Genshin Impact (PS4/PC/Switch/Mobile)

General discussion about other games, links to reviews, demos, etc - let us know about whats up and coming

Moderators: Funkmasterr, noel

Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!
XBL Gamertag: Dandelo19
PSN ID: ToPsHoTTa471

Re: Genshin Impact (PS4/PC/Switch/Mobile)

Post by Funkmasterr »

Yeah, the two teams for spiral abyss is what froze my progress - who the fuck has time to do enough grinding to level up a second team? :roll:

I got the bow from the battle pass level 30 thing the first time around, and put that on Fischl. My thoughts were that since her shock attacks do pretty good damage, but also knock the enemies back, that if the effect on that bow (essentially Venti light as it should pull things together) will keep them grouped up for utility, but also do more damage as a result. I could be wrong, but I'm sticking with it :lol:

I think part of it for me too, is that I don't particularly want two bow users on my main team - and if one has to go I feel like it's Venti over Fischl.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Working my way through part 3 of the event. However I was not able to start until I finished a quest I had picked up a month ago. The Trials in Tianquin (sp) one that I couldn't beat the third level on. It would not allow me to start solo or co-op which is total BS. Luckily with Diluc (and Kaeya!) I was able to beat the trial and get that quest out of my inventory. I feel sorry for people who have that quest in their list and are unable to complete it because they're not going to be getting a Fischl. Regardless, even the first two parts got me a bunch of resources and primogems so that in itself would have been worth it for me although I definitely would have been disappointed I couldn't do Part 3.

I can't imagine doing this event solo though as when you're 'depositing' stuff you're vulnerable to being hit and interrupted. Maybe solo there aren't as many enemies or you have more time. Honesty it's easier to just launch into co-op with a bunch of randos. Out of the 5 times I ran it I only failed once because the team was pretty weak. The average time to complete was about 4-5 minute although I had one team that did it in 2 minutes.
Have You Hugged An Iksar Today?

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I got my Fischl and bought all the items in the event store so that's complete!

Also, as I only have one real healer I went ahead and bought Bennett from the store since supposedly he can be a decent enough healer. Barbara is alright for the most part but having to rely on water to heal sucks when there are enemies that freeze you. I want to start building up my second team for the Spiral Abyss so having two(ish) healers, one for each team, is a good starting place.

Other than that I'm at AR45 and have the quest to bump up the World Level but I'm just going to sit where I am for now and farm materials and get everyone and their weapons to 80 and the talents maxxed. I'm in no rush!

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

So I burned up all the primogems I had received from the event trying to get Diona because I would really like another Cryo character but only ended up getting Ningguang 4 times so that majorly sucked.

Over on the other banner I got Mona. She's good but talk about being disappointed. I would have liked Diona instead. Or Chongyun.. or Qiqi.. Any Cryo character would have done! So it looks like I am stuck with Kaeya for now. Or possibly forever by the looks of it.

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

Ugh! Yeah, I've thought about diving back in but I just can't bring myself to do it. I got a few new characters when I last played, and even got a couple of constellations for them (I believe I got chongyun twice), but I didn't bother leveling them due to the resources required.

There isn't much coming out over the next few months that I want to play, so I'll likely get back to it over the winter. For now, I picked up 13 Sentinels Aegis Rim last night, and am going to play through that.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I did a bunch of wishes on the latest banner. I got Zhongli twice but apparently he sucks... So that's just my luck.

I did get Chongyun so at least now I finally have another cryo character other than Kaeya so that's progress. I leveled him to 60 but I haven't actually used him yet though so I don't know how he plays. I'd really like another healer-type and then I think I'll be set to get further in Spiral Abyss.

Other than that I am just farming bosses every day at AR45/WL5. I probably have enough xp saved up to get to AR50 but I don't see a point in that as I still need a lot of ascension materials. May as well farm them at an easier level! People say things like the Oceanid suck at WL6 so I don't need that frustration. I'm fine with playing ~30 minutes a day then logging off and doing something else.

