be illegible.
* The recipe for Steelsilk Belt has been changed to Fine Steelsilk Belt.
* The recipe for Steelsilk Leggings has been changed to Fine Steelsilk Leggings.
* Selling a gemmed item to a shop and undoing the sale will no longer remove the gems.

Playfields

Armsmans Arena

* Doors should no longer be targetable in the Arena.
* Fixed an issue where players managed to get locked inside the monster cages in the Arena. You should now be able to get out using the Lever.

Lacheish Plains

* all the levers for each door in Stonehammer battlekeep should now work properly.

Tradeskills

* A progress bar will appear whenever gemcutting is performed.
* Crafted armor pieces no longer incorrectly have more defense rating than normal pieces of armor.
* Resolved a level check for the response to give when character is below level 70 and tries to learn gathering Oak.
* The Weaponsmith workshop plan can now be correctly learned from the Architect trainer.
* Blue Iron can again be mined from the correct mineral veins.

Quests

* Stonecutter Trainer: Fixed a dialogue issue so the trainer will now accept Basalt and Adamant to resolve the quest.
* Cannibal Commotion: Fixed an issue where Attadeus would become stuck and not allow you to update the quest.
* The Bearer of Ill Tidings: The Field of the Dead quest "The Bearer of Ill Tidings" and "Allies of the White Hand" are now level 48.
* The Den of Wolves: The goal name was changed from "The Den of Wolves" to "Kill Plains Wolves".
* The Wolf Hunt: The goal name was changed from "The Wolf Hunt" to "Kill Yukagi Wolves".
* Death to the Undead: The goal name was changed from "Death to the Undead" to "Destroy Conriocht werewolves in the Haunted Forest".
* Greater Prey: The goal name was changed from "Greater Prey" to "Kill werewolf Rippers, Antagonizer, Slasher and Slicers".
* The Curse of the Werewolves: The goal name was changed from "The Curse of the Werewolves" to "Kill Conriocht Menaces, Slayers and Goremuzzles".
* Fit for a Chieftain: You will now correctly receives the item 'Fur of Bloodclaw' in the quest inventory.
* Attack of the Savages: An issue where the goal text was not clear has been changed to "Kill Raiders at the Guard Post".
* Castle of King Conan: Pallantides now doesn't display an exclamation mark over his head unless you can get the quest from him.
* Tortage: Renton should now have one coherent look as opposed to changing look between quests.
* Paetus & the Nemedian Crown III: Gavion now gives the player the map and letter back when he ask the player to go talk to King Conan about this treason. Players will need to delete their old quest "Paetus & the Nemedian Crown III" and speak with Gavion again to continue this quest line.
* Lusts of the Flesh: You now get a cask of Tainted Ale to give to Tuthmekri. Players who want to finish this quest will have to delete it from their quest journal and get it again.
* Master of the Silver Peacock: Vistrix now finaly gives in and surrender his teeth on defeat. You are now able to complete this quest, and thereby advance to The Black Ring Citadel.
* Alchemy quests: The dialogues with the Alchemy trainer should now all work correctly and give and complete the needed quests.
* Common Gems II - Return to the Gemcutter: The quest can now be completed by handing over the needed gems to the trainer.
* Tear 2 gathering quest - Return the Illustrium: The quest can now be completed by handing over the illustrium to the trainer.
* Woodcutter quest: Players will now be able to get the 'Gathering Oak' quest when having the correct level.

NPC

* Tarantia Noble: Zhu-Khang no longer has flickering clothing.
* Armsman's Tavern: Sarissa's upper chest should no longer go through her dress.
* Tortage Jungle: Poacher Marksman should no longer shoot invisible arrows at players.
* Eiglophian Mountains: Added two vendors to the Mountain Hunting Lodge.
* Conall's Valley: The Gravesinger now has an improved look that fits more with the description of him.
* Conalls Valley: Supply Master Vorgir has been given a slight makeover and should look better now.
* Tortage Underhalls Day: NPCs will now respawn slightly quicker than before.
* Lacheish Plains: Tiggle Knucklebone has been removed from the playfield to stop players from confusing him as a Trader.
* NPCs will no longer inappropriately recieve player buffs such as Lotus Overload, Blood Pit, Embrace Death, Overpower, and Pact of Dread.
* Vendor bought resources have been reduced in price.
* Sanctum of the Burning Souls: It is now possible to spawn the Dark Beast boss just by interacting with the Sacrificial Altar while holding a Ritual Chalice. The specific quest requirement has been removed.

Localization

* French: Many of dialogues that were still in English have been translated.
* all languages: All Feats, Special Abilities, Skills, Spells and Combos have been reviewed are now fully and consistently translated.

General

* Updated/improved descriptions of following abilities/feats/combos: >From the Darkness, Overpower, Blood Rage Stance, Secondary Laceration, Crippling Bloodbath (Crippling Bloody Hack), Improved Inspire, Focus, Burning Vigor, Covenant of Invulnerability III,
Focus, "Secondary Laceration" changed to "Conquest"
* Players will now be able to exit Dance state while in combat.
OH BOY MORE NECROMANCER CHANGES AND UPDATES TO LEVEL 30-40 CONTENT!!!!!! I should have known that Funcom would totally fuck a launch of a game again, just like in AO (so it will actually be worthwhile playing it in 2 years). Glad I canceled last week, 3 more weeks of patches before my account runs out and I uninstall, assuming they keep only changing one class and adding/fixing content for one level range I passed before Early Access was over. Such a shame.
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aardor »

Saw a great quote on the AoC forums today:
AoC is like smoking, after each patch it become easier and easier to quit
The undocumented change notes today are scary, I really hope they didn't break the ability to do custom keybinds. Not to mention, I'm pretty disappointed with what they are changing in these patches.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

I canceled a few days ago, and hadn't played for more than a month.

I still think there should have been a dedicated forum.
Make love, fuck war, peace will save us.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Spang wrote:I canceled a few days ago, and hadn't played for more than a month.

Please provide a 6 point plan as to why you think that!
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
*~*stragi*~*
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by *~*stragi*~* »

Todays patch only further soldifies my comments. They honestly broke the game today. I guess that's what happens when you move your developers over to a 360 port and a new mmo and leave your c-stringers to work on your current project. This pile of trash is just looking more and more like a money grab to fund other projects.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

It's not too late to come back to EQ. The free promotion still going!

--
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aardor »

Aslanna wrote:
Spang wrote:I canceled a few days ago, and hadn't played for more than a month.

Please provide a 6 point plan as to why you think that!
Truthfully, I went to other places to talk about AoC because they did simply have forums, and therefore more organization. For people complaining about this board dying, we sure don't want to do anything that facilitates getting new users, or old users to come back. This thread is good to bitch about the game on, though.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

While I understand what you're saying I don't agree with the premise. People would leave simply because there was no AoC forum? We'd get new people because there was an AoC forum? A bunch of dead forums doesn't do anything for anyone. This single thread, much like with Rappelz, was more than enough to contain all th AoC infoz. And as you can see in this thread a lot of people that were playing it have either quit or are considering it. How would a dedicated forum have changed anything? Obviously it doesn't affect me personally since if I don't want to see it I don't have to bother with it much like the WoW forum but it just seems rather pointless to me.

--
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aardor »

Aslanna wrote:While I understand what you're saying I don't agree with the premise. People would leave simply because there was no AoC forum? We'd get new people because there was an AoC forum? A bunch of dead forums doesn't do anything for anyone. This single thread, much like with Rappelz, was more than enough to contain all th AoC infoz. And as you can see in this thread a lot of people that were playing it have either quit or are considering it. How would a dedicated forum have changed anything? Obviously it doesn't affect me personally since if I don't want to see it I don't have to bother with it much like the WoW forum but it just seems rather pointless to me.
Didn't mean to imply people left because of a lack of an AoC forum. I would have had friends from AoC register here, maybe others would have too. People who don't post here anymore could have come back through posting in AoC, but I can't say that for sure.