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

I don't know if I have the best banner luck or the worst... But I keep getting new characters even when I am going for constellations. The only time I really got the shaft was when I was going after Diona. Other than that, out of the 27 characters currently available, I have 20 of them. I was trying to get another constellation for Chongyun but ended up getting Xinyan.

Anyway, even then, for spending 0 dollars on wishes (I have bought the Battle Pass in addition to the Welkin thingie) I think I've done pretty decently. The events have been giving a decent amount of primogems lately.

The 1.2 patch releases Wednesday which unlocks more of the map. Not sure how I feel about the cold areas making you take damage though. I was never a fan of mechanics like that.

Supposedly with 1.3 they are going to buff Geo so maybe my C2 Zhongli won't suck by then.

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Update on my banner luck: It is definitely the worst. In 50 wishes I've gotten 4 weapons and an Amber. :(

Aslanna wrote: December 21, 2020, 8:00 pm Not sure how I feel about the cold areas making you take damage though. I was never a fan of mechanics like that.

Also, the cold mechanic is as annoying as I thought it would be. I can't wait to finish this event and never go back to Dragonspine again.

--
Funkmasterr
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Funkmasterr »

That's a bummer there's a whole area you don't like, but I don't blame you. Having to constantly manage that wouldn't be fun at all, and honestly it doesn't seem like it fits well with the rest of the game.
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

It's annoying but not terrible. There's enough "safe spots" so it's not really a big deal. However once I finish the event I don't see myself going back there.

Still having terrible luck on the banner!

Also, if one is interested in GI I'd recommend doing this content. You get a lot of primogems and it's not that time consuming.

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Still playing! I haven't yet bumped up my World Level or Adventure Rank so I'm at like 150,000/15,000 to level to 46. I have been debating going up to WL6 as nothing has really been that tough at WL5.

I got Ganyu (due to pity) so that's nice. Supposedly she isn't bad. The only bad thing is before getting Ganyu needed a decent Cryo character and went all in on Chongyun and used a lot of resources to get him to 80. Regardless, Kaeya has now been relegated to permanent expedition duty.

The only character I really wanted, but never got, was Diona. My healing is weak. I have Barbara and.. That's about it. I've heard Bennett isn't bad but I don't have the resources to get him over 50.

1.3 is coming in about 2 weeks. And yeah since I finished the Dragonspine stuff I've not gone back.

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Update from my last post.. I moved up to AR50/WL6. It's not so bad but the rewards don't seem to have increased. I probably have enough XP to get me to 55 but I think I'll stay where I am for now. No sense moving up as most of my characters are level 80 so I need to start working on leveling them up.

I finally got Diona. And Xiao. And Hu Tao. Although I did whale a bit on Hu Tao as the pity got me Qiqi and not Hu Tao. So I had to hit pity twice although I beat it the second time by 45 pulls so overall not terrible.

1.4 patch next week! Venti banner is coming back... As well as Childe. A new 4 star character, Rosario, will be on the Childe banner as well so I'll probably be wishing on that.

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Venti banner is live so if you missed that previously... Maybe now is the time!

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Still playing!

2.0 recently launched which added Inazuma. Or at least 3 islands of Inazuma. So that gives people a bit more to explore.

Aloy (from Horizon Zero Dawn) will be added as a free 5-star character in a few months.
Aslanna wrote: December 18, 2020, 1:07 am I did a bunch of wishes on the latest banner. I got Zhongli twice but apparently he sucks... So that's just my luck.
Btw they did buff Zhongli up a bit. And I didn't realize how much I'd like having a shield character but Zhongli has become a permanent member of my team. I'm glad I got him as well as C1.

--
Aslanna
Super Poster!
Super Poster!

Post by Aslanna »

Still playing!

Nothing much new to report though.

--