This single thread, or threads which are not in any sort of order, pretty much turned me off from doing anything here but bitching. Searching for certain information or posts just becomes a pain in the ass, which I chose not to deal with and put my efforts on a board with an AoC forum. I don't see the problem at all in creating a new forum, and then locking it or deleting it after it dies. I run multiple phpbb3 boards, and the process takes no time at all, assuming you have used it before. Hell, phpbb3 made it even easier than phpbb2. However, I respect that Sylvus or whoever does not wish to do it, it is their board.

What I was trying to say, is that in the past year there have been multiple threads about this board dying a slow death. During the discussion of those threads, it is always mentioned that we have no avenue to get new users here. I felt that new mmorpgs could be such an avenue, and it struck me as odd that there was a large population of this board against such a prospect (or at least, by their actions in bitching about a forum not being made, I feel they have shown themselves to be against such a prospect).
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I'm just one person with an opinion on the matter the same as you. I have no control over there being a forum created or not. I think you're overanalyzing the situation. If there was a need for a forum it would have been created but those who run the board obviously didn't feel that it was necessary.

You can just tell people this is an awesome place and get them to come for that reason! If a bunch of people had registered and started talking about AoC perhaps then the forum would have been created.

--
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Those that run the board don't give a shit, or they don't have the time to give a shit.
Xouqoa
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Xouqoa

Post by Xouqoa »

Honestly, every time we have made a new forum for a new MMO it has died inside a month or so. People seem to be quitting AoC in droves, why bother creating a new forum for it. There are all of like, 3 threads.

Myself, I'm having fun with it for now but I don't know about the long term potential of it. I definitely like the solo-ability of the game, though. (I know, who plays an MMO to play alone, right?)

I don't know what all the hubub is about with the new patches "ruining the game" but I'm only level 25, so I guess that is why.
"Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings." - John F Kennedy
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

Xou,
Aardor was saying that people are quitting AoC in droves because you didn't set up a subforum for it.
You guys are single handedly responsible for the exodus of players from that game. I hope the legal team at Funcom doesn't find out about, cause you guys might be on the receiving end of a major lawsuit for tanking their game.

Oh if only we had set up a subforum!

:(
Kaldaur
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: Kaldaur

Post by Kaldaur »

Umm, that's not what he said at all.
Fash
Way too much time!
Way too much time!
XBL Gamertag: sylblaydis

Post by Fash »

Woosh!
Fash

--
Naivety is dangerous.
Midnyte_Ragebringer
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Daellyn

Post by Midnyte_Ragebringer »

Fash wrote:Woosh!
LOL

Jeff Dunham and Peanut comes to mind.
Xanupox
Almost 1337
Almost 1337
PSN ID: TheRealScarr

Post by Xanupox »

Wuoshi is up, emerald forest, TO ARMS CT TO ARMS!
I probably gave you virtual items once upon a time...
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Wuoshi doesn't live in Emerald Forest. Wherever that even is!

--
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Kwonryu DragonFist »

Wakening Lands in EQ1 and in Emerald Halls in Eq2 i think! :D
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
The best site known to man!
--++http://kwonryu.mybrute.com++--
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Funcom informed me of my account being frozen via email in four different languages.
Dear Age of Conan customer...

Cher client d'Age of Conan...

Sehr geehrter Kunde...

Apreciado cliente de Age of Conan...
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

They should add Jive and Dewd Speak to those.
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aardor »

Spang wrote:Funcom informed me of my account being frozen via email in four different languages.
Haha, what did your account get frozen for?
Truant
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Truant »

Frozen is the state your account enters when your subscription ends. This term is used in several other MMO's as well for this status.
Aardor
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Aardor »

Truant wrote:Frozen is the state your account enters when your subscription ends. This term is used in several other MMO's as well for this status.
Oh, weird. In WoW it says "Cancelled," and that's what I recall it saying in EQ also. My AoC subscription has also run out, and I do not see it saying frozen anywhere. What other MMORPGs did you experience this in? In WoW, our guildleaders account was frozen at one point for an investigation into gold selling (we sold BWL spots to people and made an asston of gold, which is why they thought he was a gold farmer).

He should just be happy that his status doesn't say Canceled, yet they still charge him for the subscription, as many other people are experience with Funcom right now.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Yeah, it's frozen because I stopped paying them.
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Oh fuck, I forgot to cancel my account...maybe played the game for 3 or 4 days. Arg, what a waste. :( Will have to remember to cancel later.
en kærlighed småkager
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

WoW used Account Frozen accompanied with the Blizzard breath icon in Account Management when you cancelled or didn't pay, but this was back in 2005. :)
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Your Age of Conan Buddy Key has now been Enabled!
Thanks a lot, FunCom!
cadalano
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by cadalano »

misery loves company, am i right?
I TOLD YOU ID SHOOT! BUT YOU DIDNT BELIEVE ME! WHY DIDNT YOU BELIEVE ME?
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Post by Funkmasterr »

Damn, it's too bad we didn't make a Age of Conan forum, seems like everybody's playing this !
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

I stopped playing specifically because we don't have a forum here for it. :(
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Bubba Grizz wrote:I stopped playing specifically because we don't have a forum here for it. :(
Damn the man!

Obama might be able to do something about that for you when he is done curing AIDS, ending starvation, and bringing peace to the middle east.
Spang
Way too much time!
Way too much time!

Post by Spang »

Yeah, let's bring politics into the Age of Conan thread.
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Spang wrote:Yeah, let's bring politics into the Age of Conan thread.
Sorry, I'd hate to wreck the thread :( The last page about everyone canceling their accounts has almost made me want to start playing, so I should feel ashamed. I apologize :(
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

I didn't quit because it was a bad game... It's actually quite good.
I was just having more fun playing other MMOs and a big portion of the playerbase was really fucking annoying. The only thing worse than WOWtards are WOWtard rejects.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Canelek
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Canelek

Post by Canelek »

Agree. It is a pretty game, but 1 MMO is quite enough for me, lol. Also, some of the 'social' options were a bit too convoluted for me and the wowtards were rather annoying.

(Yes, I liked WoW, but I like the term WoWTard.) =D
en kærlighed småkager
Bubba Grizz
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Bubba Grizz »

I loved the combat system. Hated the crafting and resource gathering. I had mentioned long ago that crafting could be a breaking point for me. It certainly added into the equation. We had to tighten down on our spending so had to trim the AOC fat from my budget. At least I got a new computer out of it.
Winnow
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Winnow »

Trouble brewing
Age of Conan Producer and Game Director Gaute Godager has resigned from Funcom, stating his dissatisfaction with the game as the key reason for his departure. Anarchy Online Producer and Game Director Craig Morrison will be taking over the vacated position. Gaute was with the company for 16 years, and will be sorely missed by the Funcom and fans of their games alike.
“I have done my very best making this fabulous game, but I have concluded there are elements which I am dissatisfied with. I have decided to act on this, and as a result I have chosen to leave Funcom. It is time to get new, fresh eyes on Age of Conan, and I wholeheartedly support the appointment of Craig. I have had a fantastic time these last 16 years, and I am very proud of the many things Funcom has achieved. Funcom and Conan will always be a big part of me, but as I now look to new ventures outside the gaming industry I am certain Age of Conan’s future is in the best of hands.”
miir
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: miir1

Post by miir »

Gaute is a really awesome guy.
Disappointing to see him leave Funcom.
I've got 99 problems and I'm not dealing with any of them - Lay-Z
Kwonryu DragonFist
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

*~*stragi*~* wrote:Todays patch only further soldifies my comments. They honestly broke the game today. I guess that's what happens when you move your developers over to a 360 port and a new mmo and leave your c-stringers to work on your current project. This pile of trash is just looking more and more like a money grab to fund other projects.
What in the patch sealed the deal for you? Longer range on throwing weapons?
Thanks to Thess
---xx0O0xx---